Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:10 PM

That night, Cvetka got very little sleep. She kept her ears pricked for unfamiliar sounds, as the woman's breathing levelled out. She did not know why, but she felt uneasy. She decided to get up and wander around the room. As soon as she got into the main room, she understood her unease.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2061
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:13 PM

The woman's door had been opened and a man stood inside it. From the way he smelled, he had not been here earlier, and Cvetka's ears went back. She could see he resembled the man in the picture.

She did not want him coming any closer to the bedroom, but she needn't have worried. After checking that he could hear the woman's breathing in the other room, he went over to the chest of drawers.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:15 PM

He seemed to be looking for something, and didn't seem to want to wake the woman. Cvetka's keen eyes spotted that his fingers danced towards an envelope on the top of the chest of drawers. He startled and shut the drawer on his fingers as she let out a deep growl.

He cursed, and stormed towards the door, seemingly not caring about the noise he made any longer. With a last look towards her, he shut the door and locked it from the outside.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:17 PM

The woman came stumbling out of the bedroom wide-eyed, seemingly having been woken by her growl. "What happened?" she asked, catching sight of the open drawer and the scattered items.

"The man in your picture was looking for something" answered Cvetka, as she stalked over to the door to make sure he was gone. "I scared him I think - he trapped his fingers" she said casually, as she sniffed the bottom of the door. "I think he may have locked us both in here."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:19 PM

The woman paled, and went over to the door to check for herself. When it wouldn't budge, she groaned in frustration.

"What's wrong?" asked Cvetka, wondering whether they would be unable to get out.

"I can open the door, I have a key - that's what he was looking for. I assume he grabbed something and thinks we can't get out" said the woman.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:22 PM

Cvetka snorted, unimpressed at the man's stupidity. "The key is around your neck, right?" she asked, still sniffing at the door.

The woman nodded, as she walked towards the chest of drawers. She began to fish around inside of it, and let out a sigh of frustration as she realised what he had taken. "He's taken my silver ritual dagger - the fool; he doesn't know how to use it properly" she exclaimed, shutting the drawer.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 3:17 PM

"What's the dagger for?" Cvetka asked, turning away from the door. The man's footsteps had retreated out of her hearing range - though she was surprised it had taken so long. She assumed it was just another trait acquired from her demon bond.

The woman snorted, turning to face Cvetka with a pout. "Killing demons" she said, unperturbed; "But it's not just the dagger that does it - it needs a demon to wield it."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 3:20 PM

Cvetka nodded her understanding; only a demon could kill another demon by absorbing it's essence, supplied the tickle in the back of her mind. She wondered if it was taking shape into a separate entity - sometimes that happened, she knew, though it depended on the strength of both the demon and the bond. The ritual bound the demon fragment that way so as to prevent powerful demons killing the host, but a demon that was too powerful for the host would shatter the bond and kill everything connected to it - host included.

"What do you think he plans to do with it?" she asked, sitting down beside the hearth as the woman stoked the fire. They both knew it would be unlikely for them to go back to sleep tonight.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 3:51 PM

The woman grimaced as she sat down, deep in thought. "Probably get himself killed trying to subdue the - creature - I told you about earlier. The woman sighed in frustration, and rubbed her eyes with her hand.

"You made the dagger, I take it - it doesn't just need a demon to wield it, it needs one to create it too" said Cvetka, new understanding passing through her bond. The woman nodded, and the level of respect Cvetka had for her raised up another notch - though she still wouldn't say she liked her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 5:06 PM

Cvetka sighed; she knew what was coming, and she didn't like it at all. "You said something about harnessing our demons earlier - would we be able to do that now, to see what he's up to with the dagger?" she asked, dreading the response.

The woman frowned, and shook her head. "I wouldn't risk it with us being tired, and the possibility of being caught is too high since he knows we're awake. Besides, we're the only ones with demons here - they'd know it was us."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 5:32 PM

Cvetka tried not to let her relief show on her face. Her curiosity was peaked, however, when the tickle at the back of her mind poked an idea forward.

"Are we in danger then, if he has your silver dagger?" she asked, concern making her frown as best she could. "Is it possible he will try to bond with a demon and then harvest ours?"

The woman pursed her lips and paled at the thought.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 5:37 PM

"You're right" the woman said, bringing one hand to her mouth in fear. "I hadn't considered that, but it's the kind of thing he would think of - the only way he would be able to control the monster is if he was a stronger one." She shuddered at the thought, and got up to rummage around on the desk. "We will need to leave immediately then."

Cvetka stood up and shook herself before padding over to the desk to see what the woman had pulled out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:11 PM

It appeared to be a pair of maps of the continents, and Cvetka sat down beside the desk to study them.

The woman was muttering to herself as she grabbed a scroll and opened it, peering frantically through the passages for something. "Aha!" she cried, finding the verse she wanted and circling it with a quill dipped in the ink pot. "The annexe is located in Baian Swamp!" she cried triumphantly, circling it on the map.

Cvetka peered at the scroll, which seemed to be written in verse, and meanings began to float to the surface of her mind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:18 PM

The woman, meanwhile, was busy plotting their course to the swamp, and muttering to herself. At last, she set down the quill and rubbed her chin in thought, before speaking to Cvetka. "We'll need to take some supplies with us - we can get those from the kitchens, sneak out during the night, and get on the first merchant cart we see."

Cvetka didn't seem too happy about that plan, and glanced at the woman before speaking. "It is winter and the roads are long and harsh; would we be able to get on a merchant cart from here?"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:22 PM

The woman laughed humourlessly; she had momentarily forgotten that there were things Cvetka didn't know about the place. "This place is abandoned - an old cathedral, cursed to darkness; nobody ever comes here save for members of this cult. Supplies are brought in by... portal..." Her speech slowed and then stopped altogether, as she had a brainwave. "Of course!" she exclaimed, her excitement causing Cvetka to jump in alarm; "We take the portal to Baian Swamp - it's rarely accurate though, so we'll probably get dropped off in the middle of trouble, but we'll be in the right area."

Cvetka didn't like the sound of that; "What do you mean, the portal isn't accurate?" she asked.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext