Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:00 PM

Cvetka's heart ached as she understood; she was the last one. Not even the pups had been spared from the ritual, then. Suddenly, she felt very angry, at this woman and all the humans with her. "You killed my pack?" she snarled, getting to her feet to face the woman. "You kill all of them? Even the pups?" she asked, furiously.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:02 PM

The woman cringed, but stood her ground - as if she couldn't move back any further.

"The pups were not with the group we received. Perhaps they were sold to another buyer." The woman grimaced again, and Cvetka didn't like it but she could tell she was telling the truth. "Then we will find them" Cvetka growled out, making the woman cringe even more.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:06 PM

"You will help me" Cvetka growled out, still furious about the loss of her pack. She would mourn them when she was alone, but for now she would deal with the woman. "If I bee-have, you let me out, and we find them"; it wasn't a question.

The woman nodded reluctantly at her request. "You must understand" she said, "If they think you are outside of my control they'll kill both of us."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:08 PM

"I be good as long as you help me" Cvetka promised, the words leaving a foul taste in her mouth. She hated what she was doing, knew that before she would never have considered it. But that was before she was forced to be part demon, she told herself; things had changed.

"What I must do?" she asked, sitting down again in front of the woman. The woman gulped, then held out her hand; "You must let me touch you" she said.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:12 PM

Cvetka bared her teeth, before calming down as she saw the woman flinched but kept her hand outstretched. "Why touch me?" she growled; she didn't like this woman at all.

"It's a sign of trust and obedience" the woman said. Her voice shook a little as she spoke. "If I can touch you, you must be under my control, and they will let me out."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:16 PM

Cvetka snorted at the woman's outstretched hand and trembling fingers. For a moment, she considered biting it off, but then she'd never get out. She growled, but realised she had no other choice.

"You take me with you" she said, gesturing with her nose to the door. The woman looked her in the eyes as she said "Yes" with a pale face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:18 PM

Cvetka moved forward slowly, so as to not scare the woman further, and held back a growl. After what seemed like forever, she felt the top of her head connect with the woman's palm.

A flash of understanding seemed to go through Cvetka, and she stepped back, shocked at what she had seen. The woman stood proudly in front of her, trembling even as she did so. How could this woman still stand after everything?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:20 PM

"You are like me - part demon" Cvetka said in amazement. "They did this to you too - and you want out; that why you need me." She understood now, and even pitied this woman, though she still disliked her.

"You understand now; I assume that means our deal still stands?" the woman questioned. Cvetka merely nodded in reply, holding a little respect for this woman's strength.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:22 PM

Cvetka did not need to tell the woman what else she had seen in her vision. That she had seen the humans taking away a small bundle from the woman to offer it to the vile monster statue in the other room. That the bundle - which Cvetka had assumed was a child - had been taken forcibly, with the woman made to watch.

Cvetka knew that humans were not to be trusted, had known it before this, but it was true understanding she had now. Her heart wept not only for her own pack, but for the loss of the small human bundle.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:25 PM

"I will need to restrain you - a collar and leash, so you may walk with me" said the woman, pulling the items from within her robes. Cvetka growled; she did not like the look of them one bit. However, she understood that this was necessary, as the demon in her heart gave her understanding of the items. She stepped closer and allowed the woman to fasten the collar around her neck. She shook her head, to ensure it wasn't too tight, and then let the woman attach the leash to it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:27 PM

"I want off as soon as we out of here" she growled at the woman, hating how it made her feel to wear the collar. She knew what it was for, and that it was necessary. She would never like it, however.

"I promise I'll take it off as soon as we're in my personal chambers" the woman whispered, tugging on the leash. At Cvetka's answering growl, she shushed her and gestured with her head towards the door.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:29 PM

This time, there was no resistance, and both the woman and Cvetka passed through the door with ease. They were met on the other side by a group of men, who laughed at the sight of them. The woman's pale, angry face and Cvetka's answering growl seemed only to amuse them further.

"I thought you said this mutt would be under control" jeered one of them, kicking at Cvetka with his boot. Cvetka snarled, but remained close to the woman; she didn't like this one bit.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:31 PM

"Get away from her; she's on a leash, isn't she?" the woman replied haughtily, tugging Cvetka's leash to walk her away from the men. As Cvetka walked, she turned her head back to look at the men, and snarled.

"Stop that" whispered the woman, as she hurried them down the corridor. "You're supposed to be intelligent, but not that intelligent. They don't know the full effects of the demon bond."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:33 PM

"He went to hurt me" Cvetka growled back at the woman, but she kept pace with her. It seemed that this woman may have been the nicest human there. Cvetka snorted at the thought, as she reminded herself that this woman was not nice herself. Clearly, she had to get away from these humans. If that meant bringing the woman along then so be it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:36 PM

"In here" whispered the woman, as she stopped in front of a door. She pulled a key on a string around her neck, and unlocked the door for them to pass through. Cvetka sniffed as she entered; the room smelled like the woman and food. She heard the door click shut behind them, and the lock grind into place as the woman secured it. Cvetka turned to face her as she heard the woman step towards her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext