Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: God, Are You There? It's Me, Prosper [P] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2016 6:11 AM

Ryo observed Prosper as he rose up, without any reservations or complaints, and moved across the room. He obeyed. That was it, there was nothing there. Nothing shown on his face, no thoughts inside his head that regarded the god. Ryo's eyes lingered on the entrance to the closet, even after the other man disappeared inside. It was kind of annoying, that composure. He wanted to break it.

Still, he dragged his eyes away. There would be plenty of time for that; there was no need to hurry. He had a schedule to keep for today.

When Prosper emerged from the closet, he would find that Ryo was no longer there. The clothes that had been recklessly discarded on the floor the night before were cleaned up, too. He'd moved on in his morning routine. From the bathroom connected on the other side of the room, the sound of water running could be heard, as the god used the sink. Washing his hands, his face, brushing his teeth, it was all normal for him. If he so wanted, he could maintain perfect hygiene with his own abilities, but Ryo had made a point of not wasting energy on such things. If he could maintain this body himself without wasting energy, then he'd do it. It was very human.

When he turned the water off, and dried his hands and face on one of the plush towels stored there, he called for Prosper. "If you're done in there, come here!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby crow » 10/21/2016 6:33 AM

Prosper hadn't expected the clothes cluttering the floor to have been picked up so soon. He scanned the room for a maid or the like, but there was no one there. Only the bathroom door was ajar, with the sound of running water coming from within.

Did Ryo really not have any servants to speak of, even in the conventional human sense? For someone living in such a home, it didn't seem right. Perhaps it was merely too early, or too late, for them to arrive. He would find out eventually, he supposed. For the moment, he turned as he was called, and strode into the bathroom. The brightness of the light made him falter slightly, unaccustomed as he was to being in the presence of anything so intense. "You called for me?" he said, if only to alert Ryo to the fact that he had arrived. It felt... impertinent, uncomfortably so, to say it without attaching some title at the end, but neither could he bring himself to call Ryo by name, so it would have to do for now.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/21/2016 6:48 AM

Looking Prosper up and down when he arrived, Ryo shook his head. Even though nearly his entire closet was filled with designer clothes, his companion selected something so simple. They were the finest available for what the were, but that was it. It was suitable to sitting at home, though, and it didn't really make a difference what he wore.

"Clothes go there," he said, pointing toward a hamper that already held his own dirty clothes. "This is yours." He promptly shoved an unopened toothbrush at Prosper, having grabbed one of the extra ones he'd kept in stock in one of the drawers under the sink.  "Don't touch mine, unless you're looking to be a pervert and want to use it yourself. Otherwise, use what you need."

He walked passed Prosper after speaking, making his way back into his room to collect his shoes that he'd worn the night before. Ryo didn't want to worry about choosing a different pair, so he'd live with wearing them for a second day in a row.

"I'll be going out soon, so I'll show you around before I do."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/21/2016 10:57 PM

Prosper didn't miss the appraising look Ryo gave him, or the slight shake of the head that resulted from it. A tiny part of him took joy from that, but only a very small part, and none of it showed on his face whatsoever. He merely did as he was bidden, depositing his own clothes in the hamper. It hurt him to part with his cloak, but he rather doubted it would work for him now. It was better to think of his wings as gone, especially when Ryo had in no uncertain terms marked the residence as the extent of his free range.

The toothbrush was another object that was only vaguely familiar. He knew, after a moment, what it was for, but... The last time he had seen one, they'd been simpler. The one he held in his hands, still in its cheery plastic packaging, was a hard and flawless white, with orange accents. There were three different colors in bristles, and other, presumably less yielding protrusions along the edges.

Yours, Ryo had said.

But before he could dwell too long upon that, another thought asserted itself. Why had he stopped using these things? Was it merely because he'd been so preoccupied that he'd forgotten, all this time? But that didn't seem right. There just... hadn't been a need. Privately he wondered if there was a need now, but if this was something Ryo wished of him, he would carry it out.

He fell wordlessly into step behind Ryo, the toothbrush still tucked away in one hand.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/22/2016 1:12 AM

Ryo had gathered up his shoes, sitting on the bed to put them on, one at a time. This was shortly followed by his standing up and gathering a few objects from the bed side table. He slipped his wallet and mobile phone into his pockets, and slipped his watch over his left wrist, securing it there. After checking the time, he moved into the closet for just a moment, and came back out while in the middle of putting on the coat he'd grabbed.

He started walking toward the third doorway in the room, the one that lead out to the rest of the luxury apartment, gesturing for Prosper to follow along. He lead him through the hallway, one side of which had shelves built into the vary walls. The lower and upper shelves were stocked with a variety of books, some far older than the others, while some appeared to be brand new. They varied in thickness, and even topic. The very middle shelf was void of books. Instead, there were four polished, stone statues, evenly spaced apart. Each stood about eight inches tall, in a sitting position. The middle two were of griffins that looked nearly identical, the only difference was the markings etched into one of them, setting them apart. On either side of them was a shape similar to a wolf and, the other, a panther.

When they walked by, Ryo simply said, "Don't touch the statues." Although, Prosper may have noticed that one of them, the griffin that had been carved into, had a familiar aura, one similar to Ryo.

Moving on, leading his companion throughout his home, they passed two other doors. Behind one of them was the room dedicated to the massive, high definition television that the god recently picked up to replace his last generation model. It had a comfortable sofa and matching reclining chairs for lounging, and the walls were covered in shelves, containing visual media from the last few decades. The other, was his study and library, set up with his desk and custom built desktop computer. There was a sofa and tables there, too, while its walls were lined mostly with books that didn't fit on the shelf in the hall, as well as other various objects that would be defined only as antiques or even artifacts.

Ryo didn't show Prosper either of these rooms, only leading him out to the balcony that over looked the lower level, and lead him down the stairs, which opened up into the living room. Although it was surprising, for this era, it lacked a television or anything similar. On the lower floor, there was the living room, kitchen, the second bathroom, a small washroom, and a fourth room, used as storage.

Beside the entryway, there was a table with an antique rotary phone sitting neatly on top. He paused there for a moment, before taking a hold of the fountain pen and the notepad of paper beside it. He scrawled down a set of numbers, the number that connected to his mobile phone, then put them back down. "If you need to reach me while I'm out, call that number." After that, he proceeded to dig out his wallet, and thumbed through its contents, leaving several notes there on the table, too. He'd left upwards of a hundred dollars, in smaller bills, then returned the wallet safely to his pocket. "If you get hungry, you can call and order food. There are take out menus in the kitchen. They all deliver." He paused, shortly, before continuing. "You can make use of anything you want around the house, just don't break anything. I'll be gone until late into the evening."

After giving Propser his instructions, the god turned to leave, taking one step forward, before turning back around in a hurry. He stepped toward the other man, closing much of the space between them. He smirked again, before leaning in and giving him a goodbye kiss. It was much less violating than the previous exchange, only their lips meeting, and far more brief. Just as quickly as he turned toward him, he turned away again. "Be sure to give me a 'welcome home,' kiss when I get back. And don't run away while I'm gone!"

And, with that, he departed.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/22/2016 4:53 AM

There was too much to take in. It wasn't that the space itself was overwhelming, but Prosper just wasn't used to having to focus on it. Usually, his interest went as far as where the light sources were, and which were enough out of the way that he could take it without arousing too much suspicion. Old habits died hard; his eyes were still drawn to the lighting fixtures, though it was too many at once, too bright. It felt alien to be anywhere in full illumination, after a lifetime in the dark.

It didn't help that he couldn't make heads or tails of half the things he saw. The furniture, that was straightforward enough, but he'd never even seen a computer, and the television he recognized only from glimpses through windows stolen over the years. Not that he'd had the luxury of an up-close experience with one even before he entered Elouan's service. His family could never afford anything like that.

Prosper did his best to pay attention, but much of what Ryo said felt as if it was washing over him. As Ryo was preparing to leave, however, Prosper didn't dwell on this too much. There would be time to sort through it all eventually. But just as he thought himself in the clear, Ryo made an unexpected turn; he had no more than a second to brace himself before Ryo's mouth met his own. He froze, eyes wide. Ryo's last words didn't even sink in until he was long gone.

With no one left to watch, Prosper touched a hand to his lips. There was something struggling out of the pit of his gut, but he quashed it down. Whatever it was, he didn't want to think about it. There was too much to sort through, even without all his unnecessary emotions.

He started with the phone, to give himself something to do. This, at least, he knew how to operate. Meandering into the kitchen, he picked up a menu at random, thumbing through the worn pages. He dialed the first number he found, listening to the dull ring of the tone, though he startled slightly when someone on the other end picked up. "Mario's Pizzaria. What can I get for you today?" Prosper blinked, suddenly at a loss. "Hello?" He put the speaker back down, a little too hard, grimacing.

Well, the phone worked. What had he expected, really?

But as much as he needed to think, Prosper felt restless. He was so used to suppressing his thoughts, going through his days from one goal to another, too busy to be anything but grateful for the moments of respite. Idleness did not come naturally to him, and he hardly knew what to do with himself. He wandered the apartment, ostensibly to familiarize himself, but in reality he couldn't focus. The one thing that drew his attention, ironically, were the statues. He hadn't missed Ryo's warning, and he didn't quite touch them, but he lingered there in front of the shelves, staring. There was a sensation not unlike the buzz of power he'd felt in Ryo's presence, and in his master's, though if he had to put a name to it, Elouan's was of a vastly different frequency. These were all the same... No, not quite, though the change was subtle from one to the other.

In the end, he settled for opening the door to the balcony and stepping out onto it. The sun was too bright, and the noise of the city below felt alien, but at least the wind was familiar. He sat down, tucking himself into a corner, and let it wash over him. If he closed his eyes, he could pretend he was flying again. Already, the cluttered tangle of thoughts were disappearing, and a numbness crept in, starting at his fingers and toes. He welcomed it. He felt that if he sat there for long enough, he could find it again, that inner nothingness of calm that he had occupied before.

Just like that, he drifted off, heedless of the cold.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/22/2016 10:40 PM

Business was as usual.

As part of his human disguise, Ryo had taken up work as a bar tender in a trendy, high class bar in the heart of the city. The other employees had accepted him as their boss, being the one that screened and interviewed them during the hiring process, but they were all unaware that it was Ryo that owned the business, too. They simply believed he had a connection to the owner.

With the staff all being handsome men, women flocked to it in droves. He'd gone and made himself the perfect medium for meeting new, prospective lovers, whether it was just for a one night stand or something more consistent. Ryo's options were never scarce, and he had always had an excess of energy.

He'd picked up breakfast to go from a cafe that he passed on his way to work each day, in the form of a seasonal coffee and a pumpkin scone. Finishing his small meal as other staff arrived was somewhat customary. By seeing the image of Ryo eating and drinking, it reinforced the illusion that he was the same as them.

After a short shift, the god took a long lunch, which usually lasted somewhere between two and three hours, as he tended to other matters. He was returning from lunch at a restaurant he frequented, when he took a detour.

It was cold today, colder than it had been the last few days, and Ryo had left everything but his coat at home. Although he wasn't sensitive to the cold, it made little sense for him not to be wearing something warmer, if he were human. He entered a well known, brand name store, one where he'd purchased a handful of things in the past. After browsing through their available wares, feeling each of the fabrics and both scrutinizing and admiring the patterns, he decided on a scarf. He had the tags removed upon purchase, and wore it out.

Business was as usual. Until Ryo did something out of the ordinary.

One of the women he met with on a regular basis, one that had become a regular customer at the bar, had invited him over to her place after he'd finished work. "I'm busy after work." He declined the invitation. Knowingly, the woman smiled, "Do you have plans to meet with someone else? I'll wait. I'll leave you the key." But he still turned her down. She had been so shocked that she left in a hurry, before even closing her tab and reclaiming her credit card. He was forced to leave it in the bottom of the register for her to pick up at a later time.

Not only did he deny her, but he ignored the calls and texts that came in throughout the day. He would have turned the phone off entirely, were it not for the fact that his new lover was home alone. If something happened, say, if the other god noticed and found Prosper, Ryo needed to be certain that he could be reached. It was a hassle.

When the god finally returned home, he wasn't sure what to expect, but he had told Prosper to greet him. The other man was nowhere in sight, but Ryo could sense that he remained nearby. With the intention of taking his kiss by force, then, Ryo sought him out before even taking off his coat. Which was just as well, as it seemed that Prosper never turned on the heater. It was just as cold inside as it was outside.

Up the stairs he went, turning on the heater when he passed by the console for it all the wall. He'd been half-expecting to find Prosper asleep in bed, or maybe taking a warmth bath, so he wasn't exactly concerned as he made his way straight there, but neither was the case. Not finding him anywhere in the bedroom, he back tracked.

When his eyes landed on the form of Prosper laying out on the balcony, wearing nothing more than what he'd donned in the morning, his eyes grew wide and, in spite of himself, Ryo found himself running to retrieve him. Unconscious or just asleep, the god wasn't entirely sure, but he scooped him up into his arms without worrying about that, for now. His body felt like ice. "Why the hell I'm I always finding you like this?"

Ryo complained, but whether Prosper woke up or not in that very moment, he carried him back inside, to the bedroom. It was annoying to do, to waste energy on it, but the covers of the bed moved on their own with a small gesture of the god's head. With them out of the way, he dropped Prosper there, onto the bed, and threw the covers back over him.

"Really, you're such a pain in the ass."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/23/2016 3:31 AM

Prosper stirred sluggishly as he was picked up, though it felt as if he had to swim up a long way to reach the surface. He didn't know if he wanted to stay. It was so easy to just slip back under, to not think of anything. He had the vague notion that he'd been dreaming, though he couldn't remember what of.

His body felt... dull. No, that wasn't it. It was as if... As if the cold had crept into him somehow, leaving nothing in its wake. It felt as if his body belonged to someone else, and the extremities were fading away, vanishing into thin air. He shivered, his body attempting weakly to curl up, driven by some long-forgotten instinct.

His eyes fluttered open at Ryo's voice, muddled thoughts carding through his words for any semblance of meaning. It was hard to focus. It was probably for the best that he didn't seem to have given any orders; Prosper didn't know if he was fit to do much at the moment. "What..." His voice came out a croak. He swallowed, then tried again. "What happened...?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2016 4:17 AM

"You passed out in the cold," Ryo replied, sounding very obviously annoyed. If something happened to this idiot, he wouldn't be of any use. "Do you enjoy causing trouble? What the hell were you doing out there for so long that this happened? And you didn't even turn on the heater in the house." Even he wasn't sure if he was just angry or if he was actually scolding him.

But, while the god spoke, he unwound the scarf from his neck, and finally threw it at Prosper. "Here. It's yours. Wear it." He'd just bought it earlier for the hell of it, but it would be of more use for the other man now. Ryo didn't actually need it.

He sighed, then, shaking his head. "Let's take a bath. You stay there." Not that it looked like he could go anywhere on his own, at the moment. "I'll be back."

Ryo moved away from the bed and into the bathroom. He disappeared from sight and, shortly after, the sound of running water filled up the room. The god was gone for a few minutes, while he ran the bath, pouring in what was likely a wasteful amount of scented bubble bath, before returning again. But he didn't address Prosper, instead disappearing into the closet. He emerged with only his pants and shirt remaining, holding clothes similar to what the other man had picked out for himself earlier, and something for himself, although it was just pants.

"Can you walk, or do I have to carry you?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/23/2016 4:44 AM

Perhaps it would have been best if Prosper had stayed quiet after all. His feeble response elicited what seemed to be a never-ending stream of words from the god, and he couldn't quite bring himself to ignore them, even if Ryo didn't give him any space to answer before adding something else.

It was only as he was winding the scarf around himself, having sat up with a groan, that Prosper realized he was... being taken care of. It was beyond absurd, and he tried to dismiss the thought, but even so, it remained. His fingers wound themselves into the scarf, picking at the soft material. It was still warm from the heat of Ryo's body, scented with cigarette smoke and the faint whiff of liquor.

By the time Ryo returned, the feeling was beginning to creep back into Prosper's limbs. It felt awful. Now that he was coming fully awake, he became acutely aware of how much everything ached with the cold. He'd put two and two together, and figured that Elouan's power was no longer helping him now. Elouan hadn't had the patience to see his servants waste their time on anything other than the task they'd been given. It just... hadn't occurred to Prosper how much he'd had to do before, just to keep his body going. No, perhaps it was just that he hadn't believed himself severed from his master--- his former master--- not really. But this was undeniable proof.

"I'll walk," Prosper said, rising; he managed to keep himself steady, though not without some effort. As before, he averted his gaze, though this time for a wholly different reason. Ryo had been right. Elouan had left him to die and discarded him once he did so, and now...

"Why did you do it?" he said, before he could quite catch himself. Having spoken, however, he decided it was too late to take back his words, and forged on. "Why did you save me?" He could understand everything else, if everything Ryo had said was true--- if he really wouldn't be able to function without Prosper present. But Ryo had chosen to bind them, not the other way around.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2016 5:03 AM

Ryo accepted Prosper's answer with a quiet, "Hm," only watching as he forced himself onto his feet. It was apparent that it took some effort, but Ryo wasn't going to interfere with his wanting to walk on his own, unless he began to trip over himself.

He had been about to take a step, to head for the bathroom, the question catching him off guard. Prosper hadn't asked that very question in the morning, the most logical time to ask it, so Ryo considered the possibility that it wouldn't come up; that he had just accepted it as fact and left it at that. He'd tried so hard to act as though he didn't care, after all.

"It's convenient," Ryo answered without giving it any thought, although he'd never admit he'd almost said, 'who wouldn't?' He'd let hundreds, even thousands, of people die without lifting a finger, so, Ryo wouldn't. Ryo wouldn't save people. He'd gotten a wild hair up his ass, thought it might be fun to maybe provoke another god, that was all. "Having to go out every day to sustain myself is irritating."

As it seemed to happen often with him, Ryo didn't bother explaining himself in detail. He didn't wait around, either, to see what the other man would say, he just walked on into the bathroom. Without being told a second time, he expected Prosper to follow.

The water had been left running, but the rectangular jacuzzi tub inside the bathroom wasn't entirely filled yet. The water level was difficult to determine, though, for someone that hadn't regularly used it, with the excessive amount bubbles floating on top. Ryo separated the clothes into two neat piles on the long, spanning counter. Towels were already set aside for them.

The god didn't hesitate to begin stripping, starting first with unbutton his shirt, followed by the rest. He was entirely naked when he leaned over to reach into the bath, checking the water temperature. It was only just warm, warm enough to heat Prosper's body back up, without burning him. Ryo seemed satisfied with that, shutting the water off, and proceeded to climb up the one step and into the tub. His tensed up muscles relaxed instantly, welcoming the warmth, although it was cooler than his usual baths.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/23/2016 6:02 AM

It wasn't as if Prosper was expecting anything less, but upon hearing Ryo's answer, he felt... disappointed, somehow. There was no reason to be. He shouldn't have expected anything--- didn't. But it also felt false, in that his words contradicted one another: he'd taken Prosper on for the sake of convenience, then complained of how much trouble he was. Were his words meant as a warning, perhaps? If he could choose the once, it stood to reason that he could choose a partner again, didn't it? Make yourself useful, or you will be discarded. That he could believe.

But he had to admit, a little grudgingly, that this was better than what he had been used to before. At least, for the moment.

He followed Ryo into the bathroom, only to stop short as he was greeted by the sight of the tub. It wasn't the tub itself that surprised him; he knew what a bath was. It was just that he hadn't seen this much foam in... well, his entire life. He edged closer to the tub as Ryo stripped, coming away with a handful of bubbles. He closed his fingers around them, marveling at the faint slippery sensation of it.

It was only when Ryo approached, naked, that he remembered himself and began to take off his own clothes, first the shirt and then the pants. The skin underneath was the same light brown as his face and hands, though he had a dusting of freckles along his upper back and shoulders. He hesitated when he was down to just his underwear, but he grit his teeth and drew it off in one quick motion, before he could dwell on it too much. Shame and self-preservation had no place here, he reminded himself. It was a bad sign, that he had to be reminded.

Then again, he hadn't had to think about... this kind of self-preservation before.

The tub was spacious, but Ryo was also occupying a good portion of it. Prosper opted to climb in on the opposite side. Despite the lukewarm temperature, he still had to stifle a grimace when his feet made contact with the water. He hadn't warmed up completely from the cold, not by a long shot, and to him this was almost as hot a bath as he could reasonably bear. But this was the sort of discomfort that would abate with time, and he forced himself to sit, though he drew up his knees once he found a decently comfortable position.

It didn't take long for the water to begin feeling comfortably warm against his skin, but he was left at a loss for what to do. And he was very pointedly not thinking about the fact that he was naked in the water with another man mere inches away.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2016 6:22 AM

Ryo would have been a liar, had he said that he didn't intentionally use this opportunity to check his partner out. Though, there wasn't much time to look as, once Prosper was safely in the water, the bubbles hid both of their naked forms. Prosper behaved the way Ryo expected, carefully not making contact, and probably so far out of his element that he didn't know what to do now.

The god contentedly sat in silence for a few minutes, simply enjoying his bath, though he'd glance over at Prosper occasionally, mostly to make sure the idiot wasn't drowning. Suddenly, he went under the water for about half a minute, before popping back up, and then running his fingers through his hair, pushing it out of face.

This marked a period of activity for him, as he moved around in the tub a bit, in order to fetch the bottle of shampoo sitting on the edge of the tub. As he pumped some shampoo into one hand and began lathering it up, he finally, he showed some interest in Prosper or, really, his past. "What did you do for that other god?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 10/23/2016 12:14 PM

Prosper hadn't expected the question. He glanced up at Ryo when the god spoke, trying to read his tone. He hadn't forgotten how Ryo had reacted the last time he'd brought up his former master of his own volition, so he was a little puzzled that the topic was coming up again now, but as far as he could tell, Ryo didn't sound hostile. Still, he couldn't shake the feeling that he ought to be careful about what he said.

"I collected lights," he said, then faltered. It was hard to describe without sounding absurd. Reaching out a hand, he lifted it above the water and in the direction of the nearest lighting fixture, half expecting nothing to happen. At first, nothing did. Then, a spool of concentrated light seeped out from the bulb, traveling down to meet his outstretched hand, and the source itself began to dim. The glow disappeared into his skin, not unlike water into soil. There was almost no trace left when it was over, but his skin had a little more shine, and there were glimmering flecks in his eyes that hadn't been there before.

So he was still able to do this much. He didn't know what to think of that. There was no need for it anymore, however, and with his demonstration done, he let it leave him. The trail of light spun back up to the bulb it had originated from, which guttered for a moment before coming back to life. "I don't know what he wanted it for," Prosper found himself saying. He had meant only to answer the questions, but the words spilled out. "There were a lot of us. I'm not sure how many... People came and went." What he didn't mention was that most were debtors, or sold into it by someone who was; and that those who disappeared were almost certainly dead. "That was it. Everything was to collect as much as possible, without getting caught. So we would go to old farm towns and little villages... Sometimes cities, but it's harder to stay hidden there." Truthfully, people were less likely to bat an eyelash at a light going dead in a well-lit city center, but it would mean trying to blend in with the locals, and none of them had the time to spare for that. "The honeybee might be a good metaphor for what we did. We gathered as much as we could, brought it back, and went off again for more."

He didn't know why he was telling Ryo all this. He hadn't spoken about his job this way to anyone before. When he talked to the newer servants--- which was already a foolish thing to be doing--- he pared it down to what they needed to survive. Nothing like this. Here, he deliberately left out the worst of it, speaking of his life as if it had been bearable and mundane. He told himself it was because he didn't want to alarm Ryo, or perhaps because he doubted the god would care, but there was a part of him too, irrational as it was, that didn't want to sound as if he were complaining. Maybe it was the warmth getting to him, or the strangeness of the past day. He hardly knew.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/23/2016 5:23 PM

Watching with interest as Prosper lifted his hand up out of the water, as the light seeped from a single bulb of the light fixture and, finally, seemingly absorbed into his body, Ryo found that it was kind of spectacular. The glow it gave Prosper's skin, his eyes,  was visually appealing; Ryo could not deny that, but he didn't express it. Seeing such a thing, it reinforced the idea that his partner wasn't just a typical human. What was yet to come would be easier for him then, or, at least, there was a chance of it.

The corners of Ryo's mouth pulled down, just ever so slightly, when the light was released and returned to its rightful place. It was nearly a frown. It seemed a shame that the light was released, but he realized that Prosper didn't actually absorb it. He was only a vessel for it, not using it for any purpose, himself.

He'd found himself unmoving throughout the demonstration and, when Ryo realized this, he began moving suddenly. Using both hands that had been covered in shampoo for a moment too long, he lathered up his hair. As Prosper began to describe his work, his life, the god leaned back against the sloping side of the tub, his hair just in the water, to rinse the access soap. He relaxed as he was, remaining quiet as he listened.

Prosper skirted around things, that much was obvious, but Ryo understood the implications. It was when the other man finished speaking, that the god sat back up, turning to face him with his entire body, eyes narrowed. "So you're all worked to your death." It wasn't a question, but a statement. Ryo had found him dying, all alone, with no obvious wounds or ailments. His body had simply given out. The god seemed a bit agitated, but it wasn't necessarily directed at Prosper.

"You're not permitted to die under my watch," he told him, and his tone made it evident that it was an order. "If you die, I'll kill you myself. So don't do anything stupid again. Understand?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext