Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Seeking Something New [Training, P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 3:39 AM

“Strange, that we should all arrive here at the same time,” The Mekka commented, looking curiously over at Laroo. “And you, Khimera?” Now his gaze slid to Charge as Laroo shifted away from the group, settling down with a regal grace that belied her size. “Who are you bound to?” Keen interest shone in the pupil-less eyes of the cursed beast, and he shifted the grass beneath his paws as he waited for an answer.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 3:39 AM

“I…” Charge hesitated, looking faintly torn. Beside him, Naasade nodded discreetly. “I too have a master. But I was never granted freedom. I was made to fight, created specifically for battle. I do not know of a life beyond this one. I only knew freedom after Naasade and I met. My master is a good man, and he allowed me to leave his side for as long as I wished.” The Mekka and Hunter looked faintly surprised, if the faint widening of their eyes was any indication.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 3:40 AM

“An interesting purpose,” the Mekka commented, his wings folding down along his back. “And you?” He turned to Laroo, and the Khimera followed his gaze. “What of your purpose and past, Hunter? Or do you, like all your kind, not hold one?” His words were spoken kindly enough, but there was a vicious undertone that had the Khimera shifting uncomfortably.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Laroo sniffed disinterestedly. “Don’t be rude, Mekkayena. You and I are descended from the same cesspool of lies and deceit. I’d rather you didn’t try to intimidate me with your vague undertones.” The Mekka looked taken aback, as did the Khimera. “As for my bonded…there is one among the menagerie, as you well know, who is bonded to my spirit.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“And what did you take from them?” Max asked, his tone less sharp. “It is well known that your kind must have something in return for your appearance and loyalty.” The Khimera looked surprised, as if they hadn’t considered something like that happening. “Is that what you really want to know?” Laroo asked coolly. “You surprise me, Mekkayena.”

[5/20, level up x 4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:27 AM

“Oh?” Max inquired blandly. “And how so? Do you mind explaining, Hunter?” He had purposely dispensed with the names, just as she had done before. “Because I’d love to hear it.” The Khimera both shifted subtly, muscles tensing as their gears turned. The hunter looked rather placid for such an intense conversation.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:27 AM

“I find it interesting that you would be asking at all.” The hunter turned her massive head, crystals glinting in the moonlight. “As a creature of Xai’re, shouldn’t you already know the answer? Or is there a malfunction in your head that renders you incapable of figuring it out on your own?” The Mekka bristled faintly, but his fur quickly lay flat, an amused expression crossing his face as the Khimera watched with growing unease.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:28 AM

“I am not a creature of Xai’re, Hunter. I may have the same body as they do, but I assure you, my origins lie in a very different place. So you can put that animosity to rest. We are not enemies here.” He dipped his head, and a mist began to swirl around his body as the outline of his fur became transparent and slowly began to disappear. Despite her impassive visage, the Hunter’s eyes widened slightly, and the two Khimera took a step back in surprise.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:30 AM

“I am not entirely alive, either,” The Mekka continued. “But I am not entirely dead. I supposed I am what is called a ghost. That would be the simplest explanation for what I am, though not the truest. I suppose you could call me…an immortal.” The Hunter’s eyes widened even more, and she leaned forward slightly, even as the Khimera exchanged confused look. “An immortal? It cannot be.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:32 AM

The Mekka nodded faintly. “A true immortal. I have been reborn countless times into the same type of body. This is my latest form, I suppose. Strange and unconventional, but it gets the job done. I have many memories of my past lives, though they are often jumbled and vague. I am having difficulty fully remembering who and what I am. I fear it is because the life I have been brought into was not complete.”
[5/25 level up x4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:39 AM

“Not complete?” Naasade asked as she and Charge finally relaxed and settled onto the grass. “What do you mean? Are you speaking of the mist that surrounds you, and the way your body flickers in and out of existence? I must say, I have never seen anything like it. It is strange to me.” She glanced at Charge and he nodded confirmation. The Mekka and Hunter were silent, even as the canine chewed over the words.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:40 AM

“I suppose you could say that. When I was reborn into this life, I was, unfortunately, not reborn completely. My soul is here, and so is my spirit and the residual energy it gives off, but I am afraid my body has failed to make a full appearance. Sometimes it’s here, and sometimes it isn’t. And it isn’t surprising, I suppose. The vessel I have been occupying for my countless rebirths has begun to grow quite old. It would not surprise me to find it was beginning to break down completely.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:43 AM

“Indeed,” Laroo replied placidly. “I find this…strange. If you are a true immortal, surely your body would not begin to break itself down?” Max nodded faintly, his eyes closing with easy acceptance. “I suppose you could say that. I assure you, I am a true immortal. However, I fear this body of mine has simply been used one too many times. I have a terribly difficult time keeping it together with each rebirth. And because of this, it is slowly destroying my memories. Even now, my last life is nothing but a fuzzy cloud of jumbled and broken images.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:43 AM

“Very intriguing,” The Hunter replied, looking intrigued. “Perhaps it is your soul that is beginning to break down, and without a proper soul in working order, your body is unable to maintain it’s constant state of reuse and rebirth. Like a wash cloth that has been used and cleaned too many times. Eventually, it must be thrown out.” She tilted her head as the Mekka and Khimera considered her words.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 04/15/2012 4:44 AM

“An interesting idea,” Max replied succinctly. “Perhaps you are right. If my soul is indeed in danger of breaking itself down, then perhaps I need to reconsider allowing myself to be reborn. Perhaps postponing a rebirth would allow my soul time to heal.” He glanced at Laroo, who was considering his words carefully. She seemed to be weighing an idea, and Max was interested to hear it.
[5/30, level up x 4]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext