Welcome to Aldrect! Here you'll see vast, towering buildings of pure alabaster and marble, and the business of the townsfolk. The religion of the Holy Triumvirate was begun here, and in the center of the city is a grand fountain of the gods. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Aldrect, the Holy City

[Event] Help Unwanted

Postby FrostWynd » 06/05/2021 11:26 PM

As soon as the final details of this so called plan had been laid out by the woman that he was, at least only temporarily, working for, Emrel was among the very first to vacate the room they'd all found themselves in.

Everything about it was simple. Too simple, in fact. And he had to wonder just what exactly this woman was possibly keeping hidden from them. Being familiar enough with the particular nature of these types of jobs, there was always something to hide. Secrets to be kept. Especially when, although it hadn't been said outright, he was essentially being tasked with stealing whatever was being kept in this research facility. Which also brought up the question of whether or not some form of security was going to end up being a concern. An obstacle that he'd have to get around one way or another...

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: [Event] Help Unwanted

Postby FrostWynd » 06/05/2021 11:27 PM

The gears seemed to be turning quite a bit in that head of his as soon as he'd left. All the while, Emrel would end up being followed by someone since well before then. Their pale eyes being trained onto the back of his skull with an intensity that would make most people feel very unnerved. She had absolutely no interest nor desire to associate herself with someone like him, yet somehow that is exactly what she was being forced to do the moment she'd been assigned to this job, and she was going to loathe absolutely every single minute of it. She just knew it.

Why on earth did they have to pick her to do this anyway?

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/05/2021 11:29 PM

Should the supposed security actually be worth a damn, then it was possible that things could get dangerous for him in there. Buuut... he could think of a few ways that he could go about dealing with any future problems that might come up in the research facility. So eventually Emrel figured that he'd simply leave the issue up to when he actually got there. The entry point that would lead to the sewers was coming up now, from what he could see through tinted lenses as he pushed onward through the city and past the gathering crowds for their little glitzy festival.

Standing just outside of what would turn out to be a tunnel, Emrel would be staring down into the darkness beyond with a look of disgust. Even just being right here was close enough to catch a whiff of the foul odor looming about the place, and he hated it immensely. Even with the equipment he normally had, there would be no getting around having to breathe that stuff in to some degree. He didn't even want to think about the kind of filth that was down here...

Suppressing the desire to sigh, as he certainly didn't want to breathe this air in anymore than he had to, he reached over to grab the mask he always carried around. Being just about to put it on, something would come up from behind as he did that, and pressed something against his back.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/05/2021 11:36 PM

Now, there was still that little thing that Emrel was just about getting to wondering now that he was here at the sewers, but it seemed whoever this was had taken the liberty of helping speed things along. And he could easily guess at what exactly was being pointed at him right now. "...Let me guess, you're my partner for today's little adventure?" Emrel stated flatly as he kept very still. There would be a slight jab with the knife, putting uncomfortable pressure against his skin, but not enough to actually slice anything. Yet. "We. Are not. Partners. I'm just here to get a job done. Understood?" There was some strong and very obvious hostility in this woman's voice. To say she didn't like him was obviously a major understatement, and it seems she was rather touchy too.

He smirked a little under the cover of his hood, and resumed putting on the mask. "Yeah, yeah. I hear ya." Her weapon would be quickly withdrawn as he turned around to see the one sneaking around behind his back face to face. "Does that mean introductions are not necessary?"

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 06/05/2021 11:47 PM

She would be pretty resistant about sharing her name at first, but he would come to learn that her name was Saphrin. And apparently she already knew his name beforehand, so that sped things along greatly for them and introductions were over quickly. Especially when he took off ahead of her afterwards, his following words muffled and loud as they echoed into the tunnel. "Great! Let's get this done and over with then."

It was about as bad as he imagined down here, if not beyond. It was annoying too that they had to watch their step if they didn't want to slip and either break their necks or drown in the muck. Otherwise beyond that, there weren't all that hindered with making their way through the sewers, as not even the darkness would hold them back. Every twist and turn they made in navigating the place was done with perfect sight, if you were to ignore the fact that their eyes were kind of watering from the stinging they felt...

The one major hitch, that neither quite expected, was the large sewer beast that eventually made it's way up through the canal, and launched itself up after the pair. Teeth gnashing about every which way to attempt in catching either one.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran