Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

The Destroyer Rises {Done}

Postby Akida » 10/06/2012 6:56 PM

The trees trembled and shook violently as the winds blew over and through them. The moons of Evelon were preparing to line up. The winds kept the night sky busy, bringing and driving away clouds. Dark, rain-heavy clouds moved slower than their lighter counterparts. The shadows they cast below them were as dark and ominous as the clouds themselves. At certain points, one would swear the darkest parts of the shadows shifted and writhed. Tonight wasn't the ideal night for any nocturnal activity. That is, unless one were up to no good...

Many of the sane Evelonians were safe in their homes. Dens, caverns, houses and hotels were all closed for the night. Not many souls would brave this brewing storm. None of the permanent residents near the cathedral could be found. From the moment the sun had set, all creatures sprinted, flew or hopped to a hiding place. The occasional rustle of under brush could be heard but not for long as the sound would suddenly stop. It was like something muted the disturbance or the creature had found its hiding place.

One steady beat did not stop though. Someone was treading through this area with purpose. Most likely the owner of those footsteps was up to no good.....and he wasn't. He was seething inside. All of his pent-up jealousy and rage could be felt. Red eyes glowed faintly in the darkness. A break in the clouds. The moons shined on the shielupe below as he made his way up the no longer grand stairs of the cathedral. The spikes on the collar around his neck glimmered faintly. A flash of lightning and the roll of thunder seconds after signalled the rain to start. It came suddenly in pouring showers the moment D'karth entered the darkness of the cathedral. On this night, Lya Pointa definitely drew the darkness to it. As the rains poured outside and water dripped through cracks and holes in the ceiling, D'karth had already lit the first of many candles at the altar. He had to blow off dust and brush away cobwebs for each candle. The warmth of the fires gradually grew but he did not care. He was there for a purpose and that purpose would be served tonight.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Re: The Destroyer Rises

Postby Akida » 10/07/2012 12:40 AM

He finished lighting the last of the candles and took a few steps back to survey his work thus far. He seemed pleased with his arrangement. The wax of the candles had already begun to run. D'karth stood in the center of the altar facing the burning candles and began a low murmur of a chant that was supposed to summon something to do his every dark deed without question.

He had been researching and experimenting for quite some time with many summoning spells he'd managed to collect throughout the years. He finally got a promising lead to a shady little tent in the middle of nowhere. The spell did not come cheap and he'd sold a few of his house mates and a cup of blood to trade for this spell. The ugly creature promised him that he would not be sorry with the results. D'karth had no time to go back on his trade, for as soon as they shook paw and claw the creature and all his belongings disappeared in a sudden swirl of violent wind and debris. The moment he got home was no different. With the exception of an important log, the others he'd sold were gone without a trace. It were almost as though they never existed.

His chanting rose and fell like the rains outside shifting in the strong winds. The water dripping within the cathedral seemed to pick up the tempo too.  Over and over the shielupe repeated the dark incantation. He noted the flickering of the candles each time he'd finished one repetition. Suddenly the candles went out but he continued. This time he drew out the words and phrases. The old cathedral seemed to be responding to the vile words. The trees nearest banged the walls and windows. The darkest of shadows seethed and writhed. He was doing something alright, but the moment he began to ask himself what, the candles all lit up in a blaze. He'd broken one of the main rules: "Never enter the darkness with unsurity. Things will go wrong and you will suffer the consequences."

Outside, a very loud and very angry roar resounded. It shook the trees more than the wind, the earth trembled and even the rain faltered. The clouds quickly cleared out of the sky revealing two burning moons and a star speckled sky. The strong winds gave way to gentle breezes. The first hint of life echoed in the rain-soaked forest. Tree frogs rejoicing in the moisture happily sang with a loud "Ko-kee!"

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 10/07/2012 11:18 AM

There is something to be said about a series of events happening at the right, or wrong, moment. Sometimes it seems like one lead to another. In D'karth's case....it was all coincidence. He just happened to choose the very same night to try his spell as the world of bad deeds and thoughts gave rise to the Destroyer. His awakening roar, to a naïve creature, was the signal of life to begin. The animals in the trees nearby did come to life after all. The angry winds calmed to soothing breezes, the rain and thunder and lightning went away taking their parent clouds with them. The night  sky seemed extra bright and beautiful. It sparkled with shimmering stars, the chorus to the odd moons which were aligned perfectly with Evelon.

D'karth was sitting in the run down cathedral. He was pleased with himself and patiently awaited the fruits of his labor. He was on edge with the hunger to find out what his new servant would look like. The candles flickered gently behind him as a light breeze came through the cathedral. Red and black wax pooled and cooled at their bases. As he sat waiting, the shielupe decided he would look over some notes he'd taken the time to make beforehand. He focused on the scroll so he could avoid becoming impatient.

Outside, the faint sound of a metallic whistling noise grew to a loud screech. It was something like a bomb falling but very different. The figure seemed to appear out of an "empty" patch of space, its large shadow below growing rapidly. A flash of bright silver was followed by a faint glimmer of red. The beast descended with a purpose. With a vengeance. His roar almost deafening and powerful. The trees trembled and shed their leaves in fright. The forest creatures were once again silenced. The Destroyer had arrived and his first order of business was, well, destruction.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 10/10/2012 2:55 PM

The black dragon noticed the faint light in the cathedral and flew down toward it. His great silver wings reflecting like polished metal in the moonlight. Although he was large, he landed almost silently at the great steps. He folded in his sharp, reflective wings and proceeded into the worn building. His fiery tail shown like a witchlight of sorts, the silver flames staying obediently on their source. His blood red markings were simple, but fit his hide nicely. Red eyes peered into the cathedral as he ducked and entered. A low, rumbling growl echoed when he saw a small figure sitting in front of the candles.

He wasn't expecting something so...gigantic. His heart pounded either in fear or joy when the creature's growl shook him. He smiled his sinister smile and stood. Looking up at the dragon, who's eyes would kill if they could, he cleared his throat and spoke with a commanding tone.
"Welcome to Evelon. I am D'karth and I am your master. I have summoned you here to serve me and do my every bidding."

The giant lowered his head and turned it to the side to see the creature below properly. At his words he growled once again, cutting off the shielupe. With a deep rumbling voice, he spoke.
"Do you know who I am fool? I am the one born of all that is dark and cruel. I am Gregori the Destroyer!"
With each word his voice rose and the cathedral actually shook at the end as if it was affected by the dragon's speech.

D'karth stood staring at the giant before him. He had no immediate words. Inside, his heart was racing. He was thinking that this would be the end of his dark existence.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 10/14/2012 2:23 PM

D'karth visibly shivered for a few moments. It was obvious to him, now, the spell had not worked. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and he was going to pay for it. The Destroyer. He turned the words over in his mind while staring into the large red eyes eyes. Maybe begging for his life and for forgiveness would spare his tainted soul. The simple thoughts of everything that happened up to this point were no longer simple. The worst of ideas floated around in his mind and this showed visibly in the form of his shivers.

The giant that stood before the shivering shielupe straightened himself, only to have the horns on his head chip and crack the ceiling above. The bits that fell off rained down on the shivering shielupe. He was obviously terrified and no doubt aware of his wrong. Gregori, however had instantly thought up a plan which included sparing the pathetic creature below.
His deep voice boomed in the confines of the church, "You could be of use to me.. You will be my servant. You will not question me and you will do my every bidding. I am sparing your pathetic life so that you can make something of yourself in my name..." The great dragon paused and a hiss lingered over his next words, "If you ever disappoint me there will be consequences. If you ever defy me...... Gregori lowered his head once more. Something silvery was brewing in his jaws. "I will destroy you." With that, some of the silver liquid in his mouth drizzled over a few of the remaining pews in the cathedral. Not a moment later, they began to smoke and rot away where the fluid had touched them.

Seeing and understanding all of this, D'karth cowered and nodded with vigor. He wasn't one to choose death over life. Not for anything or anyone. He was a selfish one and wished harm on all but himself. He didn't know exactly what to do so he bowed and after a short thought answered, "Y-yes..your greatness..."
A dark smile came across his maw, white fangs glistening in the candlelight. "Excellent. Your first task is to announce my presence to the world. Go now while I can still curb my appetite..."

D'karth didn't hesitate and ran out of the cathedral. This job would take some time but at least he could try to gather his thoughts. The dragon watched as his newfound servant disappeared behind the trees.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 10/14/2012 2:41 PM

He took a claw to his shoulder and in the process of removing one of the thicker scales he drew a bit of blood. It was more like a thick, black semi-liquid. He held the scale in the palm of his claw and brought it up to his snout. He breathed a short incantation over it. The scale contracted and expanded in certain parts until a little black creature was formed. It opened its lids revealing stunning green eyes. The thing stretched as if just waking from a long sleep.
"Follow him, my child, and guide him back to me when his task is complete."
The tiny creature nodded as Gregori lowered his claw to the ground. The creature leapt off of his claw and melted into the shadows.

He then spread his massive silver wings and rose onto his hind legs. The paragon broke his way out of the cathedral's ceiling. Large and small chunks of wood and stone along with dust and water fell into the isles below. He climbed his way onto the roof, his tail lighting everything that wasn't wet on fire. He stood on the crumbling roof for a moment and let out a loud, angry-sounding roar. The creatures in the nearby forest burst into a flurry of panic. Some of the sleeping birds took to the air while the wingless creatures dived into the nearest holes and bushes. The great paragon took to the air with one strong stroke of his wings. He flew straight up into the air then looked down at the partly burning church. Without much thought he flew away from the scene, pleased with the destruction he'd wrought.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate