Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

To Talk of Many Things [Me and Indigo] [V]

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/11/2013 4:22 PM

ImageImage

Somewhere in the darkness, two shapes stirred. A pair of fangs glinted in the dark. A flash of flame darted through the shadows.

"What are we waiting for?" hissed the Honeydew. "This is getting tiring, all the waiting."

"Patience, my dear. Soon a suitable victim will come near. Remember, we are not to kill them. We are to turn them."

"I know that!"

"Hush. I think I hear footsteps!"

[16, 16]

[Hope you don't mind opening like this. Kingsway can just be passing through, I guess? They'll introduce themselves to him the instant they see him.]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

[1]

Postby Indigo » 02/12/2013 2:09 PM

He was running. Hard to be sure of much else.

Someone had tried to kill him again.

He wasn't sure, either, why everybody he met seemed to have it in for him. He was noticeable with his bright colors and he talked a little strangely, but he'd never actually offended anyone as far as he knew. He had a fair idea of how conversations were supposed to work, after all; he used to be made of them. Sort of. Another point of confusion, that.

He skidded to a halt. The footsteps behind him had fallen silent an hour ago at least, and then he'd just kept going because it was less effort than trying to stop, but this was an enclosed space and he didn't want to hit anything. And it was sort of…creepy. Dark and broken-down and far too empty for his taste. There were shadows here, too, of a less usual kind, ones he could only see because of his odd nature: impressions left behind by the people who had once spent their time here, before it became an empty shell of a building, half-present people crowding around and brushing up against him and occasionally even walking through him…

Standing still was worse than moving, so he started to walk. He wasn't going any particular way—nowhere really to go even if he had any idea where he was—but maybe if he walked the creepy feeling would go away.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: To Talk of Many Things [Me and Indigo] [V]

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/12/2013 4:00 PM

Felicity skipped gaily out of the shadows, carefully stepping in the Tali's way. Not too close-too close and he'd think of her as a threat-but close enough to hopefully make him stop. A bright, cheerful smile was on her face.

"Hello!" she called. "Why were you running?"

In the shadows, Kuri grinned. His mate was brilliant at this. She seemed nothing but pleasant, innocent, bright. He wasn't as good at it-obviously why she was going out first.

[17, 17]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[2]

Postby Indigo » 02/14/2013 1:44 PM

He came to a halt when the Honeydew approached, too surprised to do anything else. He hadn't expected anyone else to be here. Who would voluntarily spend their time in such a place? He couldn't imagine sticking around any longer than he absolutely had to.

But she seemed friendly enough, so he said, "Uh...I was...someone followed me. Was following me. I think they're probably gone now, though." He glanced at the shadows to either side, looking for any sign of light. He hadn't seen any ways out so far, and now he wasn't even sure how he'd gotten in, darkness closing in on every side. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

"Um…could you tell me where we are?" he asked. Otherwise he'd definitely be stuck here.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/14/2013 2:42 PM

"Oh, how terrible!" she gasped. "Don't worry, you're safe here! I have a really strong friend, he'll help protect you!" She turned around. "Kuri, don't be worried! You can come out now!"

The Candle Shinzo slowly emerged as well, small bursts of flame snorting from his nostrils. "Hello," he said. "Don't be scared."

"We're in Lya Pointa Cathedral!" continued Felicity. "It looks kind of scary, but it's not actually a bad place. My friend and I are just exploring this place! There's a lot of interesting things you can find here."

"We're not expert archaeologists or anything," said Kuri, "just curious adventurers."

So far, so good.

[18, 18]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[3]

Postby Indigo » 02/20/2013 1:45 AM

He nodded when the Shinzo emerged, not sure how else to react. He could probably use the protection, though. Fighting was another thing he'd yet to get the hang of, though he wasn't sure he wanted to in its case.

"Lya Pointa…" he repeated under his breath, trying to get a feel for the words. All these names and their strange pronunciations, more stuff to keep track of. "So I'm not in any danger here? Apart from…the usual. Because I should probably find some sort of shelter for the night and this is the only building I've seen for a little while."

He smiled when Kuri said they were adventurers, and said, "I'm sort of an adventurer too. Sometimes. I don't really…know what I'm doing, but…I want to learn…?" He hadn't meant it to be a question, but now that he thought about it he wasn't entirely sure adventuring was something you could learn. It was probably supposed to be intuitive.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/20/2013 6:43 PM

"Well..." said Felicity. "It's not any more dangerous than any other kind of abandoned site. As long as you watch your step, you'll be fine." She smiled again. "And there are also plenty of places to hide. So I'm sure whoever is chasing you won't be able to find you here anyways."

"Well, if you'd like to learn, why not come with us?" said Kuri with a chuckle. "We can explore this place together. Maybe a fresh perspective is what we need in our adventures."

[19, 19]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[4]

Postby Indigo » 02/23/2013 12:49 AM

"I don't…they're probably not still chasing me," he said. "But someone else might, so a hiding place…yeah. And I can watch my step." He tried another smile. An expression he wasn't very experienced with, that; what with everything being so new and confusing and half the people he met trying to kill him, not much seemed worth it. He wasn't sure it belonged in this situation either, come to think of it, but it was better than staring blankly at the other two.

"I'll come with you. I don't think I have very much perspective yet, but…maybe that's nice, as well. I don't really know." Now he probably wasn't making much sense, so he quickly said, "What are your names?" He didn't want to get stuck explaining something he didn't fully understand himself yet.
Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/23/2013 2:34 PM

"Oh, how rude of us!" exclaimed Felicity. "My name is Felicity, and this is Kuri! And don't worry if you don't know a lot! We can teach you anything you want to know!"

"Pleased to meet you," said the Shinzo, bowing his head. "And what is your name?"

[20, 20]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[5]

Postby Indigo » 03/14/2013 1:13 AM

"My name is…uh…" Another difficulty. A word sprang into his head at the thought, it always did, but he wasn't sure if that counted as a name, or…but he liked the sound of it. He'd never said it to anyone else—maybe he could make it his name. "Kingsway. My name's Kingsway. And…I'm pleased to meet you as well."

He looked around the cathedral again, not that there was much to look at. "So…" he said. "What do we do now?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/14/2013 12:49 PM

"Well, if there's nothing else to do out here, we can get on with exploring this place!" declared Felicity, pointing happily into the shadows. "Don't worry, the floors are still mostly intact. And Kuri here can light up the place for us!"

"As always, I am happy to serve," said the Shinzo, dipping his head slightly. "You aren't backing out on us now, are you, Kingsway?" He tried his best to infuse his voice with some humor, although it was hard not to turn to an actual snarl.

[21, 21]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[6]

Postby Indigo » 03/14/2013 1:21 PM

"Backing out?" Kingsway stared at Kuri in bewilderment. What had he said to give that idea? He ran through the sentences in his head, trying to catch the error, and couldn't find it. "Uh, no, of course I'm not backing out."

He shuffled his paws nervously. He'd have to be very careful what he said, it seemed. He hadn't had an opportunity for much conversation before, and didn't know the rules.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/15/2013 12:10 AM

"Kuri was just joking! Right?" asked Felicity, prodding the Shinzo heavily in the ribs. "It's just his way of saying things. He likes to joke about this kind of thing. But he's going to apologize now." She tugged on his neck, dragging his ear-slash-wing down to her muzzle.

"Are you sure he's going to be of use?" he hissed, too soft for Kingsway to hear.

"Yes! Look at how moldable he is! Yes, he is useful!" she replied. She released his neck, and Kuri straightened up.

"Sorry," he said curtly. "I didn't mean to imply anything bad about you."

[22, 22]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

[7]

Postby Indigo » 03/15/2013 8:42 PM

"Oh, that's fine! I didn't think—it was my mistake…wasn't it?" It was a decent bet considering how things had been going for him recently. And he had this nagging feeling, more of a memory, from the part of him that was us—that confused him as horribly as anything else, because he and us were trying to be separate and the same at once, and neither of them liked it much. But we knew a thing or two more than he did, and we thought it would be good to stay on Kuri's good side.

If only we could remember why

"So!" He sounded too cheerful, a result of fighting down the uncertainty. It was probably that which had caused the misunderstanding and if it wasn't he'd just have to try something else. "Which way do we go?" Didn't want to make another mistake by being too decisive.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/17/2013 5:53 PM

"Oh, please don't apologize!" sighed Felicity. "Kuri is such a grump sometimes, I don't know how I put up with him!" She accompanied this statement with a dramatic placement of her paw upon her forehead, coupled with a great sigh.

"Deeper into the cathedral, of course," chuckled Kuri, pointing into the shadows. "That is where the things worth exploring actually are." His flames flickered with excitement. They were doing this. They were going to successfully trick someone for once.

[23, 23]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items