Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:37 PM

"I promised to take it off, didn't I?" the woman said at Cvetka's warning growl. Cvetka obediently sat down, then cursed herself for it. She didn't want to become some sort of tamed pet, after all. The moment the collar was off, she shook herself and moved to inspect the room. She ignored the woman's presence as much as she could, preferring to explore herself.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:40 PM

"Try not to knock anything over please - I haven't got much to begin with" the woman called out, clearly not afraid of being overheard. Cvetka paused her inspection of what her demon informed her was a bed, to look at a small picture frame. "Who is this?" she asked, indicating it with her nose. There seemed to be a male human in the picture, along with the female and the bundle Cvetka had seen. She was curious about this woman, who seemed to want to get out as much as she did.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:42 PM

The woman came towards her to see what she was looking at, and Cvetka indicated the photo again. The woman snorted in disgust before replying to her question.

"That man runs this place; he was my - I suppose you would call him a mate, and that was our child." She stared at the photo with a look of bitterness on her face. In that moment, Cvetka understood; this man was the cause of the woman's pain.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:45 PM

"Why you stay?" Cvetka asked, puzzled; the woman clearly had no real desire to be part of any of this any more. "Why you no leave? Why you stay here when here so bad?" she couldn't understand why the woman had stayed, and more, why the woman had wanted her.

The woman sighed, bitterly, before replying. "With an army of beasts like you - with the demon bond - under my control, I would have been able to take over this place. Shut it down, get my revenge - that was my plan."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:47 PM

Cvetka nodded her understanding of the woman's explanation. "And with just me, you can't - that why you want fighter" she said, a little sadly.

The woman nodded tiredly at her, indicating she was right. "Perhaps I should have left long ago anyway. This place does things to you - warps your mind, until all you see is what they tell you."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:49 PM

The woman shuddered, and Cvetka cocked her head to the side. She could see the woman clearly had something on her mind, and she wanted to know what it was.

"They put demons in us - they take your child and give to monster, what more they do?" she asked, dreading the answer. The woman swallowed before she began to answer.

"Their goal is much, much worse than that" she said, looking Cvetka in the eye.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:52 PM

"They want to summon an ancient evil - a monster that makes the statue seem like a cuddly toy." The woman shuddered again, remembering her husband's feverish rantings during their assemblies.

Cvetka felt a fear twist deep in her heart, and wondered if her demon knew what they were trying to summon.

"They - we - have been ordered to build a large chamber, to be filled with blood. At the winter equinox, the room will be exposed to the moon rays and a demonic ritual will be cast to tear a rift into the lair of the monster."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:53 PM

Cvetka's ears drew back at the mention of this creature. "What happen then?" she asked, feeling her heart beginning to race.

The woman shook her head in reply. "The fools believe they can control it, to do their bidding. I realised they were wrong today, when we couldn't even control you."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:56 PM

Cvetka stared at her, not quite believing what she had heard. "I was a test?" she asked, wondering whether these people were all out of their minds.

"For me you were; the others follow him blindly, but I did not believe it would go as he said. I used you to test the ritual, to test whether we could control a bound demon - and we failed. I am sorry that your pack is gone; I was not involved in their rituals, but clearly they were not performed correctly."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 6:58 PM

Cvetka growled at the mention of her pack, but decided to let it slide for the moment. "How can we stop them?" she asked instead, surprised with the ease she spoke the words. The demon bond was clearly taking effect, but it was odd. She had expected more of an evil or destructive influence; she merely felt like a better, stronger, more intelligent version of herself. She wondered if the woman was the same.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:00 PM

"I don't know" the woman replied honestly, and Cvetka felt here heart drop. "I assume there are records in the library annexe, but I am not permitted to enter there. However, with your help I might be able to do something." At this, the woman looked thoughtful, and Cvetka's curiosity peaked. "We will need to harness our demons more than I have tried to before."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:02 PM

"Harness...demons?" Cvetka asked, unsure whether she had understood correctly. The woman nodded, as she seemed to have a thought. "The demons are bound to you and I internally. We should be able to use them to call on other demons. Lesser ones, to do our bidding - or perhaps I should call one, and you help me control it."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:05 PM

Cvetka did not like the idea at all; demons were not to be messed with. The tickle at the back of her mind however gave a shudder, and she was instantly suspicious of it.

"Maybe we try later, but not now" she said, adding as much stress as she could to her words. She was still a little achy and tired, and the woman did not look much better than she felt. "Now we try rest, and build up our strength" she said.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:07 PM

The woman nodded her agreement, realising how tired she felt. "My bed is in the other room. Well, it's more a pile of rags on the floor, but it's warmer than it is out here." Cvetka nodded, and followed the woman through the doorway. It was indeed warmer, and soon the woman had separated the pile into two - one for each of them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/28/2016 7:09 PM

Cvetka yawned, and pawed at the pile to make it more comfortable. She still wondered at this woman, who seemed to give her more questions than answers. She would need to work with her to try to stop the demon, but it would prevent her from going after the pups. Cvetka sighed, her heart feeling heavy in her chest. Deep inside she knew the pups were long gone, but she didn't want to accept it, as it would mean accepting the loss of her entire pack.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext