Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

An Age-Old Curse, The Ancient Guardian (Mature, Anyone)

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/26/2014 9:41 PM

(Kirk Grimm)

The soft sound of a ghostly breeze rustled through the grass and leaves. In the distance, the cathedral loomed like a sentinel of times long passed and religions long forgotten. Only the faintest of moonlight shone through the faded stained glass windows, some jagged and broken from vandalism. Vines that had grown dormant in the turning of the season clung to the ornate architecture as nature painstakingly attempted to reclaim this abandoned land. For years, rumors of hauntings and demonic summoning had circulated Evelon. Myths and speculations of what the strange beings in the glass and peeling paintings inside were, and how they were worshiped drifted across groups of religious scholars and occultists. Many who had entered returned unwilling to speak of their experience beyond the eroded threshold.

Inside, a dank, musty smell hung heavy in the air. Dust particles danced in the dim beams of light, which offered little respite from the consuming blackness. The amount of destruction inside was much less than one would expect for such an ancient building. Most of the decay came from age, with a few exceptions. Artifacts that would have been found near or on the altar had long since been taken by robbers and archaeologists. Some ended up in museums, others on the black market to be used for recreating ancient rituals.

An old staircase wound its way up into the darkness. Very few had stayed long enough to make it up those stairs, and those who did rarely spoke of what they had seen. It has been said that the bell tower is home to a long dead soul who guards the church. Little do they know just how cursed this soul is...

(Paranormal investigators or other spirit workers preferred. My goal is to find someone who can break the curse which binds him to this location. I've never rp'd him before so I'll be getting to know his personality as we go along. All I know for sure is that he's Scottish. ^_^)
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Re: An Age-Old Curse, The Ancient Guardian (Mature, Anyone)

Postby Mousen » 09/27/2014 4:30 AM

She wasn't even getting paid for this. Some kids had found her office (goodness knows how they'd managed it, there was a good reason it was out of the way) and told her about this. About what they'd found when they'd come to this place looking for ghosts. Tch. Kids. Always messing with things that they couldn't understand, they'd been lucky that they hadn't been hurt.

But, perhaps that was why she was here. Because despite her curmudgeonly exterior, dammit, she didn't like to see kids being scared. They were old enough to take care of themselves, old enough to know better, but it wasn't nice. You couldn't scare kids like that and expect to get away from it. Her sense of justice was going to get her killed one of these days, she knew. It was going to get her killed and she wasn't even going to be paid for it.

That being said, Ernestine Solomon didn't intend to give up without a fight. Stood outside the cathedral, the cold air blew her hair back from her face, causing the ends of her duster jacket to twist upwards. Around her shoulders, resting like a mink stole was Delos. More mist than substance, with eyes like torches.

At the threshold, she paused. She could feel the atmosphere of the cathedral, a heavy feeling. Like being trapped in a small dark room.

"Are you going to stand there all night?" The creature around her shoulders asked, with a voice that sounded raspy through disuse.

Solomon shook her head. "Just admiring the scenery."

"What scenery? It's as dark as a coal house, you can't see shit."

Ernestine Solomon said nothing in reply as she stepped inside the ruined cathedral.

((Sorry for the language, you did mark it as mature, so I'm assuming it's okay?? Let me know if it isn't and I'll change it.))

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/27/2014 1:35 PM

Up in the bell tower, a black silhouette stood against the darkness, watching the grounds below. Its form was completely concealed in shadows. The sight of the woman and what appeared to be a small demon set the entity on edge. It could tell from the woman's aura that she was spiritually sensitive, probably another investigator. He vaguely remembered the group of youngins he had frightened away a few nights earlier. They had brought spray paint with the intent of defacing the glass, which had brought on the entitie's wrath.

The energy inside took on a dark, threatening tone when the two creatures stepped inside. The guardian was on the defense. It moved from the bell tower and down through the floor to the second floor, watching with his aura. It did not wish to be discovered by these investigators, but if they threatened this place, he would have no choice but to reveal himself. At the ghost's will, the temperature in the creaky cathedral began to drop.

((Language isn't an issue for me at all. ^_^))

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 09/28/2014 9:23 AM

Solomon chuckled, and the sound echoed faintly though the cathedral. Her eyes were tiny pinpricks of light, taking what little illumination there was and reflecting it. "In the beginning, I understand that it was easier to underestimate me to save face, but now it's just embarrassing, Delos."

The demon's gaze flicked towards her, and it seemed to shift slightly, arching it's back. "Low magic," it hissed. "Watch it, little magician, you'll end up a little witch. You can't survive on borrowed power then."

The magician shrugged, and Delos curled closer around her shoulders, their dispute coming to an end as she walked down the main aisle. Personal matters could be taken care of later, but it was time to work. The pews were long gone, and the stonework was crumbling. There was the smell of damp and limestone, and something else beneath that, old... but rotten, with a harsh, metallic edge...

Ugh. This was going to be a pain. The question was: how could she get this over with as quickly as possible?

Solomom was tempted to just set up a sprite trap and leave, but if she was wrong she risked angering anything from a vengeful spirit to a powerful demon. No, it'd be better to wait and see what was around. Gauge its power and react accordingly. She looked up at the east window, once the crowning feature of the cathedral, but now marred by time. Her breath condensed around her. It was getting very cold.

"We've got company," Delos commented idly.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/29/2014 3:07 AM

A threatening twinge buzzed at the edge of the entity's energy. Ahh, so this one was another exorcist, or something to that affect. The ghost went ethereal and slowly glided down through the floor, hovering near the ceiling to the first floor. He allowed his wings to form just briefly, long enough for him to flutter them, sending a soft echo through the long dead structure. He had no interest in speaking, but since they knew he was there anyway, he may as well confirm it for them. After his signal, he returned to his black, shadowy state.

The room had become even colder since he had entered it. It was his way of warning would-be vandalists. As long as they did no harm to his final resting place, he would have no reason to fully reveal himself. For now, he watched and waited.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/04/2014 4:46 AM

Solomon frowned, hearing a soft echo move through the cathedral. It was distorted, but it sounded... like wings, perhaps? The temperature was dropping fast. She was sure that if she stepped outside into the autumn air, it'd be much warmer than it was here.

Might as well bite the bullet, as it were. She had her materials with her, if it was provoked Solomon was reasonable sure she could defend herself. Besides, she didn't know how powerful it was yet, she might not even need to defend herself against it.

"I know you see me, spirit. Come out and show yourself. This cat and mouse game gets old fast." She had her back to the east window, looking along the length of the cathedral, where the congregation would have sat before things started to crumble. "I mean neither you nor the cathedral any harm." Not yet, anyway.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 10/07/2014 8:13 PM

This woman's abrasiveness intrigued the spirit. Many self-proclaimed "paranormal investigators" had entered here attempting to provoke him like one would call an animal, but this woman seemed to be addressing him directly. He had ceased dropping the temperature and was now holding it at a constant, icy state. His goal was not to freeze them, after all. In response, he moved across the roof of the first floor again, giving his inter-dimensional wings one great beat as he hovered overhead.

"What d'yah want from 'ere...?" A male, heavily accented disembodied voice seemed to emanate from everywhere in the room, seeping from the energy that blanketed the first floor. It carried multiple octaves, but was generally fairly light sounding. There was an obvious rasp. Though he no longer possessed vocal chords, he had not used his energetic voice in quite some time.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/11/2014 2:19 PM

So it could talk. Huh. Interesting. Solomon tried to work out where the voice was actually coming from, but it was no use. The ghost was clearly using it's gifts. "I want to find out what you are, why you scared those kids away from here, and determine whether or not you're a danger to humans. The answers to the aforementioned points of interest will determine my course of action from there. So, I'd really appreciate it if you'd be forthcoming with your answers. It'll save us both time."

She swept her hair back from her face, eyes glancing around the cathedral. She couldn't see anything unusual yet, but the spirit had definitely taken notice of her. It had a choice now, answer her questions or refuse to communicate, she hoped it would have the sense to choose the former. Solomon would have liked to avoid forcing answers out of another spirit if she possibly could.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 10/12/2014 2:30 AM

As much as he hated to admit it, the woman's direct approach caught him off guard. Most creatures that came in here had their little recording devices and holy water, looking for a quick kick or an easy exorcism. More often than not, he had to use extra energy to get the mortals to hear him. What was this woman? And what was she doing in his cathedral? "Ah've no use fer human affairs, lass..." his scratchy whisper of a voice resonated in the first direct answer he'd given in centuries. Though he was wary of her and not willing to give much detail as of yet. She could still turn out to be a threat.

"Those wee bastards came skulkin' in 'ere to deface sacred ground..." The pronounced roll to his r's indicated a prominent Scottish chime in his voice. "What business d'yah have bringin' that filthy creature in 'ere...?" His voice had become slightly offended as he directed his attention to the demon coiled around the woman's shoulders.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 10/27/2014 5:47 PM

((Sorry for keeping you waiting. College has been taking its toll. :c < 333))

She raised her eyebrows. "And I have no use for the affairs of archaic spirits, yet here we are." Solomon remained firm, she wasn't afraid of this creature. He (she was assuming) seemed to be fairly reasonable, if he was reasonable they could talk, reach an agreement or a compromise.

"Oh." Solomon frowned, they hadn't told her that. "They failed to mention that much. That does change things, but the point still remains." It made his reaction more understandable, if anything. There was, however, a line between defending your home and traumatizing kids, whatever ill they'd caused you.

Huh. She'd been wondering when that was going to be mentioned. "I'm a summoner, I summon things, generally demons. I've found that creatures like Delos come in handy during my line of work. Though... I doubt that a little imp like Delos is the worst you've had in this cathedral. It is hardly the... holiest of buildings any more. I wouldn't be able to get Delos in here, if it were."

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 10/29/2014 4:52 AM

While part of him hated to admit it, Kirk knew full well the cathedral's peaceful, holy grounds had been contaminated for centuries. Though he was chosen to protect it, age and possibly even his own anger had desecrated it and attracted many a dark being. Some of those darker individuals had even used his own energy in dark rituals, which explained why this woman describing herself as a 'summoner' irked him all the more. "Come in 'ere lookin' to perform some ritual an' use my energy, are ya then?" The spirit was growling faintly now. "Ah don't much like summoners."

Another windy echo resonated through the room as Kirk moved toward the floor, still keeping a safe distance. A black, smokey mass now hovered above the two intruders. "Whut 'line of work' do yah think justifies comin' in 'ere and doin' more damage than has been done already?" The growl continued to vibrate, and a pair of red, glowing eyes opened from the blackness as the spirit looked down on them. Whatever this summoner was planning, he would be prepared for it.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 11/23/2014 9:14 AM

Her jaw was set firm. "I might be a summoner, but it's not my job. I have no intention of summoning anything in this cathedral. Besides, this entire place is unstable, whatever you tried to summon here... Well, you'd have no guarantee of being able to control it. But I digress, by trade I'm an exorcist and private detective. My name is Ernestine Solomon." That seemed to answer both of his questions nicely, she could just see him now, the shadow he was choosing to appear as.

"I have a few questions of my own, if you don't mind." The stand off was becoming a little tense for her comfort. Normally creatures like this weren't human enough to keep up a conversation for this long. "What are you? And what is your purpose here?"

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate