Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 03/05/2008 12:09 AM

Kanali turned and giggled slyly. Oh she could see the droplets falling from Noe's fins all right. "One thing me and my sister have in common, we can tell when people are trying to cover their tails. Or in your case, tailfins." The flarend girl's own tails were swaying evenly as she sat on the bed, awaiting Noe's next excuse. What could this beautiful creature have to hide so secretly?
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/09/2008 5:56 PM

"I--I'm sure I don't--"

But Noe could tell when she was backed into a corner. Part of being a smooth talker was knowing when you'd been found out. And that was territory Noe was quickly approaching.

"Well... alright. Maybe I--maybe I ca--I k--I--"

But the straightforward admission wouldn't come. Would they ever? She pressed her body toward the ground. Her legs tensed with the desire to run. Should she? Her mind was firing in several directions at once. She couldn't get any of her thoughts together...

[9]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 03/09/2008 6:04 PM

Kanali's eyes held a bit of confusion as she watched the merkuhna seem to shrink back. The poor thing looked as if she were about to be struck over the head. "It's just us here, girl." the flarend spoke finally, the tiniest hint of comfort in her voice. "What'ya got that's so secret it scares ya this much? Not like i'm gonna blab it. Knowing my sis she'd probably just think I was still drunk or something."

Standing up, Kanali went over and carefully lifted Noe in her arms and set her on the bed next to herself. She reached out a hand and stroked Noe's head a bit, the first sign of true gentleness she had ever let herself show when she was somber.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/09/2008 6:13 PM

Noe stuttered. She was... being nice to her? Was this girl all right, then? And was she herself... OK?

She tried to be soothed by the simple, repitive touch. "Well, it's that I, uh--um--I don't--I was--I can't. There. I said it. I can't. I don't actually have human form. Or any other form, for that matter. What you see is what you get. Sorry."

Noe suddenly became very conscious of the bit of algae stuck between the toes of her left forepaw.

[10]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 03/09/2008 6:49 PM

"Why didn't you just say so?" Surprisingly, Kanali wasn't pissed as she would've been with anyone else who played her like that. Something kept her from getting angry at this kuhna. Was it because the poor thing looked frightened enough? The flarend couldn't figure it out.

Setting noe on the bed next to her, Kanali changed back into her quad form. "My sis doesn't have an anthro form either. Either that or she hasn't figured out how to use it yet. Girl's already got herself a lifemate." Kanali had no idea where this attack of kindness had come from. It wasn't long ago that she was getting defensive with a hangover from her 'troubled intercity youth' thing. Quite frankly, the flarend girl didn't care where it had come from anymore. She was just going to attempt something new: enjoying herself without the use of thumping music, a mic, and a ton of alcohal.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/09/2008 6:54 PM

"W-w-well, because, I--"

But Noelani stopped. Now there was a good question. She'd never really asked that of herself before. Why DIDN'T she just say so? Why the charade? Why should it be important to her that others thought that she was some kind of--of dragon-human-wolf-Kuhna thing? Was she just trying to be cool? Was that it? But there had to be more to it than that. The psyche was never so simple.

"I... I don't know, really," Noe admitted. "I've never thought about it before. I guess... no one's really ever asked."

[11]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 03/11/2008 5:57 PM

Kanali only smiled and playfully swatted Noe's back. Lightly enough where it wouldn't hurt and carefully enough where it wouldn't hit her drooping fins. "Ah don't sweat it, babe. Try having to convince your sister and your momma that you ain't drunk even though your staggering around the room and your momma, who is a bubblegum kuhna, looks green and blue instead of pink and red." The flarend girl couldn't help but laugh. Seeing her sister's face in a 'you shouldn't be doing that look' wile your vision is distorted would make anybody's day.

Her long legs stretched as she kneaded at the dusty sheets and groaned in a relaxed tone. "I'm usually at the club by now. Ex is probably wondering where I am and Illiana and momma probably are too." Suddenly, her ear twitched as she got a telepathic message. "Hang on a minute, gorgeous." she said to Noe before turning around and sitting on her haunches. "What do you mean momma's got a lifemate!?!" Kanali blurted after a few minutes, forgetting she was speaking mentally. She shook her head and turned back to Noe. "I should probably be headin' home soon, sweets. Apparently momma has a lifemate and she's taking me, my sis, my half bro, and my half sis to go see her. Imagine that. Momma's got a lifemate with a chick too."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/11/2008 7:47 PM

"O-ooh? Well... congrats to your moth--er, momma. It's always a nice thing, to find a lifemate or a husband or wife or... whatever you want to call them."

Noe cocked her head. "Um, how... how did you...?" Noelani pointed a claw at her ear. Her eyes were puzzled. She was completely forgetting about the roleplay she had running at that moment on a website, in which she had given herself telepathy. She could be forgetful like that.

"Well, it's been a pleasure meeting you. I--I'll be seeing... you."

And softly, so softly she barely heard herself, she muttered, "Thanks."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 03/11/2008 7:55 PM

Kanali smirked before heading to the door. "No prob, sweet thing." she purred before pushing the door open. Poking her head back in a moment, she called to Noe. "Why don't ya walk with me, baby. It's still dark out and I don't need ya gettin' picked up by one of these bums out here." With that, she flicked her tails and stood outside the door a moment, waiting.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/11/2008 10:29 PM

"O--Okay..."

Noelani padded warily after Kanali. It really was getting rather dark outside, after all. The restless homeless moved in the shadows around the cathedral. Noe imagined one of them jumping out after her. Not doing anything bad--not trying to attack her, or mug her, or steal anything from her--just jumping out. Moving from one wall to another a little too quickly, maybe. Or rolling over in its sleep. She gulped at the thought.

She hung close to Kanali in the darkness. She was mindful enough not to get too close--didn't want to prick her new accquaintance, after all--but close enough that she felt protected by the Kuhna's bright tail flames.

[13]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous