Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Kittyms » 01/05/2008 5:38 PM

Silently Severino listened to Akaona's voice as she spoke. She sounded so sad as she talked about the Cathedral, and he guessed that she might be talking of herself as well. He nodded gravely, and said, "That sounds so sad. The agony the Cathedral must have endured, and all for naught... But surely there must be a way to re illuminate it, build it back to the way it was. All it needs is some light... and love." His eyes were soft as they met hers, and there was the faintest hint of a smile on his face.

[Severino: 10 -- level up]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/07/2008 2:45 AM

Akaona returned his gaze carefully, calculating. She broke the gaze after a long moment of silence to glance around at the all but abandoned building they were within. "It may be too far gone to have any hope left for such things." Once more, her words had the double meaning to them. She was too far lost for anything to be done to save her, she seemed sure of that. Or could it have been that she'd just given up on it? "The amount of love that it would take, no one would ever give near enough to something already so worthless and decrepit. It'd be a waste of time and effort on their part." Sad but true in most cases.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/07/2008 6:17 PM

Sev shook his head, still smiling. "I seriously doubt that. There is always hope, even for the most forsaken of things. And love conquers all, as I'm sure you've heard many times. Even in the darkest places there is light, for without light there could be no shadow." I believe you are not lost, Akaona. You can still be repaired, made brand new, he thought silently.

[Severino: 11]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/09/2008 1:09 AM

She glowered at him, debating on something. She didn't finish her own thoughts, but snapped a bit. "Oh, what would you know of the matters, Sir?" She turned her head away from him very purposefully this time, suddenly taking much interest in the pattern of the cracks on the floor [a very lame excuse not to look at him any longer]. "I know the rules of light and dark. I happen to be attracted to my polar opposites, and this is what I pay for it."
When she looked back at him, Akaona's eyes were glowing with an eerily bright light. The strange markings of the sundancer began to glow as well, seeming to shimmer. The light poured around her in a pool on the stone floor, lighting the room quite an amount for being such a small amount. Then, a few seconds passed, and it suddenly died out, vanishing into nothing, and she half collapsed half forced herself to lay down. She panted just once, her head on her paws and her ears back. She was probably close to tears, but pushing them back. "The light....has all...but....left me...."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/09/2008 1:24 AM

Leonardo was bored now, of carving the stone. He had created a miniature statue of a flower, its stony petals elegantly opening to reveal a tiny bud inside. The Stargoyle sighed. Perhaps he should follow despite the Fellox's warning? That would be better than sitting here. Leonardo took to the air a bit noisily: he had no love for flying anyway. Now, where did the other two go? If he remembered, they went that way...Leonardo gently set his artwork down before flying toward the direction he thought was the right way. He only hoped he didn't get lost...wouldn't that be nasty?

Leonardo didn't have to worry though. He soon found the other two, but, having the sense not to interfere, he sat on a nearby wooden beam. It was worn from the ages, but, hopefully, if would hold his weight...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/09/2008 6:24 PM

The Fellox's eyes widened as the light poured from her body, then alarm crossed his face as she faltered, and nearly collapsed. He jumped to his feet and hurried to her side. "Are you all right?" he asked. "That was amazing. Don't strain yourself too much, though.  No creature of the light should be wounded like this. How did this happen to you?" There was sadness and compassion on his face as he looked at her. Sev was so busy worrying about Akaona that he did not notice Leonardo enter.

[Severino: 12]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/09/2008 6:45 PM

Having tried breathing through her mouth, she clamped her mouth shut when the Fellox came closer. She knew that her voice would stutter if she spoke right away, so she didn't. She vaguely glanced to Leonardo, not concerned about him right now. Whatever his intentions were, if they were bad, they didn't matter so long as he didn't decide to take action.
She nodded her head slightly to Sev. She'd be fine, as she could get. "I lost myself to the dark."She explained through clenched teeth. "Some of the things that I have done, what I was stupid enough to do and believe, backfired. Being depressed, lost of heart...It brings stress and the power can't be concentrated."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/10/2008 7:00 PM

Sev nodded, understanding completely. "This may surprise you," he said quietly. "But I was once dark. Not entirely, you must understand, but I did many bad things that I have come to regret. I was happy in my twisted ways for a long time, until one day, I saw the light. Then, I repented of my evil acts, and since, have spent the rest of my life trying to make amends for what I have done by helping those in need." He looked down at Akaona, and gently licked the fur between her shoulders. "Relax. I don't need or want to know the things you have done. But I forgive you, no matter how grievous they may have been. I am sure I have done worse in my own youth."

[Severino: 13]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/10/2008 7:03 PM

Now this was interesting. Leonardo was silent, listening to the conversation. How did that Lucian get 'lost' as she called in in the dark? Maybe it was similar to him? The thought slightly struck him as funny. No, there was no resemblence between the Stargoyle and Akaona. None at all, at least, that was what he thought...

...and the power she mentioned. What was that power? Power over light? He would want to continue watching this...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/10/2008 8:37 PM

Akaona stayed quiet and still, not reacting or fidgeting, just listening to the words that Severino spoke. "I'm attracted to darkness." She stated bluntly. "That was a mistake I made, and it left me in my current position. My intended future has been lost to me, and I just keep getting older and older." It was sort of strange to say, since she would have been only around nineteen if she was a human. But not many humans were great grandparents when they were nineteen. It wasn't even possible for them. It wasn't much a matter about her getting older, either, it was...It was just that she lost everything and was forced to watch it as everyone else received what she had longed for.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/11/2008 2:34 PM

The Fellox was quiet and thoughtful for a moment. "You can always forge a new future," he said at last. "That is what I have had to do. Granted, it will never be as grand as it once could have been, but you can at least make it bearable. That is what I did. I knew that had I been light since birth, my future could have been so much grander, and that I had no hope of attaining what so many others have. But I decided that I would at the very least make a difference in the world, to try and amend what I have done." Sev's voice, once so strong, now seemed to weaken a little. He was thinking of some of the horrible things he had done, and the lives he had utterly ruined, or ended abruptly. "The only thing you can do is keep living... and loving," he whispered, head bowed.

[Severino: 14]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/15/2008 1:29 AM

"It was this so-called thing of love that got me into this mess!" She growled. She wasn't doing so at him, but at the hole concept, and herself for making the mistakes that she had. She'd been so sure of her love, who she'd promised to wait for until the end of time, wait until he loved her back. But she spoiled her chances, hiding a secret from him. Unlike most Lucain, you could say that her morals were more...practical, or perhaps old fashioned was more proper.
"You keep telling me about yourself, how you've had to fix things and try to move on, what, may I ask, is...it?" She was trying not to intrude, and wasn't demanding or upset with him. She just...wanted to know. Clearly, it didn't work very well if he was using his situation in life to support his words, when she didn't know of it. It was logical that she was allowed to know.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/15/2008 4:36 PM

The Fellox drew in a sharp breath. He had known this was coming, yet had not looked forward to having to answer it. Looking somewhat uncomfortable, he said, "It was many many years ago. I was young, only a few months old. Love, family, I had it all. But in one fateful night I lost everything." His voice cracked with sorrow, and his head was bowed. "That night, a dark necromancer came to my parents' den. I was outside, and saw him coming before any of the others, yet for some reason I will never know, I did not tell them. When he came back out of the den, I instinctively knew that my whole family was dead. Not knowing any better, I approached him, and asked him for a place to stay. He took me on as his apprentice. Only a few years later, he died, and I took over, having learned all of his secrets, including that of immortal life."

Severino stopped again, peaking up to see what Akaona thought of his dreadful beginnings, then continued. "On one of my missions of destruction, I came across something I had never seen before. It was a Lucain made purely of light, and she shone like a star. Her name was Amarynth. I was going to kill her, but she took my paw and asked me kindly not to. I had no choice but to comply, so compelling was her gaze. But as she spoke to me of her life, I felt a change come over me. I no longer wished to be a dark killer. So I asked her if there was any way I could become like her. She opened her mouth to speak... and was shot dead by a dirty little thug. Even though Amarynth had the gift of immortal life, that couldn't save her from the silver bullet that buried itself into her chest. I quickly destroyed the Ferrikoon who had killed her, but I couldn't save her.

"For a while I slipped back into my old ways, but I couldn't stop thinking about her. Eventually, I made the commitment to stop living in darkness, and to go out and help people to atone for the crimes I had committed. Now my only purpose in life is to aid those who are in need for all of eternity, unless I get killed by those who I fight against." Severino raised his head, and fixed his eyes on the Lucain in front of him, wondering what she was thinking behind those purple orbs that looked so much like Amarynth's.

[Severino: 15 -- level up]

(Sorry for the uber long post. I have to admit that I got a little carried away.. xD)

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/16/2008 6:43 PM

If Severino had thought that anything he could say was going to frighten her way, then he didn't have much faith in her. Nope. Akaona was not going anywhere. It'd take a lot more then what he said to shake her up, considering others that she'd been around. You could be a sadistic killing threatening her, and it wasn't likely that she'd falter. She just...she was numb to unusual-ness. Darkness fascinated her. You couldn't very well be afraid of what you pursued, it didn't work like that. She herself wasn't dark no, she as the polar opposite of that, but she always found her way around those who were dark. It was a common saying that opposites attract, and this case wasn't any exception to her.
Through the tale, her expression didn't change much. She just remained thoughtful, mulling over what all she was being told.

"I'm not about to run away in disgust, if you think I am."She stated softly, returning his gaze without looking away. Oddly, it was kind. She was trying to understand everything, plus everything that he was feeling. "Such strange choices you made to get yourself consumed. Though all of us misjudge things; make mistakes that happen to ruin your own life."She was talking from her experience. She made a mistake that she terribly regretted. "It's nice to know that you were able to step away from it. You cannot erase what has been done, but it is saying a lot that you are trying to repent for it. Many cannot even attempt such a feat."

She stepped forward just then, letting her tongue run across his cheek, giving him a canine smile. "If you're immortal, you have all the time on your side to become something completely else. I don't know who this female is that you speak, but she probably would have told you much the same."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 01/17/2008 1:27 PM

A warm, glowing feeling came over Severino as Akaona's tongue brushed his cheek. She wasn't afraid of him, nor did she hate him for his strange past. "Thank you," he said, his eyes moist, thinking that she really was a lot like Amarynth underneath all of the sadness. "If it's not too much to ask, what was it that made you come here, so sad and dejected? You don't have to answer if you don't want to," he assured her, not wanting to spoil the mood, but curious to know. He had trusted her enough to spill his whole life story, and now he hoped that she would return that same trust.

[Severino: 16]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext