Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Beginning Again..? [P - Fire and Myself]

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/26/2011 9:16 PM

They crept like shadows across the yard of the seemingly abandoned building, the darkness of the eves fitting for individuals of such a life. No eyes but those of the stone gargoyles peered at them in the gloom. The pair scurried through the dark, pausing only moments for the leader to check and see if the way was clear. The shadows were the friends of these two, especially tonight.

"Almost there, Ilindúrë-sama," Raishuu said in a hushed tone. His blond and black hair was covered by his scarf to prevent anything giving them away, and he had one hand on the hilt of his blade. Since it had not been long since his rescue of the princess, he felt that one could never be too careful. Not yet, anyway. Her parents were still not thrilled with either of them, and he didn't want to be caught off guard by any of the royal palace guards seeking them out. Last he had heard, they didn't want her to be learning any of what he had already been telling her.

Lya Pointa Cathedral served as a secondary base for the ninja clan, though it was rarely used. They should have plenty of privacy here. Even if it was against the wishes of her parents, Rai felt she had a right to learn if she wanted to, no matter how frowned upon it might be. After all, she had already shown promise. Maybe she could become something great if given the chance.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Re: Beginning Again..? [P - Fire and Myself]

Postby SpringsSong » 05/26/2011 9:33 PM

Syarri was also completely cloaked in black, her hood drawn up over her split purple-and-red hair and her mask securely fastened over her tattooed face.  Her hands were gloved as well, and one hand rested uneasily on her own katana, and her violet eyes darted around from time to time, checking to see if there was something that her companion could not spot.  Finally, after a few moments of waiting once Raishuu had spoken, she nodded and continued moving as silently as she could.

It hadn't been all that long since Raishuu, who had originally been assigned to protect her by her parents, had rescued her.  She had not gone back to the palace because, when he had arrived to rescue her, he'd seen her skill with a blade and with swift moves, always avoiding the blows that her adversaries were dishing out and managing to strike them when and where they least expected it.  It was then that Raishuu had confirmed one of her favorite myths to study in her studies of the mysterious Orient--the myth of the Ninja Princess.

"We are indeed fortunate that we did not encounter any of the palace guard, Kimura-san," she whispered, her fingers still wrapped tightly around the hilt of her katana.  "From what I've heard, there's a price no man alive I know would pass up for my return and your capture."

[1.2]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/26/2011 10:33 PM

Raishuu sighed, trying his best not to allow the idea of being considered a fugitive among his own people cloud his thinking at this moment. Even his most trusted teammates might give him away now in a moment of greed driven weakness. He hated this feeling but supposed it was necessary, at least for now. Maybe he would be able to go home eventually, after Syarri had learned all she cared to from him and went back to the palace to clear his name. Yes,that would be the only way, really.

Their footsteps echoed slightly on the bare stone walls the moment they entered the cathedral, and Rai breathed a sigh of relief. They would be safe here, at least for the time being. His violet gaze scanned the weathered sanctuary once before he seated himself on a fallen piece of balcony, his almost numb feet thanking him for the break. Even after having spent so much of his life on his feet, he still managed to be sore after traveling all day.

"I suggest you make yourself comfortable, Ilindúrë-sama," he said, leaning his sore spine against the stone. "Please accept my apologies for the poor accommodations, but I don't know the state of the barracks below at the moment and am too tired to go exploring at the moment. I promise to investigate in a little while, but I would be most at ease if you would stay up here for the time being."

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/27/2011 11:31 AM

Syarri looked over at Raishuu with tired eyes, knowing that he was doubtless thinking about what she had said.  Honestly, she did not ever want to go back to the palace.  She belonged among the shadows, she felt; among the shadows and among the Orient.  That had been her favorite topic of study, and the fact that she was getting to live one of her favorite myths... it was almost too surreal for her right now.

"Very well, Kimura-san," she said, her voice clearly weary.  "I do not mind where I rest my head, so long as I am free from my parents.  They do not believe that this myth can possibly be real, whereas I..."

Here, she paused as she leaned back against a broken pillar, sighing as she let her face mask slip off and her hood fall back, revealing her intricately-tattooed face and her red-and-purple hair.

"...I believe that there are no myths.  This is the life I've wanted for a while now..."

[1.4]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 05/27/2011 10:21 PM

"As you wish, my lady," Raishuu muttered, laying his head back and closing his eyes. He knew that she was stubborn, and that changing her mind was like trying to force the wind to change directions. It just didn't work. He could always hope that she would someday decide to clear his name. He would hate to have to hide from the people he had trusted for the rest of his life.

"You needn't worry about your parents. They may be royalty, but they have not been told about everything. The main place they will look for you in the main base, but the were intentionally uninformed about this hideout." He didn't add the just in case part of that. She might ask, but he wasn't about to hand her every answer up front.

A thought twanged through his mind at the word "myth." He hoped she did not believe this to be some kind of fairy tale where nothing could hurt her because she was some kind of hero. He knew all too well how real things were, even if they seemed to be living a fantasy. He had the scars to prove just how real things could be.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/09/2011 12:35 PM

Syarri tilted her head slightly as she ran her hand through her hair, a slight sigh escaping her as she looked around the cathedral.  It was clear that this base was rarely used, but she didn't mind that all that much.  She knew that there was one reason why ninjas were often hired as assassins; that was because they had no real honor to uphold.  Sure, if they failed a mission, they'd rather kill themselves to cover their tracks then have their client come and "clean up their mess", but she still couldn't understand why else they would be hiding.

"If only there was some way we could clear your name without me having to return to the palace..." she muttered to herself.  "That would make things a lot easier.  I've tried refusing the crown, but the only way my parents would accept that is... is if I were to mysteriously be found dead..."

A tiny mewl from the corner of the cathedral drew the Princess' attention.  However, Sya shook her head as she began to trace the intricate lavender tattoos decorating her body.

[1.6]

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 06/09/2011 1:45 PM

Raishuu rolled over on the stone into a more comfortable position. Now would not be a good time to get into an argument with the one he was meant to be protecting, especially since none of his attempts to get her to go home had been successful. He supposed he just had to let things take their course but just didn't want to think about what might happen if she decided to never fully explain things. Her parents though he had kidnapped her, for Gods' sakes! How was he ever supposed to do anything with his life with that hanging over his head?

"No one's gonna find you dead," he muttered. Even the people who had taken her had no plans of killing her. She would have been worthless dead anyhow. "That wouldn't solve anything and would only raise the price on my head."

The sound from the corner caught his attention. As far as he knew, they hadn't been followed here. It could have just been a stray cat, but there weren't a lot of those around here either. His hand strayed to the pouch on his leg that contained what kunai he had left, and he stared at the spot, hoping that he wouldn't have to chase off some intruder quite yet. He was still too tired for that.

Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate