Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: -A Haunted Halloween Hootenanny- (OPEN to all!)

Postby kabuto_rocks » 10/16/2012 12:03 PM

ImageImage
"Isn't this just the best party ever?" The Kuhna was actually jumping up and down in delight-no mean feat considering the ghost costume she was wearing. It was a miracle she hadn't tripped over her sheet, hastily grabbed from her owner's closet and customized with uneven eyeholes. All that was visible of her was a pair of amber eyes and the slight trickle of toffee on the floor that seemed to leave a trail wherever she went.

"We've only just arrived Lyana." The Myuu Reaper rolled her eyes, gazing at her friend with some amusement. She was finding it awfully difficult to be successfully sarcastic in the bumblebee outfit she had chosen to wear. It was really just an old stripy sweater, a flimsy pair of wings and some antennae, but at least she had put more thought in than the Kuhna had. Lyana hadn't wanted to dress up at all until Requiem had insisted she did. Apparently 'Halloween Kuhnas don't need costumes' but if she had to look ridiculous then she was going to make sure her friend look ridiculous too.

"Yes, but just look at all the food!" She tried to raise a paw to gesture at the mountains of spooky treats, but all she succeeded in doing was almost tripping up again. Requiem glanced up curiously, readjusting the antennae which kept on falling over her eyes. She may have been uncomfortable in her outfit and surrounded by complete strangers, but even she had to admit the party looked good. Not just the food (although it was indeed appetizing) but the decorations, the atmosphere, even the other guests. It had the promise of something amazing.

"Enough drooling," the Myuu Reaper announced, grabbing Lyana's arm as best she could through the sheet, "Time to socialize. We don't know anyone here so we're going to have to work extra hard. Don't make a bad first impression by being a pig."

"Fine." Lyana agreed miserably, throwing one last glance at the feat. One small snack wouldn't hurt right?

{1/5, 1, 1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/16/2012 12:23 PM

"Uh-oh." Lucinda patted Alek's head, and lead his eyes in the direction of some of the guests. "Looks like we have a costume conflict of interest, love." Two of the guests had dressed up in the same Phantom of the Opera getup. From the looks of things, it looked like the Wockee-r one of them had taken notice of his Diosol-y competition, and he seemed a bit frustrated. "Dear me. Should one of us go and talk to him? Not everyone understands. People can dress up in similar costumes; we don't force people to be different, darling."

"Let's watch and observe," Alek said. "If he makes a move towards the other guest, then we'll act. But if we go now, we could risk making him angry if he thinks we're condescending to him."

"Oooh! Of course! You're so smart, darling." She planted a kiss on his cheek that made his pale gray-green fur prickle.

He grinned a bit too brightly while welcoming a a Rabbot. "Welcome! You have a very nice costume. It looks very realistic," he complimented. Using real clothes always lent a certain realism to costumes, since they weren't made with costume fabrics.

Meanwhile, Armin heard a splash. He looked away to see a small Anera, making a perfect three-point-landing in the punch bowl.

"MY PUNCH!" Armin dashed over, as if he'd just seen one of his dear friends hurt. "Oh, no...! I can't serve this noe! I--MOM! I'M GOING TO GO FIX SOME MORE PUNCH!" Armin lifted up the bowl with a psychic hand, scampering off to parts unknown. Parts unknown where there was presumably a kitchen.

Ofelia barely noticed. She was so wrapped up in her Tarot card idea, she was still following Odellia around.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/16/2012 4:34 PM

(OOC: Holy moly you people post fast D8)

Odellia was delighted that people had noticed her right away. Then again, it wasn't too hard to notice her and her bright pink scales. She grinned at Scarletti and Ofelia as they came over. "Of course, you may use my services!" she chirped. "And yes, I do actually have a degree of psychic power." Here, she gestured at Ofelia. "It's not quite the same as yours, and while I do not use tarot cards, I have something even better!" The Lusikross paused for some dramatic effect and lowered her voice to a whisper, leaning closer to the two Lucain. "I...can look into your minds, and I can help you with your problems based on what I see there!"

In the other part of the room, Azrael smiled at "Sherlock". It was always quite fun to try to actually be the character you were dressed up as, although Azrael had not worn any costumes in a while. It was ironic, though, since his current outfit really was that of a reaper...and he certainly wasn't pretending to be one. He wouldn't say that out loud in public, though, as he didn't want to alarm anyone. "Yes, I am being a reaper," he confirmed. "I'm doing very well this evening, thank you. What about you, Mr. Holmes?"

When Kitani came over, Azrael turned and beamed at her compliment, even though, again, it wasn't quite a costume. "Thank you, Miss Kitani. I must say you're looking nice as well. You're pretty angelic tonight." He playfully winked at her and then turned to address the two of them. "The name is Azrael, by the way. I'm pleased to meet you both."

Jade had been regarding all the people and decorations fondly when suddenly Armin screamed out of nowhere. She let out a little squeak and jumped a bit in surprise, nearly dropping her wand in the process. She turned just in time to see him rush out of the room with the punch, and she couldn't help but giggle at the comical scene. Thinking of the punch made her hungry, so she walked over to the refreshments and ended up next to a Rabbot. "Hey!" she greeted, turning to him. "I really like your costume! I'm Jade Harley, who are you?" She quickly grabbed a chocolate chip cookie from a plate and munched on it, waiting for the Rabbot's reply.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Akida » 10/17/2012 6:05 AM

(Oh mai! Aki shall generalize all ze newcomers as it is 6am and she has had NO sleep .__. )

Scarletti didn't quite notice any new guests arriving and joining the fun as she was wrapped up in her excitement. Ofelia and Odellia both were wonderful creatures in her mind. Speaking of which, when the lusicross said she could see into mother's minds, Scarletti jumped at the chance for some fun.
"Is that so? Do tell what is on my mind." She said this with a smile and sparkles in her eyes. For a lady, she was rather unique being intrigued by fortune tellers.

Kitani blushed and giggled at Azrael's compliment.
"Why thank you kind sir," she said in a way Scarlet would have said. "You know," she began with a grin, "We're in the same profession you and I." She winked at him. Him being a reaper and all was great as she would guide the good souls to a bright afterlife.

Ra'ire flinched away when the Anura landed in the punch bowl. That pretty much separated him from his newfound friend for an unknown amount of time. He watched as the lucain hurried away with the bowl of punch. He was temporarily full so he stopped eating for the while and actually looked at the others who'd join the party. So many different costumes: pirates, a bumblebee had just walked in with a ghost, angels, reapers...
"What's this?"
He looked from character to character. Operatic phantoms yes but each different in his or her own way. Ra'ire shrugged and figured someone was bound to dress alike. With that put behind him, he made his way to the dance floor and decided to work off the great food.

His suit of armor shined in the light as he clanked and clanged on the dance floor. He didn't really care if anyone decided to join in or not. At least Kitani and Scarletti would see he was there for more than just the food...although, that was the major in his reasons.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Kylo » 10/17/2012 11:11 AM

"I am doing well too." Talcen nodded and smiled a little bit when a kuhna angel came over. "Thank you," he replied when the angel complimented him on his costume. "I like your costume as well." He ate a few more pieces of candy and smiled polite. "I'm Talcen. It's nice to meet you both as well." He'd offer to shake hands but since they were kuhnas it would be a bit difficult for him as he was human. In fact he wondered if he was the only human there. So far he had only seen animals.

He looked up as something splashed into the punch bowl and giggled as it was carried off quickly. It seemed an anera was the cause. He had honestly never seen one before, but knew enough about them to recognize one. He wondered why it would choose to splash into the punch of all places. Oh well it was none of his business what the other guests did as long as it wasn't hurting himself or others.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/17/2012 10:44 PM

"Oh, cool! Another telepath!" Ofelia was clearly enchanted with Odellia. She didn't meet many other psychics. At least not real ones. She saw the adds for the silly fortune tellers all the time--just like the ones Odellia was dressed up as, in point of fact. "You should look into my mind." With that said, Ofelia began to focus her mind on one thing. After a bit of mental searching, she concentrated on the thing she'd had for breakfast that morning. Cream cheese danish... cream cheese danish!

Her naturally-recptive family all chuckled. "Oh, dear!" Lucinda said. Alek heard it with a smile, but he was instead approaching Talcen. He noticed the man seemed to be lost in thought. "Worried about sticking out; a man in a sea of beasts? I can understand. My children can all take on human form, but my wife and I never had the talent. We feel like the odd ones out ourselves, sometimes."

Armin hadn't yet returned with more punch. If the guests got thirsty, they might have to wait a while...

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/18/2012 6:17 AM

Gabriel smiled at the encouragement from the host, but his grimace soon returned as he saw the room fill up. It's not that he didn't like people, he just... didn't usually fit in. He wondered where Mr I-Mustn't-Remove-My-Mask had gone for a moment, and thought he spotted him over by the place the punch bowl had previously occupied. Sighing, he made his way over only to notice that the Phantom he was approaching was a 'wockee, not a diosol. He frowned at this even more; Lloyd would either have a fit, or he would try to cajole this other phantom into some phantom-esque high-jinks. Knowing what could happen, Gabriel shuddered; one phantom was bad enough!

He reached the 'wockee, and was about to speak, when he was suddenly interrupted; "Good evening sir. May I have the pleasure of making your aquaintance?" Lloyd had joined them.

Lloyd had looked over the room again, searching for someone to talk to, and had spotted his fellow phantom. He hoped that things would go smoothly, and perhaps they could have a little fun together. He had approached in his silent way to see Gabriel about to speak, and had interrupted, much to his own amusement. He loved winding Gabriel up, and just because they were at a party didn't mean he would make an exception.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Indigo » 10/18/2012 8:25 PM

High up on a wall where she could observe the party, Queenpin smiled to herself. That guy had been so upset about the punch! She'd expected a few people to complain about being splashed, or something, but nothing so...dramatic. Maybe she could do something else to provoke a similar reaction. She wasn't much of a talker, but she'd probably come down from the wall soon anyway, so she might as well have some fun.

"Oh, uh...I'm Daz Kowell. Short for Dazzle, unfortunately. Nice to meet you, Jade." He smiled. "I like your costume." It was certainly better than his; you could tell what she was, and it was a good witch hat. Daz shuffled his feet, and scooped up some of the melon eyeballs. He felt responsible for the mess Queenpin had made of the punch, since it had been mainly his idea to bring her; she could be a lot of fun in certain circumstances, but apparently this wasn't one of them. Maybe the guy would come back soon and he could apologize.

Monk drifted. She kept an eye out for Queenpin, in case the Anera tried something else. She'd told Daz they shouldn't bring the thing, but he never listened.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/18/2012 10:56 PM

Where he appeared from was as mysterious as where he vanished to, but Armin was back and with punch in psychic hand. This new punch glistened a truly menacing blood-red color, almost guaranteed to strain tongues and fake vampire fangs. (Possibly real vampire fangs too, given how diverse Evelon's residents were.) "Alright! More punch. This should be good." He gently deposited the full bowl on the table. His psychic hand nudged it left and right, making sure it was exactly the right distance from the gravestone petit fours and licorice spiders for optimal presentation. When it was perfectly in place, he sighed. "There! Perfect." Then he nudged it a micron too far when his sister's "Cream cheese danish!" thought broadcast caught him unawares.

Lucinda put her nose up to the sky. "Hmmm... something smells like mischief here, darling." But Alek was off trying to engage with Talcen-the-lone-human. She sighed, and her eyes flickered between the lurking Anura and the possible Phantom-confrontation coming.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 10/18/2012 11:06 PM

Odellia was pleased that the two girls seemed to believe her right away, though as Ofelia had psychic abilites herself, it was probably easier for her to accept it. Many times people thought Odellia was a quack...though as soon as she started analyzing their thoughts without them saying anything, they started to lose their disbelief. "All right then!" she exclaimed. She gestured at Scarletti, who had requested her service first. "I shall begin with you."

The Lusikross shut her eyes and hummed to herself slightly as she focused on Scarletti's mind. Reading thoughts was a very unique process. Everything appeared as pictures- or even just colors- to Odellia. She didn't often use her other senses while analyzing the subconscious, though really, she didn't need to. Right now, Scarletti was a swirl of bright, vivid hues.

"Hm," she said, opening her eyes back up. "It seems like you've been really enjoying yourself, though I doubt it takes a psychic to see that!" Odellia winked at her playfully. "Though I saw...a hint of embarrassment! Did you, by any chance, fall victim to a little prank before I arrived here?" Next, Odellia looked at Ofelia and scanned her mind. "My, so much food all around us right now and you're thinking of breakfast? Well, I can't blame you...danishes are pretty tasty!"

Azrael laughed with Kitani. "Ahh, are we now?" he chuckled. "I suppose we are rather alike." Where he came from, angels didn't quite have the same job as reapers, but they did help souls in their own way. "And thank you, Talcen. Is there any reason you really like Holmes, by the way?"

Jade giggled at Daz's compliment. "Thank you! I love dressing up for things like this. Sometimes my friends joke about me being too old for Halloween, but you know what? They secretly love it too! Do you ever hear that from anyone?"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 10/19/2012 12:22 AM

Realizing he now officially had company by the punch bowl that had been replaced, Erik straightened up and momentarily glowered at Lloyd. "Competition, hmm? Is that a replica of this outfit or legitimate?" he questioned rather rudely, then he remembered he was here to try to have a bit of fun and socialization at least.

"Apologies monsieur. You are currently speaking to Monsieur Erik...people also tend to call Erik the 'Opera Ghost' or 'Phantom of the Opera'. It is of Erik's utmost pleasure to meet you." Finishing his little introduction, he gave a slight bow out of courtesy. It was still so strange to feel so furry and with a tail when in his Wockee form in this world. Hence why he preferred being in himself, as a human, not really knowing how to change forms easily anyways. Letting out a slight huff, he shook his head and let the frown he always had settle back into his expression. Of course they couldn't see it considering the full mask that he always wore.

(( OOC: Apologies if this is a sucky post for grammar and such...it's kind of late and I'm tired. I can fix it if anyone is desperate and picky about it. XD ))
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Akida » 10/19/2012 11:34 PM

Scarlet was smiling when Odellia started to concentrate on her thoughts. Her smile grew brighter when she heard the lusicross' answer.
"Why yes! I am enjoying this party! I was pranked earlier by our friend here."
She looked at the lucain beside her and smiled, "I agree. Danishes are wonderful treats."

Kitani grinned at him, "Yes we are. You take the souls of those whose times are up and I guide the good ones to a lovely place."
She saw when Ra'ire hit the dance floor and giggled to herself quietly as Talcen introduced himself.
"Thanks. I thought it was a bit plain. You see, I was more worried about Miss Scarlet over there so I gave her my costume idea and fixed her up!" She beamed as she indicated the lucain in the glittering mask and beautiful colored wings. She was proud of her sparkling and colorful work.

Ra'ire "boogied" his way around the cathedral and started making his way toward the table. Oh how the delicious foods beckoned him and Armin had returned with a new bowl of fresh blood punch. Ra'ire was starting to get thirsty once he thought of the food. He continued his dance toward the banquet,still clinking and clanking with every move. He was pretty sure he had the noisiest costume here thus far.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Freezair » 10/20/2012 1:40 AM

"A quack! Ha!" Ofelia laughed. "I find it difficult to believe that anyone could disbelieve you. Even empirical women of science like myself should have trouble missing all the strange phenomena in Evelon. The evidence is everywhere! Certainly, a person changing from a human to a dragon and back by force of will is just fine, but psychic power? Unacceptable!" And, just for fun, Ofelia sent out a large, psychic "Boo!" into the party. Anyone with a sufficently open mind ought to hear it, psychic or no. Hopefully she'd make a few people jump!

Armin, his punch bowl set, tromped up behind Jade to answer her question. "Too old for Halloween? Never! People think Halloween is just dressing up and begging for candy. But who doesn't like getting into costume? And there's so much more to it than that! There's scary movies, and decorating with monsters, and getting to do all that fun creepy stuff you never get to do otherwise! Oh, and treats. Lots and lots of treats." He licked his lips.

Lucinda watched the phantom-on-phantom conversation intently. "Oh dear. He really does seem to think he's the Phantom, darling! ...Perhaps he is. We've had odder figures stumble into this world, haven't we. Should we humor him, darling? I think he seems harmless enou--darling?"

But Alek had wandered off on his own somewhere. Oh dear. Who knew what he'd get up to "in the wild..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 10/20/2012 2:59 PM

"People are always trying to tell me I'm too old for Halloween!" Daz replied. "I think it's silly. I haven't done much dressing up for a couple years because I've been busy, but when I heard about this party I asked for a day off. Uh, these things are always a lot of fun." Well, not quite--he'd been to a couple of boring Halloween parties in the past--but this wasn't like that.

Oh, he'd gotten more punch! Excellent, now she had something to do if she ran out of ideas; always good to have a backup plan. But for now perhaps she could freak out a few of the guests. Nobody liked to be landed on by a damp, sticky amphibian. Wait for it...ah, there! Queenpin was aiming for somebody else, but just as she jumped she heard someone shout "Boo!" in a voice that didn't seem to quite come from outside her head; she wasn't normally scared by that kind of thing, but it was so unexpected that it threw off her trajectory, and she ended up flying toward Lucinda's head. Oh, well. It would probably have a similar effect.

Monk flinched at the psychic shout, but before she could try to figure out who it had come from she spotted the Anera springing for her target. She ran over, getting caught up in her skirt again and almost falling, and came to a halt next to Lucinda in time to say, "I'm so sorry! We just can't control her. Daz shouldn't have brought her, I'll have to talk to him about that."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Kylo » 10/21/2012 11:02 AM

"I've always enjoyed detective stories and Sherlock Holmes is my favorite detective. I love how he is able to deduce so much from such little of evidence." He smiled again as he ate yet even more candy. He was going to make himself sick if he didn't watch out.

"Not really worried so much as not sure how to shake hands." He laughed and smiled at the lucain who he assumed was hosting the party."I can take on several forms it's just my costume only fits me as a human and I don't want to ruin it." He smiled politely at the lucain when he finished speaking and turned back to the kuhna.

"Oh that is a very lovely costume. You did a very good job." He smiled at her and looked over at the freshly stocked table. "excuse me a moment I'm going to get something to drink." He then ventured over to the table to get some of the blood red punch.

"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer