Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

A Meeting of the Alike (Private, L?)

Postby Thunder » 06/02/2012 8:18 PM

(Human form, but he could change to Anthro if you prefer)

The cathedral towered over the purple-haired man. No one in their right mind would want to walk into the Lya Pointa Cathedral in the dead of night, lest they run into some kind of terrible creature, but Tai was never quite in the right mind. He was growling to himself, carrying a small ice pick in his hand. The sharp tip of the pick was covered in dark, dried blood. Someone, or something, had been hurt.

He pushed open the rotting wooden door and walked into the cathedral, letting the door slam shut behind him. The sound echoed throughout the empty church. The remains of a blue tinted stained glass window let in some moonlight, bathing the building with an eerie glow. Tai liked it.

"All these damn missionaries," the man snarled, seemingly talking to himself. "Trying to convert people to their silly little religions... They ought to know not to cross my path."

Ah, but they don't know what you are. It was a voice inside Tai that only he could hear, the voice of the demon that inhabited his body.

"Tch," Tai snorted. "I thought they would, with all these rumors about me flying around. But I suppose their dim human minds did not pick up on anything..."

He walked deeper into the dark cathedral.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: A Meeting of the Alike (Private, L?)

Postby Atoli01 » 06/02/2012 9:15 PM

Work was just so tiring! And all it ever was from lovely Mr. Devil was work, work, work! How many humans needed to be exterminated anyways?! Well no more! ...At least for today. I gently placed a hand on the door handle with a hushed sigh. This wasn't the first time that I had been to this place, but it never failed to amaze me. To think that measly humans -- with, what, a ninety year life span if they were lucky? -- could construct such places. Even I had to admit that it was breathtaking. Even though there were far more elaborate buildings at home.

Perhaps it was just the beauty, the fact that it was humans that made this place. Humans, the beings that I myself resembled. Besides my red eyes, of course. I had taken to them so much as of late, even going as far as painting my nails a light pink color. A light pink color that was just a bit darker than my short hair. However, there were still parts of me that were different -- such as my black outfit -- and always would be. The last outfit that most people ever saw. It looked normal on the outside; a simple black dress that poofed out at the bottom with tie-able straps like some swimsuits had. The only other things I wore with it were a pair of short black boots and a matching black ribbon on top of my head. According to some humans, it looked as if I was going to a funeral. In a way I was. But not right now.

I took a final glance at the outside of the building before pushing the large doors of the cathedral open. Nothing seemed out of place at first glance, though I still stuck by the door to help it close smoothly. All I was planning on doing was spending a couple hours resting here, although that changed when I took another look around the place. A human!

There was no way the being couldn't have heard me come in. With light, though quick steps, I made my way over to the being. A man, it seemed. A man with an ice pick in his hand. This place definitely wasn't known for the most mentally stable of visitors, but it never bothered me. It didn't bother me now. "Hello!" I needed at least a little something to entertain me! I'd take a mentally unstable human over a noisy middle school girl any day.

{Ah, it's fine~ ^ ^;; I prefer doing rps in human form. XD}}

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/02/2012 10:36 PM

Before Tai could quite step fully into the next room over, he heard the door open.

He wheeled around, snarling, holding out his ice pick, ready to fight. All his senses were on full alert now. Who could it be? Needless to say, he was surprised when he saw that it was just a girl. He narrowed his eyes at her and frowned when she began walking towards him. Normally people would run away from Tai. He was quite the unpleasant looking fellow, wearing a black and purple cloak that revealed his chest, which was wrapped up in a bunch of gray bandages. His arms, too, had quite a few bandages around them, and there was an eyepatch over one of his bright green eyes. His pants were brown, dirty, and tattered, and his cloak was beat up too, suggesting he did not have access to other garments. His dark purple hair was also fairly messy.

Tai gazed down upon the girl once she was right in front of him. "...You'd be wise not to speak to me," he growled, already irritated by her. He twirled the ice pick in his fingers. "Get out of my sight, or-"

One moment, Tai,
the demon spoke in his mind. Tai stopped spinning the ice pick and looked up at the roof, as if that was where the voice came from.

"What?" he hissed, not caring whether the stupid girl heard him talking to "himself".

This one is...different. Tai leered at the ceiling.

"Different? How?" he demanded.

She has some kind of power. Perhaps it would be safe not to judge her too quickly. Huffing in frustration, Tai returned his gaze to the girl. "...Who are you?" he growled.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/02/2012 10:54 PM

"Wise not to speak to you~? You'd be pretty wise not to pull anything funny!" I crossed my hands behind my back and mustered up a smile. Ice pick or scythe... he wouldn't want to find out who would win this one! We weren't supposed to use our scythes for anything besides reaping -- as it would kill the victim right away -- although appeals for self defense were easy to get for a reaper of my rankings. The second he moved that thing any closer, he would be that much closer to his death!

My thought, along with my recent concerns, were interrupted by his second bout of talking. There was obviously no one else here. Then again, no person swinging around an ice pick in the middle of a cathedral was exactly in the right frame of mind. I let my hands hang at my head and tilted my head slightly as I waited for him to finish talking. How diverse, how odd humans were!

At the result of his imaginary conversation however, a completely bored expression flashed across my face. "Why don't you just talk to that... little voice or whatever you have in your head? I'll only give you ooone hint," I held up one finger in front of him, while I placed my other hand on my hip. "I can take away your life faster than you can count to this number!" I knew the smile that was displayed upon my face was a little less than natural for such words, but I was a reaper. Lives didn't phase me. They come and go like the wind.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/03/2012 2:19 PM

Tai was not amused at all. The nerve! he thought to himself, his expression filled with aggravation. Anger was flaring up inside him. Maybe if I moved fast enough... He began twirling his ice pick again

Unwise, his demon insisted. Tai let out a loud snarl that echoed throughout the mostly-empty cathedral. Sometimes he really wished his companion would shut up.

"You know," he spat at the girl, "maybe I should just let you kill me. That way my little...friend would keep quiet." The demon started laughing in his mind. Tai really did hate the creature sometimes. Although the demon gave him his supernatural strength and allowed him to feel emotions like a human, he felt that he'd be driven to complete insanity someday.

She is telling the truth though, the demon went on. She could kill you very quickly...that is, if you had a true soul.

"Well thank God I don't have one," Tai muttered, looking down at the ground now. He said it quietly, but it was loud enough to be heard in the silent cathedral.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/03/2012 4:55 PM

"Oh, I don't go around killing people for no reason! So I'll just make it..." In a split second, my scythe was out and through the handle of the pick. The sharp object echoed within the nearly quiet cathedral as it made contact with the ground. I kept the scythe still, just inches away from the guy's face. "I'll just make it so I don't have a reason to kill you! Now, what were you saying about this friend? It has to be some voice in your head, right~? I've never met a human who's actually that insane!" I let a small giggle escape my lips as I continued staring at him. That scythe wasn't going anywhere for right this minute.

I made the choice to simply ignore his recent conversation with himself. I had no idea what it was that he 'didn't have,' but that didn't really concern me at the moment. Rather, my real concerns were directed at the whole situation in general. Some guy wandering in a cathedral in the dead of night, swinging an ice pick around and talking to himself. Granted, it all made me a little confused. I would never let on to that, though.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/07/2012 2:11 PM

The girl suddenly moved. Having been blessed with unusually fast reactions by his demon, Tai was quick enough to move just out of the way of the scythe, but his ice pick went flying and hit the ground somewhere nearby. The man let out a loud snarl, glaring at the girl angrily.

See? The demon was practically laughing at him. I told you not to underestimate her.

"Shut up!" Tai shouted. His anger seemed directed at both the girl and his demon.

She seems to be a reaper, the demon went on. That would explain why she can take that scythe out of nowhere... You don't have much of a soul she can reap, Tai, but it may or may not do some damage to me. You'd best be careful if you don't want to lose me.

"Sometimes I want to lose you..." Tai was muttering again now, though his green eyes still blazed with fury. He stared at the girl again. "My 'friend' is none of your business," he hissed. His eyes darted towards the scythe for a second. "So...you're a reaper, eh?" He was ready to move again if he had to, but he really wanted his ice pick back in case he had to fight...

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/07/2012 2:54 PM

"Well, considering that your little 'friend' is obviously... somehow... part of this conversation, I'd rather say that it is my business." I sighed, but didn't let my guard down for a single second. With how fast he had moved, I was beginning to think that it wouldn't be the best idea to. I had confidence that I would still be able to defend myself if worst came to worst, but I really wasn't looking for it to come to that.

I knew the answer to his question obviously, but I was so occupied with my own questions that it took me several seconds to come to. "And you're not human, are you? My status as a reaper isn't really a secret. I just... usually have no need to show it." Although I suppose my rather unnatural obsession--as I've heard some call it--with humans could tip some off that I wasn't exactly normal. By any standards. But I couldn't help it! Isn't it only natural to be interested in what you didn't know everything about?

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/11/2012 10:59 PM

Tai leered at the girl's nosiness. How dare she think it is her business! he hissed to himself mentally.

Then again,
the demon interrupted, you're not exactly keeping my existence a secret in this conversation. You might as well tell her about me. Maybe she might even stop messing with you.

"Whatever," Tai muttered to the demon. He gazed at the reaper girl coldly. "You'd be right. I'm not a human... I am a shell made to look like a human. I used to serve a man, you see..." He slowly walked over to his ice pick, picking it up, but never taking his eyes off of the girl. "...until I murdered him with this." He returned to his original spot, holding up the ice pick. An eerie smile slowly crept onto his face. "I had no true emotions back then, nor did I have any powers...but I'm different now. Thanks to my...friend that you're so interested in." Tai let out a low, dark laugh. "Too bad you can't meet him though...he's inside of me. I wonder, little miss reaper, if you can guess what kind of being he is." Tai began twirling the ice pick around again, though he made no move to hurt the girl.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 06/11/2012 11:29 PM

Well, I wasn't sure if my guess would be right, but I guess it was. I suppose that's why they called it a lucky guess. You see, my original theory was that if he had some multiple personality disorder, then that voice inside his head would also be him and therefore share the same knowledge. Only other demons or angels really had a sense for picking up on each other, so it would make sense if he was a demon. However, that theory was shot down the second he began talking.

"An empty shell... Huh... How strange!" I muttered to myself with the slightest hint of enthusiasm. He definitely wasn't your average human. Between my own thoughts and the man's explanation, I almost missed his question. I only thought for a second or two before answering him, my mind floating back to my original theory. "Well if you're not a demon, then he must be, right! That would explain why he could sense what I was, anyways..." My scythe disappeared as I crossed my arms in front of my chest, thinking about it a bit more.

I took a couple steps close to him with a small grin on my face. "Marin. My name's Marin. You two seem interesting. Keep me entertained longer than a regular human at least!"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/01/2012 7:25 PM

(OOC: Oh gosh, sorry for the late post x.x Muse died for a while.)

Tai's bright green eyes glistened in the darkness. It seemed that he had only made the reaper more intrigued. The revelation that he was a murderer didn't even faze her, though he supposed that as a reaper, she was accustomed to the concept of death.

"Yes, girl, you'd be correct," he said. "My friend is indeed a demon. As irritating as me might be, I cannot permit you to hurt him. He helped me kill my old master, after all, so I owe it to him." Tai felt a little wave of contentment come from the demon upon speaking the words. He relaxed slightly as the reaper put away her scythe, hoping that was a sign that she might leave him alone now, but he frowned again when the girl just stepped closer and introduced herself.

"I didn't exactly come here to make friends," Tai hissed, leering down at her. "Even if you think I'm interesting, I have no intention of entertaining you, Marin." He hoped that she would get the message soon and leave, but he had the feeling that Marin would stick around just to agitate him.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 07/05/2012 2:55 PM

Just as I suspected! Or begun to suspect several seconds ago, anyways. I blankly nodded here and there as I listened closely to his explanation. I had never once seen--or for that matter, even heard of--a creature like him. I suppose by all respects he could be considered a demon, but at the same time... not. It was intriguing. What did he inherit from the demon? Did the demon control him more than he controlled himself? What was the demon like anyways?

So overall... what was this guy like, with the influence of the demon? "Well even if you have no intention of entertaining me, you're still gonna do it!" I crossed my hands behind my back and willed my scythe back out, certain that he could see it still. And with the sweetest smile I could muster, I leaned towards him a little and added, "You said you didn't want your demon friend hurt, right?"

I had no problem lowering myself to petty threats in this case. There wasn't any way that I was going to let this guy get away. Not now that I knew what he was! "Tell me, what's your name?" I asked, stepping back a little.

{{It's fine~ Don't worry about it. :3}}

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/16/2012 4:38 PM

Tai scowled when he saw the scythe reappear behind her back. Persistent little girl, isn't she? his demon commented, in an almost laughing manner. You're not getting rid of this one easily, Tai.

"Whatever," the artificial man responded. Whether the words were directed at Marin or the demon, even he wasn't sure, but it didn't really matter in any case. "Fine, I'll...'entertain' you then, Marin." The smile the reaper was giving him was excruciatingly annoying. "If you don't mind wandering this empty, dark cathedral, that is. I have no intention of leaving this place right now."

He turned to face a passage connecting the room they were in to another, and his dark cloak whipped around with him. "If you really want my damn name, it's Tai," he replied. With that, Tai began strolling towards the corridor briskly, not waiting for Marin to catch up.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate