Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

@@ Tattered and Damaged [self]

Postby Chayden » 12/31/2010 2:48 AM

ImageImage
Iasemme - Honde

In a little lab far, far away, tragedy was in the works.

A tiny Kuhna lay on a cold metal slab, harsh fluorescent light illuminating her heaving frame. To her, the world was terribly muted. She could barely feel the sting of the metal through her short, coarse fur. Air was an alien; it was near impossible to force it to and from her lungs. Her eyesight was perilous at best - it was so bad that the artificial light seemed like the first rays of a weak dawn. She couldn't hear the short, strangled sobs of her tormentor in the corner.

"It's not my fault," he groaned, scrabbling to get a foothold on the blood-soaked linoleum. He wanted to see the Kuhna as she passed, to perhaps be a comfort to the poor thing.

The Dalma blinked hollow eyes as he fought his way to his feet. His fur, once a pure white, had been stained almost completely red. The blood was new, but already it was beginning to crust and brown. It crunched grotesquely along with his movements toward the table.

He inched his nose close to the Kuhna's sparse fur, afraid to touch it. What if he broke her more, what if she had to die in fear? She was already dying in darkness... His breath came in ragged breaths, ruffling her ears.
She opened her pale green eyes as wide as she could and regarded him sadly. Tears spilt onto the table, but they were not hers.

"I'm sorry," the Dalma whispered hoarsely, drawing his tongue across her shoulder at long last.

The girl blinked at him once before she stoppsed breathing.

"Lost," the Dalma sobbed, letting his legs buckle beneath him. His head cracked against the cement, though he could not feel the pain.

Dejectedly, the Dalma went limp. He wanted to go with that Kuhna, to plead her forgiveness and tell her that things would be okay now. He yearned so badly to tell that one little lie... But it was too late. It would be of no condolence to her, now.

"I lost another one."

Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: @@ Tattered and Damaged [self]

Postby Chayden » 12/31/2010 2:48 AM

He didn't know what he would do with her, even though it had been days since she had... well. The Dalma understood that, if he truly loved her, he had to let her go, but... It was too painful. He couldn't leave her to be by herself! Thinking deeply, he knew that there was only one hope left...It was too risky for him to try to perform another operation. If he was unable to save her the first time, what made him think that he could do it now? Was he honestly that foolish? He couldn't be.

No, this time he was going to turn to a higher power, instead of trying to become one. He was going to put her into the hands of his patron god, a thing known by the likes of him as Xiaco. The Dalma had faith in his abilities, even if he was not actually a god; he was merely a creator. And a creator was what he needed.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate