Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

A Little Gift [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 07/15/2015 4:38 PM

ImageImage
[Aurora is in human form]

"Are you ready?"

Glancing down at Ermy, who had been huddled behind Aurora's leg and had only been standing to the height of the Queen's boots, Aurora decided she was not. Aurora couldn't blame her. Getting the courage to come to Lian's castle was a little tough to muster up; even her own guards had looked relieved when she had instructed them to remain by the gate. Lian's castle loomed like something out of a horror movie, and the things he kept inside were much worse. And no matter how many times Aurora came here, walking through those massive iron doors into the castle's darkness would never become any easier, or any less chilling. "He's waiting inside..." Aurora started, but Ermy had only started shaking even more.

Lian had sent Aurora an urgent message begging her to see him at once. He hadn't said much in the message, except for that he had something exciting to show her. Aurora had inquired for more details, but received none. Which had only served to make her even more apprehensive about showing up here again, her guards huddled like cowards behind the gate, and the only source of plant life long disappeared around her. And yet, here she was. "We should go inside." Aurora said firmly now. She was the Queen for the god's sakes, she shouldn't be afraid or anyone, or anything in her realm. "Let's go."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: A Little Gift [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 07/15/2015 4:44 PM

The doors had given a sickening creeek when Aurora had pushed them open, and Ermy had nearly fainted, but Aurora had put on her bravest of faces and continued onward. Once they were inside and the doors had shut behind them, all traces of the welcoming daylight outside had vanished. Aurora and Ermy stood in the foyer, with only the glimmer of the candelabras to light their path. Ermy was shaking even more violently now it almost looked as if she was having a seizure, and Aurora regretted bringing her in here again. "Lian?" Aurora hesitantly called into the darkness. His name echoed throughout the halls and corridors, bouncing all around the pair, almost mockingly. But there was no response. "LIAN?" Aurora called again, only to receive the same effect. Off somewhere in the distance, it sounded like someone was screaming. Certainly not Lian, though.

Aurora unsheathed her sword from her waistband. The last time she had come here, she had been attacked (by a very terrified Lian of course but now Aurora feared it might be something else) and she needed to be prepared to defend Ermy if at all possible. "He must be in his lab..." Aurora said to her companion, who was digging her paws so hard into Aurora's calf she swore it was starting to cramp.

"Come on, I know the way."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/15/2015 4:54 PM

Aurora and Ermy steadily made their way through the Main Hall. It was a straight shot to Lian's laboratory, as he had designed it for the new castle, and the hallway had been illuminated only by the torches along the wall. In between the torches were multiple portraits Lian had taken with him from the old castle, despite Aurora's gentle chides to leave them where they were. Not because it would have been a burden to move them, but because they freaked her out. And like they had before, the eyes of the portraits seemed to follow her as they walked.

As they neared the door of the laboratory, Aurora could see a periwinkle glow peeking out through the crack where the door met the floor. It would flash in its intensity, which meant that Lian was in fact in there and was most likely completely submersed in his work. Aurora sighed. It was just like him to jump into a project as opposed to just wait for Aurora to come. The closer they got to the door, the lighter the bright shone, and tighter Ermy held on. Finally the pain from Ermy's tiny little grip had actually become too much for Aurora, so she scooped the little one into her arms and sat her on her shoulder, where Ermy immediately took hold of Aurora's hair and neck, smashing her tiny face into Aurora's.

Standing before the laboratory door now, it's harsh metal exterior clashing with the wood and stone of the castle hallway around it. Aurora paused for a moment, before rapping her knuckles on the door.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/15/2015 5:01 PM

Nothing.

Aurora, suddenly growing very impatient with Lian, rapped on the door again and much harder this time. She waited a good thirty seconds (or what thirty seconds felt like to Aurora) without any response. "What is he doing in there?" She demanded, pressing her ear to the door. When she did, she could hear the far off sound of drilling, which meant Lian was in the main room of the laboratory, doing something complicated she would never dream to understand. Aurora pulled back and sighed again, looking over the shoulder Ermy hadn't been perched on to look down the corridor from whence they came. A part of Aurora told her that Lian was busy and that they should just go back to the castle...but the curious part of her that was always fascinated by the horror Lian drummed up wanted her to go inside anyway and surprise him.

"We'll just let ourselves in." Aurora said to Ermy, who had looked very disappointed. Aurora gripped the hilt of her sword a little tighter now. "We'll be fine." She assured to Ermy, though even she wasn't so sure herself.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/15/2015 5:12 PM

When Aurora and Ermy pushed their way into the laboratory, they had not realized just how loud it actually was inside.

Walking carefully, slowly through the maze of tables that made up the laboratory's foyer, Aurora and Ermy peeked through the archway that led to the main observatory. In the center of the laboratory, that had been shamed into a massive dome, was a tall, thick beacon that had rose to almost the ceiling of the laboratory. And standing on that beacon, Aurora and Ermy could barely see, and hunched over something his back was blocking, was the Lord of Darkness himself: Lian.

[Lian is in his human form]

The dome was being filled with magnificent purple and white streaks of light that greatly resembled lightning, all emanating from whatever it was that Lian had been operating on. Hovering above him and next to his head was one of his drones, buzzing excitedly as Lian continued to work, oblivious that he had been joined by his company. The noise that the drill was making was high, so shrill it made Aurora's temples throb, and thundered so loudly Aurora could feel it in her stomach. And no matter how she tried to scream for his attention, Lian did not turn around once.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 11:27 AM

Aurora was getting the sensation that her head was going to explode, and she was sure that poor little Ermy was probably feeling the same thing tenfold. Aurora thought about ascending the beacon, up the unreliable looking stairs that winding around and around it, but getting any closer to that noise would turn Aurora's brain to mush, she was sure. She thought then, that this was surely a sign that she should return to the safety of her castle and let Lian keep whatever "surprise" he had intended for her.

But just as the thought crossed her mind, everything in the laboratory, the lights and the drilling and the madness, had suddenly ceased into quiet. The dome was once again filled with just its dim, fluorescent hue and it had become so silent that one could have heard a feather drop. Aurora and Ermy looked up at Lian, startled that he had seen them come in with all that had been going. But the way that Lian had stiffened and whirled around so suddenly, ripping off his face mask in annoyance, she could see that hadn't been expected at all. "What in the heavens-" Lian hissed angrily, until he saw the duo standing in the doorway.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 11:32 AM

Edy grinned from over by the control panel, now such a brilliant shade of red against his newly white surroundings that Aurora was surprised she hadn't noticed him before. "My apologies, my lord, but you have some company. And it seemed rude to keep them waiting." He nodded politely at them.

Lian blushed a deep red seeing Aurora and began to hastily adjust himself, tightening his ponytail and wiping a curious substance off of his tattered lab coat (as if it would have made much of a difference). "Q-Queen Aurora, you're here." He stuttered, pushing his glasses up on his nose. "Ed, you did the right thing." In a flurry, Lian threw a white sheet over whatever it was that he had been working on and began to descend down the winding staircase at a pace that made Aurora nervous he would fly right over. "I didn't expect you so soon." He admitted as he came.

"You sounded urgent."

"Right." He said, stepping down the last of the stairs, and a bit winded. He ran his hands through his hair again for good measure. "I...hope I didn't take you away from anything important..."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 11:50 AM

"Not really." Which had been quite the lie. Since the attempted assassination on the Archduke in Roraldi, the castle had been on high alert and the Council had had non stop meetings since. But to be honest, Aurora was quite exhausted from all the chaos, and even coming to Lian's castle was somewhat of a welcomed break. "But I don't believe I can stay very long."

"Then I won't keep you." Lian said, a disappointed smile on his face. Aurora had immediately felt guilty; ever since she had rescued Lian from his isolation she hadn't exactly had the most time for him. After her coronation, everything had happened at a whirlwind pace and suddenly she was taking on a lot more responsibility, finding out things she hadn't known before. "Edy, come." Lian beckoned to the imp, who immediately began to waddle over to him. "Your surprise is in the garden."

It was then that Lian had noticed the little companion that had been clinging ever so tightly to Aurora's neck ever since he had come down the stairs. "Oh! Hello, Ermy. I didn't see you there!" He greeted cheerily. Ermy, though terrified of who they called the Lord of Darkness, was a stickler for manners and was able to purr out only a, very rhetorical, "How do you do?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 11:57 AM

Lian led the group back into the laboratory foyer and then through the main door. Aurora watched him silently from behind. Lian had only been in this new castle for a few months, but it seemed to suit him well. It had been well taken care of, Aurora saw to that, and though it remained quite secluded (as per Lian's request, which Aurora did not deny considering the...things that lived in this place) it wouldn't isolate Lian from the entire rest of the world, as he had been before.

And Lian himself had changed, as well. He had been soaking up the new world like a sponge, reading and observing everything that he could, taking it all in. He now had more color than before, was for the first time as a normal weight (had even gained a bit of muscle, Aurora noticed), his hair had thickened with care, and he seemed to be much happier and more...himself?

He had taken up quite a bit of research projects, one of them being the asylum that he had opened up in a wing of his castle. Some of Skytaen's most dangerous criminals resided there, kept over close watch by Lian and his many assistants, some to be rehabilitated, some to be just kept away from everyone else, and some to be Lian's "participants". The details had remained quite fuzzy; Aurora had had the other members of the Council deal with the charter they had given Lian. "How is the," What had he referred to it as? "The hospital, going?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 2:05 PM

Lian looked to be pleased that she asked. "It's going quite well, actually." He said proudly, pushing his glasses up on his face. Once again they were in the hallway, aglow with only the weak torchlight, but with Lian in the head Aurora felt significantly safer. As the Lord of the Darkness, he should be able to protect her from everything that went bump in the night here, right? "I've been running some rigorous tests on a few of the patients, lately, and I'm currently searching for some staff members to put the rehabilitation into full swing." He paused, frowning. "A task I'm not finding as easy as I originally thought."

"Not everyone is so keen to work with your...patients." Aurora said, half grinning. By now, Ermy was walking on her own again, comforted by Edy beside her. Though Edy was the servant to the Lord of the Darkness, Ermy seemed to have almost no aversion to him. Perhaps that was a Shii thing?

Lian turned back at her and smiled. "Sounds like you're not too keen on them, yourself. Is the great Queen Aurora fearful of my little friends?" He asked teasingly, but the way he had said "little friends" had made Aurora's heart skip a beat.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 2:12 PM

"Of course not." Aurora said quickly, too quickly, because Lian had only smiled wider, which had only helped to wound her pride. "That sword on your hip says otherwise." He said after turning his back to her again.

Aurora followed him, feeling both ashamed and angry. She was the Queen, and in order to protect her republic she wasn't supposed to be afraid...or, at least she wasn't supposed to show her subjects that she was. But Lian, ever since she had met him, had always found a way of bringing out the truth in Aurora, like he saw right through her. And he would never let her forget it. "You know, the Council is still pushing to send a few of the knights down here. Perhaps even a Guardian, or two. Having these people living here..."

Lian sighed. "I know. And I keep telling them I won't hear of such a thing." He sounded irritated, and Aurora was almost sorry she had mentioned it. "Don't the Guardians have something important to do?" Aurora's mind flashed to the Archduke. "They do...but if any of your patients were to escape-"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 2:26 PM

"That wouldn't happen." Lian said gently, but firm. "I spent a good deal on the protocol to make sure that if any of the patients were to get free from their rooms, it wouldn't be possible for them to leave the premises." Aurora wanted to believe Lian, to trust him on it, because she knew just how brilliant he was. But at the same time, she needed to put the safety of her people above all else. And as if Lian could read her mind he added, "I know what we would stand to lose if there was ever a breach." They turned onto one of the other hallways, and Aurora could see the dim light of daylight through the back door that led to the garden. Ah, how nice daylight would feel. "I would never want to place any others in danger."

"It's not just the others that I'm worried about." Aurora said quietly, looking at him. Lian stopped abruptly, and the three behind him almost collided into his back. Lian turned back to Aurora, his face a deep red from his blush. "Y-You don't have to worry about me, Queen Aurora." Lian said softly. "I'll be okay."

"Still, I would feel better if you weren't just here with Edy." Aurora insisted. "I just think that-"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/17/2015 2:31 PM

"Let's save these matters for another time." Lian interrupted. "There's still the matter of why I called you here!" He exclaimed, changing his expression in a way that made it clear to Aurora that this discussion was over. She was the Queen, and at any time she could have just ordered her knights or Guardians to watch over the hospital, that was her right as the sovereign. And Aurora was almost tempted to. But the thought of how that would make Lian feel, how that would hurt him so, made her think otherwise. Aurora decided that she would have a compromise for everyone, but at a later time. Lian was so excited about something, and he was eager to see what it was. "Come along now!"

Lian bounded up ahead, the hem of his lab coat flying behind him. A moment later Edy left Ermy's side to quickly follow his master down the rest of the length of the hallway. Aurora and Ermy watched the odd pair go. "It's not too late to turn back." Aurora offered, exchanging a worried glance with Ermy. And yet, they both kept walking until they caught up with their counterparts.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/23/2015 3:29 PM

By the time Aurora and Ermy had found themselves out the door at the end of the hallway, Lian and Edy were already speaking in hushed, excited tones. When Lian saw them approaching, he hushed Edy and stood up straight, beaming proudly. "Queen Aurora, before I show you what it is I summoned you hear for," Lian said, clasping his hands behind his back. "There's a few things I should warn you of first."

"Warn me, of?" Aurora asked him, her eyebrows raised. Suddenly she regretted not forcing her guards up here after all. "What do you mean you have to warn me?"

Lian adjusted his glasses. "What I'm about to show you is...experimental. I've spent quite long working on it, but yet still it's in the very premature stages. Perhaps I should have waited a bit before even calling you here in the first place..." His voice trailed off and he frowned deeply, but just as soon as the frown had appeared it was gone again. "Oh, nevermind. My impatience would never allow it!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 07/23/2015 3:34 PM

Ermy huddled behind Aurora's leg again, as she had at the start, and Aurora sighed. "Is whatever you're showing me dangerous, Lian?" She asked, her tone exasperated. Lian had sensed this however, and had quickly grown a disappointed expression on his face. He adjusted his glasses again. "Perhaps we should wait another time." He said in a low voice. "When I have...more control? You're very busy, I shouldn't have called you all the way down here-"

"No." Aurora said quickly, blushing with shame. Whatever it was that Lian had needed her for, it was important and was evidently pleased to show her, and she felt guilty for making him feel a type of way about that. "I just wanted to be prepared, that's all." She finished softly, stepping towards Lian to place a comforting hand on his shoulder. Lian still looked unconvinced. "A-Are you sure?" He asked, looking at her with those doe eyes that softened her up.

"Yes, I'm sure." Aurora lied.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer