Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:21 PM

"Really now, is that strictly necessary when all I'm doing is bringing you your food?" the woman said with a smirk. Cvetka was startled; how was it she could understand her?

"Ah, I see that nobody has spoken to you yet, the fools. You can understand us now - move your head like this if you understand." The woman dipped her head, then tilted it to the side as Cvetka copied the movement.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:24 PM

"Excellent, the ritual worked; perhaps these fools are useful after all" she muttered, still smirking. Cvetka felt her hackles rise; she did not like this woman, especially the way she talked.

"Rit-oo-al?" Cvetka tried, copying the sounds the woman had made. She hoped the woman would understand it was a question. How frustrating it was to know she could communicate, and yet she did not know how to speak.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:28 PM

"I un-da-stann; I rit-oo-al?" Cvetka asked again, grimacing at the strange way the words caused her mouth to move. It felt like something else was moving her mouth, and it was very strange.

"Ah, you understand me. You wish to know about the ritual?" came the lazy reply from the smirking woman. Cvetka merely dipped her head in reply, assuming that the movement she was instructed to make earlier would suffice. "I wish know rit-oo-al" she said, also wishing the woman would hurry up and talk.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:31 PM

"We put a piece of demon in your heart, so you would gain its knowledge and strength" the woman said easily, as if it were nothing at all. Cvetka was taken aback; she knew what the words meant, as easily as if she'd known them all her life, but she also knew that this was the first time she - whatever she was now - had heard them.

"My heart - Dee-mon?" Cvetka asked, hoping the woman would explain further. She did not like what she was understanding, and did not like that they had done something to her. She felt an itch at the back of her mind, and suddenly was afraid as well.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:33 PM

"Yes" said the woman, nodding in reply to Cvetka's question. "We were in need of a guard, so we put a piece of demon inside you. You are the first to survive the ritual, and we are pleased about your recovery."

At that, Cvetka snarled - did they know that they had almost killed her? It was clear the woman did not care, whether she knew or not.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:36 PM

Cvetka tried talking again, hoping she would get more answers. "Need gard?" she said, trying to keep her anger down. If the woman walked away, she would be left alone with no answers. "I gard?" she said, suddenly realising that the woman had skirted over something important; "I not good for gard bee-for?". Words were slowly trickling into her understanding, even if they had not been spoken to her before.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:39 PM

"Ah, I see that the demon has already begun to bond with your mind. You were not adequate for our needs before; we need a guard that can understand all instructions, and that can fight off demons. We have created one by altering you." The woman paused to let her latest information sink in, and enjoyed the puzzled realisations that crossed Cvetka's face.

"Why me? Why guard? Why not ee-nuff be-for?" Cvetka said, panicked at the feeling of a tickle at the back of her mind. "Why need deemon?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:42 PM

The woman seemed to be actively enjoying herself at Cvetka's conversation. "I'm impressed at the level of your understanding" she said, eyes flickering over Cvetka's attentive face. "You would be killed instantly if you were still a mindless beast. The demon makes you smarter, faster, stronger, more agile, and able to survive severe wounds."

"Wounds? What yoo do to me?" Cvetka said, now genuinely scared of the humans' plans for her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:45 PM

The woman laughed at Cvetka's panic, pleased at how talking about the demon was affecting her. "We are going to train you into what we need you to be. We will continue to provide you with food and care, and you will obey us."

"And if I no obey?" asked Cvetka more boldly than she intended. She didn't like the sound of the plans they had for her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:47 PM

"You won't have a choice; the ritual will see to that - you can't even come near me" the woman said, smirking. Cvetka was puzzled; she didn't feel any different, besides the odd mind tickle and the near exhaustion she'd felt ever since she awoke. Surely if the ritual had worked as the woman expected it to, she would have felt something more?

"I can't?" Cvetka asked, getting to her feet. She was determined to see if the woman was lying to her about the level of control she was under.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:49 PM

The woman's grin began to fall as Cvetka made her way towards her. "This is impossible! The bonds we put on you- oh no, I remember now! You howled during the ritual!" The woman began to back away, panicked, as she remembered what had happened. "But the demon took! How could this have happened if the demon took!"

Cvetka sat down, understanding the woman's confusion as she shared it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:52 PM

"I no want fight" Cvetka said, slowly, hoping to make her point clear. "Maybe I be some-thing else?" she said cautiously, wondering if the woman would understand. "I hunt?" she tried, still staring at the shocked look on the woman's face.

"You won't leave this building unless we can control you" the woman said emphatically, looking like she'd been slapped. "I can't even leave this room unless I can convince them that I have you under control."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:54 PM

"They not like you" came Cvetka's reply, understanding dawning on her. The woman had been sent in with the hope that she would kill her. "I not like you, but they not like you more - they want me kill you."

The woman went pale then, as she understood what Cvetka was saying. "Yes, they do hope you kill me - are you going to then?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:56 PM

"I kill for food, to feed my pack, and for fight, to defend my pack. I not kill you unless for that." Cvetka paused, looking at the woman's fear. "I no want fight" she said again, making her point clear. "Maybe I help you? We leave here if I be good?"

The woman seemed to not believe what Cvetka had said.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 5:58 PM

"What do you mean, leave here?" the woman asked cautiously, wondering what Cvetka was offering her.

"You and I go, leave this place" Cvetka said anxiously, hoping the woman would agree. "Get away from them, maybe find my pack?"

The woman grimaced at the sound of those words. "Your pack is gone; like I said, you were the only one to survive the ritual."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext