Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

[8]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/05/2011 12:05 AM

Joking or not, Atarxe was in no mood for jokes. He shook his head, teeth still gritted and that headache raging. Admittedly, crashing straight into a broken stone wall couldn't help the headache. "... That hurt..." the child growled quietly as his eyes glowed a threatening brown. He focused his attention on the remaining Shielupe, and in a flash, the dog's expression went entirely blank. Second later, thin trickles of blood were leaking out from his ears and down on the ground. It seemed that, quite literally, Atarxe had caused the Shielupe's brain to implode from inside out. Within the seconds, the Shielupe was toppling over and falling on the ground, with whatever that was left of its brain leaking out from its ears.

Baffled at the entire scene, the Sahound barked nervously a few times before backing up and running away with its tail between its legs. It seemed like it wasn't interested in getting ripped apart to death.

With the Sahound retreating and all the others dead, Atarxe curled up on the ground and held in head in his hands. That last bit had really been too much; one could only imagine how much brain power was necessary to make someone's own brain implode. The headache was fierce, and it felt like his head was about to explode. If he didn't rest for a while, he could potentially permanently damage his brain if he used more of his psychic powers. Wasn't that a lovely thought?
But he had to force himself to ignore that headache. In due time, it would go away; but thinking about it like this wouldn't help. With everything he could muster, Atarxe forced his eyes opened. What he saw then wasn't something he'd expected to see. On Art's back were... wings. "You... have wings?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [-- Compensation (PG-E/P)

Postby Redd » 07/15/2011 11:02 PM

Artuv’e cast a distracted glance around at the carnage, taken back by the amount of damage that Atarxe had wreaked, without so much as a weapon. It was freakily supernatural, but Art was somewhat familiar with supernatural.
The half-angel flicked his empty cartridge out of the pistol and re-loaded it, then idly brushed some dirt and gore off the side of it before turning his attention back to the kid.

Ugh. The wings. He had forgotten that they were in plain view now. ‘Yeah, they were always there, just invisible. For my own protection.’ He waved his hands dismissively. ‘Some would call me an angel. Huh, how naive, right?’
Hopefully Atarxe wouldn't dwell too much on the fact that he was winged. He had made up his mind to keep them visible for now; one was damaged, but that would heal with time - another benefit of his heritage he supposed. Fast healing and the ability of flight, the only two things his father had left him, and the only way to identify his other siblings. Art pushed that train of thought to the back of his mind and cast his eyes back over to Atarxe.

The kid’s condition was something to be desired. He looked exhausted and pale – drawing Art to the conclusion that to be able to use that kind of energy was extremely straining. That was something he’d have to keep an eye out for if they were to continue any further.
‘How much rest do you need? Those... scientists. They know your location. It would be safe to keep moving, unless you know that they won’t come back.’ Art asked, stowing his weapons back into his coat.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

[9]

Postby Jaykobell » 07/17/2011 8:48 PM

An angel... how ironic. "An angel... I see," the kid simply said, not dwelling too much on it. Admittedly, he had never seen an angel — you couldn't say a lot of people had, really — but he wasn't too curious about it, necessarily, if only because Art seemed pretty passive about it all, giving Atarxe the feeling the "angel" didn't want to talk about it much.

The kid leaned against the stony wall as Art put his weapons away. The headache wasn't burning any less, but at least the feeling was even now. Not getting any better, but not getting any worse, either. He sighed slowly in an attempt to control the pain, and it actually alleviated the headache, even if only for a few seconds.
By then, Art had started speaking again. "I can move." He had to admit it wasn't as easy as it should be, but he could still move, even if in pain. He struggled to get on his feet, holding his balance by keeping a hand against the broken rocks. "Simply a headache... Like a pistol, if you run out of bullet... it's game over." And if Atarxe ran out of "brain power", so to speak... it would literally be game over for him. "It will gradually go away, and I will gradually recover..." How long it would take... the kid didn't know. "Not to mention... Where should we go?" Atarxe didn't know about Art... but the kid, himself, had no place to stay at this point in time.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [-- Compensation (PG-E/P)

Postby Redd » 07/28/2011 12:27 AM

‘I don’t know what I am.’ Art growled passively at the possibility that he was an angel. While, to him the odds were high considering his physical qualities – the wings, the ability to heal at a supernatural rate – but it would be a serious blow to his pride if he ever was one of those things. Not that is was the fact that something supernatural was behind his uniqueness; it was the fact there might be something holy in his blood that made him want to vomit.

Art gently nudged the head of one of the Shielupe, before turning around and considering Atarxe’s question. The half-angel himself had no permanent place to stay – he was hiding in Lya Pointa from Keening. He had seen what the insane Yonyuu-Human had done to his other half-brother Ransom, and had taken up the lifestyle of a nomad for his own safety. ‘I don’t know. We can always go for a wander and see if there’s anywhere to go.’ He replied, after a little. ‘If you’re up to it. We can take it slow.’

There was always things to do, people to harass and he’d be damned if he let some kid slow him down. But there was the possibility that if he kept moving, he’d encounter something worth skinning alive. Something human hopefully. That would always be fun.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff