Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

The Street Rat and the Butler [P[ShadowStitches & I]

Postby Kylo » 05/30/2011 10:42 PM

Jack slunk through the cathedral and looked around carefully. Finding that no one was there he grinned and dumped out his supplies on the ground. He could not preform his greatest art around Xaviar as he had forbidden him from using magic of any kind. Drawing out the diagrams in the dirt and sprinkling the ground with the ashes of oak and aspen Jack began to recite the incantation. The markings began to glow and mist began to swirl up from the ground. Jack continued his incantations as a figure began to appear in the mist. "Yes! It's working, it's working!"

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: The Street Rat and the Butler [P[ShadowStitches & I]

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/31/2011 7:57 PM

Daren

A cool wind howled through the huge hallway Daren was walking through, making him wrap his coat arround him a little tighter, more out out habbit then really feeling cold. He finally got a day of, and the butler was wearing  more legere clothing then usual, but still elegant and fine. He seemed...totally out of place in a ruin like that. Still, it somehow dragged him out here often when he had a little free time. //how utterly chlichee...a vampire who seeks out the shelter of an old, almost occult cathedral...must be the genes.//

His head snapped up suddently, tilting slightly to his right. There where wierd noises coming from the hall next to him, and the air suddently seemed to be loaded with the slight tigeling of magic. Curious and without any sound, Daren made his way over towards Jack , who was almost not visible in the upswirling mist. He stood there for a short time, merely watching him, before he cleared his throat slightly. He saw too many incantations going wrong in his lifetime, and he would have to convince himself that this guy was knowing what he was doing...altho he seemed to at least not try this the first time. "I would not do that, If I where you" he said, his voice almost bored, but velvety.
(meh...hope its okay that way^^)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/01/2011 12:47 PM

Jack looked up at Daren for a moment then back at the incantation. The glow of the symbols vanished and that mist along with it. The figure was nowhere to be found. "Oh look at what ya did, ye git! I was gettin' it right to. Now how I am supposed to get some hell's flames? Huh? Ya tell me where a man is gonna get a hold of that?" Jack stared the man down angrily and grumbled to himself. "I really needed it as it's a pain ta conjur up fire all the time. And it's the only fire hot 'nough ta melt mithrill." Jack normally would have spoken in proper english, but when he got in a rage he always slipped back into slang.

He went over to the man and sized him up. "What are you doing here anyway?" He peered closely at the man's face and drew back his lip into a snarl. "Hey, you're one of those living dead, aren't you?" He had delt with the living dead before and everyone time someone always got hurt. "Not that it matters or anything, I just want to know what I'm dealing with."

(No, it's great! Really.)

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/02/2011 3:36 AM

Daren did not move a muscle in his face, tho his eyes seemed to be giving away his interest and slight amusement. "well, tho you seem to do  know that you where doing, proving me wrong in my assumption that you're yet an other misguided soul who do that for...a cheap adrenalin rush or are simply curious, you still should and most likely do know that everything you demand from this kind of creatures is  usually paid with a hefty price, sooner or later... " He tilted his head slightly, scanning Jack, still curious "I hope you dont mind the question, but what for exactly do you want to melt Mithrill?"

Answering his question, he said lowly "Oh, I just enjoy a little stroll at midnight around here... "
His eyes seemed to darken slightly, but his mouth formed into a very slight smirk. "The correct term is Vampire, my friend, and I prefer to be referred to as one, rather then be called a 'living dead..."Daren was surprised that Jack 'uncovered' him that fast, usually it took a while till people realized what he was...on the other hand, this guy seemed to have a little experience with the...not so usual. He came a little closer, but in a non threatening way. "My name is Daren Welish, and with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"  

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/02/2011 5:03 PM

"It's an ingredient in a complicated alchemical formula. Without it the resulting compound will be unstable and possibly explode. I don't want to have myself blown up now. Besides I've delt with creatures like that before. They can't touch me." He grinned a bit arrogently and continued to study Daren.

"Strange place for a stroll. Even if you are a vampire it's still dangerous here. Not everything here fears your species you know." Jack wondered why someone who appeared to be of a high social status would be here. He spoke like he was well educated and his mannerisms screamed elite. "I'm Jack Malloy but call me Jack. I don't like to be called by my last name." Jack knew he was not Daren's prey as vampires don't usually play with their food for this long when there is no one else around. "Anyway there's no reason to warn me about those kinds of creatures. I deal with them often."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/06/2011 3:42 PM

"No, blowing up is indeed something less then desireble" the Vampire said, furrowing his forehead slightly

Daren smiled a little, nodding his head at the warning. "I'm aware of that. But I seem to have a...gift to stay out of trouble. and I know this place fairly well" He did not seem to want to get any further into that subject, muss less into what he might was here for really. was he really just out for a little 'fresh' air? who knew.

"well then Jack, its a pleasure to meet you. actually, quite refreshing I must say." usually, the people where much more carefull or even afraid when they found out what he was. Jack however...was different. "Now, i really dont want to be nosy, but I have to admit that you've got me quite curious. What exactly do you do for...a living? dealing with such excuisite and dangerous things, both chemical and...spiritual?"

(ugh, sorry for the wait. plus massive writers block :( )

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/21/2011 7:24 PM

"I'm an alchemist...well technically an alchemist's apprentice, but still you know what I mean." No, vampires certainly don't play with their food this long, much less try to get to them. "Since you asked me, I believe I have the right to ask you. What do you do for a living?" Jack already had an idea as to what Daren did, but it never hurt to ask.

"My master isn't what you call human so that's how I've met creatures that most humans try to avoid. Anyway, if you want to you can come with me back to the shop. I haven't got enough supplies to attempt the incantation again so I haven't got anything else to do." Jack was telling the truth...mostly. He did have enough supplies to attempt the incantation again, but with Daren here he could tell it was not going to work. So he might as well go back to the shop.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/18/2011 6:48 PM

His smile grew somewhat more genuine at his answer, now showing his
fangs slightly "Very fascinating indeed"
Daren nodded slightly at the question "well, I'm what most people would call a 'Butler' of some sort.My mistress knows that she...is not actually my mistress at all, but we made a deal that is of great use to both of us." what exactly that deal was, he did not specify.

Daren's piercing eyes wavered over to the circle that was still visible on the ground, if only barely, before looking at the young man again. "Well, If you really dont mind, I actually would enjoy to come along. It certainly is more ineristing then these old halls..." He knew that he was not telling the whole truth. "however, if you want to try the incarnation again, and I'm distracting you or am in the way, you just have to tell me." It was not that Daren could read minds, far from it. It just was the case that he had a natural instinct if someone was not telling the whole truth or was lying even. And in this case he was just counting one and one together. contently, he watched Jack, again no real emotion on his features.  

(so sorry for the wait :( I'm fully back again tho)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/21/2011 10:49 AM

(It's okay. I lost cable yesterday and the day before so I fully understand. I'm patient as well and have had to wait six months before on other sites.)
Jack considered trying it again but he knew that if he stayed much longer here that his master when think that something was amiss. "We better go to my master's mshop or he'll get to wondering where I am." He sighed and collected his stuff up before turning to Daren. "It's in the slums so I apologize ahead of time if someone tries to mug you or anything. My master isn't the brightest when it come to society's rules and norms. He thought the slums were...how should I put this, quaint." He chuckled halfheartedly and began to lead Daren to Xaviar's shop and prayed that the man wasn't doing anything stupid. When they arrived smoke billowed out of the open doors and windows of the normally prestine building. "Oh god! Xaviar!" He rushed into the shop only to come out a moment later with a tall man that appeared to be in his early twenties laughing his head off. His long silver hair was tied back with black ribbon and he was covered from head to toe with soot.

"I apologize sir but if you're here to purchase something you'll have to come back in an hour. My latest experiment decided to be cruel and blow up on me." He smiled a bit crazily and dusted himself off. Jack scowled and hit him harshly over the head. "He's with me you git! I told that wyrm's blood was off didn't I!?!" Xaviar just chuckled and went over to Daren. "Yes you did Jack but I didn't have the time to go pick some more of the flower. Sorry for earlier then sir, I thought you were a customer. My name is Xaviar SMith and I own this fine establishment, though at the moment it will need some serious cleaning." He smiled and offered his hand.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/24/2011 1:00 PM

Daren looked a little bit...irritated at the though of going into the slums, but he shrugged it of. "It is ..uh...rather uncommon to think that the slums are a good location for such a shop, I have to agree with that"he said, his eyebrows raised slightly. "But I don't mind going there" that...was a lie, but he was no one to not go somewhere simply because the location did not sit too well with him.  

They reached the shop without any problems, but the sight of the huge amount of smoke had Daren
stopping on his tracks for a slipt second, looking shocked. Luckily, the man Jack was pulling out of the shop was
not hurt, or at least it seemed so. maybe a little confused. Daren took Xaviars hand and shook it "a pleasure to meet you, sir. My name is Daren Welish." His eyes trailed over to the still smoking shop, and he furrowed his forehead slightly. "Ah yes, it looks a little dusty indeed" he said, not hiding the amusement in his voice. "would you need some help with cleaning up? I wouldn't mind, really"

(hmm...do you want to change locations for this, or do you want to stay here?)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 07/24/2011 6:30 PM

(Stay here. I usually skip around too much and lose track of where things are.)
"Oh you don't have to, but it would be nice." Xaviar chuckled and with drew paper and a pen from his vest. "Now to douse the flame and clear the smoke....there!" He scirbbled on the paper, then smiled as it glowed and water and wind rushed out of the paper putting out the flames and clearing the smoke. "Well now all that's left is to clean up." He walked into the building with Jack trialing behind him glaring angrily.

Time passed and the place looked much more presentable than before. "I'm so sorry that you had to see my shop in such a disarray, and that you had to come out here to the slums. I used to have my shop set up in a much nicer place but some of the locals ran me out because they didn't want a, as they put it, 'busy-body, snake oil selling idiot' there." He grinned crookedly and offered up a chair that wasn't still wet to Daren. "Would like anything to drink? That is if I can find anything."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/26/2011 4:58 AM

He sat on the chair, taking in his surroundings now a little more closely after they where not covered by soot anymore. He was surprised about some things, because he knew some of this was very rare, ad about others he never even heard about.He looked at Xaviar with an understanding smile, an almost sad look in his eyes. "yes, people tend to chase away the things they dont understand.It seems to be their nature" He was fully well knowing what Xaviar was talking about. He also was not really hiding that he...at least was not fully human. Jack would tell him anyways most likely, plus he was sure that Xaviar himself already knew it. "Hm...but as...undesireable this location is, I guess you at least don't have that much trouble with that kind of problems around here?" When he asked him if he wanted to drink something, he just shook his head slightly "Thats very nice, but no thank you." He casted a glance towards Jack, asking "So you two are the only ones running this shop?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate