Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 6:52 PM

Now he just had to actually go down the staircase. That shouldn't be too hard, should it? Lian paused at the stop of the stairs, sword in hand, heart in stomach, and sighed down at the dozens of steps below. Sure, a grand staircase in a castle probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but was proving not to be very practical. He had taken one, shaky step down, when suddenly he started to hear the voices again. Voices that were coming much closer and closer.

Frantically Lian threw himself behind one of the pillars beside the staircase, chest heaving up and down as he struggled to hold his breath despite his panic. Could they hear his fear from all the way down there? He listened closely to see what the bandits were saying. "This is a bad idea, Ro." One of the voices said. Female.

"Shh." The voice hissed in response. Lian couldn't make out whether it had been male or female, but he guessed it was male. Males and females, he decided, tended to rob places together more frequently. The voice whispered something back in response, but it was far too quiet for Lian to make out. He inhaled sharply.

"You be quiet. This is a bad idea and I don't think we should go up there. Let's just keep checking the closets." Aha! So they were thieves after all! Searching through Lian's personal items and trying to find things to steal! There could be no doubt now, he would have to fight the thieves off. His fantasies had been practice for this very moment.

He could hear footsteps beginning to climb the stone staircase, and he braced himself.

[15]
[26][16][26]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 6:57 PM

Aurora, Mirage, and Eggy began to climb the staircase. Mirage's nails would scrape against the stone staircase, and Aurora hoped it wouldn't disturb whoever owned the castle. As they neared the halfway mark up the staircase, and my there had been so many stairs, who needed this many stairs, honestly now, she felt Eggy began to stir in her arms. She peered down at him to find his single exposed eye blinking very rapidly up at her. She nudged Mirage.

"What's wrong with him?" Mirage asked. Aurora shrugged, but looked very concerned.

"He's probably afraid." She whispered very quietly. Mirage was practically shouting in the castle, but she was going to do everything in her power not to get them caught. Linens, and then they were out of there, stat. They continued climbing the stairs and Eggy began shifting a little harder in her arms, and they stopped again. Aurora looked very worriedly at Mirage now, as if the Draculi would have an explanation for an egg's behavior.

"He doesn't seem to want to go upstairs." Mirage offered hopefully. "Maybe we should go back downstairs!"

"Shh." Aurora hissed again, shaking her head. She kissed the top of Eggy's shell. "He's probably very cold."

Eggy blinked nervously at the left pillar at the top of the staircase.

[27][17][27]
[16]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 7:05 PM

They were so close now, and Lian wondered how they had not heard his heart beating so loudly in his chest. He lifted the sword a little higher now, his adrenaline beginning to kick in a little now and a newfound strength beginning to form. Any moment now he would have to emerge from the pillar, ready to defend the home that he loved. At all costs of course.

And then it was when he heard a very tiny sneeze almost next to the pillar he had so expertly been hiding behind, he swung the sword around the corner so violently he was sure he had already chopped the heads off of his assailants. He had not noticed that his eyes had been closed the entire time until he heard a female shriek of terror.

The sword collided with something and jerked roughly in his hand, sending a sharp pain into his palms. He opened his eyes just in time to see a black girl in a grass skirt fall backwards down the stairs, rolling down each one, gripping whatever was in her arms so tightly he was sure she would break it. At his feet was a petrified cat like creature, with it's hair sticking out every which way and it's mouth opened in a silent scream. His eyes were wide with a mixture of terror and confusion. What the hell was going on here?

It was only when the girl slapped the ground, very hard by the sound, that both he and the cat thing both snapped out of it. The cat shot downstairs after the girl and Lian peered down the staircase in horror, dropping the sword immediately and nearly throwing himself down the stairs after her. "Oh my goodness, miss, you a-are you alright?" His tiny voice squeaked, his pony tail flying behind him.

[17]
[28][18][28]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/05/2015 1:57 PM

When Aurora smacked the ground, her eyes had been shut so tightly she was surprised her eyelids hadn't ripped off from the effort. Her body was stiff with the shock and the pain, and she remained curled in a ball with something wrapped tightly in her arms that she could no longer remember. What had just happened? One second, she and Mir had been climbing the stairs and the next, a blade had been whizzing by her head so fast she surely must have been decapitated. Did she still have her head on? She forced a hand to feel, and sighed with relief when she felt her very much intact neck.

Eggy. Her eyes flew open with fear and she immediately held what had been in her arms up to her face, examining the small shell frantically. "Are you okay?" She demanded, immediately forgetting of her own, and much more substantial, injuries. Eggy blinked sheepishly a few times, signaling that he was, in fact, alright. "Oh thank God." She said, clutching him back into her chest.

"Aurora!" Mirage shrieked, racing down the stairs to her master's side. "Are you-"

"Miss! I-I'm so sorry!" Aurora, now sure that Eggy was fine and now very much feeling pain, strained to turn her neck up to see the man running down the stairs towards her. Her assailant! "I d-didn't know that y-you were in here, I thought-"

"Mir, we need to get out of here." Aurora said quickly, struggling to get to her feet. Mirage tried to support the girl, but by the time Aurora could even make it to just her knees, the man was crouched down beside her.

"A-Are you alright?"

[29][19][29]
[18]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/05/2015 2:01 PM

He had nearly murdered this young girl! What was wrong with him. Why on Earth had he decided to just swing a sword blindly before even bothering to check who he had been planning to kill first? Had he lost his mind? Lian crouched down beside the girl, who had been moaning and sniffling in pain from her tumble, and panic was racing through him. What if she was seriously hurt? What if she had a concussion? She could be bleeding in her brain....dear God what if she died? It would be all of his fault! All his fault!

"You shouldn't-" He gently grabbed her arm and was surprised when she sharply recoiled from him, falling backwards onto the staircase with her hands outstretched.

"Don't touch me! Don't touch me! If you hurt my friends I swear I'll kill you, I'll do it! You freaking psychopath don't touch me!" She started screaming, her protests bouncing through the entire castle. Beside her, the cat thing snarled at him and he hands quickly flew up to grab his elbows in fear.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to...I didn't think....I just heard the door open and I got scared." He said quietly.

And then in the ultimate display of manliness, his eyes began to well with tears.

[19]
[30][20][30]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/05/2015 6:40 PM

Aurora, Mirage, and even Eggy were all very much surprised when the young man crouching before them began to cry. It was not a heave, or even a sob, but tiny tears that began to slowly slide down his face.

Mirage was very cautious and very confused. What kind of man tries to murderer a small band of travelers and then cries about it? She took another glance around the ominous castle, immediately deciding that this place was somewhere that she did not want to be. She snuck a peak at Aurora, ready to whisper that now was the time to make a break for the door, even if it meant meeting their deaths in the cold, to get away from this obvious psychopath. But to her surprise, Aurora did not look as concerned as she. At least, not for the same reasons.

"H-Hey now," Aurora said to the man. "Um...it's okay." The man wiped one of his eyes, flushed with shame. "I...I don't think I'm too...too seriously hurt." But the man still had his head bowed and seemed to still be crying. Aurora gave a helpless glance at Mirage, who gestured towards the door. Now's our chance! Her eyes seemed to say, but for whatever reason Aurora didn't feel that that was the best of ideas.

Aurora pushed herself up, her movements as slow and calculated as she could despite her pain, and she moved closer to the man. "Excuse me," She tried. "Excuse me...you don't...you don't have to cry." Mirage stared at Aurora, incredulous. This man was crazy! For all they knew, this was a ruse to get their trust so he could continue with his murdering spree! Why did Aurora have to choose now to be compassionate?! "I'm alright...I just maybe...need to lie down for a bit? Is that okay?" She asked, her hand hovering dangerously close to his back.

[31][21][31]
[20]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/05/2015 6:50 PM

Lian sniffled a bit more, overwhelmed with the events that had just transcribed, and looked up to the injured girl who was now, for whatever reason, doting on him. Their gazes locked, and he flushed a deeper shade. The girl could not be older than seventeen years old, Lian calculated quickly. She was black, her skin a gorgeous bronzed brown color that must have come from hours of daily exposure to the sun. How long since he had seen the sun. Loose, light brown curls hung in front of her face, partially blocking her very concerned expression.

He noted, again, that she was wearing some sort of sunset colored bustier and a grass skirt that looked to be very fresh. He sniffled again. "I-I'm terribly sorry. I'm not sure what came over me. P-Please," He shuffled awkwardly to his feet, nearly falling over with the effort. "Let me help you."

The girl eyed his outstretched hand very cautiously for a few, long moments. Lian could understand, he hadn't exactly made the greatest impression on what looked to be like the Island Princess he read about in a book once. "Sure?" She seemed to ask herself. She placed her tiny hand in his calloused palm, and he gently lifted her up, careful to support her back. She winced with the pain. "Careful," She warned.

"Can you walk?" My, she was tall. Almost as tall as himself. He noticed a red object in her arm, but could not decipher what it was.

"Oh, I'm sure I can-" She took a step. "Mother of pearl." Island Princess cursed. Lian flinched.

"O-Oh dear. Sit, please...let's see...." Ah yes! How had he not thought of it before. He sat the Island Princess back on the step, lowering her down as gently as possible. "I'll fetch it right away!" He turned to dash off into the shadows, leaving the bandits behind.
[21]
[32][22][32]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/06/2015 1:04 PM

Mirage waited until every inch of their psychopath disappeared into the castle's darkness. "Let's get the hell out of here!" She exclaimed, already beginning to try and push Aurora to her feet.

"Did you see the way he just...broke down?" Aurora asked Mirage softly, still watching the place where he had vanished. She had made no movements to budge just yet. "I mean, he tried to kill us and then when I yelled a little he just broke down.There must be something wrong with him, Mir."

"Yes! There is. Something seriously wrong which is why we have to go." Eggy vibrated his agreement, and Mirage continued to use what little Draculi strength she had to try and get the girl to her feet. "So if you could just do me a favor and stand-"

"Do you think it's just him here?"

"Aurora," Mirage groaned, nervously glancing back behind her to see if the man had yet returned. "We don't have time for this. We can play twenty questions once we are safe. Outside. In the storm. Which is far safer than here." She stood on her hind legs now with her back to Aurora's calf, desperately trying to push the girl to action.

Aurora frowned. "We can't go outside Mirage. The storm has only grown," A violent clap of thunder. "And my body is killing me. I feel down three flights of stairs-"

"His fault, remember?"

"And we just need to take some time. Sure he's a little..." She frowned deeper. "But I don't think he's dangerous. I think he was just a little scared. We did break in after all. I just think we need to-"

"Got it!" A voice shouted from some unidentifiable hallway. Aurora and Mirage glanced at each other, both of them jumping a little when the sound of something rolling started coming their way.

[33][23][33]
[22]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/07/2015 2:36 PM

There wasn't a moment to spare! Lian rushed down the hallway, through the darkness that had become so familiar to him. His hands gripped the handlebars of the amateur stretcher cart he had been rolling. When he had finally made it back to the staircase, he was thankful that the Island Princess had not run away from him...Not that she could have. "This!" He said, presenting it to the Island Princess like he was on a game show, "We can use this!"

Island Princess' eyes were very wide as she stared at the cart. Sure, it didn't look the most stable, but Lian had transferred many of his patients this way. It had never failed him. "What...exactly are we using that for?" She asked.

"To get you to the lab."

Lian watched as the color drained from the Island Princess' face. Why was she so terrified? The lab was Lian's most favorite part of the castle, and surely Island Princess would love it too? But for whatever reason, she and the cat thing were exchanging some very nervous looks that made Lian very worried. "I-I have a lab here," He tried to explain. "I-I make things." He was very suddenly shy again.

"She doesn't need to be made! She needs rest!" The cat thing suddenly squeaked up at him. Lian stared down at her, registering that the cat had just spoken, and burst into a scream, stumbling back into the stretcher. The Island Princess covered her ears before rushing to stand up as best as she could.

"Hey! HEY!" She shouted at Lian. He brought his screams down a few decibels, but did not stop. "It's OKAY!" She tried to yell over him. "It's okay that she talks! Don't be afraid!" Lian stopped, and the Island Princess stared at him incredulously. "Haven't you ever seen a Draculi before?"

Lian wiped his mouth and adjusted his glasses. "D-Dra-cyoo-li?" He repeated, eyebrows furrowed. The name had sounded familiar, like perhaps something he had read in a book, but he couldn't remember the details.

[23]
[34][24][34]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/08/2015 3:45 AM

Aurora smiled with curiosity at the man as he spoke the foreign word. "You don't get out that much, do you?"

The smiled shyly and pressed his hands behind his back. "I...I've never really left the castle grounds, actually." He admitted, a small blush forming on both sides of his nose. "I thought that your...Dra-cyoo-li," He pronounced the word again, "Was a cat."  

Aurora shook her head, surprised, while Mirage scowled at the man. She was most certainly not just some plain old house cat! Phooey on him! "You've never left the castle grounds? But, but how do you get your food? Where do you buy your clothes? Who do you talk to when you're lonely, or scared?" The questions began rushing out like vomit.

The man looked completely bewildered, stuttering as he struggled to find a place to start. "I, er, you see I think I just..." He shrugged. "I guess I just manage." A pause. "I'll tell you what. If you let me fix you up a bit, I'll answer all of your questions?" He offered.

"Thank you but we really must be-"

"Deal!" Aurora squealed, allowing Lian to assist her onto the stretcher. Mirage rubbed her faced with her paw, exasperated by the teen's resistance. "Wheel me off, Professor!"

[35][25][35]
[24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/08/2015 3:58 AM

"You're going to have to hold a little more still than that." Lian corrected softly, adjusting Aurora's arm a little in front of her. My, the girl had been restless ever since they had gotten into the lab; she was a constant stream of questions: What's that? Why did you make it? What does it do? Can I push this button? Lian had never felt so exhausted before. But he didn't mind; in fact, he was excited by it. Once he had gotten Island Princess into some proper light, and he had been able to properly gaze upon her, he had been even more impressed with her beauty. Which meant that he was also even shyer than before.

"Sorry!" Island Princess apologized. "I'm just trying to take all of this in." Her head craned to all angles, inspecting each piece of machinery so intently, as if she had understood any of it. "It's amazing."

Lian beamed, pleased to have impressed her. She had certainly impressed him, what with showing off her other companion, a small red egg she affectionately referred to as "Eggy." And all her knowledge of the outside world; he could listen to her talk forever. "You don't seem to be in too bad of shape, actually." Lian said, a tiny robotic arm handing him a large bandage. "I think all we need is to wrap up your arm and then make sure you get some rest. To heal and whatnot."

"Thanks, doc." Island Princess said, a wide smile on her mouth now. "Oh, by the way, what do they call you?"

They? Who was they? "I'm sorry?"

[25]
[36][26][36]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/08/2015 4:46 PM

Aurora blinked. "...It's a figure of speech."

She would have admitted that when the man first offered to take her to his laboratory, she had been more than skeptical. Here was this guy that had nearly tried to decapitate her and in the effort had sprained her arm, this guy who had had little to no human interaction it seemed, this guy whose frailty was unlike anyone she had ever seen before, and she had been expected to follow him into his 'evil lair'? It had seemed so risky.

But risk was fun, so she had let him wheel her off. And the entire time she had pretended that she was driving a race car, and he had even made the race car noises without hesitation, and she had decided that the crazy man might have been okay.

And now, sitting on one of his work tables, surrounded by infinite technology and blindingly fluorescent lighting, she could really see the man. He was tall, perhaps just under six feet, and had just missed the mark of being described as 'lanky'. His hair was the blackest of blacks, and was thick and shiny even in the low ponytail he had tied. He must have used great shampoo. And boy, he was pale, almost as pale as the lab jacket that he was wearing...she gulped as she noticed it had been torn quite a bit at the bottom and red droplets of blood dotted the base...and underneath he wore a black T shirt with the white letter A in sloppy writing. She looked up to scan his face. It was quite a handsome face, actually, with very chiseled features.

He glanced at her and upon seeing her stare, blushed, adjusted his glasses, and immediately looked back down. His eyes were childish, innocent, but red. A deep red. How peculiar.

"I don't really mean 'they', I just meant what's your name?"

[37][27][37]
[26]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/08/2015 4:57 PM

"Oh!" Lian blushed at his stupidity, and wheeled back a little in his chair so he could fully extend his arm to her. He had read that is was proper to shake someone's hand when you first met them (even though he had opted for the chop off your head solution). "My name is Lian."

Island Princess paused for a moment, before taking his hand very lightly, giving it a gentle shake. "It's very nice to meet you, Lian." She said, her mouth slowly widening into a brilliant smile. The freckles on her nose seemed to dance with the gesture. "My name is Aurora Sky."

"Aurora Sky." Lian repeated, nodding to solidify it into his memory. Aurora nodded as well, giving him an encouraging smile. "It is...nice to meet you too Aurora Sky." He scooted his chair back in, immediately returning to the task at hand, which was repairing Aurora Sky's. The little robotic hand, which he noticed seem to excite Aurora Sky (although he hadn't seen what the big deal was, he had built little robotic hands all over the castle. Without them he wasn't sure he would be able to survive) handed him a sling he had quickly fastened. "Alright now," he said, gently placing it over Aurora Sky's shoulder. "Just slip your arm through here-"

"Ouch!"

"Careful!" He helped to guide it through, the hairs rising on the back of his neck when he brushed her. Finally it was settled safely. "How does it feel?"

Aurora Sky looked down and rolled her shoulder a tiny bit, then flexed her fingers. "Feels great! Like I didn't fall down your staircase."

Lian blushed.

[27]
[38][28][38]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/09/2015 12:52 AM

Mirage sat up from where she had been sitting on the frigid, tiled flooring. It had been a poorly lain checkered tile, black and white, and it had made her queasy just to stare at him. Beside her, Eggy's eye flickered open, disturbed from his gentle slumber. The Draculi had opted for a spot directly beneath Aurora's swinging legs, not wanting to stray far from her master. Nor did she trust the contents of this lab. "Well," She said, giving her spine a proper stretch. "Thank you for your medical aid, but we really must be going."

Aurora frowned. "We must?"

"We must." Mirage repeated firmly. She looked up to Lian, who still looked very terrified to be witnessing her speaking. No matter, he would get his solitude again very soon. "Lian, I believe you said, it was very nice getting to meet you. But we are on a tight schedule, you know."

"We are?"

"We are."

[39][29][39]
[28]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/09/2015 11:42 AM

They...they were leaving? But there was a storm outside that hadn't seemed to even begin to lighten up. He would have to give them some of his spare lab coats for protection, but even then there was no guarantee that they would be safe. They would catch a cold, or the rain would disorient them and they would be lost forever, like ships at sea. Or the night would fall on them and all of the creepy crawlies would come out and disembowel them all! Or...or...."O-Oh. Okay." Lian said quietly, pushing back his chair to stand. "I have a few spare laboratory coats that you could take with you, to keep you warm."

"Perfect!" The Dra-cyoo-li said cheerfully, swiping her tail.

Lian handed Eggy to Aurora Sky without making eye contact, before turning to lead them out of the laboratory and down the hallway. He couldn't believe it. They were actually going to be leaving. Just as soon, and just as tragically, as they had met. The Island Princess was taking her sassy cat and her peculiar egg and they would walk out that door and leave him forever. He would never see her again. Of course, he could have done something to stop them....

"Right this way," He said, as they emerged into the foyer. There was the door. So big and so looming, surprisingly unrattled from the storm that had been raging outside. He could have sealed them in if he wanted to.

[29]
[40][30][40]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer