Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Lost and Found [Self] [M-L,V]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 5:47 PM

Although he had indeed gone to relieve himself, Alistair also took the opportunity to wander around and secure their position. He knew he would get little sleep, and intended to patrol the surrounding area at least twice more before dawn broke. His companion would think it unneccesary, but some things still stuck with him and a need for patrols - for security - was one of them.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2501
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 5:57 PM

When Alistair returned to the campsite, Zora was missing and the tent was closed. He could hear rustling noises coming from inside of it, and assumed she was getting ready for bed. While he slept either in his armour or completely nude, she always insisted on changing for bed, even out in the field - it was infuriating.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 5:59 PM

Alistair stoked the fire as he waited for Zora to finish undressing. Their arrangement had so far been that she would undress and zip herself into her sleeping bag before opening the tent to let him in; he took a bit of sadistic pleasure in lying on top of his sleeping bag rather than inside of it, knowing his proximity to her made her uncomfortable.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:01 PM

As she did every night, Zora grumbled to herself and swore she'd get a bigger tent next time, or maybe even a separate one. Normally it wouldn't bother her, but so far he had managed to get under her skin and despite how well she tried to hide it, she had a niggling feeling that he knew how uncomfortable he could make her and enjoyed doing it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:13 PM

When he heard the rustling of the tent flap being opened, Alistair rose and stretched his neck muscles before stooping down to enter the tent. While it was certainly big enough for two people, his large size meant he took up most of the room inside the tent, forcing her to be close enough to feel his warmth through her nightclothes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:16 PM

"Well, good night" Zora said with false cheeriness, turning onto her side to face away from him. She preferred to sleep on her side anyway, but with him so close she didn't want to wake up accidentally snuggled up to him - even the thought of it was mortifying, causing her to bury her head in the hood of the sleeping bag in embarrassment.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:18 PM

"I will wake you if necessary" came Alistair's gruff response over her shoulder. He settled onto his back, on top of the sleeping bag as usual, and stretched out with his arms behind his head. He had removed his sword, but kept it at his side in case it was needed - he never took the chance of being caught unarmed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:34 PM

Alistair waited until he heard Zora relax and her breathing evened out, before climbing to his feet and leaving the tent once more. He had tried letting her go to sleep first while he kept watch, but she claimed he had scared her half to death when he finally entered the tent - she had woken up screaming about bears and had hit him with her boot.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:36 PM

Despite himself, Alistair felt his lips give a small twitch of amusement, though it was hidden by his beard. She had fire in her, and she was one of those people he would have enjoyed sparring with were she not so delicate compared to him. At the very least, he begrudgingly respected the fact that she could hold her own against him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:37 PM

Zora blinked and lifted her head, watching as he left the tent. She knew he didn't stay inside all night - he would walk at least two patrols before dawn - and she breathed a sigh of relief at being able to stretch out without worrying about coming into accidental contact with him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:40 PM

She snuggled deeper into the sleeping bag and shuffled into a more comfortable position; she knew he wouldn't wake her unless something was truly amiss, but she hoped he would get more than a couple of hours of sleep - he wasn't exactly a ray of sunshine at the best of times.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:43 PM

Alistair raised his head and lifted an eyebrow as he listened intently. It sounded like a rustling sound, but when he paid attention to it it seemed to have disappeared. He leaned back and let out a snort of air through his nostrils; nights like this were the worst, when he felt the most alone.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:45 PM

He ignored the thoughts that drifted through his head as he stoked the fire which was beginning to die down. He had always been a gruff man, but time and experience had made him hard as flint and twice as cold, and nights like these - with his client sleeping inside a tent they were reluctant to share - brought back memories of his squad and the cameraderie they had shared.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:49 PM

He stared into the flames as the images of those long dead passed through his mind. It had been ten years since his discharge, ten years of being a sellsword and sleeping on cold ground.

Alistair shook himself out of his thoughts and rose to walk his patrol around their makeshift campsite. The dead were long gone, and they could stay in the past where they belonged.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/16/2018 6:51 PM

Zora yawned, and stretched inside her sleeping bag. The night had been cold, but their tent was warm and she knew Alistair would have kept the fire burning. She hoped he had gotten some sleep, but had learned that it was better not to ask - he never really answered properly anyway.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext