Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Taming the Storm [Self][Training][Finished]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/22/2016 11:01 AM

Continued from Biting Cold Indeed!

Cvetka regained her consciousness slowly. It felt like she had been out for some time. She was alone in an unfamiliar room. She could smell things she had never smelled before. One smell however was familiar - the smell of human.

[1]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 2:48 AM

The whole room reeked of humans and human activity. Cvetka growled and tried to stand, but found that she could not. Looking around in the dim half-light, she found she had been shackled to a chain that seemed to be held by a large statue. She tried to throw the shackles off, but she was still too weak to move much. Exausted, she collapsed to the ground, panting.

[2]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 2:52 AM

Cvetka was left alone for a while with nothing but the statue to keep her company. She hated the quiet and solitude she was in, as she had never been without her pack before. She wondered what had become of her pack after their capture. Could they be somewhere in wherever it was that she had been imprisoned? She growled to herself as she resolved to find them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:32 AM

It was very cold in that room, and Cvetka huddled into herself for warmth. It was yet another thing she missed about being surrounded by the rest of her pack. No-one ever went cold when they were all together. She hoped she would be able to find them, then resolved to try not to think about them too much. She kept her ears pricked for any sounds, hoping she would not just be left here to rot.

[4]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:35 AM

Suddenly, a flaming brazier flared on the other side of the room. Cvetka was on her feet in an instant, looking for the source of the flame. An old human, accompanied by a younger human, stepped out from behind the brazier. They were dressed in long brown garments, and the old one used a staff to walk. They came towards her, but kept their distance from the snarling shielupe.

[5]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:38 AM

They spoke in a strange language, one that Cvetka did not understand. They seemed to be praying to the statue,  and Cvetka turned to look at it whilst keeping one eye on the pair of humans. She had not been able to see much in the half-dark, but now she saw the statue appeared to be some sort of monstrous female. She shied away from it, pulling as far as her chains would allow, and wondered why she was here. Was she to be a sacrifice to the creature depicted by the statue?

[6]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:41 AM

Cvetka watched the humans finish praying and leave through a door behind the brazier. They left the fire burning, however, so she was no longer freezing. She felt uncomfortable with the statue, now that she could see it properly. Its eyes seemed to follow her as she moved restlessly at the end of her chain. She disliked waiting, especially as she did not know how much time was passing.

[7]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:43 AM

After what seemed like forever, Cvetka both smelled and heard the young man approaching again. She could also smell that he had food on him. The scent of blood pervaded the room and made her mouth water. Fresh meat - and yet, Cvetka kept her ears up and her growl going. She did not trust these humans who kept her in chains and worshipped monsters.

[8]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:45 AM

The human paused some distance away to look at her. It seemed to be deliberating the best way to approach. Cvetka growled loudly in warning, as the human took a step forward. She resented the idea that it would try to feed her like a pet. She was a proud, wild animal, and would not stoop to such things.

[9]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:57 AM

The human said some of its strange words again, and placed the meat upon the ground out of her reach. Cvetka growled again; how dare they torture her with food just out of reach? It was humiliating the way her mouth began to water at the smell.

The human retreated to a lever on the wall, and pulled it down. Cvetka immediately felt her chains slacken, though the shackles did not give.

[10]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 3:59 AM

Cvetka was immediately suspicious of the human who could control the length of her chains. She sniffed the meat as she came closer, but could not smell anything untoward. It appeared to be a normal piece of juicy fresh meat.

She watched the human as it watched her circle the plate, sniffing all around. Eventually, she gave into her hunger, and cleared the plate.

[11]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 4:02 AM

Seemingly satisfied, the human took a step towards her and was rewarded with Cvetka rearing up and barking furiously. She may have eaten the food they provided, but that did not mean she was tame. She continued barking as the human retreated to the lever again, then yelped as her chains were pulled back into the fist of the statue.

The human now stepped forward confidently in the knowledge that she could no longer reach either the plate or him. He retrieved the plate and stood looking at her for a moment.

[12]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 4:03 AM

The human said some more words in that strange language, and then left the room. This time, it dimmed the light of the brazier but did not put it out entirely. She could still see, and the room was not as cold as it had been before.

Cvetka sat at the end of her chain and licked her muzzle clean. Who were these people, and why were they keeping her locked up here?

[13]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 4:07 AM

For a few days, the pattern continued in the same way. Cvetka was always hostile to the humans, but accepted the food they brought with less fuss each time. She did not want contact, but food was food and it had been very long since she had had access to regular food.

After a few days, the old man began to stay after their prayers to watch her eat. He said some things in that strange language to the young human, and it began to bring her water as well as food.

[14]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/23/2016 4:10 AM

Cvetka slowly felt her strength returning to her, but she had been weak even before her capture. The winter had been harsh, with little food and lots of disease. She was bulking out well, now, and her coat was soft and thick. She tried not to let herself think of her pack, of the young ones who needed food like this much more than she did. It hurt to remember their cries of hunger in the cold nights on the mountain.

[15]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next