Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

S2: MidnightDraconia and Talcen (Lya Pointa) M

Postby Middy » 05/23/2012 11:43 PM

This place seemed like a perfectly reasonable place to go hunt for eggs at, if that is why he even got that Easter egg hunt slot. To be fair, he had ulterior motives as always and coming here was fitting for what he really had in mind. Vester shivered in the chilled air of the cathedral using his senses to smell if there was anything else living around the area. So far he was left disappointed... this whole hunt thing seemed so silly, but after being in the war everything seemed to... insignificant.

He shifted to his human form and leaned against the cathedral, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Vhy was is so quiet around here? Isn't zhis place supposed to attract.. things? Bah, what a waste of time..." He walked to the entry of the building and was alarmed by a creak he heard behind him. He tried not to jump but his deep ingrained human instincts told him to be aware of his surroundings. Despite being a demon now he found these surfacing more and more. "Curse it..."

Vester shivered again and groaned at the wind stinging his skin. He would need to move on or at least seek shelter for now.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: S2: MidnightDraconia and Talcen (Lya Pointa)

Postby Kylo » 05/24/2012 12:03 AM

Xaviar looked down from his resting place when he heard someone enter. He had been sleeping peacefully while waiting for his next victim to stumble in for him to devour alive.He had obviously not of heard of this so called egg hunt that others were on and instead just wanted to kill, possibyl torture, and eat. He flitted down as a bat to inspect the newest arrival.

He seemed a little off to Xaviar when eh first noticed the Nazi armband. He had not seen one for decades and foudn it to be odd. Surely soldiers from those days were dead by now. He crept closer and sniffed carefully. He smelled old blood and lots of it. Deciding to risk it he crept back into the shadows to change to his more human form.

He walked out of the shadows up to the man smiling alomst too friendly like. "Are you lost?"

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/24/2012 1:25 PM

Vester turned around at the new voice still trying to keep his nervousness under control, he frowned back at the man who was giving him an obviously too friendly of a smile. He was the only person around though, and maybe if he played his cards right he could use him to find these "eggs" and kill him later. "Lost is a nice vay to put it..." he crossed his arms and keep that same stern look on his face, the same way he would look when issuing orders to underling soldiers. "So who are you? You don't look like you are from around here... obviously."

He shook his head and started to walk to the double doors of the cathedral to begin his search looking back to see if the other was watching him at all. "In case you are vondering, I am looking for something..." he growled to himself and pushed the doors open and walked inside to get out of the biting wind.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/24/2012 4:54 PM

He just continued to smile at the nazi not caring if the man was giving him a stern look or not. It wasn't like it matter to Xaviar when all he planned to do was eat him. "I am Xaviar Smith. And you would be?"

Xaviar foloowed the man through the double doors and watched him look around. Hmm maybe this one wouldn't be much fun as the last one...He mentally shrugegd and followed him around until he heard the man say he was searchign for something. "What would you be looking for in here? There's not much around besides rats and dust."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/24/2012 6:28 PM

"Vester Metzger," he replied taking a quick mental note of the other man's name. He really did like to remember the names of the people he killed, it sweetened their tormented souls just that much when he was through with them. When inside the cathedral he quickly looked around with a sneer, the place reeked of dust and rat droppings, much to what that Xaviar fellow said. He looked over his shoulder back at him a bit embarrassed at to tell him the truth that he was looking for 'Easter Eggs'.

Instead he would do what he did best. Lie. "I am searching for some... talismans. Zhey are highly decorated and in the shape of eggs," he continued on looking through the area to see if anything caught his attention.

((Metzger is a German surname meaning "butcher"))
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: S2: MidnightDraconia and Talcen (Lya Pointa) M

Postby Kylo » 05/25/2012 2:50 PM

Xaviar listened to the man's name but did not care much about it. It's not like the name would mean anything once he was dead. He began to look around for anything that seemed important until the man finally answered him on what it was he was searching for.

"Like easter eggs? How odd." Xaviar shrugged and just began to look around. He'd entertain Vester until he grew bored, though how long that might be was anyone's guess. He couldn't imagine there being anything of the sort that Vester was looking for here but looked around anyway.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/25/2012 4:33 PM

Vester continued scanning through the church underneath the pews and behind the dusty curtains, so far nothing. He walked over to the podium and spotted a book that was coated in dust, he made a face of disgust and blew on it, sending the particles flying everywhere. He tried not to cough as he inhaled some of the dust particles, instead he hastily opened the book and began flipping through it. He groaned when he found out that is was written in another language. 'Just perfect...'

He looked up from the book to peer at Xaviar, licking his lips while thinking of when would be a good time to attack and feast on the man. Vester could feel his stomach grumble but shook his head and looked back down at the book trying to focus on something else to ease his urge to kill so soon.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/25/2012 5:31 PM

Xaviar peered over Vester's shoulder to take a look at the book before sighing in boredom. He could not read it and thus found it, like Vester, to be boring. "I doubt you're going to find an egg in a book you know."

He looked around before spotting a rather large rat carry off an egg. "I think I found one of your talismans. That rat over there has it." he pointed towards the creature who was no struggling to get it through a crack in the floor boards. "If you hurry you might catch it."

He watched Vester for a little while longer before sighing. Yes this man was clearly not going to entertain him any so he may as well eat him soon.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/25/2012 5:46 PM

This man was already starting to get on his shattered nerves. He was about to knock him away and just attack him right then and there until he heard him speak up... something about a rat. .... A RAT!? Vester quickly looked over in the direction that Xaviar was pointing and sure enough, there was a rat with one of the Easter Eggs.

Vester leapt over to the rat trying to grab at it but fell over and landed on his chest, the rat just a few paces away from him. It looked at him for a moment cleaning itself and went back to working on the egg. He reached back out to it and frowned. Vester tried pulling himself up but soon found out that part of his uniform was hooked on a loose nail in the floorboards. "Oh just great!"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/25/2012 6:07 PM

Well it looked like he finally had the oppertunity he was looking for. "Sorry friend but this is the end of this little game. If only you had been more entertaining..." He grinned cruelly and changed into his more true form, that of a demonic bat.

He lunged at Vester and aimed for his neck with his razor sharp fangs screeching loudly. His wings pressed close to his body to prevent them from getting snagged on anything like the unfortunate man below him. he clawed at the unifrom in an attempt to reach his flesh below. Little did Xaviar know that what he was attacking was far from human...

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/25/2012 6:40 PM

Vester was confused by the man's words, but soon found it apparent when the next thing he knew he was pinned by a monstrous bat-like creature who was adamant about sinking its fangs in his neck and shredding his clothes so that he could rip off his flesh. 'Bastard creature! I knew I should have felt somezhing from him earlier!' he thought trying to kick the creature off of him. He knew if he wanted to get out of this situation then he needed to take his demon form, and quick.

Green fire enveloped Vester's body, quickly rising and dispersing as an equine figure emerged from it. His face resembled a normal horses' skull but was twisted into a permanent grin stretching up to where his ears should have been, an eerie green glow emitting from his eyes and mouth. His skin was ashen gray and taught around lean muscles, and his mane and tail were threads of black wispy hair. Vester raised his long bat-like wings up to try and throw the other off, kicking with his back hooves and clawing with his front claws, normally where hooves should have been.

Vester breathed a plume of acrid green fire at his assailant, then trying to twist his body so that he could wriggle away, the sound of his hollow spikes scraping across the ground. Hopefully this change would make the other back off to give him an opening for his own assault.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/25/2012 7:00 PM

Xaviar stretched his wings and flew back in surprise. He had not seen that coming at all and flew back a good ways to stare at the creature that had taken the place of the man. He screeched in anger at the deciet and watched him carefully. He did not want to get injured by the fire and thus kept himself at a distance. "Lying beast.......," he hissed. He hated that he had lost a chance at more food and wanted to hurt Vester for his tricks.

He screeched at Vester more as he looked for an opening to attack. He flew up as high as he could and waited before diving down quickly to slash at him.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 05/26/2012 1:37 AM

'Who vas he calling a lying beast! This crazy bat vas the one who started it!" Vester stamped his back hoof and anger and frustration when he saw Xaviar fly up high snorting wisps of green smoke up at him. Thin strands of liquid dripped from the corners of his mouth, which was residue from the toxic fire he blew earlier. He spread his wings at full length and reared up as Xaviar came down to deliver another blow to him. Vester could feel the cool air breeze past something wet on his neck and howled in anger. "Zhat bastard must have nailed me vhen I vas a human still..." viscous purple blood oozed from a bite wound on his neck and dripped to the floor.

Usually it was him who had the upper hand in most of his battles, emerging victorious without a mark on him but this... no he managed to actually get hurt this time. The mere thought had delivered a harsh blow to his pride, only making him more furious towards the creature who was attacking him. Vester swung his forehead horn at Xaviar, then reached up with his long front claws to try and smack him into the wall. Human or not he was determined to kill and eat this beast out of spite now.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate