Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Come Back! {Private| Mekkayena Hunt}

Postby Redd » 08/15/2009 3:07 AM

ImageImage
..:: Azard ::..| ..::  Valkro ::..

"Valkro! Get back here now!" A single voice rang out. Azard loped down the street, his twin tails clanking on the concrete with every lope.
All the Khimera got back was a high pitched cackle of pure delight. The little Velix's legs pumped at high speed down the deserted street, towards a run-down old cathedral.

Az deeply regretted the day he bought the Velix. He thought he'd be getting a creature with a really advanced AI, that he could learn off to apply to his own pets. What he didn't expect, was an extremely fickle and demanding thing with an inbuilt desire to disobey and destroy, which is why he opted out of actually using it's technology to learn off for himself.

And now they had both ended up in a deserted sector of the city, with Az chasing down the Velix. He'd taken the creature out shopping with him, because of it's recent good behavior, but that was all undone the moment he walked past the first store. The creature had jumped at the display in the front of the store, in an attempt to get what was inside but was stopped by the hard glass. In it's annoyance, it took off at a breakneck pace through the crowd-with it's small size, navigating through the people wasn't an issue- leaving poor Azard to go after it in pursuit.

[1 | 1]

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Come Back! {Private| Mekkayena Hunt}

Postby xLavenderKisses » 08/15/2009 3:23 AM

"Hrmm..." a teenage girl with flowing blue hair mused as she peered through the windows of a shop.
None of the shiny accessories really caught her interest. She just had too many of them at home.
With her high heels clacking on the cobbled sidewalk, she continued her walk around town.
Brook looked around with a bored expression. There was nothing. Nothing new. Nothing interesting. Everything was just so... boring.
She sighed and slipped her bag higher up on her shoulder.
The morning had started off great, but everything had gone downhill since.
Finally deciding on grabbing a coffee, she took off.
Actually she turned around to go back the way she had come from, headed to a cute coffee shop she had seen earlier, but was instead knocked flat on her back by a small metal creature.
"Arrghhh!" she screamed, shocked and scared, "Get off me!"

.:12:.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/15/2009 5:51 AM

Valkro tumbled over the top of the stranger, and flopped heavily on top of her, then as quickly as she could, Valkro picked herself up and took off again, in a different direction.

Azard came loping over, smoothly shifting from the feline Khimera form to a human form. As a human, he tried to wear simple clothes, plain light denim jeans and a faded orange shirt, and plain white sneakers on his feet.
"Aah, sorry lady." Az said apologetically, holding out a hand to help the girl to her feet. "[color=#fe9917]My name is Azard, but most call me Az. I see you've met Valkro over there." He gestured to the Velix, who had now stopped to curiously watch what she had just run over.
"But... excuse me for a second, I need to catch my Velix."

As Az darted towards Valkro, he quickly shifted back to a Khimera and took off after the Velix. Valkro squealed and took off again, but Az had the advantage of surprise and jumped on Valkro, before she could charge off again.
As a human again, Az trudged back over to the girl, holding the squirming Velix in his arms.
"Sorry about that. Though, I won't have to worry about Valkro running off again." Az shrugged.
"That's not fair. I wasn't ready." Valkro's voice had a feminine, and whiny edge to it.
"You ran off, it's not about being ready. Now.. what do you say Valkro?"
The robot sighed and turned it's head to the girl. "Sorry miss?"
Az just shrugged. "Sorry to bother you lady." Az paused. "So what brings you out this far?" Az gestured around to the old run down buildings, and in particular the Grand Cathedral sitting ominously in the background. "Most girls find the old Lya Pointa Cathedral spooky, if you don't mind me saying so."

{2|2}

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 08/15/2009 7:53 PM

After the Velix jumped off her, she groaned, her thoughts towards the fact that her usually flawless blue hair probably looked like something decided to pounce on it.
Which did technically happen, she thought darkly.
When a blond man offered a hand to her, she gratefully accepted the help. If this had been any other time, she would of been surprised, but given the circumstances today, Brook just took whatever came at her without comment.
Muttering a quiet thank you, she eyed the man nervously, but relaxed a bit seeing how friendly he was.
Azard is a nice name, she found herself thinking, but quickly shook it off.
The man changed back into his Khimera form as Brook quickly brushed off her skirt and let down her now messy hair that had been in a bun. By the time Az had come back with his Velix, she once again looked neat and presentable. As presentable as any sixteen year old could look anyway.
"My name's Brook," she said smiling at Valkro, "It's alright. I'm not hurt."
Brook considered his question, but then only shrugged.
"I was bored, so I thought maybe going somewhere different help," she replied nonchalantly.
Her surroundings did intimidate her a bit, but she wasn't going to tell anyone that!
"What about you two?" she asked.

.:13:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/16/2009 12:26 AM

The Velix wiggled in Azard's arms, clearly bored and not too happy on it's capture. Az just ignored the silly little creature.
"Aah, I see. It does make sense." Az replied, before scratching his head thoughtfully. Why were they here again? "Well, I'm out here to see if I could pick up another screwdriver- see, I'm working on building a robot- cause Valkro broke it. And I took Valkro along with me, cause she's been pretty good, behavior-wise lately- or so I thought. And she took off on me, so I chased her all the way out here"
Az abruptly stopped talking. He did have a habit of rambling on for a while- and it was lucky his Scorpinch wasn't with him as it had a habit of pinching him whenever Az did ramble.

"But... I've always wanted to explore the old building. And since it's midday, it won't be too scary to take a look around in here." Az continued on thoughtfully, a plan forming in his mind. Well, maybe it was a bad thing that he hadn't taken Alibi with him, he'd need the little robot to help search the place- it was his only robot that he built that wasn't malfunctioning in some way. But Az would call the little fella over later.

"Brook, do you wanna take a look inside?" Az asked, a bright smile on his face. He was excited to meet someone new, it would be fun exploring with someone else. "Cause, that might help with your boredom."

{3|3}

(Can't be bothered making the font pretty in this post -lazies-)

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 08/17/2009 2:10 AM

Brook grinned, showing all her teeth.
"You sound like such a handfull!" she teased Valko.
At the mention of the building, she turned towards it and scrutinized it carefully.
True, it didn't look quite as scary as what it would be like at night, but it still sent shivers down her spine. Although it unnerved her, she found it really interesting. I wonder what could be living in there...
"Uhmm..." she replied a little uneasy.
Well, it wouldn't hurt I guess... she mused. Then suddenly brightened. Az looks like a trustworthy guy. It wouldn't be too bad. And she could just leave whenever.
"A look around would be nice," she grinned up at him.
With that, she skipped happily towards the entrance, her curls bouncing with her.

.:14:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/21/2009 6:38 AM

"Nah miss. I'm pretty good." Valkro cackled, declaring gleefully. "Welly behavior-ed."
Az smiled and patted the Velix on the head, before setting her on the ground and carefully fastening a leash to her. The Velix clanked her tail, her mood suddenly turning sulky.
"Aww, c'mon Valk it's not that bad." Az cajoled.
"Hmph. Not talking to you."

Az sighed, and turned back to Brook, quickly noticing she had already set off towards the building. He set jogged over to her, Valkro now eagerly following, despite her earlier mood.
Az paused at the door, and then hesitantly moved his hand to open the door, unsure as to what lay inside. He carefully swung the door open, to the foyer of a cathedral. Well, the place wasn't named Lya Pointa Cathedral because it wasn't a cathedral, was it now?

Valkro strained at her leash, craning her head curiously, trying to see what was inside. Az glanced at her nervously, not too sure how much abuse it could actually handle. It was only meant for as much strain as a Dalma would put on it, but the equivalent of a Fenref.
"Uh... ladies first?" Az laughed, looking pointedly at Brook.
What an adventure!

{4|4}

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 08/21/2009 5:53 PM

Brook hesitated at the large door. She looked up and saw that the building towered over her. It felt like the cathedral itself was staring at her, wondering if she'd be a good enough midday meal.
Only Az and Valkro's presence made her not start to shuffle backwards.
She peered inside, her curiosity forcing the fear to the back of her mind.
It was pretty dark, with a bit of sunlight peeking in through the dusty windows.
She could barely make out the thick pillars holding up the ceiling to the side. The stone was chipped and they looked like they were about to crack and give up on their job any second.
"Errmmmm..." she hesitated.
Going in first wasn't exactly on the top of her priority list.
"Well you should go first. You're the man, you should go see if there's any danger," she said, shoving Az in lightly front of her, through the door.

.:15:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/21/2009 6:58 PM

Az chuckled good-naturedly, as he stepped carefully into the cathedral. Zu'hai, he was glad he had not come here at night, the place would have looked truly something frightening.
Although Az did wonder what had happened here. He wasn't too familiar with Lambastia's history... well he wasn't familiar with Evelonian history in general. Maybe next time he stopped by the local library...

"Wow, this place is a little run-down, don'tcha think?" Az dryly commented, stepping fully into the cathedral. The darkness didn't really bother him, as his body was made up of mechanical as well as fleshy matter, and his eyes were also the same- they had enhanced night vision on the best of days. And today they had decided to work.

While he was musing and looking around, Valkro made a one last ditch attempt at breaking free- and she succeeded. She strained on the leash so hard it snapped, sending the Velix tumbling forward. She quickly rose to her feet, and scampered off, before anyone could react.
"Valkro! Come back!" Az yelled out, to her.
"Hahahaa~ No way!" Valkro replied back gleefully, before charging into another part of the cathedral.

Ugh, this was great... well, it meant that he could call over Alibi, his Scorpinch V2 to help with the issue. He quickly enabled a function he had in his Khimera body, which enabled him to call over his little robot. Hopefully, it would get here soon- he didn't like to think how far Valkro would run, and how much damage it could cause.
"Argh... Valkro's run off again." Az told Brook. "But... don't worry about her. She won't leave this place, and I'll go and collect her later. So... where do you want to start looking first?"

(Don't feel like pretty-ing it up right now P= )

{5|5}

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 08/23/2009 11:28 PM

Brook hesitantly slipped in after Az. Alone outside a creepy place wasn't any better than with someone inside of it.
"Rundown's right," she whispered, "Except I can't really see much."
She squinted, trying to make out what lay beneath the shadows, and failing miserably.
The sudden commotion of Valkro breaking free and Az's yelling caught her off guard and made her jump in fright.
Taking deep breaths, Brook slowly calmed her racing heart.
"Err," she mumbled, still a bit shaken, "I guess we could take a look deeper in this place?"
She gestured towards the general direction of the end of the hall, although it was so large that you couldn't really tell where it was.

.:16:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 09/27/2009 3:09 AM

Az shot an sheepish look back at Brook- he hadn't meant to startle her or anything.
"Aah... Sorry Brook." He said apologetically. "I hadn't meant to startle you or anything like that."

Az glanced around the building, letting his Khimera-born vision filter the dim light there was and adjust accordingly. In some places, it seemed pitch-black, and in others, where the sun filtered through it was a lot brighter.
At the moment, his vision relied heavily on what light there was to pick out his surroundings. But if it got any darker, he'd have to switch on his night vision.
"If you have any troubles seeing, tell me." He offered. "I can see in this darkness easily."

As Az made his way through the hall, he couldn't help to but get slightly nervy. This was a run down old cathedral.... What if there were.... Creepy crawlies... Like spiders running around. He shuddered at the thought. That was one thing he was scared off- spiders and insects.

{6}

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 10/14/2009 1:25 PM

"That's alright," she replied.
Brook peered into the darkness again, and flinching when her imagination got the better of her.
"Well, you should go first, since you can see," she whispered to Az.
She kept a tight hold on the back of his shirt as they ventured into the place.
"Valkro will come back right?" she asked worriedly.
What if something got to her? That would be horrible.
They were at the middle of the hallway now, and she could feel cobwebs hanging from the wall moving from the disturbance in the air they made.
Then there was a sound of many feet, moving.
"Ugh, there are bugs here too," she whispered, annoyed.

.:17:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 12/21/2009 4:49 AM

"Sure thing~ Just stay close." Az cheerily replied. "Valkro? He should be alright. He's a curious critter so he should stay within the walls of the Cathedral. If not, I just called a friend to hang around outside and look out for him?"
Az trudged inside the foyer, allowing his Khimera night vision to carefully pick out the miniature details of their surroundings. He was amazed with this place, each detail was carved intricately into the stone walls and the stained glass window that he could get a glimpse of through one of the door was grand, albeit a bit dirty and broken up in a few places.

Honestly he wasn't too sure what this place was used for. It was obviously abandoned and out of use but what if there were other people still using it? He had heard crazy stories about cultists moving in and setting up little occult gatherings in the church, worshiping demons and evil or false gods, and carrying out strange rituals. Honestly those stories made the fur on his back stand up.

Although there was one thing that terrified Az more than crazy stories and that was insects. He was absolutely terrified of them.
"...Bugs? Oh dear Xai're." Az managed to say.
No he wasn't too good at hiding his own emotions.

[7]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/25/2009 11:15 PM

Brook walked silently behind Az, a hand still on the back of his shirt. She felt better knowing that they wouldn't not be able to find Valkro or anything, but the darkness made her jumpy. She couldn't see any of the amazing sights Az was seeing so she walked blindly forwards. Brook was trying to make out some detail of the place, peering at the few places sunlight reached when the big guy in front of her stopped. "Oof!" she grunted as she bumped into him. "What? Are you scared of insects?" she asked, puzzled. Brook had always that that being afraid of bugs was a girl thing. Well, she wasn't scared of bugs or anything, but she always assumed that only girls could have that particular fear.

.:18:.

xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/12/2010 9:55 PM

Az flicked his eyes back to Brook. Well... he couldn't lie could he? Even the though of insects and bugs set his skin crawling. Not a very pleasant feeling, yet it was somewhat embarrassing. A guy... afraid of bugs? And a Khimera afraid of bugs? Well that thought was kinda a bit of a blow to his pride. He could bluff for a little, right?

"Bugs? Uh, no I'm not really afraid of them. Just the creepy ones." He tried to say that boldly. "Well... the weird ones creep me out. But ones like that generally creep everyone out, right?"

Whew... Hopefully that embarrassment was averted... for the time being anyway. He'd probably run into a spider-web or something. That always freaked him out.
Well, time to keep pushing forward. Stepping forward boldly, he pushed open a door that was in front of him. With a quiet squeak, the door slid open, revealing the main chapel area.

(Sucky post, sorry~)
[Post Count Recorded Up To Here]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd