Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Taming the Storm [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:25 PM

"Oh, the evil that taints both this place and the cursed temple in the swamp messes with the portal link. It'll get you there in one piece, but you generally have to travel to the temple from wherever it is that you are." The woman paused in her excited speech to grab a piece of parchment and began writing a list of supplies.

Cvetka growled when she saw the woman had written 'leash and collar' on the list, but knew better than to protest. She knew they would need to act as master and servant at all times unless they were in private - or in the wilds.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:30 PM

The next two days were filled with going about their duties as master and servant, as Cvetka predicted, whilst sneaking supplies to what they now thought of as their shared chambers. On the third day, the woman deemed them ready and they sat up late that night planning their escape.

"We'll need to be cautious" the woman said, pausing her packing for a moment. Cvetka pricked up her ears, and turned to face her from where she sat by the door. "There are always guards posted by the portal room; fortunately, they are the sort whom are easily distracted."
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:34 PM

"What do you intend to do?" Cvetka asked cautiously, curious about the object the woman held in her hand. The woman smiled, and held it out towards her for her to sniff. Cvetka recoiled in disgust, as the most foul scent she had ever come across hit her nostrils.

"I intend to throw this past them, and have it clatter off somewhere in the dark - that should give us just enough time to slip into the room and use the portal. By the time they come after us, we'll be long gone - we just need to make sure we have everything secured in the packs, so as not to make noise as we slip through the corridors."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:37 PM

Cvetka nodded her understanding, still reeling from the scent of whatever was in the small jar. Even her demon didn't seem to know, and that was slightly unsettling to her. She stood and walked towards where the woman was packing the modified saddlebags that she would be carrying.

The woman strapped the packs onto her, and Cvetka felt a bit like a carthorse Cavallion. "At least nothing's jingling" said the woman; "try walking up and down a bit - see if you can make any noise."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:42 PM

Cvetka trotted around the small space they had, shaking every way she could, but not a sound came from her bags. She looked at the woman who smiled back at her, before turning to lift her own pack onto her back, and checking for noise.

A moment later, they both paused at the sound of footsteps coming towards the door.

"Quick, into the bedroom" the woman hissed, putting out the candle they were using for light. They darted into the bedroom and watched as the handle slowly turned, and in stepped a young man in patched robes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:45 PM

They watched silently, as he stepped into the room and laid what looked like a gleaming silver dagger and a letter on the desk, before leaving quietly and shutting the door behind him. Cvetka was puzzled as to his behaviour; why sneak into a room that way and not even check to see if the occupants were asleep?

The woman stepped forward, listening to make sure the footsteps were out of earshot before turning to the table and gasping.

"What is it?" came Cvetka's low growl from beside her, as she sniffed at the objects on the table. "My dagger" the woman replied, picking it up to check it wasn't a forgery; "and a warning - you were right; we're indeed in danger."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:49 PM

"Then we go as planned, but with more haste" Cvetka replied, watching as the woman took a leather holster from the drawers and fastened it onto herself before placing the dagger in it. The woman looked at her and nodded, before carefully and quietly opening the door.

Together they snuck through the hallways, ducking into dark doorways whenever they saw someone. Cvetka used her keen senses to keep them in check, and they were lucky - they made it to the last hallway unimpeded.

Suddenly, Cvetka growled and pushed the woman into a room before pushing the door almost shut.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:52 PM

They stood in silence, listening as a familiar set of footsteps passed the room they were in and walked towards the way they had come from.

The woman paled, though Cvetka would not have seen it without her new sight. "He must be heading for my chambers" she said, fear in her voice; "we will soon be discovered!"

"Once he enters the room and sees you aren't there, he'll alert the guards" growled Cvetka, already nosing the door open. "We must head for the portal now - get ready to throw that thing as hard as you can!"

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:55 PM

They hastened to the portal room hallway, and the woman's aim was admirable. Three guards immediately chased after it, with a further six being pulled along by their shouts.

"Now!" barked Cvetka, darting into the portal room with the woman running furiously beside her. The portal was already active, with a pulsating aura around it and a swampy vista clearly visible in its centre.

Suddenly, they heard shouts coming from the hallway behind them - and a very loud, unfamiliar bell tolling through the abandoned cathedral.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/29/2016 6:58 PM

Cvetka didn't hesitate; she grabbed the woman's robes in her teeth and pulled her through the portal. All around them were swirling colours, and it felt like they were swimming through treacle towards the view of the swamp. Time slowed, and for a moment it felt like they would be trapped in the portal forever.

A rush of sensation heralded their arrival in the swamp, as did a large pool of murky water. Cvetka spat it out, and got to her feet to shake it off - randomised destination indeed, she thought to herself.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous