Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/08/2014 12:03 PM

ImageImageImage "I asked if you knew where you were going and what did you say?"

"Mir-"

"What did you say?" The Draculi demanded.

Aurora sighed and rubbed her forehead, exasperated. "I said 'of course I know where we're going, I'm not an idiot'." And for quite a while she had been sure where she was going; she had spent days planning out their route and everything. And Aurora had been sure that they had been going in the right direction, she had been especially confident while they took the bus through Terrace Park, but since then they had long missed the main road and were now in some godforsaken part of the LP Cathedral. And the map had given up on them a while ago. "I'll get us back on track, I will."

"Yeah yeah, sure sure." Mirage grumbled. "This place gives me the creeps." That, Aurora did agree on. Here, there weren't any real roads left, just displaced cobblestones and dirt that did the best that they could do. All of the vegetation, like the trees and flowers, were so dead even Ro couldn't bring them back to life. Around them a fog swirled so thick that Mirage would slip into the background every so often and Aurora would be frightened that something had happened to her.

But no matter what, they needed to keep going. She glanced down in her sling bag that she had twisted to her front, where the sleeping Eggy lie. He had been like this for so long, in an egg form, that Aurora had been concerned something was wrong with his development. And she needed to take him to a doctor.

Unfortunately, Medicai City was a long ways from where they were. A long, long ways.

[11][1][11]

[Aurora the Lucain will be played in her human form]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: How Harry Met Sally (How Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/08/2014 12:22 PM

"Tinker, tinker, tinker boys, tinker with your tinker toys," Lian gently sang to himself. He was sitting at his workman's table, protective glasses over his makeshift "prescription" ones, tongue out in concentration, and a small welder in his hand. He was currently perched over his latest invention: a guard dog. Well, actually a guard robot that would have the shape of a dog once he had gotten the technology straight.

All of the free time Lian had, which was essentially all of his time aside from eating and showering, he spent inside of his laboratory. And it showed. There were about a dozen work stations, each packed with all sorts of strange equipment and at least two of his projects. They were arranged in a giant rectangle, and in the middle was an all metal gurney with a white sheet spread neatly across, directly under the laboratory's sunroof, where he had made Edward and attempted other live experiments. They were steel bookcases shoved with books from decades ago that Lian had spent a large amount of time updating himself, and in every corner were forgotten or failed experiments, piled into heaps larger than himself. Fluorescent bulbs were in lamps and hung rather carelessly from the ceiling. Ah, how comfortable he felt.

"Tinker, tinker, tinker boys," This was his favorite place in the entire castle. When he was with his inventions, he didn't feel as alone as he did lying in a larger than king bed in the master bedroom. It was one of the reasons he mostly slept in the lab, on the gurney, where he felt less alone.

Alone, but less.

[1]

[Lian the Lucain will be played in his human form]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/08/2014 2:37 PM

"I kept telling you that he was fine." Mirage said, carefully avoiding questionably looking puddles and thick mounds of mud. "It's a process, eggs take some time to hatch. And Eggy doesn't look uncomfortable, does he?" She gestured towards the sling, where the egg had just been blinking joyfully, just happy for the ride.

"I know that he's fine." Aurora reached inside and ran her hands along his jutting shell. "I just want to make sure that he's happy and on the right schedule. It's not wrong to worry." Eggy looked up at her and she smiled back at him, her eyes softening with love.

"Of course it's not wrong for you to worry," Mirage said, looking up into the very rapidly darkening sky. "It's just I'm afraid you'll worry us to our deaths!" Aurora followed her gaze and she too noticed the sky was beginning to turn strikingly black, just a few shades darker than what seemed to be the normal grey hue. There was no doubt it would begin to storm soon, and here they were roaming one of the most unholiest places in Evelon. "If we stay outside we'll be sitting ducks."

"You're right." Aurora began to look around fretfully. Eggy, noticing the impending threat, shifting inside his shelter worriedly. "It's alright, Eggy, we'll find somewhere. Let's keep going forward, maybe there'll be a hotel or something."

"Right, a hotel. All the way out here." Mirage rolled her eyes.

[13][3][13]
[1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/08/2014 5:46 PM

Lian's favorite part about the castle, aside from the laboratory and everything inside, was that it had almost everything that he had ever needed and so there was never a reason to leave. He had mastered agriculture and cultivated his own fruits and vegetables in his green room, along with his own herbs. A short ways walk in the backyard were the stables full of chickens and with a cow or two. He figured he should have maybe gotten a pig, but the thought of slaughtering an animal when he had plenty of other choices made his stomach churn.

He would rather do some gentle experiments instead.

Since it was just him, he never had to get dressed up for anyone, even though for whatever reason the previous castleowners had left quite an array of clothing for both men and women. But despite that, he always rocked the same band t-shirt (of some band he had never heard of), the same black jeans, and the same white lab coat. Of course he did laundry, and changed into pajamas when the time called for it, but his usual ensemble just felt right against his skin.

And all of his appliances he usually just built himself. The oven, the toaster, the refrigerator, the latte machine, it had all been his handy work. Sure, maybe the overall product had been a little shoddy and the toaster threatened to blow every time it was used, but he made it and that was all that mattered. As it should have been.

Lian sat back with a satisfied smile, brushing the loose strands of his obsidian black fairly-far-past shoulder length hair back behind his ears. He usually kept his hair very neat and very wrapped in a ponytail. He didn't want to repeat the incident with the furnace and the ends of his hair that had involved a few heartbroken tears and a forced ugly haircut. No, sir. "Tinker, tinker," He sang to himself.

[3]
[14][4][14]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/09/2014 8:23 PM

"Ro..." Mirage started, taking another worried glance up towards the sky. The storms clouds that had once seemed to be far off in the distance were now approaching at a rapid speed, as if something had been pulling them on a rope. "We are running out of time." She warned.

"I know that." Aurora said weakly, starting to pick up the pace a little bit. They had been walking for around fifteen minutes now, but every step they had taken just seemed to lead them deeper and deeper into the dead forest. The already dilapidated road was all but gone at this point. "Mirage, what should we do?"

"Can you make us a shelter out of anything?" The Draculi asked, gesturing to Aurora's hands. The teenager flexed her fingers twice, but disappointingly shook her head.

"Everything here is too dead." She said sadly. She looked up towards the sky, but noticed a slight change in the scenery ahead. Where there had used to be tall, corpses of trees now stood the tip of what looked to be a building of some sorts. "Mirage, look!"

[15][5][15]
[4]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/10/2014 4:01 PM

"I think that's enough work for today, right pal?" Lian asked with a smile, giving the skeleton robot a tiny pat of affection before placing a white sheet over it for protection. He wheeled away from his work desk, nearly tipping over with the effort and blushing as he rushed to steady himself. "I think you've earned yourself a break." He stood up and made his way to the door of the lab, before giving the room once last loving look and flicking off the light. A few seconds and a shortage or two later, the room fell into darkness.

Lian walked through the hallway, still taking time to admire the paintings he had seen thousands of times before. He cringed as he passed Lady Bennet, a rather heavyset woman dressed in a wildly ostentatious pink frock and holding a tiny lace umbrella. He wouldn't have minded her so much had she not had this very snobbish, stern look on her face, her mouth a straight lint and her lips curling into a frown. And worse, there was a very noticeable move right above her lip with what looked to be a long hair sticking out. She was his least favorite. "Who would want to commission a painting of you?" He had once wondered aloud, then immediately blushed and felt guilty for, as if the woman could hear her. (Even today he swore he saw her frown deeper.)

He finally found his way to the grand living room, and eventually the balcony. He peered outside and shivered. "Looks like a storm's brewing."

[5]
[16][6][16]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/10/2014 4:13 PM

"No, no, no, no, NO." Mirage answered, shaking her head with each protest.

Mirage had somewhat reluctantly agreed before to at least see what the mysterious building must have been, but when she had seen the castle she had immediately decided there was no way in hell she herself would go up there, or Aurora for that matter. Of course, Aurora had protested, saying they would need shelter, but Mirage still would not budge. For good reason.

To get to the castle they would have to go through the giant, incredibly uninviting wrought iron gate that had the letters MS twisted into it's design. Past the gate, was a worn cobblestone path that wound through about a half mile of dead, grey grass and trees consumed by rot. And then there was the castle. It stood four stories tall with a fifth story tower in the center, and each story had about fifteen windows from where they could see. The castle seemed to be made with a combination of brick and stone, but the colors had worn off long ago to dull greys, blacks, and browns. Some spots of the exterior had been stained with something that made Mirage very nervous. But the thing that had frightened her the most was that the castle had just been so dark. Like it had been drained of all life and love and hope and had been filled to the brim with demons who were left to takeover. And Mirage would have no part of that.

[17][7][17]
[6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/11/2014 9:41 PM

"I should reward myself with a cup of tea." Lian said to himself with a smile. He adjusted his glasses and began to make his way towards the kitchen. Ever since Lian could remember, the pantry in the kitchen had been stocked consistently with cobwebs and tea. He had always loved staring at the different ranges of flavors, from chamomile, pomegranate, green (which had always been his favorite), to peach, the blackberry, and more flavors than he could possibly counted.

He stepped inside the pantry and pulled the rusted chain, watching as the light bulb slowly but surely came to life. "Does tea ever expire?" He wondered aloud, suddenly very conscious of the fact that he had been drinking nineteen year old tea. But nonetheless he selected a pack of green and turned the light off before going over to the stove that he had created from scratch. The original stove had't been terrible, but Lian found much more satisfaction if he could tear something apart and then put it back in his own image.

"Tinker, tinker," He slowly sang to himself. How nice it would be! He could get himself a cup of tea and settle right back into his lab or in his big comfy chair in the library with the beautiful two story window where he could see the storm approach in all of its beauty. Ah, yes, that would be lovely.

At least the storm could keep him safe until Ed came back.

[7]
[18][8][18]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/11/2014 9:51 PM

"Come back, where the hell are you going?" Mirage yelled after Aurora, a yell that was nearly drowned out by a sudden crack of thunder that made her shiver in her skin.

But Aurora continued walking towards the gate, becoming more terrified that the storm was coming and coming with a vengeance. By now a million horrible scenarios had been running through her mind where lightening was flash and disintegrate Mirage, herself, or even more terribly her precious Eggy, right into dust. And to think that their souls would be trapped in this cursed place would have been terrible. "Mirage, catch up to me!" She called, turning around to reach her hand out to the Draculi.

"NO!" Mirage yelled forward. "I just have a feeling in my gut, one of those feelings where you know that you're about to do something that you're going to regret!"

"It's either this or we die out here!" Aurora yelled back. "We'd never survive the night!" All of a sudden a great downpour fell on the trio, so hard and so sudden there for a short while Mirage and Aurora couldn't see each other, something that instilled a sense of panic in the both of them. Eggy's eye shut and squeezed tightly, protecting itself from the rain. "MIR!" Aurora screamed.

The Draculi sighed, but knew that Aurora was right. Following the sound of Aurora's scream, she nestled herself against her friend's leg and helped the guide her through the gate.

[19][9][19]
[8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/12/2014 2:59 PM

Lian ascended the frigid, stone steps in the grand entrance, clutching his cup of tea firmly in between his two hands, like a cup within a cup. He blew on it gently, but decided against taking a sip until he had been situated in his big comfy chair. He shook with delight as he got to the top of the stairs and started making his way to the library.

The library, aside from the grand ballroom that had long since been untouched, was the biggest room in all of the castle. It stood three stories tall in the shape of an octagon, with large medieval bookshelves pressed again all but one side. Hanging from the ceiling were stained glass chandeliers from around two centuries ago that Lian had taken meticulous care of, making sure that they would shine their brightest. The floors were the same bleak, grey stones that were in the rest of the castle, but an enormous, beautifully crafted rug had made the room so much more cozy. On it, Greek mythologies had been woven in, exquisitely portraying everything from the war with the Titans to the death(s) of Zeus. Secretly, Lian had loved to pretend fight on the rug as if he had been apart of all of the action himself. Oh, what a hero he would have been!

It was in those moments that Lian had felt the loneliest of all.

[9]
[20][10][20]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/12/2014 3:09 PM

"Should we...should we just knock?" Aurora asked, suddenly very afraid now that they were standing directly in front of humongous doors of the castle that looked far more threatening than it had farther away. That's how it had been with the entire castle itself. The closer that they had gotten, and the pieces that they could see despite the heavy rains, the stronger presence of evil that Aurora could feel under her skin, and was positive that Mirage could feel the same. Even Eggy had shifted uncomfortably.

But now, they were out of options and shivering so hard that Aurora thought she could hear her bones rattling inside of her. She glanced down worriedly at Eggy. If hadn't been sick before...."I don't know." Mirage answered, half cowering behind her friend. She sneezed. "Maybe we can just stay out here. There's shelter by the door," She gestured above them, the only thing keeping them from the harsh storm, "And that way we wouldn't have to see what was inside."

"No." Aurora tried to same firmly. "We need to go inside. We need warmth, and this grass skirt isn't cutting it." She inhaled deeply, and Mirage jumped up to rub her head underneath Aurora's comfortingly.

Aurora leaned forward slightly to knock when Mirage's tail caught her foot and she lost her balance. "Oh!" She cried, one of her hands grabbing for Eggy and the other pressing against the door for support. And to all of their surprise, the door had creaked open.

[21][11][21]
[10]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 4:18 PM

Creaaaaakkkkkk

Very suddenly Lian turned to stone, his arm still outstretched, still holding his invisible sword, and his legs still fashioned into the warrior pose. Lian's only movement was the color beginning to drain from his face. But that creaking, that he had become so familiar with, was the creaking of the front door. And Ed was not due back for a much longer time.

He snapped back with realization. "Intruders!" Lian gasped, his exclamation filling up the entire library. "Intruders!" He whispered this time. They mustn't know that he was there, no not at all! Because they must have been bandits, or thieves, or murderers! Oh thieving bandits who murdered, which was worse. He must defend the castle!

Lian quickly made his way to the mantle over the fireplace, where two crossed swords, rusted with centuries of age, hung. It took quite a few manly tugs and grunts, but eventually Lian was able to remove one of the swords, which at once plummeted straight into the group, making an echoing clinking noise. "Shh, shh!" Why was the damned thing so heavy? The swords in his fantasies had always been so much lighter than this; this was just unpleasant.

[11]
[22][12][22]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 4:29 PM

Aurora pushed the door farther open, and the effort had released a very cringe worthy creaking noise. Mirage ground her teeth with the sound. "You're going to wake up the whole damned castle!" She hissed under her breath. Finally, the space was big enough for the trio to slip through. Mirage sneezed and immediately began to shiver. "This place is colder than outside!"

"I-I know." Aurora clutched a vibrating Eggy deeper into her chest, and blinked the rainwater from her eyes. When her vision cleared, she was disheartened to find that the castle inside was just as cold and uninviting as the outside. Everything looked to be made of iron, brick, and concrete, and entire color palette ranged from midnight black to charcoal grey. And my, was it dark. Unlit lanterns were plastered all over the walls, wimpy candles seated inside each one. They were lit, yes, but the flames were barely surviving and mostly accomplished casting ominous shadows around the parlor.

Mirage was equally unsatisfied. "Aurora, I don't know about this place." She whispered softly, though her voice echoed throughout the halls anyway. "Anyone who lives here...makes me worry." Eggy shifted in agreement.

Aurora was more than uneasy, but by the sound of the rain and the color of the clouds outside, the storm had no intention of stopping or even slowing down. "I know. And we're not here to live, we just need to dry off a little bit, maybe get a fire going." She glanced around again. "But first, we need to find who lives here."

"Find them?! By the looks of this place we need to be hiding from them."

"No, no. I'm sure whoever lives here will understand. Come on." She hesitated for a moment before beginning to make her way a little deeper into the castle, a very reluctant Mirage walking beside her.

[23][13][23]
[12]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 6:38 PM

"Be brave, Lian. Be brave." The young man told himself, doing everything he could not to downright drag the sword across the ground as he made his way to the door of the library. Every now and then he would stop so in the complete silence he could hear the movements of the intruders, and other than a few hushed voices a minute ago he had heard nothing. With any luck, they had realized Lian was not a force to be trifled with and ran off back into the woods!

A clap of thunder suddenly erupted, and Lian's skeleton almost jumped out from his skin.

Finally he was where he could peak his nose out of the doorway, and then after a little more courage his entire head. Down the gloomy hall he could see no one; he checked the other direction and it was the same. So whoever was in here was most likely still downstairs, which would mean Lian could get the element of surprise. Perfect!

With all of the strength he had left in him, he hoisted the sword up so that is hung sort of limply in front of him and waddled towards the staircase.

[13]
[24][14][24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/04/2015 6:45 PM

"Do you think maybe we should at least call out?" Mirage asked, constantly glancing around to make sure there would be no surprise faces popping out at them. "Just so they know that we're here?"

Aurora had been opening and closing a bunch of different closet doors in the hallway they had wandered down, half looking for blankets to wrap themselves in and half out of a very inappropriate curiosity. In each closet she had found it had been filled with all sorts of rusting, old gadgets that nearly tumbled down on her and Eggy each time. And while Mirage was too busy being terrified for their lives, Aurora was becoming more and more fascinated with the castle. "Who builds all of these things?" She asked the castle itself. "There are so many."

"Are you honestly that concerned with the toys? My goodness." Mirage asked incredulously, still glancing around. "Find some blankets so we can get out of here."

"If I were linens, where would I be?" Aurora opened another door and was not surprised to find more gadgets. "If I were linens, I would be upstairs by the bedrooms." She closed the last closet door triumphantly.

Mirage laughed dryly. "Uh, no no no. Do you know who's upstairs? Whoever owns this place that we are breaking and entering in to! We can't go upstairs!"

Aurora shivered. "Well we can't stay here. I'm barely getting dry it's so cold in this place. Maybe we'll find a thermostat or something while we look." And with that she turned on her heel and started making her way to the staircase.

[25][15][25]
[14]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer