Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Sacrificial Blood [Teen, Mekkayena search, open]

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/15/2008 2:59 AM

ImageImage

Slowly, the flames running along his back flickering in the darkness, Kuri walked down the path. In his jaws was held a helpless Cuniflare, which struggled several times, but finally quieted. Blood trickled from its body, staining the Candle Shinzo's jaws, until he finally laid it on the tiles.

"Oh Xai're, accept this offering, and send a Mekkayena to me," he whispered softly, lowering his head over the corpse in respect. With his head still bowed, he heard the pattering of small feet over the stones, and his beloved mate, Felicity, soon appeared at his side. A small red Lucain pup was clenched in her jaws. She, too, laid down this offering.

"Do you really think it'll work?" she asked, gazing up at him curiously.

"Of course. Red is the color of blood. Xai're will be pleased."

[1, 1]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/21/2008 9:08 AM

Felicity looked around the gloom, as if expecting a Mekkayena to suddenly materialize. None did, and the place remained as dark as ever.

"Shall we take a little stroll?" Kuri asked curiously, licking her fur gently. Exhaling, he breathed a burst of flame onto a nearby torch, lighting it and allowing them to survey their surroundings.

"What a dump."

She had to agree.

[2, 2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/22/2008 8:14 PM

The two evil beasts padded down the broken tiles, their heads swiveling from side to side to take in the ancient runes. Felicity laid her paw on one that resembled a fire-breathing dragon.

"Do you think this is a picture of you, or one of your relatives?"

"Yes, it could be," he replied, coming over to take a look at the image himself. The dragon was flaming a screaming crowd of humans. Kuri smirked. That was definitely a relative of his. Although he wouldn't do that just for fun, he could do it if he had  a reason-and he was good at finding reasons.

[3, 3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/24/2008 8:40 AM

As they walked, Kuri lighting the torches, they came across a hole in the floor of the cathedral. Kuri took a step closer, and felt the floor give beneath his claws. Giving a suprised squeak, he leapt backwards, just as the tiles crumpled and fell into the darkness.

"That was close," commented Felicity as she looked at her mate, relieved that he was okay. "Maybe I should go check it out. I'm smaller and lighter."

"But beloved! I can't let you run into potential danger like this!"

"I'll be fine, don't worry." And with that, she walked up to the hole. The tiles did not crumble, and she gave a small smile. Soon, she was at the very lip of the hole.

When the floor gave way, she was so surprised she didn't even yell.

[4, 4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/24/2008 8:16 PM

Kuri cried out, dashing after his beloved to save her. "Felicity! Felicity! Where are you?" he called, genuinely worried about her. He couldn't hear her yelling or anything, so he didn't know where to go! How could he save her now?

"D-down here, Kuri." Her voice was faint and shaky, and Kuri only worried more. Increasing his speed, he dove downwards even faster, and crashed right into a dark pool of water. Instantly, all his strength left his body, and he fell limp.

Felicity had slammed into the shore, quite bruised. However, she still gathered the strength to pull herself to the edge. Kuri had just crashed, and she couldn't swim after him...

"KURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

[5, 5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 01/29/2008 8:26 PM

Felicity was screaming. His beloved...Kuri suddenly found a burst of strength, and kicked out, sending himself up a ways. Struggling some more, he managed to make it to the surface, but found himself too weak to head towards Felicity's voice. A freak wave came up, hitting him and sending him down again.

Felicity...

[6, 6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/01/2008 1:52 AM

Felicity had seen Kuri come up, then fall again. Her claws scraped against the tile, as she forced her broken body towards the water. It was dark, and ominously deep...taking a deep breath, she dove down, ignorning her leg's scream of protest. Her body felt like needles were shooting through it, but she ignored everything. All her attention was focused on saving Kuri...

She saw a dark shape ahead. It was sinking, faster and faster. Could it be Kuri? Stirring her limbs, she swam after it.

[7, 7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 02/03/2008 10:58 AM

(Mind if I join in?)

Random Khimara .:.:. Image
Shadowsoul - F - 2 : 6

There was a hint of silvery white lines shimmering off to the side, the Khimera's body hidden within the darkness as a cruel chuckle emerged. Yes, she was laughing at them. Prowling forwards, her body moving with the fuid grace of a panther, she stepped closer to the waters, her voice slightly echoing in the ruins of the cathedral. "Wouldn't it be amusing now if out of love, you two die? I could perhaps help, but it won't come cheaply." She used some telepathy to do the same, as the Honeydew had dived down just as she started to speak. "Ask for help and it shall come, but the price must be paid." Poor Dreamwalker... her darling stalker had gotten sent away to the war, and life wasn't as fun without him around to try and stop her. She raised one front paw, her claws extended as she inspected them a moment, then gave them a lick with her tongue before standing firmly on all fours again, waiting. She didn't think the Shinzo would be able to hear her, as he seemed mostly under water, but the broken honeydew... she might have perhaps heard. Of course, if she wanted help, the time to call for it was swiftly running out. Still, they were amusing with their love.
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/06/2008 8:44 PM

(Sure!)

A voice...in her head...she thought the therapist had gotten rid of it!

No! Go away! You're...not...real... Felicity couldn't waste any more time. Kuri was still sinking, she had to save him. But if you are real, then I will pay any price! Just save Kuri...

She really meant it too.

[8, 8]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 02/07/2008 10:01 AM

[center]Random Khimara .:.:. Image
Shadowsoul - F - 2 : 7

Any Price? Very well. Unlike most feline-ish species, Shadow had more in common with panthers than just her black pelt. They were swimmers, and actually enjoyed playing in the water... if she ever did a thing as frivolous as playing, it might actually be fun. Whatever. Since Shadow was a fairly accomplished swimmer she took two running steps and then jumped, leaping into the air with paws stretched out and her head tucked and her ears pinned back, her back arching in an almost graceful parody of a divers initial plunge. Her limbs struck out in powerful strokes as the ridges along her face help streamline her movements. Her pale silvery white parts practically glowed, and as she quickly caught up with the Honeydew she used one tail to carefully and hopefully push against her, trying not to let the blades on the end of it nick the girl as she tried to give her a helpful nudge back towards the surface. The waters were dark and murky, but she was a creature of shadow, used to such things. Perhaps he would see the glow and try to swim towards it? Either way, she was fairly sure she could see his shape and her limbs and tails picked up speed, her graceful movements almost otter-like as she closed the distance. How to bring him up though... They were close enough to the bottom now that if she could get a grip, she could probably push off of the bottom and use that to help them rise. She had skills, and although she rarely needed to use them, now seemed as good a time as any as she gritted her teeth and PURSUED the Shinzo, her mouth parting at the last second to try and clamp about the back of his neck, sort of where the scruff would be if he was a baby kitten. If she did indeed grab him, his weight would sink her down to the point where she could feel sand she would make a Mighty Leap to help them shoot up to where the air was.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/08/2008 9:07 PM

Felicity felt herself break air. Gasping, she pushed herself to the shore, then fainted. Her last thoughts were, Where's Kuri?]

Kuri had nearly lost consciousness, when he saw the glow. It was strange, indeed. Was it the glow of heaven? But that didn't sound likely, given what he was. Suddenly, teeth clamped down on his neck. He gave a gasp, but relaxed when he realized they were not going to bite down...

[9, 9]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 02/14/2008 9:53 AM

Finding herself in luck and her fangs about the back of the creatures neck, she gave a powerful push with her hind legs and they shot upwards. Her limbs stroked powerfully and steadily on either side of the males body as she finally reached the surface, both of their heads sticking out before she brought them to shore, dragging him up onto a safe place before letting go of him and looking for the honeybear. She brought Felicity over towards Kuri and then set to licking both of their faces, their bodys next to each other as she thought that might help them both get warm again. "Alright then, wake up little lady, so we can discuss this payment of yours." She sat back and started licking her own paw, her fur slightly spiky looking from the water as it dripped on the shore.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 02/15/2008 4:42 AM

Felicity slowly struggled to sit up, then gazed right into the eyes of the Khimera.

"Before that, I must thank you for rescuing both of us." She slowly licked off a trickle of blood from her shoulder. The salty taste tingled on her tongue, and she felt revitalized. It was something she had realized long ago-blood refreshed her. "And yes, we must discuss this payment. What would you like? Money...or blood?" Kuri was stirring, and she wondered if he would approve of her bargain. From the looks of this Khimera, she would probably choose blood...

[10, 10]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 04/14/2008 8:31 PM

(Arg, I'm so sorry over the delay, I didn't have internet connections for a while. >.<)

Money or blood, hmm? Was that all this lady thought there was to life? Shadowsoul paused in her paw licking and contemplated a moment. Finally, she set her paw down and gave the honeydew an intense look as the white silver that coursed through her tail and neck protection seemed to take over her eyes, giving them a metallic blind sheen. "Servitude... Not now, but there may come a time when I need an alliance... Say, A week out of your life, and a week out of his." No doubt her toy was growing strong while off at war, and he just might return home too big for his britches, forgetting who was truly in charge. Having these two fight by her side when she might truly need the help... it was worth getting wet for.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 04/15/2008 1:24 AM

"If there be blood..." whispered Kuri softly, rising. "Ah yes, if the time comes, we shall offer ourselves in your servitude. Who knows? This may be quite a game..." A small smirk played across his face. "Such a fun little game..."

"As my beloved says, this shall be quite the game," grinned Felicity. "But we came here not to offer our servitude, but to seek a Mekkayena. These walkers of darkness are fascinating..."

[11, 11]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items