Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Brotherhood [P][M:A]

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 2:00 AM

To clarify the tag, this involves a one-sided physical confrontation between adult brothers and mentions a long past torture.

Kamon

He was thankful for the tip, he really was, but if Kamon for one second ever said he wasn't terrified, he'd be lying.

Mwenye was nothing like the calami he had been. Sure, he had been bipolar and had issues finding a medication that worked for him when he actually had the money for it, but there was a side to him that was more like a father than an older brother.

It was rough, but Mwenye was bothered most of all. Kamon had the sinking suspicion that he had been offered free medication for his disorder when he had vanished, only to reappear within the walls of Einsor's Lab as a heartless panzer.

The only really good thing about this situation was that his son - now his son - was too young to remember it.

Kamon sighed and slid his paw across his mane. Maybe he wasn't giving Einsor enough credit. No one really knew what went on in there - maybe they actually had been trying to cure his bipolar disorder... You know, by removing one of his conflicting elemental powers, and... only too late realized that they'd picked the wrong one.

It wasn't realistic, but Kamon clung to the theory. He could barely bear the knowledge that he no longer had his lifetime role model to guide him, let alone bear the knowledge that said role model was torn from his warm bed and son, screaming, only to be led down a dark tunnel and tortured by strangers for two months.

He bit back tears and wondered if Mwenye ever screamed for mercy.

It wouldn't be long now before he could ask him himself.

If Kamon for one second ever said he wasn't terrified, he would be lying. His brother was gone - there was only Balikrag left. Balikrag, the tyrant king. The panzer. The one said to have a heart made from ice and the blood of innocents.

In maybe twenty steps, Kamon would have him all alone, and - though it wasn't supposed to be this way - be at his mercy.

He was shaking.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Re: Brotherhood [P][M:A]

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 2:11 AM

Balikrag

Balikrag crouched on the floor, eyes shut, wings tucked tightly at his sides, tail curled atop his hind paw, the whispering of immortal frost demons tickling his ears and whitening the floor beneath him.

The darkness and seclusion of the Cathedral was almost romantic to him. In any case, it was the perfect place to meditate, what with all the latent darkness energy lurking about. Perhaps some would rub off - he had been after the life-drinking power of those that wielded the element for weeks now.

The sound of an ancient door creaking open somewhat startled him. He had been alone for nearly the whole day in here; to say he wasn't expecting a visitor would be putting it lightly.

He turned his head to face whoever it was that was entering, his blood-red eyes gleaming brightly in the dim light, reflecting off the points of his large, curved horns ominously.

"Who are you?"
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 2:22 AM

Kamon had felt brave when he opened the door without hesitation, but was subsequently stricken in place by fear.

Those eyes... if anything were to truly scream that he was facing death incarnate right now, it would be those eyes. The whole room reflected their light, and their light looked just like blood. Blood on his horns, the walls, the floor... like there had been a homicide.

It took a moment for Kamon to regain his composure, but he did.

"Your brother," he stated, voice a little hoarse.

Balikrag raised an eyebrow.

Kamon swallowed before he spoke again. "You don't remember me, but before you were this, you had a family, and..." he said, and paused to bite the tip of his tongue to force back tears, "...we cared about you."

"We care about you still. I don't know why you took over Althea or why you lead your armies against its people, but I am willing to forgive you. Leave your throne and its people behind, peacefully, and you will be welcomed home as though you had never left it."
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 2:41 AM

Balikrag's entire body shook with laughter.

"You amuse me, Althean," he said, and rose. The muscles in his legs tensed and rippled, his fur crackled as the built-up frost coating them shattered, and his long, lethal claws pierced the stone floor for balance as though it were butter. As he turned to face Kamon head-on, his great wings briefly spread, showing nearly their full wingspan and leaving long gashes in the wooden walls of the room.

Kamon forced himself to stand tall. Balikrag was already two feet taller than he; he did not need to look any taller.

When Balikrag crossed the room, clawtips clicking, frost cracking, only to stop inches from his nose, breathing frost on his face... standing tall suddenly became much harder.

"Tell me, kundra," Balikrag said, "What motivation do I have to return to a family I, for all that I know, have never met?"

It was difficult for Kamon to tell what emotion he spoke with, for his voice was so deep and growled that it all sounded angry. He had practiced responses with the help of a friend, but each depended on a certain reaction, so he had no idea which one to go with.

Balikrag could see Kamon struggling to respond, and it could very well be purely from the fear, but decided he didn't like the wait anyhow.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 3:04 AM

Kamon woke on his back, facing the dusty, stained-glass ceiling of what was quite clearly a different room. He rolled to stand and immediately curled into the fetal position in pain.

In doing so, he noticed a giant hole smashed into the wall he now faced, partially because Balikrag was stepping through it toward him.

His heart raced, and due to the sudden increase in oxygen in his brain, Kamon then realized four things - one, that he had just been knocked unconscious by a blow so powerful it nearly propelled him through two walls, two, that Balikrag was probably expecting an answer to that question now, three, that he had zero recollection of what that question was due to being knocked out, and four, since he couldn't answer a question he couldn't remember, he was most likely going to be in for a world of pain now.

Balikrag flipped him onto his back again with a swat and pressed his massive paw into Kamon's throat, causing the kundra to gag and grip his wrist with all four sets of claws. In response, the panzer pressed harder, partially crushing the rubble beneath him.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/20/2014 3:07 AM

"Truth to be told," Balikrag said, expressionless, "I don't care if you give me a reason or not. I will never abandon my power." He lifted his paw from Kamon's throat, and the kundra painfully gasped. He then swung once more, smashing him clear through the wall he hadn't managed to get him through the first time.

Though Kamon was terrified to the point of feeling ill, struggling to rise to his feet, and bleeding from the nose, he had secretly impressed Balikrag. It was rare that the panzer lord met a foe that could withstand one of his devastating blows, and Kamon had not only taken two to the face, he looked well enough to handle a third.

Balikrag stepped through this next wall and into the room with his supposed brother to find out. He could not care less about the Altheans - he only cared about warriors. Theirs was a city of not even useful scholars, but pathetic, weak, fruitless artists. To him, 'Althean' was synonymous with any interchangeable species of garden weed.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/25/2014 10:14 PM

Kamon's entire world spun wildly, and it took him a great effort to rise to his feet. He only managed in time to see Balikrag's great paw swinging toward his head, and closed his eyes, braced for impact.

A piercing yowl snapped him back to reality, and he opened his eyes to see a great, furry thing in his mouth. The biting cold across his tongue brought him to realize that the thing, the furry thing clamped very tightly in his teeth, was Balikrag's right paw.

Balikrag only wasted one second over the pain in his wrist. The fiend had clamped his sharp teeth down onto the joint, where Balikrag's thick fur was thinnest, and he was truly feeling his -

No! Balikrag cried, not my weakness. A misstep. It was merely a misstep.

Rumbling deep and loud with fury, the panzer yanked his paw back, hard. He had aimed to rip out a tooth in the process, but Kamon's teeth were strongly rooted.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 08/25/2014 10:28 PM

Seething, Balikrag arched his paw well over his head, such that even his torso moved, and brought it down toward Kamon's skull with all of his might. He had only intended to punish before, but now he moved to kill.

Once again, his paw was caught, and once again, he yowled.

Had he been a creature of heat, he would be foaming at the mouth. This was beyond his comprehension. There was no logical reason why this kundra - this artist - would suddenly gain the strength and skill to block his throws.

Kamon was equally perplexed, although considerably more thankful. Briefly, the thought that some pitying higher forces had taken control to spare him, but felt the incredible ache in his jaws and teeth and found it unlikely. He merely had the necessary reflexes, although he was not sure how long they would last. To stay and fight Balikrag would be foolish.

Before the panzer lord could free himself and swing a third time, Kamon dropped his paw and ran.

(5)
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/13/2014 4:49 PM

The grand halls, ceilings, and cracking floors shook under the might of Balikrag's roar. True to his nature, his great voice resembled the cracking of glaciers, and stained-glass ceiling of the third room shattered with its similar strength.

Balikrag strode after the fleeing kundra, cold, red eyes set in their fury, ignoring the colorful glass shards that rained upon him and slid through his thick fur - they could not harm him.

His blood, had it been capable, would have boiled. He was not willing to believe it - his biological brother, born with his strength and his endurance... an artist? It could not possibly be true. He refused to accept weakness into his bloodline - refused!

I do not need to, Balikrag realized with a dark smirk. If I end him, it will be as though he never existed.

Let it be so.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/18/2014 12:14 AM

Kamon didn't bother looking back; he was headed elsewhere. The rubble made sprinting difficult, as did his injuries, and the occasional jolt of panic as Balikrag let rip with a massive roar was even more to consider.

Even so, he did his best - tripping, wheezing, shuffling, and stubbing all the way. It was certainly painful, but pain was life, and he didn't want to die here - not for someone he clearly no longer knew, and who clearly no longer knew him.

He came skidding to a halt at a dead end, and turned to double back - but was faced with a problem. Thankfully, his problem was not one covered in icy fur, although too much hesitation might lead to it. To be specific, his issue was this - the way "back" was one of four, and Balikrag's roar seemed to come from all at once.

"Let me go, Balikrag!" he shakily called out, voice rasping. With any luck, Balikrag would respond in a normal speaking tone, one that wouldn't echo throughout the halls, and Kamon could hear which path he came from.

As he waited, he bit his lip and glanced down each path anxiously, attempting to pick one in the event that Balikrag held his tongue.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate