Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Test Run [self; E] [Hunt]

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 12:50 AM

She didn’t let him go, but her eyes went wide. “Oh,” she said. “Oh, no. You were with the demon when--- My goodness! Did you get mauled? I heard it went feral! And the---”

No,” said Aram firmly, before she could recount any more strange theories. The rumor mill had been at work while he’d been asleep, clearly. He suspected Neo had something to do with it, whether he meant to or not. “No, none of that. The bait was just... missing, so we had to stay out longer than usual. I was there all day. No one got mauled, or anything like that, but a day at the Saints is still nothing to sniff at.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 12:50 AM

She sighed. Did she... Was she disappointed? Aram hoped he was just imagining that, though it wasn’t out of the question for Brenda. She had never been the immaculate professional type. It didn’t matter; he just wanted this whole thing over with. “I’m just here for a check-up. I don’t feel great, but it doesn’t feel like anything serious either.”

“Well, I should hope not, since you haven’t been mauled... But you’re right, the Grand Saints field is rather unusual. Hmm. You wait right here; I’ll go get Sandy.” With that, she was off, leaving Aram with the receptionist boy again.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:04 PM

Aram shot the boy a look, as if daring him to say something. The boy took one look at his face and averted his eyes, busying himself with his work. It was probably for the best. Aram wasn’t in any mood to deal with nonsense today.

It was just his luck that Brenda found him first. He would have opted for one of the quieter medics, if he could have chosen one himself. He liked her well enough, and he had to admit that she was kind to him, but she was also completely overwhelming, and he didn’t think anyone had ever managed to convince her to tone it down.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:04 PM

He wasn’t kept waiting long. Brenda returned a few minutes later with a short, squat man in tow. Sandy might have been his real name, but Aram thought it equally likely that he’d been nicknamed for his hair. He had a liberal dusting of freckles across his nose accentuated by a pair of small horn-rimmed glasses. He also didn’t look terribly awake. Brenda must have dragged him out of bed for this.

“Ah yes,” he said, clearing his throat slightly. “Mmm. You’re the one who went with Neo yesterday? My goodness.” He was still looking at his notes as he walked up, and startled slightly upon finally fixing his gaze on Aram properly.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:05 PM

Blinking, he peered closer. “Yes, you certainly look like something that waste field spat out. Well, I should be glad you aren’t worse, I suppose. Do you have any strange symptoms to report? Strange visions, unusual bodily sensations? Abnormally colored stool?”

“Abnormally colored--- No, none of those,” Aram said hurriedly, before Sandy had a chance to scribble it down. “Uh. A headache. Minor body aches. Some nightmares, but I’ve been told that’s normal,” he said. It was hard to think of anything else worth mentioning.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:06 PM

Sandy nodded as he took down notes. For her part, Brenda was suddenly nowhere to be seen. He wasn’t sure whether that was a good thing, but there was no use worrying about it, especially not with Sandy interrogating him about his symptoms.

The short medic asked a few more questions, made a few thoughtful ‘hmm’s, then put his pen away behind his ear. Straightening, he said, “That’s all very encouraging, considering how long you were there. Good warding, most likely. Still, we’re going to run some tests. You can never be too careful, you know, and field agents have a tendency to under-report their symptoms.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:07 PM

Aram frowned, but Sandy was no longer looking at him. He pulled out a set of tools and told Aram to spit into a cup. When that was done, he wanted a better look at Aram's eyes; then to listen to his heart, to his lungs. It looked like pretty standard procedures until he brought out a magical apparatus.

At first the tests were tolerable, if annoying. A few were uncomfortable or unpleasant, but nothing he couldn’t handle. The problem was, they just kept going, long after Aram would have expected to be finished. “Are you sure all of these are necessary?” he said, not at all successful at keeping his impatience out of his voice. “I’m really fine. Can’t I go now?”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:09 PM

“What? Absolutely not. The full effects of the Grand Saints energy field aren’t properly understood, so you’d better believe we’re taking extra precautions.” Sandy jabbed his pen in the air for emphasis, before moving off to find something else to examine Aram with.

Not so willing to let it go at just that, Aram followed.  “I don’t have time for this,” he said.

“You do if you don’t want to die,” Sandy replied tartly. He was holding another implement Aram didn't know, some long stick-like thing that hummed with magic. Studying it a moment, he shook his head and put it back, reaching for another.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:09 PM

Aram thinned his lips against a sharp retort of his own, and tried again. “I’m still on duty. We didn’t find what we were looking for last time, so I have to go back.”

“Like hell you do,” said Sandy, which took Aram aback. He hadn’t expected someone who looked so much like an overstuffed teddy bear to curse. “You really have a death wish, don’t you? We don’t even let most normals go into that mess without proper equipment, which you definitely didn’t have. We’re certainly not going to send you two days running, wards or no wards. You might be feeling alright now, but your body isn’t built to cope with that kind of pressure.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:10 PM

“You said you didn’t even know what it was in there,” Aram said.

Sandy snorted. “What we don’t know is the exact cause and make-up--- because it’s too complicated. I don’t need twenty years of training to know that it’s bad for you. And while we don’t have positive conclusions about the specific natures within the field, we have more than enough evidence for us to know that we can’t send you in again, at least not without a twenty-day wait period.”  His tone brooked no argument, and his expression clearly suggested that Aram was already trying his patience. Even Aram had a hard time coming up with a retort after that.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:10 PM

Still, he couldn’t help but make one more attempt. “Neo is going,” he said. This last was a weak showing, he knew; he wasn’t even certain that Neo was going. Wherever Neo was though, it definitely wasn’t at the infirmary, being prodded by a zealous medic.

Sandy rolled his eyes. “Then he’s a fool, but he’s also a godling. They’re not normals. I dare say he won’t die, but more than that, who’s to say? God blood does as it likes.” With that, he resumed the tests, and Aram found that he had no more protests to make. It still rankled, being stuck here standing about when there was a demon on the loose, but he couldn’t blatantly disobey.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 03/27/2017 6:14 PM

Besides, it wasn’t as if he could get back to the Saints area without clearance from the gate operators. If the higher-ups decided to bench him, there was no way he’d find a way around that.

And... well, Sandy was right about Neo. Neo hadn’t seemed fazed when they’d been there together, even when it was all Aram could do to stay upright and conscious. What he wouldn’t have given for that kind of power... He knew it was beyond his reach, but he couldn’t help being jealous all the same. It wasn’t a sensation he liked to dwell on, but every time he worked with Neo, he was reminded of just how much distance there was between a son of Inias and a mortal like himself.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event:. » 03/27/2017 10:19 PM

The group should have expected this place to be somewhat frightening. However, even so, they probably weren't expecting the hot breath near their ear out of nowhere. No matter their reaction, they would soon hear a cackling noise. That noise would soon fade, however, and nothing was to come of it.

However something red was lying in the middle of the floor. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be a... flower?
This was certainly a strange place to find a Wild Rose, wasn't it?
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Previous