Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Light in the Darkness [Cita and I] M:E

Postby Middy » 12/15/2012 9:25 PM

Similar Outfit Reference

It was sad, gazing upon this once great cathedral that once shone with great beauty that had now fallen into darkness. Even if it was a glorious sight at one time, she knew it was held the darkest of secrets. It reminded her of her own sanctuaries she escaped to when she wasn't punishing heretics for their miss deeds.

Her metal boots clacked against the hard stone floor as she looked further into the rundown building, sighing when she came up to the podium. A book had still been left atop of it, covered in a thin layer of dust. Zealotte sighed as she picked it up and brushed the dust away, thumbing through it to see if the book gave some hint as to what religion was practiced here.

Nothing close to what she was used to. She gently closed the old tome and placed it in a bag she had around her waist. She would look through it later before she left, it wasn't high on her list of things to do while she was here. No, Zealotte was more interested in the darker deeds that went on behind the scenes. If anything it could be a great reference guide if she came across something totally out of the ordinary.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Light in the Darkness [Cita and I] M:E

Postby Citanul » 12/15/2012 10:16 PM

There always seemed to be someone prowling the dark entrance ways of this once-sacred place. Dark red eyes watched the newcomer as he leaned against his naginata. She didn't seem like too much of a threat, but time would tell. He would be the judge of if she was worthy or not to see the secrets that this place still held.

Stepping from where he was in the crumbling remains of what may have been a closet, now just an archway with one side, he called out to the newcomer. "Now, what do you seek here? You look like no scholar I have ever met before." It wasn't as if there was much here anyway for an old scholar. That book was written in an ancient language long forgotten by most, as were the runes that were mostly worn from the old walls.

A good look was taken to her, as he was sure she studied him. If she was skilled with a weapon he figured they would be an even match - though he had the advantage of reach, possibly a few pounds on her. It was hard to tell with her style of dress though his left nothing to be imagined, all hard muscle and honed reactions.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/15/2012 10:47 PM

Zealotte stared at the man who seemed to appear from the shadows. She raised an eyebrow at him before turning her attention away. From what she could gather from taking a quick glance, he carried a weapon and seemed to be of the warrior type. From just appearances she didn't fear much from him, she was used to cutting down the armor clad types during the crusades, and did so with much pleasure. "I have been struck with curiosity ever since I laid eyes on this place. I wish to see what secrets it contains," she wanted to remain calm and polite for now -- even if her mind was screaming at her to accuse this man of being a sinner or heretic that had to be punished in the most severe way possible.

Most of those she beat into submission and confessing their evil ways never did see the light of day again. Either they succumbed to death from massive blood loss, or what infections they got from the torture equipment, or she outright killed them. A devilish grin creased the angel's lips as she turned back to the man.

If there was such a room where torture devices were held here, then she wouldn't mind testing them out on him. She was an Inquisitor, even if her methods were geared more towards the role of an executioner she still played the part of questioning those she sought as heretics.

"Maybe you wouldn't mind showing me around here..." she put a hand on her hip, clutching tightly onto the silver plated whip she had at her side.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/15/2012 11:00 PM

Oh, if only this female knew how many he had slain. A warrior he could be called, but executioner was a much  better title. There was a time where he could see others tremble before his steps, flinch at merely a gesture from his hand. Those had been good days. Now though, it seemed a time to lay low. Wait for those who needed Judgement to come to him.

"Mm. I am sure it holds too many secrets buried away with lost memory - but the lower levels are much more intact than it is out here." One could actually read the runes, and he was sure that some of the brown stains were blood splatter from old battles that no one could quite remember anymore.

Feminine wiles never seemed to affect him much. A brow raised marginally as he chuckled deeply. "Though I think I would mind that knife in my back. The hilt is good, but not quite as dark as your boots." He stood straight, no longer leaning on the naginata, but instead using it as a staff to walk with.

"If I could be sure you merely wanted a look around, maybe I could show you how to get underground."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/16/2012 1:21 AM

"Then... if you wish to show me than I wouldn't mind having someone accompany me..." even without him she would have gone down to look anyway, nothing was stopping her as far as she was concerned. However she did find it odd that he would be so open to lead her around, but those who didn't know her as the Grand Inquisitor weren't usually afraid of her. Her appearance could trick someone into thinking she is someone kind and a worshiper of the light. While the second part was true, the first part only really rang true for her fellow crusaders of God.

She still kept a firm eye on the man, taking careful note on his body language. If she was skilled at something most others were, it was reading someone. "I have no intent on harming you sir.." she smiled briefly before setting her expression back to her typical stern look. "Just so we have something to call each other by, you can call me Zealotte..."

It was something everyone else seemed to call her by, her real name becoming lost even to her. She didn't mind it, the name fit her and her fanatical nature. Zeal loosened her grip on the whip, if she needed to fight for any reason, then she had enough in her arsenal. She just wasn't a pretty face, she was an angel as well.

The Light was her primary weapon of choice.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 12/16/2012 5:16 AM

It was pretty much a given that the woman would explore with or without him. Krites figured that if he showed her he may be able to find out why she was here, get to know her better. Allies were few and far between and he could tell she was quite skilled.

"I don't mind showing you around." He turned his back with a show of trust, squeezing through a crumbling half-obscured archway to reveal a set of stone-hewn stairs. There was a stiffness to his gait that came with years of guarding, muscle-memory that when around others didn't allow him to relax. He was a warrior alright, possibly military trained. There was quite an intellect about him though, a sharpness to his eyes that no dull soldier could ever possess.

"Zealotte? It fits you, I think. I am called Krites, in the old language, Judge." His brief smile was flashed, though it never quite reached his eyes.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 12/28/2012 4:37 AM

Judge huh? The name pleased her a bit, as she thought herself a judge of other's lives and to also deem them fit to live or not. Most of the time she had found the unlucky ones, almost everyone she came across met their end one way or another by her hands. She was sure there was good people somewhere, ones that listened to the light and swore themselves to purity, so far she had turned up empty. A real shame actually.

"Such a nice name if I do say so myself. If I remembered my real name I would have told you that but..." she paused for a moment choosing her next words carefully, "I don't think that matters right now. We have something to call one another by. It's adequate."

Zealotte still had her eyes trained on Krites even when she was heading down the stairs, stealing a quick glance or two at him. He seemed so rigid, guarded even. No doubt he was hiding something of his own... If she could just weasel her way into getting him to talk about himself then this trip would be even more interesting.

She herself did like to brag about her past acts of judgment, but usually people listened to her out of respect, or fear. She would think with Krites it would be the former... Well, she would get him to talk if she kept her kind facade up just a bit more.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 01/08/2013 12:54 AM

The stairs lead down to a particularly decrepit part of the old cathedral, Krites stepping lightly, carefully moving his way through without too much noise. Hard to believe someone of such a stature could be so quiet but years of training would do that. Quick, quiet. Nothing more.

"If you speak of 'real' names, don't fret. Krites is certainly not the name I was born under. Whatever you wish to call yourself will make due." It didn't seem like a sore subject, just one he spoke of. The name fit him better than what others had called him and he had made it to his own, very few ever knew him by another name. Most who did were dead anyway.

"Down here is where it is most preserved. Can get dangerous though - it's not stable, the farther you go inside. What is it you seek? Holy Relics? Writings? Some of the language is older even than I know - I took some sketches of it, but no one seems to know it anymore."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/15/2013 7:41 PM

Zealotte smiled, almost glad to hear that he wasn't using his real name either. It didn't matter too much, they were introduced, nothing more needed to be said. She was satisfied just calling him something, names usually weren't too important to her unless they were of her own "brood" of crusaders. Even those she tortured needed to be called something, even if she didn't care for knowing their real names. Sometimes she would call them by name, other times it would be derogatory names. Ones that would humiliate and dehumanize them.

"I am interested in all those things, mostly the Holy Relics," she kept her eyes focused on the ground looking up every now and then to keep her attention on Krites when he spoke, and to see if he was still interested in trying anything against her. So far, he did nothing. In her mind they had a mutual understanding about one another for now.

"Of course the mention of ancient writings and languages does intrigue me as well," Zealotte brushed a lock of snow-white hair from her face and gave a small smile before it quickly faded into her normal stoic expression. She just hoped whatever was in her was enough to impress her, and at this point of boredom in her life then it most likely would.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 01/15/2013 8:07 PM

'Real' was certainly a relative term. As far as he was concerned Krites was his real name. Parents gave little thought to the offspring that they named, giving them a cute moniker or even their own names. A legacy in blood. He had no interest in retaining such a thing.

"Mmm. Anything more in particular than the others?" He continued on, frowning as he came to a collapsed archway, picking at a few of the stones. "Hn. This was open last I was here. I suppose though.... Has been quite some time, hasn't it?" He chortled a little, turning back to Zealotte.

It was a mutual agreement. He was the guide, she the seeker. He was safe as long as he lead her to what she wanted and then if she turned on him he could surely hold his own for long enough to slip away from her. "Some of the writings have been worn away in my lifetime, but there are rubbings of them in notebooks I have."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/15/2013 8:45 PM

"To be honest with you, I am most interested in what kind of rituals went on here, as well as any relics they might have used in the process. The ancient texts would provide the most information on this subject," she tilted her head taking note in what he said about the collapse. Either this building was so old that it was falling apart, or that something was in here not too long ago. Both options didn't bother her much, if there was an intruder in here she would just have to take care of it.

Zealotte stood beside him, carefully examining the stones to see if there were any unnatural marks on them. So far, nothing. Her first guess would have been a Demon if there had been anything here, she was used to those filthy creatures coming through old ruins to trash them, usually that ended in her quickly vanquishing them.

"You have some of these rubbings? Would you mind letting me see some of them?" Krites was proving to be more and more useful to her, any thoughts of wanting to harm him for any reason were fading unless he attacked her first. Which seemed unlikely now.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 01/29/2013 11:11 AM

A slight nod as he knocked a few of the stones away, but finding just more behind, left it be as he looked around to survey the damage. It was so old that things did fall, but the archways were usually much more stable than that. No matter, even if someone had been here they were far gone now.

"I know a few texts exist in libraries and private collections. I have pages and rubbings - as I said - but there may be more down here." He paused, thinking for a few moments. "Some young upstart or another got lost and killed in here, they stopped all the excavations after that." There was more to the story, but he couldn't honestly remember it at the moment. It would come back to him.

A ponder as he pulled his bag from his shoulders and rummaged. "I have a few unfinished, from when I left the last time. The rest are at my home - when we finish here, we can make a day to meet again and I can show you the others."

Aha. He picked up a smaller sketchbook and handed it to her. "It's more of the language, too complicated for me to decipher. I've been tracking down some others who may be able to help however."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/15/2014 2:14 PM

Zealotte carefully took the rubbings from Krites and looked them over. It was odd, what these folks were doing in such a place. "Sure we can set a day," She glanced over the rubbings, translating it with ease, "You know, for a cathedral they were into some strange things," she ran a finger over one of the sentences, trying to hide a grin from what she was reading. "They were performing both human and animal sacrifices here... to some god," Zealotte chuckled a bit, she had committed worse atrocities then that. What these people were doing were child's play at best.

"Still, something tells me that there is more to this. I wonder if they have a torture chamber somewhere, you know... in case they needed information from people," saying this was almost like remembering the hundreds of people she had at her mercy in such rooms. After all, she was an Inquisitor, and did relish in doing all the work. People would bend to her, tell her everything, then she would take another step further and affix them with the heretic's fork when she was tired of listening to them.

Zealotte came back to reality, "Do you know which tunnels are still safe to transverse?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate