Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Jaykobell » 01/20/2008 7:24 PM

Forced? How had she been forced to learn about it? Interesting. The two seemed to have had odd times in their lives. A similarity... "'A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person...'" the feline echoed, turning around so he would be facing the female Kuhna. "In other words... the opposite of hatred. Isn't it?" he meowed, his figure now rather close to Ferimia's.

A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

This particular definition kept ringing in his ears, as if he already knew what it was supposed to mean, in a way or another. Hmm... affection... Like hatred was an action that brought misery... was affection or love... an action that could bring happiness?

Such optimistic views... they made his head hurt. But now that he had the chance to look at Ferimia's face from up close, he noticed her eyes. The charming color of her eyes made it easier on his mind...

[39]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/20/2008 7:45 PM

Now she was back to complete conscious and aware, lost from her awake yet asleep feeling. It could have been described as floating on a cloud, now she was back down to earth. Just then, she wasn't very sure of anything. She wasn't sure what to feel or what to think about the questions, about Anthony himself. He was suddenly interested in this subject. And she was...What was she? She felt... safe, happy, warm, what? She must have liked being here with him, otherwise her physical self wouldn't have betrayed her will. She wouldn't have been purring and her tails wouldn't have be curling and flicking. Her mind wouldn't much let her register any of the things herself.

"Saying that would be...correct." She mewed, turning so that her eyes were right back into his. She fell silent, staring for some time before she said something else. "But love and hate are a good bit alike. Hate is sort of a form of love... Hate being a passionate dislike, and love being a passionate like. Either way, it's filled with a great passion toward its 'victim', if you will." Putting it that way, maybe it'd make more sense for him to understand. "They even go so far as to say 'all is fair in love and war'." Very much the same, and very different.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 12:43 AM

Hmm, this made things clearer, but also harder. How could they be the same and not quite the same at the same time? This was such a contradictory response, it basically made sense, but it didn't at the same time. "Life is... complicated..." the Doom Kitty replied, closing his eyes shortly.

Even though his eyelids were hiding whatever was in front of near him, the Doom Kitty was still seeing the female Kuhna, her pelt white as snow, her stripes shining with the sunlight, a warm smile on her figure, a charming body, and her eyes adorned with a small pair of glasses. Opening his eyes quite rapidly, Anthony found himself laying at the cathedral still. It felt like a dream, but that's not what it had been.

"And... dreams..." he meowed, starting to curl up in a ball. "Aren't they... things our imaginary would like to see or experience?"

[40 --lvl]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/21/2008 2:01 AM

"No one ever said that life was going to be easy." She commented in return. As someone who studied anything and everything, she knew this well. All details and rules in life had their exceptions and back doors. It couldn't be recorded perfectly, without mention that it wasn't perfect, just the norm. Even the norm was hard to point out. "That's why I work to crack it, the very best that it can be." Life would never be anything less then the most complicated thing to be invented.

She was silent after that little blurb, watching as the other feline's eyes slide closed. He was silent, and then they flew open again at a rate that nearly made her jump just from surprise.
"Dictionary would say something like: a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep. Though it would also be likely to say: an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake. Dreams can happen when asleep or awake. Often times it is tied to emotions, sometimes without the person even realizing such." She went ahead and provided the definition as she new it. Then she ventured to ask, "Why?" These recent questions he was asking sure were spontaneous.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 2:11 PM

He understood the process of images and thoughts... but of emotions? That made him nervous, doubtful. He would have been relieved has she not added dreams could happen even while you were awake. Unfortunately, it seemed like someone could dream even during the day, when wide awake. Now, this wasn't cool... Not at all.

Should he tell Ferimia about his vision of sorts? Or should he keep it for himself? Considering the situation, he figured maybe nothing would happen would he happen to tell her. But then again, the female still had no idea what was really up with the Doom Kitty, and their "bond" was still fairly small and fragile; she could go ahead and think he was some sort of pervert or something. Argh, this was hard, too...

Finally, the male decided not to tell. At least, not now. "No reason," he meowed back to her. "Such... kind-sounding things... are new to me," he meowed, flicking his tail, the limb unconsciously settling itself over Ferimia's pelt, as if to become a blanket.

[41]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/21/2008 2:43 PM

Now who was the one over thinking things? Compared to Anthony, the usually critical female was a little more...blissful and relaxed. Since she didn't know what was going on in his head, she didn't have much to think about. Where her own feelings might lay, she'd let them just...lay. It wasn't much like her to fall in love, but she knew better then to fight it if it happened upon her. Okay, she could very well fight it, and might, depending. Being so engaged in her work as she was, she often saw the outside world more trivial. She knew importance of doing other things, but that didn't mean that she'd act outside of her work. It just...depended. She wasn't sure how else to see it.

"I suspect you haven't discussed such topics before, rather innocent and pleasantly spontaneous ones. Both you have asked about are very spontaneous, in fact. Supposedly joys that its victim can not control." Using the term victim, in just the sense of the being effected by them. The Kuhna wasn't insisting either of the topics to be bad. As for his tail over her, she didn't mind. It made her warm, both naturally and the oddly fuzzy feeling kind that made her look down at her paws and glare, as if glaring at herself. She just didn't have a mirror. And she was attempting to tell herself to knock it off, though it was useless, as the body couldn't be controlled in every aspect.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 8:09 PM

The Doom Kitty looked away. "... No, I haven't," he meowed, sliding a paw over the other. "I've never been one to speak of such... happy things. I was a male to kill, to hate, to destroy. I never was... ..." Here he paused, cutting off his sentence as if he didn't know what word to use to describe his situation. ".... I was never programmed to feel or understand such things." One could have said or thought using the word "program" to be odd or uncalled for or improper, but so was the way the Doom Kitty saw his situation. "Created but to kill and hate and serve. Love, kindness... they're just about the only words I know about.... kindness."

He had promised he would tell her what was up with him, hadn't he? Well, that was what he was doing, sort of... Slowly telling the Kuhna why the feline had such a character and way of thinking and tastes. "I promised I'd explained to you what was up with me, didn't I?" he thought out loud, hoping this would distract, in a way, Ferimia from the love subject. The fast pace of his heart was bothering him...

[42]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/21/2008 9:18 PM

In truth, she didn't find it that weird. She could very well programmed to do something. In her case- it was to be obsessed with knowledge. Ferimia was trying to find a way to make Anthony more comfortable, but she wasn't sure how. Apparently, something she could say made him feel better, and other things she could say would have the opposite effect. It was certainly the same situation with actions. What she did could be good or bad, depending on how he took it, and that made it all the more difficult. "People do have to stick to what they are created for." She finally said, nudging him with her head to his shoulder.

She'd been wonder when he'd stop just handing her complicated clues and tell it to her straight. She nodded, soon lowering her head to her paws and looking up at him from under her lashes. "That you have." She confirmed, somewhat expectantly. Though he obviously hadn't explained anything to her yet.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/21/2008 9:38 PM

A nudge. Quite an unusual one at that. Using her small head, the female Kuhnas had bumped it against his shoulder, creating some sort of poke, or hit. But whatever she meant by it, it felt... not comfortable, but... how could he explain such a thing? It was odd, but not on the bad side of the medal; it was like a sweet, kind-hearted little head-butt of affection the female had done to show him she... cared? Or something of the like, he figured.

"Well... on to it, then." The male cleared his throat a bit and started telling his story:

"I have no memories of my birth. I am a pet that was created differently from normal pets. I have no mother, no father, per se. None that are biological, in any case. Sjaak -- the perverted B2 Rabbot -- is the one who created me, with the hope of getting an insurance against Senervel and Sandford, the brothers. The tattoo on my thigh is the same as the one worn by the Lucain and the Khimera: I was inflicted with their curse. This tattoo is my life, and theirs as well. If I die... so will they. But it is but a one-way spell. If Senervel or Sandford die, none of us will die. It is.... complicated. I believe Sjaak knew not how to fully summon the curse.

"Anyways. Sjaak played the role of the father to me, while I was a kit. Growing by his morals... I eventually developed a taste for killing and hating. It was when Senervel attacked Sjaak's laboratory that I got to face him for the first time. He beat me that time, of course, but starting from that day, I chased him around. He, too, seemed to be aiming for my life. I can't understand, since he'd die if he would manage to kill me. But maybe he knows something I do not...

"I lost my memories while we were battling. I believe Sandford was there. We were fighting, and I lost my balance. Striking again, I fell and hit my head over one of those huge trash dumps things. When I woke up... I had no memories. Not at all. Only my name remained. When I saw the tattoo, it freaked me out, so hid it with a bandage. And that's all I know."

[43]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/24/2008 11:08 AM

Ferimia was patient as the tale was told. She kept her silence, despite her bubbling interest in the tale. Some part of her wanted to bombarded Anthony with questions. Apparently, he had a peculiar life. More interesting then she. The Kuhna...she had nothing special about her, not like this. All she happened to be you're average, everyday Kuhna. She was born with two parents, who she obviously wasn't with long, a common thing these days. She was 'common' and lacked the quality of anything interesting. What had she become, she was a writer with an obsession for knowledge. Nothing seemed very special about that.

At first, she wasn't very sure what to say. What could she say to that? 'I'm sorry that you're father is a pervert, used you as a tool and now wants to kill you.' No, that just didn't work. "I can't believe that that thing created you." At this point, she wasn't thinking very highly of Sjaak at all. Not that she ever had, since she met him when his intentions were to kill. When someone tried to kill you, among the plans for other things, you didn't exactly ever have a chance to look up at them. Well, except maybe in this case. Would Anthony have killed her, if he hadn't lost his ability to do such? Probably...
"But, perhaps it's childish to say so without reason, but I'm glad that he did." If that perverted Rabbot had never created him, they wouldn't be sitting here right now having this conversation. "I'm probably not much of a help, probably more of a burden actually, but if there is something I could do, if you still want to figure things out, it'd be my pleasure to assist."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/26/2008 12:08 AM

The Doom Kitty shrugged. "I suppose I should have no pride in my 'father,'" he meowed, curling his tail around. "But I suppose it's a good thing that Rabbot was mad enough to create me. I wouldn't be living, perhaps, had it not been for him." Yes, Sjaak was a being that was not worth respecting or worshipping; but he did have intelligence, even though he didn't know how to use it properly. "You can't expect everyone to be logic and sane, I guess."

She was glad he had been created? What an odd thing to say. What an odd thing to think about him. Such oddness intrigued him, but it made him almost uncomfortable. Such feelings, he hadn't had the chance to live with them many times in his life. He would be despised, hated. Love, happiness, loyalty, friendliness, he knew none of them. Not personally, anyway. Such affection coming from Ferimia intrigued him, presenting to him the feelings known as affection and compassion. "Well, I don't see what I'd need at the moment. But I'll... keep your offer.... in mind," he promise, nodding.

[44]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2008 5:38 PM

No one had to like their fathers. Rather it was birth father, adopted father, or a father that was truly your creator, not all 'fathers' were apt to being them. Life was just like that. Apparently, the B2 had intelligence, something she could appreciate on those terms, but nothing else.

Ferimia smiled lightly at his reply. Though it was as if she sensed that he was getting uncomfortable. Normal reactions of living beings were not something he was used to, so she supposed that it made sense. But that also made things very complicated. Even just talking to him casually could prove a difficult task, since she didn't know what would keep him in his zone of comfort and what wouldn't. "I like seeking intelligence, so....you know. It's what I do for a living." She explained, for his benefit.
Suddenly, she move to her feet, standing up and a few small steps away from Anthony. She didn't want this to get awkward, and she feared that she was trampling on ground she shouldn't with being 'normal'. "I, erm, I think I'm going to go for a walk..." Oh yes, because it was the smart thing to go walking around a place like this dreary, evil attracting cathedral.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/26/2008 7:17 PM

Seeking intelligence, eh? Anthony supposed it was a job that was much like a spy's, gathering information, trying to know everything about this and that, etc. That reply made him think for a moment; just what was his job? What was he doing for a living? Another question he didn't think he'd find the answer to anytime soon... He had just gotten his memory back; maybe then he'd be able to find a job suitable for him?

He lifted his head when Ferimia got up, blinking as she took a few steps away from him. Had he said something wrong? Maybe, maybe not, who knew. Going for a walk? Going for a walk around that cathedral? No way. She wouldn't be going alone, far from it.

Getting up as well, the Doom Kitty walked towards the female Kuhna. "Walking around this place safely? I think not. I'm going to come with you," he meowed, tilting his head. Whether she would accept or not wouldn't matter, but he supposed he didn't want to anger her or make her feel like he wanted to stalk or control her.

Sheesh, this was getting complicated, emotion-wise.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/26/2008 7:52 PM

Extremely complicated. Emotions were rather haywire, between should I say this, should I do this? Would that bother him? Would he suddenly dislike me for doing that? Was he even stable in those senses? If he hadn't known most emotions, would could he ever act on any of them? Better question yet, why she was thinking all of these questions? Was she attracted to him? More then likely, rather she'd seriously admit it or not. It wasn't conventional to like someone so quickly. It didn't seem conventional. Not love at first sight, but bad enough, right?

She sighed when he insisted that he was coming along, her tails flicking as she debated. She wasn't sure what to do with this situation. No amount of collected knowledge warned her what to do when with someone like this, with all these complicated knots of what could be done and what couldn't be. "I've been here alone for nearly a week and have survived, I don't think any more trouble will be bothering me today. Besides, shouldn't you...figure things out? You just got your memories back, which means you've been suddenly tossed into a life you didn't know. So it's new. If I stick around, I probably won't help with the matter. I'm too...emotional. I'm too much like your everyday living being, having all the feelings I was born with, ones that you don't know, to make it any easier for you."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 01/27/2008 11:07 PM

The Doom Kitty tilted his head. Yes, there were many emotions he didn't know of, that he had never experienced, that he didn't even knew the names of. Yes, that was true. Emotionally, he was completely oblivious, ignorant; but he wanted to learn more about those many emotions that could be acquired through happiness. He wanted to know more about those feelings that could be acquired through sadness. He wanted to know more about them.

"You may have been able to survive so..." he meowed. "But that doesn't mean that it'll keep on being pink for you. Sjaak and I, for example. Had I not regained my memories, I would have tried to hurt you, most likely, and so would have tried that Rabbot. Many unexpected things can happen. I'd rather be there to lend a hand than to be idle, doing nothing," the feline said, waving his tail. He didn't want her to get hurt, or to get attack or ambushed. Or, at least, he wanted to be there to help her out, as he already stated. "And you're not any everyday being, as you called yourself. Everyone is special in their own ways. And you're special too," he meowed, his ears tweaking.

[46]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext