Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 02/27/2015 11:43 AM

Ah yes, the Ed Story. Lian's face suddenly broke out into a beaming smile. It was rare that he got the opportunity to tell the story; Ed had been polite in the beginning about it but, as expected, it lost its luster over time. Besides, he had been there, it was his story, so he was pretty familiar with it. And there was no one else around here for miles, hadn't been for years, that Lian could tell it to. The Ed Story was his favorite story, the thing that he was the most proud of, his crowning achievement. Aurora Sky would be so impressed! "There's a story that goes along with it..." Lian started hesitantly, widening his eyes at the island princess, anticipating her answer. Oh, say you wanted to hear it! Say it!

Aurora Sky looked very reluctant, and her mouth formed words she did not speak with hesitation. "Er," She paused again, and then sighed before giving Lian a very tired smile. "A story sounds nice." She offered, and Lian silently cheered. "Something to distract us with while we cook dinner."

"Oh no!" Lian suddenly exclaimed, shaking his head at her. He sloppily brushed his hands off onto his lab coat and shuffled around to the other side of the counter, Aurora Sky looking very confused and a little scared at his haste. "I couldn't just tell you the story, I would have to show you. Come along!"

[43]
[54][44][54]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/27/2015 11:52 AM

Mirage pulled Eggy out into the hallway, making sure to glance twice up and down, half expecting some hideous monster to emerge. The hallway, like the rest of his godforsaken place, was almost filled to the brim with darkness except for a few pathetic torches lining the walls. Mirage sighed. "Eggy, left or right?" She asked, turning to look back at the little bugger. Eggy thought for a moment, and then chirped. Mirage nodded back at him. "Left it is." She declared, turning the cart and beginning their journey.

With every turn of the wheels, the cart gave a very eery creeking noise that made the fur in the back of Mirage's neck stand tall. If there had been anything else in this castle, they would surely hear the pair coming from a mile away. But Mirage pulled the cart along, glancing back every now and then to make sure that Eggy was still happily seated inside (and to make sure there wasn't some monstrosity tailing them). She looked up to the walls and noticed that they were decorated with all sorts of medieval like paintings; the kind that you would expect to be in some fancy museum. Each painting was of either a man or a woman draped in a very expensive looking fabric, most likely some sort of silk and lace combination, in very dreary colors. The characters all shared the same, unamused expression, an effect seemingly heightened as they looked down at the passing duo. You don't belong here, they seemed to accuse. Mirage gulped. She was not looking to make any enemies here.

[55][45][55]
[44]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/27/2015 12:01 PM

"B-But, but what about dinner?" Aurora asked, tensing when Lian grabbed ahold of her wrist and without pausing began to drag her to the door. She glanced longingly back at the counter, not sure if she was emotionally prepared to go on another adventure with Lian. "Shouldn't we finish making the noodles before..."

But Lian hadn't been paying her any mind, still leading her to the door, and with a heavy sigh Aurora realized that he had already decided what they were going to do and there was no going back. She liked the man, she really did, but the whole mad scientist had quickly faded from fascinating to a little scary. Abruptly, as if reading her thoughts, Lian stopped so short Aurora crashed into the back of him, wincing in pain from her previous injuries. "Oof!" She exclaimed as they collided. Lian turned to look at her, his eyes shining in a way she hadn't seem them do so before. For a moment, and despite all that Aurora had known about this character, Lian actually looked confident. It suited him, she thought.

"Aurora Sky?" He asked her. Aurora blinked up at him. "Yes?" She responded.

"Don't you trust me?"

Aurora paused for a second, biting her bottom lip. They really should be getting back to dinner, Mirage would be an even bigger grump when she was starved, but then again...Lian smiled down softly at her, his glasses sinking a bit with the effort. She knew what she was going to say, and before she could stop herself it had already left her lips. "Yes."

[56][46][56]
[45]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/23/2015 4:33 PM

As Mirage peeked forward, she could see the outline of two very large double doors jutting out from the wall. Finally. Mirage had grown more than uncomfortable creaking through this hellish hallway, and despite not knowing whatever was held behind those two doors she was grateful for an exit. Those paintings were growing more and more lifelike by the second.

Mirage paused right before she got to the doors, Eggy's cart gently bumping into her backside when she did so and nearly knocking her into the unknown. But once she recomposed herself, Mirage inhaled sharply and cautiously turned her head around the corner to peek inside. "A library." She shared with Eggy, her voice almost sounding disappointed. Why had she felt so disappointed? What had she been expecting exactly, Lian's collection of severed heads? But then again...

Of course a mad scientist would have a library. And she was sure that once she went inside she and Eggy would find books filled with evil potions and medieval methods of torture. And then she could prove to Aurora that they were in danger and needed to leave immediately before they all became part of the severed head collection that must have been around here somewhere. "Let's go."

[56][46][56]
[45]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/23/2015 4:42 PM

"I didn't even know you had this part of the laboratory." Aurora Sky whispered incredulously.

They were standing in the second part of Lian's laboratory, the second part of the laboratory that had been so well hidden away that Aurora Sky must not have seen it the first time. Which was just fine by Lian, because if the Draculi had seen it then surely Aurora Sky and her band would have left Lian a long time ago. Aurora Sky, though, seemed entranced by the room and had been scurrying around like a little church mouse, leaving Lian to stand dutifully by the entrance with his hands folded behind his back, making sure she wouldn't touch anything that would permanently disfigure her.

After around five minutes of innocently observing and playing around with all of the new equipment, Aurora finally went to stand next to Lian. "What do you do in here?" She asked him.

Lian cleared his throat. Exactly how much should he divulge? "Er..." He began, struggling to find the words. "I suppose my more...complicated experiments get done in here. It's more...suited to their needs."

"And Ed was a complicated experiment?"

Ah, yes! Lian had been too busy being fixated on the Island Princess' curiosity that he had forgotten why they had even come here in the first place.

[46]
[57][47][57]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/23/2015 4:49 PM

"Ed most certainly was a complicated experiment." Lian said with a firm nod. Aurora Sky suddenly went to the center of the room, where Lian's surgical bed was set up with a fresh white sheet draped over it. He watched her delicate fingers trace over the soft cloth in wonder. After a few moments, she turned around and gently maneuvered her way to sit on it. Lian flashed back to some previous experiments, and it made him very uncomfortable that she had chosen that spot to listen to his story.

"Tell me about him." Aurora Sky said, excitement flickering in her eyes. Well, at least she seemed more enthusiastic than before. Lian grabbed the stool that sat close to the surgical table, the same stool that he had perched himself on for most of his 'complicated experiments', and wheeled himself closer to Aurora Sky. He had promised her a story, and a story she would get.

"I didn't see what happened, but I heard when the car collided with him." Lian began, and Aurora Sky gasped. "It was low thud sound and when I heard it I knew that it couldn't be good. I don't even know what the car was doing up here in the first place, it was the first one that I had seen in a good ten or eleven years. I peeked out of the front window to the castle, and I saw him laying at the bottom of the driveway, a very unsettling shade of bright red. I couldn't tell if that was his natural color or..." Aurora Sky looked very nervous, so Lian didn't finish that thought.

[47]
[58][48][58]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/26/2015 10:23 AM

Aurora folded her hands neatly in her lap, focusing on Lian as he spoke. While she was interested in the story that he was telling, and he was now explaining how he had rarely ever gone outside but it had been clear that the injured creature needed immediate attention, she couldn't help but examine him. He really was a handsome fellow, albeit a little on the thinner side for the average man she had seen. But if Lian's kitchen skills were any indication of his diet, then she could see why. It had also occurred to her that despite the amount of questions that burned within her, Aurora hadn't taken any time to ask about Lian himself. Sure, she knew he was a scientist, but where had he come from? Did he have any family, other than Ed? Parents?

There seemed to be so much more more to Lian, and Aurora had decided to uncover them all. Her mind flashed to Mirage, who had been silent for an unusual amount of time. By now she should be downstairs pushing Aurora to the door. She hoped she and Eggy weren't getting themselves into any trouble up there.

[59][60][59]
[48]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/26/2015 10:33 AM

As Mirage pulled Eggy up through the center of the library, she got more the feeling that she was in an entire museum rather than just a big room for books. The library was vast with the tallest ceilings she had ever seen, taller than those in a cathedral even. And straight from the floors to the ceilings were beautiful, well preserved mahogany book cases with shelves that had been pushed to the limit with its content. But the most impressive part of the entire room was the floor to ceiling window that spanned almost the entire wall facing the outside. Even sitting down on the couch in front of it, you could see miles and miles down into the valleys and into the sky. It was breathtaking. And not at all what Mirage had expected. "Wow." She breathed, and Eggy chirped behind her in agreement.

But they weren't in here for the view. They were in here to uncover some of Lian's dark secrets! Mirage veered off from the straight path to the window, who had been beckoning to her, and instead approached some of the very intimidating book cases. When she looked up to the top, she had to bend her neck all the way back. Perhaps this was not the job for someone of her stature.

[60][61][60]
[49]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/27/2015 12:11 PM

Aurora snapped back into attention just as Lian had been explaining that he had placed a very mangled Ed onto the surgical bed that she was sitting on right now. She glanced down, a slight chill passing through her and she considered all the 'complicated' experiments that must have occurred right below her. "Most of his body could be stitched up, but his heart, the left side of his chest, and his left arm were in horrendously bad shape." Lian recalled. "And I had to amputate."

"Amputate?" Aurora gasped. Her hand subconsciously flew to her own left arm, as if reassuring her brain that yes, it was still there. "Had you ever done anything like that before?" Lian grinned sheepishly. "Er...yes. Amputation is sort of," He struggled to find the words. "For lack of a better phrase, 'the easy part'." Aurora's stomach turned. "So what's the hard part?"

"The hard part, other than keeping him alive, was the prosthetic that I was going to have to build." His eyes brightened, and Aurora could tell this was the part of the story that he was excited to tell.

[61][62][61]
[50]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/27/2015 12:18 PM

Aurora had seen prosthetics before (only if you counted Peg Legged Pete in her pirate books a prosthetic) but if Ed was a Lubshi she wasn't sure how that was supposed to work. Before she had the opportunity to ask, Lian had wheeled his way over to one of his shelves and was rummaging through the many binders it held. "What's in those binders?" Aurora asked. Lian's fingers danced along the spines as he searched. "These binders contain a lot of the blueprints for the experiments that I do."

"You make blueprints for these kinds of things?"

"Of course!" Lian pulled one of the binders out, realized it was the wrong one, and stuffed it back in again. "These things don't just happen overnight, you know. They take days, weeks, sometimes even months of planning. It's more than just a matter of cutting things open and tinkering around inside. That's the sort of the thing mad men do." Aurora, oddly, was comforted by this information. Mirage had been wrong; Lian didn't just pick a victim out of a hat and then toy with it. He planned these types of things out and put a great deal of effort it. So they were safe. "Here!" Lian pulled one of the thicker binders out and turned to Aurora with a wide smile plastered along his face.

Aurora raised her eyebrows at the amount of pages. "When did you have time for all of that with Lian on the table?"

"Oh, no." Lian said, wheeling back over to her and placing the binder on his lap. "The prosthetics took months to build following the amputation. Those months were really dedicated more to Ed's rehabilitation, both physically and emotionally." Lian frowned. "The accident took quite a toll on the little guy."

[62][63][62]
[51]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/27/2015 12:26 PM

"Stay here." Mirage instructed Eggy, as if the egg had anywhere to go...or any means of getting there. Eggy chirped, questioning what Mirage had planned exactly, but the Draculi ignored him and instead leapt onto one of the book shelves. Eggy, frightened, chirped louder this time. "It's okay!" Mirage assured him. "I've done this loads of times!" She hadn't. Very carefully, Mirage pressed herself against the spines of the books so not to fall over the edge. Her eyes skimmed the spines, reading the titles. "Robinson Cruesoe, Alice in Wonderland, a Tale of Two Cities..." No, this wasn't what she was looking for. All of these books were just normal books. Mirage braced herself and jumped back down.

"We have to try another shelf. And I've got to get a little higher up. Where's the ladder?" Mirage scanned the room to find it, noting that it too was made of a very heavy mahogany. Heavy enough that a wee Draculi like her would have no chance at moving. No matter, she would just climb it and go along the shelves from there. Sure, it would be slightly more dangerous, but their lives were worth it!

Eggy, sitting in the shopping cart, looked less convinced.

[63][64][63]
[52]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/31/2015 1:37 PM

Aurora could imagine. The poor thing probably didn't even know it was going to wake up with a quarter of its body missing. She shuddered at even just the thought. Lian flipped the heavy binder so the writing and sketches were right side up for her, and she peered forward so she could read the pages. Most of it was science jargon that she could never hope to have a concept of, but the pictures were so detailed, so intricate. Aurora gave Lian a side eyed glance. "Hey Lian? How did you learn all of this stuff? Did you like...go to school for all of this?" She asked. Not that she imagined that Lian had gone to school, but she thought it would have been rather rude to just assume.

Lian blushed. "Uh, no. I don't have any school training, actually." He readjusted his glasses. "Which I know makes me sound rather...unqualified." He chuckled nervously. "But actually, everything that I've learned I've kind of just learned from books."

Aurora took the binder off of Lian's lap and placed it in her own, straining a little with the effort. She leafed through the pages for a few moments, then looked back at him with her eyebrows raised. "You mean you learned how to do all of this by just reading some books?" Aurora had been reading books for a very long time and she didn't understand about 99.5% of this.

[64][65][64]
[53]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/06/2015 1:07 PM

Lian grinned, more than pleased to have impressed Aurora. By now, Ed was no longer fazed by Lian's intelligence and there hadn't been anyone else around here to care. "Yes...I-I suppose." He said shyly, adjusting his glasses. "On the second floor of the castle, spanning up to the third floor as well, is a library." Lian explained. "It's filled to the brim with books on all types of science, physics, math, language, anything that you could really expect, really. Most of them revolve around academia." Aurora noticed that Lian was almost swooning at this point, and she smiled softly to herself. "So, I suppose after all of these years I really took to reading about anything and everything that I could get my hands on. Since, you know, it was just me and all."

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean it was just you?" She asked as he turned the binder around gently on her lap so the diagrams faced him. His eyes were scanning over the pages rapidly, as if reliving the construction of the blueprints. "What about your parents, or siblings?"

"Oh, I don't have any." Lian said distractedly. "Well, of course I have parents. And maybe perhaps long ago I knew them, but as far as I can remember it's just been me here." He continued leafing through the pages casually, as if nothing he said was of any significance. Aurora, however, had been practically reeling.

[65][66][65]
[54]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/06/2015 1:12 PM

"What do you mean it's been just you?" Aurora asked, narrowing her eyes in confusion. Lian, however, had seemingly found a very interesting passage in the binder that had fully captured his attention from Aurora. Something that hadn't been done since the Island Princess arrived. Aurora, not to be ignored, suddenly slammed the book closed on her lap, nearly crushing his fingers in the process. Lian looked up, startled. "What do you mean it's been just you, Lian?" Aurora demanded now.

She had this wild look in her eyes that made Lian almost start to tremble. He was puzzled; what was the big deal about his past? "I-I, uh-uh..." He stuttered under her firm gaze. "It's been just me here. It's always been just me, at least until Ed came along...but even so that was very recent event-"

"You mean ever since you were like, a baby or something, it's been just you up here in this castle?" Aurora asked incredulously. Lian paused, and then nodded slowly. And then before he knew what was happening, Aurora had pushed the binder onto the surgical table and had practically leapt into the air. Whirling around to face him, Aurora grabbed his shoulders and seemed to examine him, causing him to a deep read over his pale moon skin. "Lian! That's, that's amazing!" Aurora exclaimed breathlessly.

[66][67][66]
[55]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/07/2015 12:11 PM

Embarrassed and being prodded and turned by Aurora, Lian stuttered, "I-I don't understand?"

Aurora almost wanted to laugh. "Lian, this is incredible. I mean, most people wouldn't have been able to survive under those circumstances, much less become a certifiable genius!" She gazed at him with wonder. To Lian, it was starting to become more apparent now that perhaps his case was a little more remarkable than he had ever thought. But still, it didn't seem like it should have been such a big deal to anyone. He shrugged half-heartedly. "I s-suppose." He said in a quiet voice.

Aurora suddenly stopped her celebrating, and frowned with realization. "Wait, so Lian...you have no idea who left you here?"

[67][68][67]
[56]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer