Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

.:Anathema of the Grave:. (P Millie and I) P13 [Gore]

Postby Middy » 12/11/2010 12:08 AM

Ossuary wasn't one to really come out of the cathedral often let alone away from Dialune. This night seemed different though, for he could smell a familiar scent emanating from the graveyard that was close to the decrepit building. It was the scent of death; the putrid scent of decay filled Ossuary's nostrils and slowly crept out of the cathedral, a black viscous liquid dripping from his rotted away midsection.
He dragged himself to the graveyard finally spotting the source of the heavenly smell, a recently dead animal... one he could not quite identify himself. With one swift motion he placed a large paw on the carcass and took a bite from the open neck wound and licked at the dry blood from the rotting wound.

He lifted his head and took a look around, making sure nothing living was going to intrude on his fine dining in the moonlight. So far, it was empty. He turned his muzzle to a snarl and perked his ears up at a nearby sound; however it was just a lone rat most likely scavenging among the ruins.

Ossuary took his time to finish his meal quickly still keeping his ears perked up high to listen to any intruders. If he were to find someone out here at this time of night, which could happen at any moment, then at least he wouldn't be fighting on an empty stomach.

[1] ((Yes, he is a disgusting undead beast hehe))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: .:Anathema of the Grave:. (P Millie and I) P13 [Gore]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2010 12:17 AM

This place stank. Yeah, okay, having an air filter on your helmet that kept out noxious gasses and potentially lethal bio-weapons was swell and all, but couldn’t it filter out smells too? That would just be super. Prudii had to resist the urge to gag as he patrolled through the decrepit old cathedral grounds. He was a lieutenant. He had rank. He was a higher up. So why in the name of all that was holy was he the one with the horrible assignment? Oh yeah. He lost a bet. Cursing his brother Mereel under his breath, Prudii hitched his blaster higher up on his hip, holding the weapon aloft as he made his way silently and without purpose through the grounds. There was fog. There was moonlight. And Prudii felt distinctly creeped out.

“It’s like that ‘American Werewolf in London,’ movie. Never should’ve watched it.” He turned quickly at the sound of something in the darkness, but his scanners picked up no living thing bigger than a raccoon hanging around the desolate cathedral. Well, until Prudii turned and very nearly careened headfirst into a giant, wolf-like dog. His first thought was ‘Werewolf! HOLYCRAPRUN!’ His second, and more coherent thought was ‘Is that thing even alive?’ Indeed, there was no heat signature on the creature as Prudii leapt back, leveling his weapon at it. “Whoa! What are you?” he asked, though didn’t intend for an answer. Animals couldn’t talk. “Hey there, crazy scary dog thing. Just don’t attack me, and we’ll be pals, all right? I won’t get bitten, and you won’t get shot? Deal? Now I’m just going to back away very, very, veeeery slowly…”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/11/2010 12:32 AM

Ossuary quickly looked in the direction of the voice, it was indeed an intruder! And quite the strange looking one too, psh, reminded him of that Viler character he met a few weeks back. Damn android nearly did kill him, not to mention how long it took to find his own missing leg to be sewn back onto him. Since this stranger did bear resemblance to that cursed creature, then maybe he should take a precaution with this one as well.

"Stand back intruder, this graveyard is my own," Ossuary laid close to the ground with forearms splayed, tail raised, and bore dirty, ichor stained fangs. He remained still as the grave except for low growls and wrinkling of his blood caked muzzle. This... stranger was of the living? Nonetheless, he did carry a gun. "Why have you come here?" he added still retaining his aggressive posture.

Might as well see what business he had instead of outright attacking this armored soldier.

[2]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2010 12:49 AM

Prudii leapt back, clearly startled, although his face was hidden by his helmet. “Holy crap, you can talk?!” he spluttered, sounding as shocked as he probably looked. He tilted his head to the side, quite a comical thing since it seemed a bit…crooked, and seemed to regard the creature for a few, long, drawn out moment. “Hey so…uh…you can talk,” he said lamely, wondering what he’d stumbled into. Where he was from, animals usually didn’t talk. And they usually didn’t look like they were dead. And they usually didn’t smell so bad. Ahem. Getting off topic.

Prudii let his head fall forward a little, and puffed out a breath slowly, still holding his rifle level with the strange creature. “I’m…uh…just going for a walk. Bad neighborhood round here, so I decided to bring a little protection with me. For good reason, I might add.” He gestured to the carcass behind the creature, then leveled the blaster back at him. “And besides eating road kill, what are you…and what are you doing here?"

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/11/2010 1:09 AM

Ossuary kept his piercing neon green eyes trained on the armored thing, he shifted his rotted body into a more... calm position but still keeping his tail up as a sign that he still wasn't thrilled to have someone come right in the middle of dinner. "Of course I can talk!" he spat, small pieces of rotted flesh and ichor following suit.

"But if it would make a creature like you more comfortable," Ossuary melted into a viscous black tar that quickly sank into the ground. Moments later it came back up and began to take a more humanoid shape. There, instead of a ragged blood soaked canine, stood a man with short dark green hair and bright glowing green eyes. He was adorned in a suit of fine dark green metallic armor that looked like something the knights of old would of worn. A ragged blood red scarf covered the lower half of his face and ended almost to his feet acting like a cape.

"Does this form suit you better?" he growled, trying to keep his posture rigid. He walked a couple paces towards the stranger, "You look like a certain android I met... different armor and brighter coloration... what are you?"

He had to admit his curiosity was getting the better of him.
[3]
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/11/2010 11:08 PM

Prudii stared in shock and amazement as the half-dead, dog-corpse shifted forms and slowly materialized into an armor human. His mouth worked silently behind his helmet, but he couldn’t form a coherent reply. He’d seen a lot of freaky things in his short life, but that little sideshow just topped the grand daddy of all freaky cakes. “Uh…” Prudii began, now face to face with a man who he couldn’t quite believe was real. “Um…Yeah…”

He couldn’t quite wrap his head around this entire ordeal. But despite that, he still kept his rifle trained on the dog, er, man…er, whatever he was. Prudii backed up a few paces, staring the guy up and down. “I’m not an android,” He finally protested, sounding slightly offended. “I’m a human. A living breathing human, thank you very much. I could ask the same of you? What the shab are you?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/17/2010 12:15 AM

"I am a knight of the grave, summoned here to guard what my master holds dear," he took a grip on the handle of his claymore, tightening his hand firmly on it and focusing a blank eyed gaze on the 'human' before him. "So..." he moved closer to the human further taking in the odd details of his armor, "What is your name exactly?"

((Short, but Oss doesn't do a whole lot in the beginning XD))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate