Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: The Echoes of DOOM [Self~Mekka Hunt]

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/25/2010 1:30 PM

It wasn't hard to see that the Yonyuu didn't like him. But Matt just couldn't figure out why. Maybe he had a thing against Battlehearts? The idea was a probable one-- after all, it wasn't exactly like his species had the best reputation on Evelon. But, still... His dislike of the reptilian seemed deeper, more potent than just a matter of blood relations. It felt like he actually hated him, and only him, not any other.

Still, the male decided to ignore the canine's frosty attitude and turn his attention back to the Kuhna, who was going on about blue ponies or Triumvirate knows what. How old was she, anyway? She appeared to be nearly full grown, yet, she kept acting like a kit... Ah, well. She was an interesting little girl.

"And Xeko is a really good tracker! I bet we're gonna find a Mekkayena really soon!" Matt turned, catching the end of her speech. He grinned.

"Well," he replied, an idea forming in his mind. "I'm not too bad of a tracker myself. If you let me tag along, you all could maybe even hitch a ride on my back."

Rangi looked like she was about to explode with excitement. "Really?" she squealed, practically bouncing up and down. "That would be so coo! Andandand afterwards you and Xeko could come back with me to the Lodge! And oh she'll love a Battleheart and you're really nice and I like muffins and..." The Kuhna spoke for at least two minutes before taking a breath. Matt had to restrain laughter.

"Alright, if it's cool with you guys..." The dragon-like creature lowered his head and wings, making room for the pair to clamber on.

{Rangi ~ 4.2} {Xeko ~ 3.2} {Mattear ~ 1.6}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/25/2010 2:04 PM

Rangi could hardly contain her boundless excitement as she and Xeko mounted Matt, sitting right between his massive shoulders. The Yonyuu sat behind her, albeit warily, his paws spread and fur bristling. She, of course, was far too naïve to catch the signs, but the canine was veru much against clambering on to the Battleheart's back.

The Arkuhna skittered upwards, balancing on his upper neck, right by his jawbone. "So, what are we gonna do?" she pressed, looking up. "Are we gonna fly?"

"Not yet," Matt responded, laughing. "As you can see, there's not a lot of wing room here. I also can't get out the way you came-- yeah, pretty obvious, seeing as the door frame's about the size of my shoulder. Once we get out, we'll be free to move around more." The dragon turned, careful not to jostle his guests, and moved his neck to allow Rangi to slide back down. The huge hole in the side of the wall allowed him to stretch down and clamber his way out into the main cathedral.

{Rangi ~ 4.4} {Xeko ~ 3.4} {Mattear ~ 1.8}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 12:05 AM

"This is awesome!" Rangi cried,throwing up her head to the light breeze, clinging to Mattear's back as the trio sped through the hallowed halls. The columns and reliefs were all but a blur to the Kuhna, and she had never felt so... exuberant in her life. Sure, she had wings, but they were skimpy, vestigial little things, never carrying her anywhere for an extended period of time, and, of course, never as fast as this. Her mount was gliding a few feet off the ground, his claws, barely lifted above the rough, stony surface, his muscular wings pumping to further propel them.

"Enjoying the ride?" he called back, his amber eyes glancing to the pair. Rangi merely squealed, her cry of happiness lost in the wind. Matt chuckled.

Xeko remained silent, appearing to be unfazed by the spectacle, but, deep down, fear was beginning to knot at his heart. He didn't trust this Battleheart, and for good reason. He knew... his kind, they were capable of annihilating, destroying... But, no, that wasn't his reason for despising the beast. His thoughts behind the species was for quite a different cause.

The Yonyuu jumped as he felt the creature land, his paws spread to stop him from tumbeling forward. He silently debated whether or not he should send off a sharp remark. How's about a little warning next time?

But, yet, he couldn't. He didn't have the guts.

{Rangi ~ 4.6} {Xeko ~ 3.6} {Mattear ~ 2.0}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 12:29 AM

Matt lowered to the ground, allowing his passengers to safely dismount before rising once more. The beast glanced downward to the pair.

"Alrighty, now..." he speculated, thinking. "If I were a Mekka, where would I be hiding?" He padded forward, his massive claws sending resounding echoes through the cathedral. Rangi bounded after him, while Xeko followed slowly, his hackles raised.

He hated him, there was no doubt about it. He hated his kind, his looks, his personality... Everything about the Battleheart made his blood boil. He was being narrowed-minded, only thinking about the species at first, but it spawned into a great mass of anger, every little shred of loathing feeding into another until he had a huge ball of disgust. If he had held no grudge against his breed, then, maybe, he wouldn't have felt this way, but he had convinced himself that he would have, that it wasn't just him disliking Battlehearts, it was him disliking Matt.

So, begrudgingly, he followed the rainbow-colored, optimistic, overly-trusting feline as he walked the path to what he was convinced would be his ultimate doom. He had been betrayed too many times. He wasn't about to let it happen again.

He watched Rangi's flicking tail, and thought of ways to protect her. The first time that someone actually took him in, that someone accepted him... He wasn't about to lose her.

{Rangi ~ 4.8} {Xeko ~ 3.8} {Mattear ~ 2.2}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 2:00 PM

The Battleheart looked up at the fog, his eyes growing accustomed to the cloudy haze that surrounded his body. The darkness seemed to envelope the group, and if felt as if Matt's practically glowing orange eyes were the only thing that punctured the shadowy mist. His tail instinctively went around Xeko and Rangi, as if to guide them in the thick shade that had randomly decided to come their way. The Arkuhna jumped at his touch slightly, but accepted it, as she had just been surprised. The canine, on the other hand, sidestepped out of the way, not taking kindly to the lead.

Matt couldn't help it-- fear was beginning to weasel its way into his heart. He was a Battleheart-- he could face anything-- but it was just the thought of the unknown that scared him. He couldn't fight what he couldn't see.

Clink, clink, clink. The entire cathedral was eerily silent, save for the sound of his claws on the hard, stone floor. The stained glass windows, many broken and cracked, offered no sense of joy; only a feeling of dread and gloom emanated from their depths.

He felt Rangi as she sidled closer to his tail. The Kuhna was now losing her confidence again. He could smell the fear coming from her pores, and felt the shivers she began to emit. He body came up against his leg, and he relented his now vice-like grip that his tail had around her, for fear of strangling her.

"Matt? Xeko?" The feline's soft voice carried over the church like chimes. "I'm scared..."

Matt stopped and looked downward, a paw curving around her figure. "Don't be scared," he chuckled, smiling. "Nothing's going to get past me and the Yonyuu. Right, Xeko?"

No answer.

"Xeko?" Rangi's voice was nervous and afraid. "Xeko!"

He was gone.

{Rangi ~ 5.0} {Xeko ~ 4.0} {Mattear ~ 2.4}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 5:06 PM

It came to a point where he had just stopped.

He couldn't. He wouldn't. He wouldn't follow that beast any longer, and... well, Rangi would have never come with him. And, so, he had simply stopped, silent in the shadows, unknown to his 'friends'. The canine stood in the mist, unsure and nervous as the fogs swirled around him. Sadness pulled at his heart, but it had been his decision. He had given it up.

This, of course, meant he wasn't going to find a home. He wasn't surprised. No owner would want him. He didn't want an owner. He had been betrayed by them too many times. He didn't want to risk the heart break again. No, this time, he'd play it safe. The cathedral was safe. The shadows were safe. Without love, there is no pain. He would not suffer.

The Yonyuu glanced forward. The two had disappeared.

He wished he had never met her. If they had never met, he would have never had the opportunity for a home, a ray of hope for love. He would not have been hurting.

It could have happened, he mused quietly to himself. But the Battleheart... I'd have been forgotten, just like last time. Who would prefer a Yonyuu to a Battleheart? I can't do it...

This entire time, he was unaware of the icy blue eyes watching him from the darkness.

{Xeko ~ 4.2}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 5:20 PM

Xeko felt a sudden weight on his shoulders, and he flopped to the ground. It was all happening to fast for him to process. He had no idea who-- or what-- was on top of him right now.

"Where is she?" a feminine, yet rough, voice barked. The Yonyuu didn't look up, as a paw was placed over his beck, restraining movement.

"W-Who?" he stuttered. The male was freaked out. A strange pet of some sort had tackled him, and was now demanding information like he was a hostage.

A sigh was heard from above, and the weight on his body was relieved for but a second as he was forcibly flipped over. Pinned once more, he had to blink a few times to make sure it wasn't just an illusion he was seeing.

A large, albeit pretty, Purine Shielupe was perched above him, her paws driving into his shoulders, making him wince. He was pretty sure that somewhere in the overturning process she had slammed him head into the ground, as the back of his skull throbbed. "You know who," she growled, baring her teeth. "I can smell her on you."

Rangi. Ahaha. Oops.

"You mean the Arkuhna?" he replied, still slightly fearful. "She went that way, with a Battleheart." He attempted to gesture in the general direction they had headed, but found it rather difficult, seeing as he had a Shielupe practically cutting off his air flow. "And, um, I can't breathe..."

{Xeko ~ 4.4} {Espejita ~ 1.2}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 5:33 PM

"Espi!" The Shielupe lifted her head as a cry reached her pointed ears. A familiar paint-splattered Kuhna bounded towards her. "Get off of Xeko! Don't hurt him!"

Cautiously, the canine released her grip on the Yonyuu, who gasped with relief, his chest rising and falling dramatically. "This Cursed pet..." she said, looking to the feline. "He's your friend!"

"Yeah!" Rangi responded enthusiastically. "Xeko, did she hurt you? Where did you go? Do you want to still come with us?" The questions went on and on, all unanswered by the Yonyuu, who was still taking in air and stretching injured muscles.

Espi looked to the Blaze Battleheart, who seemed to be watching them with interest, not ferocity. He had followed the Arkuhna to her and the Yonyuu. Only Rangi could make friends with a Cursed pet and a Battleheart in one day... She sighed. The girl was so funny sometimes.

"Espi! Why are you here?" The very feline called out, breaking her free of her thoughts.

"Kat sent me to come after you and make sure you weren't getting into trouble. It seems as though you've already found some bodyguards, however..."

Rangi beamed, skipping forward. "Guys, this is Espijita, but she likes to go by Espi 'cause her name's really long. She lives at the Lodge, too! Espi, these are my new friends, Matt and Xeko. Can they come back with us? Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeease?"

The Battleheart lowered down, one clawed foot curving under his body in a gracious manner. "I'm Mattear. A pleasure to meet you, Espi," he replied politely, although a comical grin was plastered on his face. "Rangi here seems to like flying."

Xeko remained licking his injured shoulder. "Hey, sorry I pounced on you back there..." Espi said, padding over, followed by the other two.

The Yonyuu ran his tongue through his thick, black pelt. "S'okay," was all he said, not looking up.

{Rangi ~ 5.2} {Xeko ~ 4.6} {Mattear ~ 2.6} {Espijita ~ 1.4}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 7:53 PM

"Yay! Everyone's here!" Rangi cried, ecstatic. She bounded around the group, not even pausing to think about how unusual their little get together was. A Purine Shielupe, Cursed Yonyuu, Blaze Battleheart, and an Arkuhna. Not your day-to-day wild-pet-searching team.

"So..." Matt said casually, eyes scanning over the remaining three. "Are we going Mekka-hunting or what?"

"Yes!" replied the Arkuhna, overjoyed.

"Mekkayenas?" Espi pressed. "Hm, always wanted to see one of those..."

The Battleheart began to walk forward, his claws clicking. "Let's go!" Rangi followed enthusiastically, and the Shielupe padded behind them, smiling. Xeko remained motionless.

"You coming, shoulder-boy?" she called, turning.

The Yonyuu sighed, and reluctantly followed.

{Rangi ~ 5.4} {Xeko ~ 4.8} {Mattear ~ 2.8} {Espijita ~ 1.6}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 8:35 PM

Xeko... interested her. He seemed to dislike Matt strongly, yet followed hesitantly, at the back of the pack. Espi still couldn't help but wonder why he wasn't with them when they first met. He appeared to be walking with a slight limp, courtesy of her, er... interesting greeting. The female let her steps slow until she was in line with him.

"Hey," she called casually, grinning. "I don't think I caught your name earlier." Of course, she knew his name, she was just making small talk.

"Xeko." The creature looked straight ahead, lifting his slightly injured leg above the ground as he hobbled forward.

"Sorry 'bout your shoulder," she replied, chuckling. "Maybe I shouldn't have been so, er... forceful in my methods. I was just worried about Rangi."

"Of course."

The Shielupe frowned. His words were cold and monotonous, and he still refused to look at her, only speaking when necessary. The beast didn't break a stride.

"Are you coming back with us to the Lodge?"

"Maybe."

"Well... if you do, Kieta's got some pretty mad healing skillz. Weak in magic, but well trained in the medical arts. She studied at Medicai for a while. She could do wonders to your shoulder."

"Mmkay."

Frustration bubbled in Espi as she could barely get more than a two-syllable response from the icy male. "Fine," she responded, biting back a growl. "Excuse me for trying to be approachable."
She vengefully strode forward, each paw hitting the ground roughly in anger.

{Rangi ~ 5.6} {Xeko ~ 5.0} {Mattear ~ 3.0} {Espijita ~ 1.8}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 11/26/2010 11:01 PM

The Yonyuu sighed, at a loss. He wasn't fond of her-- that wasn't hard to guess. But guilt seemed to swim over him, for some odd reason, despite the fact that he cared so little about all of them, save for Rangi.

Ah, not in that way, of course, but she was the first one who decided him to be worthwhile instead of a waste of flesh. She accepted him, despite the fact that he was a Cursed pet, both common and frightening. She took him in, she was his 'friend', if such a thing existed. Betrayal could do horrible things to one's mind, and Xeko had begun to doubt that true love and kindness were present in anyone's life.

Still, he couldn't help himself when he hobbled forward at a quicker pace, trying to make peace. "Look," he started, sighing. "I'm sorry. It's just... I don't know. I wasn't exactly in the mood to get pinned down and dislocate a shoulder today." He gave a weak smile, hoping desperately that maybe, just maybe, the Shielupe would accept his apology.

"Nice to see that you've finally decided to be sociable," she snapped angrily, sending him a glare. She wasn't about to give in that easily. She smiled inwardly. This was a game, and she couldn't let him win too easily.

The Yonyuu tried to catch up with her as his shoulder throbbed. "Please," he responded, limping along. "I've just had an... interesting day, to say the least."

He couldn't have been sure, but he thought he saw a glimpse of a smile on her face.

{Rangi ~ 5.8} {Xeko ~ 5.2} {Mattear ~ 3.2} {Espejita ~ 2.0}
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Echoes of DOOM [Self~Mekka Hunt~Done]

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/26/2010 4:53 PM

Rangi yawned, her little fangs showing in her mouth. "I'm tired," she remarked. "We can look for Mekkas later. Let's go home." Mattear nodded, agreeing.

Espi looked over to Xeko. "Comin' with us, shoulder boy?"

Reluctantly, the Yonyuu nodded.

[5.8] [5.4] [3.4] [2.2]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous