Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: When Harry Met Sally (When Lian Met Ro) [Self]

Postby AuroraSky » 02/09/2015 11:50 AM

"Wonderful!" Mirage exclaimed as soon as the door had come into view. They were home free! She glanced up at Aurora, who she had noticed had not taken her gaze off of Lian ever since they had decided to leave. She rolled her eyes. It was just like Aurora to be fascinated with who looked to be a mad scientist. And once again, Mirage would have to be the rational one. She looked up at Lian. "Well, sir, we thank you for all you've done." She wasn't really sure what she was thanking him before, but it looked to be the perfect segue to getting the hell out of there. "And it was very nice to meet you."

Lian blinked. "I-It was nice to meet you too." He paused. "I wish you didn't have to go so soon..." He said, his words barely audible.

"Yes well, traffic and what not. Aurora, are you ready? How's your arm?"

Aurora snapped back into the conversation, her head jerking with the effort. "Hmm? Oh, yeah," She flexed her fingers again. "It feels fine" She could not hide the disappointment in her voice. She had had so many questions about Lian that remained unanswered, and she doubted she would ever get the opportunity again. How often did you get to meet a real life mad scientist? Never!

"But oh, oh," She suddenly found herself saying, unable to stop herself. She used her free hand to reach behind her and massage the small of her back. "That, that really hurts." A wince. "Yep, ow, owww!"

[41][31][41]
[30]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/10/2015 12:49 AM

Lian could feel himself begin to panic at Aurora Sky's sudden outbursts of pain. She had seemed fine just a moment ago, and now she looked as if she would not be able to take another step! What had he done? "A-Aurora Sky!" He exclaimed, rushing to awkwardly grab for the Island Princess before she stumbled backwards.

The Dra-cyoo-li, for whatever reason, had suddenly had a very bewildered, sour look on her face. "Aurora-I'm sure that you'll still be able to-"

"Mirage, please." Aurora Sky said, with a small whimper. She was practically Limp in Lian's arms now. "I fell down an entire flight of stairs, and you want me to trek through the forests? In the pouring rain?" She looked up at Lian with large, brown, sad eyes. "Doesn't that sound terrible Lian?"

He blushed staring into her. He did not want to make the Dra-cyoo-li mad, and she looked like she was going to be very, very mad, but if Aurora Sky wanted to rest then he would have some extra time with her! And what could be better than that? "Y-Yes, it does. Very terrible?"

"Exactly." Aurora Sky wrapped her arms around Lian's neck now, and every single fiber of his being was lit on fire. "So Lian, please take me somewhere where I can rest."

[31]
[42][32][42]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/11/2015 5:47 PM

Aurora didn't need to look at Mirage to know she was practically seething at her. She had done this sort of thing many times before. Mirage was always the cautious one who always tried her best to deliver them from danger, and Aurora had always been the one to egg the situation on. Purely for sport. "I-I have a few extra bedrooms upstairs..." Lian said quietly, clearly very uncomfortable now.

"Sounds perfect. Hand me Eggy." Lian did, and without turning around Aurora finished with, "Mirage, are you coming?"

~

"This place is amazing." Aurora exclaimed, lying flat on her back on one of the guest bedroom's more-than-king sized beds. For the past few minutes she had been examining what pieces of the ceiling she could in the light of the lantern. It had been painted masterfully, depicting scenes from what looked to be of the olden battles of the Purines and Imperials. Every single last detail, from the facial expressions to the blades of grass, impressed and wowed her. "Mirage, are you seeing this?"

The Draculi had been glumly sitting at the edge of the bed, her head resting on one paw. They should have been a mile from this place by now, but instead they were stuck for the night and being forced to look at some art. She had known what it was Aurora had done, how she had lied, and was very cross with her. "How do they do it." She said lamely.

"Oh, Mir." Aurora said, rolling onto her stomach and crawling to her friend. "Don't be such a sour puss. Lian is being so nice; he's even gone to get up some supper. You love supper."

"Everyone loves supper!"

[43][33][43]
[32]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/11/2015 5:55 PM

What to do, what to do, what to do, what to do? Making dinner for himself was easy; he just slapped some canned beans and vegetables into a bowl and he was fine. But Aurora Sky was probably used to meals of magnificence, and if the Dra-cyoo-li didn't like the food she would surely try to make them leave again. Lian wiped the sweat from his brow and sighed. If Ed had been here, he would surely know what to do. "So think like Ed." Lian told himself, furrowing his eyebrows.

Lian opened up the refrigerator and pulled out the bottom shelf, stacking everything in there in his thin arms. After he had slammed the shelf closed with his foot, he dumped everything onto the counter. Squash, cucumbers, carrots, apples, onions, cantalopes...everything fresh from his greenhouse. Maybe a salad? Or some stew? He must have had some vegetable broth somewhere...

[33]
[44][34][44]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/12/2015 3:29 PM

"We should have left Aurora. That man is dangerous. He tried to kill us when we got here, he injured you, and anyone who lives alone in this place can't be right in the head!"

"Well we don't know if he actually lives by himself, Mir." Aurora defended. "He could have some family or some friends we don't know about." Mirage scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, of course. He must absolutely have some family members and friends in this castle who he's never mentioned or who has still failed to make an experience after he tried to behead us. Great deduction skills, Ro, really, bravo."

Aurora sighed with impatience, sitting up on the bed now. It was clear that Mirage was going to be Mirage, and Aurora was having too much fun enjoying their adventure to have her mood sullied by the Draculi now. And she was getting into that stage of anger where she started throwing around insults. "I'm going downstairs to help Lian with the supper." She announced, pushing herself off of the enormous bed and stomping her way through the door.

"Make sure not to fall!"

[45][35][45]
[34]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/12/2015 3:37 PM

Lian had been stumped. He was leaning on his elbows on the counter, his hands cradling his palms in defeat. Before him had been a spread consisting of the entire edible contents of his kitchen, and beside him was an unstable tower of cookbooks he had finally blown the dust off of. Lian had wanted to make a meal that would blow Aurora Sky and the Dra-cyoo-li away, and he was completely stumped. Why couldn't he just build a meal in his lab? "You alright there?" A small voice asked from the doorway. Lian's head snapped up to look at Aurora Sky, who had been shyly standing just outside the kitchen. He stood up straight immediately.

"Er, nope! E-Everything is completely under control!" He lied. Aurora Sky nodded slowly and narrowed her eyes at the very concentrated countertops. "Right, because it really looks like everything is under control here." She teased.

Lian blushed and put his hands behind his back, rocking a little back and forth. "Okay...I-I don't really know how to cook that well." He admitted quietly, looking at the ground.

Aurora Sky nodded and stepped inside, coming to stand opposite him on the either end of the counter. "Well, what do you normally eat?" She asked him. Lian thought for a moment, and then sighed. "Ed usually makes most of the food, he's a genius in the kitchen. And when he's gone I guess I just...slap some things onto a plate?" He honestly had never really noticed; he was almost more focused on this experiments than things like eating and sleeping.

[35]
[46][36][46]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/15/2015 9:32 PM

Aurora had to stifle a little laughter. This boy was helpless; she was utterly surprised that he had made it this long on his own. She placed her hands on the table and surveyed the surplus again. "Well lucky for you, I do know a thing or two about cooking." She picked up a cucumber in her hand and examined it. Where was he growing these things? "And by the looks of it we have just the right ingredients to make a zucchini noodle recipe I'm sort of famous for back home." Aurora smiled.

Lian had all of a sudden looked very determined. "I want to help." He said firmly. Aurora raised her eyebrows, unsure if that was such a good idea. Lian had seemed a little clumsy (and very inexperienced in the kitchen) and she would have felt terrible if she allowed Lian to burn down his own castle. She would definitely have to keep a close eye on him but, "Okay." Aurora agreed with a smile. "Why don't you grab your noodle press, if you have one. And I'll start cleaning up the zucchini."

"Okay!" Lian said cheerily, dashing out through the door. Aurora stared after him, puzzled. Where was he going?

[47][37][47]
[36]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/16/2015 12:02 PM

When Lian returned, he slapped a machine onto the counter with a heavy thunk. He looked up excitedly to Aurora Sky who had a very dumbfounded expression on her delicate face. "It's the noodle press!" He explained, pointing to the machine that had honestly looked less like a noodle press and more like a car engine. "I built it years ago," he blew into one of the pipes and a small puff of dust flew out and in Aurora Sky's direction.

She coughed and fanned her face. "How exactly does this thing work, Lian? I mean, most noodle presses are small and have a little crank and it's just a lot more..." She paused. "Simple." Simple? Oh, dear. Lian had never built anything for just simplicity before; he loved making machines that had numerous functions so they didn't become obsolete as quick. "Yes, but see," Lian said, struggling to turn the machine around to fully face Aurora Sky. "This is so much more than just a noodle press! It also makes bananas into ice cream with this level back here." He pointed to it. "So you can have both dinner and dessert made it just one machine!"

Lian beamed down at the Noodle Press/Banana Ice Cream maker with unending pride. "Isn't it fantastic?"

[37]
[48][38][48]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/16/2015 12:10 PM

Aurora nodded nervously. "It sure is something all right." The 'Noodle Press' was unlike any noodle press she had ever come across before (aside from the fact that it also made banana ice cream). It had all sorts of wires poking out and hanging off of it, valves that Aurora couldn't get what they were for, and at least fourteen light up buttons. Why did it need so many buttons? Noodle presses didn't even use buttons. She looked at Lian apprehensively, but was met with a very childlike stare of enthusiasm. And so despite her better judgment Aurora said, "Let's give it a shot."

"Okay, so zucchini noodles need to be made from zucchini, obviously." She began to rummage through the kitchen drawers in the effort to find a knife or a cutting board. "Hey Lian, do you have any knives here?"

"I have a vegetable cutting machine!"

Aurora stood rigid, very nervously. She had seen how Lian had done with pointy objects before, and wasn't sure she was ready to face whatever the vegetable cutting machine was. "That's...great," Aurora praised. "But maybe we should just do it ourselves, you know, the old fashioned way?" Lian blinked at her with obvious confusion.

[49][39][49]
[38]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/18/2015 11:31 PM

The old fashioned way? Lian scratched his head. But why would they exert themselves physically when science was willing to do all of the work? Besides, he hadn't had the chance to test out his VCM (vegetable cutting machine) and now was the perfect opportunity. It was efficient, it was reliable, it was...Lian looked at Aurora Sky, who appeared very skeptical. It was not what she wanted. And Lian did not want to upset Aurora Sky or make her want to go home. "O-Okay." He reluctantly agreed. Aurora Sky looked satisfied, almost seemed to breathe a sigh of relief, and she pointed to the sink. "Now if you're going to help me you better wash those hands. I will too; that machine was dusty."

Once their hands were clean, Aurora Sky set out a cutting board and gently placed a small, very small, knife into Lian's hands. "Do you know how to do it?" She asked. Lian flushed. He knew how to cut things up, just not vegetables. Aurora Sky seemed to sense this and walked to stand behind him, her front pressed up against his back. Lian froze. This was a new feeling. And he liked it.

[39]
[50][40][50]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/20/2015 2:47 PM

Aurora gently placed her hands on Lian's and carefully guided them to slice the vegetables in a good, fluid motion. Once she was satisfied that his clumsy self had gotten the hang of it and she would no longer have to terrified if he would cut her face off on accident, she went to grab some seasonings. As she rifled through the cabinets, she tried to come up with some sort of conversation for the strange man. She remembered something peculiar he had said not moments ago. "Hey, Lian?" Aurora asked.

"Hmm?" Lian asked, his eyebrows still furrowed as he concentrated on his task. Aurora thought it was cute how concentrated he was over something as simple as slicing veggies. "Earlier you mentioned that you didn't cook because someone named Ed did it for you. Right?"

"Mmhm." Lian remembered, nodding his head.

"Who is Ed? And why isn't he here now?"

[51][41][51]
[40]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/20/2015 2:54 PM

"Eggy, we can't stay here." Mirage said, now lying on her own back just like Aurora had been doing, examining the great ceiling. She had to admit that it really was breathtaking, all of the detail that had gone into it. But some ceiling artwork would never be enough to convince her that spending the night in this very dark place with a mad scientist stranger was a good idea. Mirage had considered taking Eggy and leaving themselves, leaving Aurora behind, but that thought had been quickly pushed aside. She knew in her heart she would, or could, never bring herself to leave Aurora's side. She sighed. She would follow that damn girl right off of a cliff.

Eggy chirped beside her, and although Mirage couldn't understand him the way that Aurora could, she chose to believe that he was in agreement with her. "She's so...taken with him. I don't understand it. He tried to  kill us, but apparently he has some fascinating backstory so none of that matters." Eggy chirped. "Well it matters to me. This Lian guy is no good," She turned onto her stomach triumphantly. "And we aren't going to wait for Aurora to figure it out. I bet this guy has a bunch of skeletons in his closet just begging to be released!" Maybe even some real ones...Mirage shivered. "And we're going to prove it. Are you in?"

Eggy chirped.

[52][42][52]
[41]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/21/2015 3:48 PM

It had taken Lian a second to break himself from cutting the vegetables, working his best to make every single slice the most precise possible. He wanted them to be just to Aurora Sky's satisfaction. When he had found himself a good stopping point, he placed the knife neatly on the counter and adjusted his glasses. "Ed is my...assistant, I suppose." He explained. "He usually is around to help me, but I've recently sent him on a task for," Lian paused, struggling to find the right words so that Aurora Sky would not be suspicious. "Materials." He finished.

"Oh." Aurora Sky said, not taking her eyes off of him. Lian found himself blushing and went to pick the knife up again. "So...did you have to hire him or something?" He had almost wanted to laugh at that. Of course he hadn't hired Ed, that would have been ridiculous and expensive! Besides, what kind of a mad scientist hired assistance?

"No. I built him." He told Aurora Sky, a proud grin on his face.

"Oh, I see! So he's a robot?"

Lian frowned. A robot?

[41]
[52][42][52]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/22/2015 7:47 PM

In the corner of the bedroom on a dark wood nightstand had been a little decorative shopping cart, filled with an assortment of increasingly terrifying dolls. It reminded Mirage of both a horror movie and her late grandmother's powder room. She leapt up onto the nightstand, tensing when it began to wobble a bit, and used her teeth to discard the dolls onto the floor. Once strewn carelessly on the floor, the dolls seemed to glare at Mirage loathingly, and she had to remind herself that dolls did not have thoughts or feelings. But maybe the dolls in this place did. She was grateful when the cart was empty. "Eggy, your royal chariot awaits!" She sang to the egg, who was propped up on the bed and watching Mirage with great curiosity.

Mirage held her breath and gave the cart a gentle push so it too would topple to the floor. It looked like it had seen much better days, and she feared with its age it would just shatter on impact. Luckily however, it just made a clanging noise but remained very much intact. "Huzzah!" Mirage exclaimed, landing next to it and turning the thing over. She cleared a path through the dolls and pushed the cart so it was stationed right beneath the spot where Eggy was perched. He blinked nervously, seeing how far down he would have to make it. Mirage hopped up onto the bed beside him and gave him a reassuring smile, and then without warning shoved the egg right over the edge. If Eggy could talk, he would have screamed in terror.

But luckily again, Eggy landed right in the shopping cart, the cart rolling forward a tiny bit with the effort. "Brilliant!" Mirage said, patting herself on the back. Eggy chirped with relief. Mirage jumped by his side, swiped her muzzle against him affectionately, and wrapped her tail around the handle of the cart. "Onward, Eggy!" She shouted, pulling the cart with Eggy in tow.

Oh what an adventure!

[53][43][53]
[42]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/23/2015 12:42 AM

"A robot?" Lian chuckled for a reason that Aurora didn't quite understand. "Oh, no, no, no." He said, waving his hands in front of him. Lian adjusted his glasses. "Ed is not a robot. He's only half bionic." He said, as if that was supposed to make Aurora understand any better. She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "I'm not understanding you here, pal." For a second, she wondered where Mirage and Eggy were and what they were doing. It wasn't as if there was a television or something upstairs that they could occupy themselves with, and surely Mirage must have been finished broiling by now. Lian popped her out of her thoughts. "Bionic? Having artificial body parts, most often electromechanical?" He stated as if reading it from a book.

Aurora had been familiar with the term bionic, yes, she wasn't an idiot, but she thought that was only the kind of stuff that people watched in those stupid sci-fi movies. "So, your friend Ed is half 'artificial body parts'?" She asked him, tossing the vegetables that she had been seasoning. Lian nodded enthusiastically. "Exactly! Half Lubshi, half bionic." He seemed pleased with her understand, but Aurora did not smile back.

"So..." She paused, afraid to even ask the question. "Why is he half bionic in the first place?" She wasn't sure that she was too interested in the answer.

[53][43][53]
[42]

[

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky