Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

The Student and the Master [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 3:52 PM

Kria loved this place.  It was dark, silent, and she was able to escape from herself--and her sister's curse--here.

She was also able to escape from those memories that were all she had left of her time at the Nightwing Assassin Academy.

He lied to you, Kria, a voice inside her head kept saying to her.  He lied to you.  He only said that so that you would study harder to impress him.  He never cared about you. As much as she tried to push these thoughts to the back of her mind as she pulled out the necklace and ring she had been given.  She stared at it for several minutes, and then, she put it back in her bag as she cried out.

"Why, Verano?!  WHY?!" she cried as she unleased a burst of white flame from her fists.  Tears were streaming from her black eyes, and her voice was one of pure tormnet.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: The Student and the Master [Self]

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 3:58 PM

"Why, Verano?!  WHY?!"

Those words woke the male who had been peacefully resting, along with the sudden increase of temperature that he felt.  Almost instantly, his eyes shot open and he shifted from his Lucain form to his human form, trying to keep fire from coming to his own hands.  He knew that voice, and he knew who it was coming from.

I never forget a voice, and I certainly never forget those that can use white fire.  Only Sensei Nightwing and Kria can use it... he thought to himself as he slowly walked over to where he had heard the shout come from, and where he could hear crying.

Sitting there, with tears spilling forth from her black eyes, was Kria.

"I ask the same question of myself, Kria," he said quietly, barely loud enough to be heard.  "I honestly do."

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 4:08 PM

At first, Kria thought she was hearing things.  She could have sworn that she heard someone say, "I ask the same question of myself, Kria; I honestly do," and it sounded like it came from behind her.  However, when she whirled around, she could not glimpse the red eyes that distinguished her Sensei from the shadows.

"Go away!" she cried, still practically sobbing.  "Whoever you are, and wherever you are, leave me alone!  I've already lost my mind because the one man I loved abandoned me, so don't go making me think I'm hearing voices!  Please!"

She shot a ball of white fire in the direction of Verano, not knowing that he was there still.

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 4:19 PM

"Kria!  Stop it!"

Verano leapt out just as the fireball would have singed him, and he created a shield of fire around himself.  "Come to your senses, young one; for goodness' sakes!  Do you have any idea what it's like to have to run for your life because you're a wanted assassin?  Hm?  I know your sister knows!"

Here, he grabbed Kria's arm, his eyes softening slightly.

"Please... remember."

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 08/29/2010 4:52 PM

"Kria!  Stop it!"

This voice shattered Kria's concentration, and as soon as she saw the red eyes gleaming at her, trying her best not to break down and show weakness.  However, that was exactly what happened as she fell forward into his arms, her tears staining his deep blue shirt.

"Sensei... I am sorry," she said through her tears.  "Truly, I am sorry.  I... I thought that I had lost you, and I... I lost myself..."

[1.6]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate