Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

.:..Don't Leave Me..:.

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 2:38 AM

(OOC: Not too many people please, I prefer if only one person joined...if you join, please be a moderatly good roleplayer, 'kay?)
Ruin

Alone. The strange, serpent like creature was silent and absolutely still. The only thing that showed sign of life was the symbol on his chest, glowing a soft blue. He was used to the lonliness, being the outcast. After all, no one cared about him. He raised his reptillian head, the carved orbs scanning for life. The cathedral was in disrepair: it had long ago fell into ruin after some dark deed committed by the humans who ran the place. The Iiylumiel stared at the stained banners. The stains were a dark scarlet...like blood. For such a long time he had been lying in wait...for what? What awakened him from his long sleep? He unraveled himself from the altar he was sitting on. It was now clear that the Iiylumiel was much larger than ordianry. He was huge; his long, coiling body would have been at least thrity feet long. His eyes glowed, trying to sense the disturbance. Someone...something had arrived at the cathedral. Maybe it was someone special? Someone he could...love? Love. The word was rusty, unused for such a long time. He could not remember when he had said those three special words or what it felt like to love. To him, it was just a word...a useless burdensome word. Still, something prompted him to check what it was. The giant dragon-like creature slowly crawled across the floor, his stony feet clicking against the stained marble steps.

Click...clack...click...clack... How bothersome, the noise. He stopped at a disorderly room that might've once been a place for the monks to sleep and live in. Colorful shards of glass were scattered about his feet, chinking as he walked on them. The strange markings on his skin dimmed. He felt no pain, no joy, no sorrow. He desperatley wanted to feel something for once...
The intruder, the one who woke him up...he will tend to him/her soon enough. If he was correct, whoever or whatever it was should come by now, right in this very room. He sat up, his eyes focused on nothing, the symbol on his chest slowly fading to a dull throb...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 3:04 PM

Aylane

She was never lost as far as she knew. The Bleached Rattegan slowly made her way carefully through the rubble, her amber eyes warily scanning the area. Slung over her shoulder was a worn bag, full of strange trinkets that would fetch some value in the market. It was obvious that she was a theif or raider. Aylane rummaged through a broken cabinent, trying to find something of value. The must've been a beautiful place once, but the magic that once blessed this place was long gone. The Rattegan found a delicately carved, heart-shaped locket, made of pure ivory. It's creamy surface was untarnished, the brass hinges still shone with a magical light of its own. The locket was as big as her palm. Aylane gently opened the locket and found a faded photo of a beautiful woman. The thing that caught Aylane's eye was the woman's sad smile. The Rattegan felt her throat start to clog. How strange, she had never met this woman before, yet she still felt sad for her...she put the locket away into her bag and continued on.
She glanced up and only saw a strange, massive dragon-like statue in the middle of the room. How odd. It didn't seem damaged. On top of its head were some exotic looking feathers. Perhaps she could yank them off carefully?

The Iiylumiel watched as the Rattegan drew near. He remained still, observing this newcomer. Ah, so she was a theif, was she? Theives had no place in this cathedral, ruined or not. His mind was made up. No theives were going to leave this cathedral alive...not while he lived. He would have to kill this intruder. He felt a strange feeling wash through him. What was it called? Guilt? Remorse? Obviously this Rattegan was poor and could only survive by theiving. Was it really right to kill her? The Iiylumiel shoved the thought out of his mind. There was no room for doubt. He will do his sacred duty: to gaurd this cathedral...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 3:15 PM

Aylane paused, somehow...hesitant. Did she imagine that the statue had slightly moved? That the symbol on its chest faintly flashed? It's just a trick of the light, Aylane told herself. Nothing to be afraid of. Just reach out and take the feathers and go on. The Rattegan climbed up the stone body and almost freaked out. Did the statue just...move? She sat there, frozen in fear. There was no doubt. The statue was alive.

Now was the time. The Iiylumiel shook off the theif and reared above her, his long, stone body high above the Rattegan. She shrunk back, her eyes full of fear. His intimidation had worked. The strange feeling of guilt was running freely through him now, giving him an uncomfortable feeling. He almost relieshed the feeling. It had been a long time since he had felt something. Now he spoke, not with his mouth, but with his mind: Who are you thief? Answer me and I shall give you a swift and painless death.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 3:40 PM

The statue...did it talk to her? Aylane kept her mouth shut. One of the rules she learned was to keep your mouth shut and stay out of trouble. Maybe it would be best if she pretended that she was lost...
Don't try. The stony, yet somehow etheral voice echoed in her mind. I can see through your thoughts. You cannot lie to me. Those strange orbs glowed with an eerie light. Answer my question, theif. Who are you?
Aylane finally opened her big mouth. "I'm Aylane." She whispered. "I-I come from the Town of Nabis..."
The dragon's eyes dimmed. She had such a lovely voice, he thought. Like the gently falling of snow...he snapped back to reality and asked once again in a gravely tone: Nabis? Isn't that far away from here? Don't you have a home? Why was he asking such questions? He should kill her now. He had no feelings for this strange, mammal theif after all. Something held him back though. What was it called...compassion? It seemed like so many rusty words and feelings were resurfacing...

The Rattegan nervously nodded. Was this giant actually...worried about her? "Well you see, I'm an orphan." Aylane explained. "My mother and father...they died from the plague when I was six." She spoke carefully, cautiously. One wrong word and the giant dragon might eat her. "I'm only doing this to survive...sir." Sir, how did that slip out? "I'm really sorry if...if I angered you but I-I just needed to. I don't have much money." She hung her head, trying to seem pitiful. "If I didn't steal then I wouldn't have the money to get the food I needed."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 8:28 PM

He snorted. I do not care about your well-being. I am here to gaurd this cathedral and kill any who enters with a dark intention. The orbs grew brighter. Before you leave, little theif, empty your pockets. I shall see if you have stolen anything of value. Reluctantly, Aylane emptied her bag. She spreaded the objects out onto the floor, cautiously watching the dragon. It was a marvolous collection. Old books, well-intact beakers, a strange stick that was meant for some ancient sport, a fossil and...
The Iiylumiel snatched up the ivory locket from the pile, his eyes glowing an intense blue. Where did you get this, little theif? He demanded. His voice seemed quite breathless, angry. The symbol on his chest began to beat rapidly. He reared up to his full height. The very cathedral seemed to shake at his anger. Answer me now! Where did you get this?
Aylane shrunk back in surprise. Why was he making such a fuss over a tiny locket? "I-I just found it in that cabinent over there." She nervously squeaked. She jabbed a paw at the broken cabinent. "I-Is it yours?"
Mine? The Iiylumiel's voice boomed in Aylane's head. It was...from my lover. He sunk back down to the ground, his eyes dimming. Let me keep this, little theif. You may run off with the other things. He spoke calmly once again. The anger that had taken hold of him seemed to fade away.
"Your lover?" The Rattegan squeaked. "What happened to her?"
She died. The dragon answered, his tone slightly annoyed. With the annoyance came, what, joy? Was he regaining his feelings at last? You are lucky, little theif, that I didn't eat you whole when I saw you. Begone now. Do not ask anymore ques-
"Please, can you tell me how she died?" Aylane begged.
Do not push your luck, little theif. The Iiylumiel was now througly annoyed. Why did this little thing want to know about his past anyway? How...bothersome.
"Please, just tell me and I'll go!"
The Iiylumiel sighed. Fine, I shall. But sit tight, it is a long story.

2.0 (Level Up)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 9:24 PM

As Aylane settled down, she curiously asked, "What is your name?"
If the Iiylumiel had let emotions show on his face, his brow would have been furrowed. Name? He had long since forgotten his true name. What was it? He remembered it was something honorable, something that a knight would have. Call me Ruin. He simply answered. If you wish, I shall start my tale now. Ruin reached back, back to a time when the cathedral was just a simple idea. Are you ready? This is how my tale goes:

I was born in a royal family and I was hailed as a prince. I spent most of my days learning the neccesities: the universal languages, arithmatic, reading, writing, diplomacy and the like. In my free time I would go hunting, fishing, or to fancy balls where I would dance the night away...
Ruin's eyes misted, as if remembering a beautiful dream. That was where I saw her...

"What was her name?

Arwen. Ruin closed his eyes. I can remember it clearly. I was there, hanging back in the corner. She walked up to me, like an angel, so graceful, so delicate, and she asked me to dance. We happily danced together. It was obvious we were meant for each other. My parents objected my 'infautation' though. You see, Arwen, she was a commoner. They wanted only the best for me, the stuck-up royal princesses. Despite my parents discouragements, we continued to meet. We courted and soon engaged. Our marriage was not far off.

This sent my parents into a rage. How dare I try to marry a commoner? After all they did, I settled for a low class country girl. They tried Arwen for treason and found her guilty. I rescued her that night and we rode off. We soon settled in a town near the site where this very cathedral would be built. We kept our identitiy secret and no one suspected us. We lived a happy and peaceful life. Arwen also had children, a girl and a boy. Both were twins. Misfortune fell upon us though. My parents...they found us out. In the middle of the night they came and siezed Arwen.
His eyes suddenly flew open in rage. They began to...torture her along with my children. I-I don't know what came over me but I went into such a rage that I killed the gaurds. In my frenzy, I also killed my children...

Arwen was horrified at what I did. She thought that I had truely turned evil and she prayed to the gods that I would be punished. I was. Arwen took her life that night and I turned into this.
He gestured to himself. The gods put me here to gaurd this place until I can repent for what I did. Centuries have passed. I still have not forgotten what had happened... A single, sparkling drop of water slid down Ruin's stony face.

2.0 (Level Up)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 1:49 AM

Aylane kept a respectful silence, her paws nervously fiddling with a loose thread on her bag. "...Wow..." Aylane looked at a broken mirror on the other side of the room. Her reflection was dim, hazy. "I-Is that why you're here? Because you were cursed?" Another thought popped into mind. "Why can't you just leave? I mean, it's not like they're going to force you to stay...right?"
Ruin had felt the tear run down his face. Sadness. At last, his feelings had broke free. And he owed it all to this little thief. He snapped back to reality at her question. Don't you think I've tried? Ruin glared at the Rattegan, all signs of emotion wiped off his face. I cannot. It is simple as that. I try to leave and some mysterious force calls me back. I must obey it. The Iiylumiel looked through an intact window. The light that had dimly lit the cathedral was now dimming, replaced by gentle moonlight.
Aylane watched the great creature with new sympathy. How sad he was, how lonely...it wouldn't hurt her if she stayed with him for one night...right? "Well..." Aylane strayed a bit. "Do you usually get company?"
What was this Rattegan getting to? Does she honestly think that he had company like he actually belonged to society? Company? No. I am doomed to a life of solitude.
"Well then, do you mind if I...stay with you for the night?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 6:45 PM

Stay? With him? Ruin looked at the tiny Rattegan with curiosity. What ideas did she have running through her head? I am afraid you cannot. He shook his head. The idea was tempting...some company at last...after being alone for centuries...Go and find yourself a better place to rest. This place is not suited for you.
Aylane didn't say another word. She packed up her things and slowly left the room, trying not to look back. He looked so sad though, she thought. So lonely.
Ruin watched the tiny mammal leave. For a moment he felt an urge to call her back, to stay with him. He wanted some warm company to chase away the chill of the night that had settled in his bones. He did not call her back. He watched her leave without a single blink. It was getting late. He should go back to sleep. The Iiylumiel slithered back to the pedestal and curled up, trying to sleep. Sleep did not come. He found himself staring at the entrance, waiting...waiting for that little theif to come back.

Aylane stopped at the entrance of the cathedral and began to unpack her things. For some reason, she couldn't leave Ruin alone. I'll visit him in the morning. She decided. The Rattegan pulled out of her bag a worn blanket and snuggled under its warmth. Somehow, she had to convince him to let her stay with him...

Unknown to the Rattegan, maddened eyes watched from the skies, angered at this sudden, new resident. What was that little creature doing here? He must kill her...kill all who dared settle here...

A scream echoed through the cathedral, a spine-chilling scream that was cut short.Ruin was instantly on his feet, running toward the entrance of the cathedral. That was the little theif! What was she dwadling around here for? Ruin silently prayed to the gods that he would arrive in time....

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 6:55 PM

Blood...the ground was reeking with it...a whole river...
Ruin looked in disbelief around him. Where was Aylane? What happened here? A roar came from the skies and a wickedly strong claw slashed at Ruin's stony head, almost knocking him over. The Iiylumiel scanned the skies for his attacker. He didn't need to. A giant Temple Hollowheart doved down at him, its claws searching for flesh to rip. Ruin reared up and held his attacker's claw with his own, pushing him back with sheer strength. Damn it, what was going on here!? The Hollowheart was disoriented for a second, dizzily flying around, when he snapped back. The Hollowheart screeched his hatred at Ruin as he dived down once more to kill. Ruin lashed back with his tail, knocking the Hollowheart a few feet off.
Little theif! He desperatly called with his telepathy. Where are you? Before he can call out for the Rattegan again though, the Hollowheart slammed into Ruin, full force, and the two went tumbling, screeching and slashing.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 7:26 PM

Did Ruin just...call to her? Aylane weakly got up. The effort was almost too much. She fell back down again, down into the sweet, cold grass. The world was fading...fading into darkness. Aylane found herself in a strange tunnel. She could see etheral lights at the other end of the tunnel...her mother and father beckoned to her...

Ruin bit the Hollowheart's snout and clawed at his stomach. The Temple creature gave a long drawn screech of pain as the Iiylumiel's claws dug deep into his flesh. The Hollowheart twisted about, trying to get a good grip on his foe, to grab a hold of his neck...
Ruin slipped back and lunged foward, his eyes full of rage. The Hollowheart dodged his attack and took to the air. Ruin's foe was escaping! The Iiylumiel leaped up and caught the Hollowheart's tail in his mouth. The Hollowheart shrieked in pain as he tried to escape, his muscular tail swinging this way and that. With grim determination, Ruin hung on. The Temple creature had enough. The Hollowheart took to the skies, Ruin hanging from his tail still, and dove down into a crevice, slamming the Iiylumiel into the sharp stones. Ruin cried out in pain and fell, deep into the dark nothingness...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/24/2007 4:01 PM

...Darkness...the same darkness of death...
...Am I...dead?
...No, I can't be dead now. That little thief needs me...like I need her...
...Light, at the end of the tunnel...the exit...warmth...

Ruin woke up to find himself tangled in the rocks, the Hollowheart dead. He carefully slithered out of the sharp stones and began a long and painful climb back up. Step, pull, step, pull...
Was the little thief dead? No, he couldn't think of those thoughts. He had to keep going and hope that she was still alive...

Step, pull, step, pull...

At last he reached the top and slithered onto the blood-splattered ground. "Little theif?" He gently called, his stony voice crackling in the silent night air. "Aylane? Are you...alive?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LionKit » 06/26/2008 11:02 AM

(ooc: May I join?)

Name:  Nephthys

Nepthys had cuts all over body. It was a usual thing- some how most people hate Cursed pets but why so much? If they hate them, then why do some humans take care of them?
Kindness?
Or do they feel sorry for them?

Not that it mattered they- or atleast she- was going to one day die by the  hands of a human.

She slipt through a cracked window , witch was a really bad idea becuase her cut on her back got deeper and she got another one.

The room wasn't the greatest either-there was glass scattered about the whole room, making more cuts and deeping the last ones.

Despite the glass she her eyelids were drooping...and drooping....and drooping...

And then all the sudden a spine-chilling scream shot up from the entrence of the room and then a Iiylumiel shot up right out under a pedestal and into the entrence. (Whom she didn't notice until then, and luckily he didn't notice her either at anytime.)
A growl...
The sound of Battle...

All the noises were frightening...

Then the sound of someone climbing and then a voice...

A stony, cracky voice that is.

Somehow she, although frightened, managed to bring up all her strangh and investigate.

With blood trailing behind she walked into the entrance...

And actually had that much valor to talk to the Iiylumiel.

"S-sir...what happened, c-can you help me...please?" Her voice was actually smooth and graceful-but (this was becuase of being frightened so much) now it was squeaky and high-pitched. (Even though she was born wiht vocale cords of a smooth and graceful voiced soul, it is unfortunetly pitiful sounding due to her expierences in the past.)

Nethys: (1/5)
LionKit
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 366
Donate