Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Partners (in Crime?) [P, Ri and I][L]

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/09/2017 3:01 AM

"This seems to be the place," Mya grunted decisively, staring up at the dilapidated remains of the old cathedral. She leaned down to scoop up the wanted poster between her teeth, then craned her neck around to shove the parchment back into her satchel. After resealing the leather pouch, she gave the imposing building a sneer.

What would a small-time robber be doing in a place like this, she frowned to herself. Then, sensing a lingering feeling of uneasiness, she growled. Who gives a shit, as long as I get my reward. With an irritated huff, she took off once more, striding towards the front entrance.

On her approach, she noticed one of the ornate doors hanging open, as if ripped open. The intricate metal clung loosely to its rusted hinges, swinging gently in the breeze and causing a creaking noise. She eyed it warily for a brief moment. "The fella in the poster ain't that big," she muttered, then shouldered on, shaking off her hesitance. "What am I acting like a fucking baby for?!"

Whatever she would come across in here, she would be ready.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: Partners (in Crime?) [P, Ri and I][L]

Postby RiDragon » 02/09/2017 8:47 PM

Cassandra calmly brushed off some rubble from her massive shoulders as she trudged through the cathedral.  Only a few minutes ago she was outside busy trying to figure out how to get in to catch the thief who had cornered himself in the place.  She then decided that it was silly to try to pick the lock when she could simply rip the door open.

The thief, whomever they were, wasn't too hardened of a criminal her knowledge.  Usually she busied herself with more dangerous types to prevent innocents from being hurt.  However, she felt a sense of duty to prosecute them, as many of the thievery had taken place on her territory, which she felt obligated to protect.

The deeper she delved into the dark and damp place, the more glad she was that she had taken on the quest rather than let an inexperienced vigilante do so.  It was obvious this place harbored far more dangerous things than a petty thief.

[Numbering my posts for myself so I can keep track.  1]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/10/2017 12:23 AM

Immediately upon entering the dark building, Mya was hit with a wall of cold air, causing her to shiver unexpectedly. Menacing shadows seemed to creep along the walls, as if they were living creatures. What kind of fucking freak show is this place? She scowled, moving further into the dimly-lit room. She felt a cold sweat break out along her back, as if her body could sense a presence that her mind could not.

Ignoring the uncomfortable sensation, she instead focused on the job at hand, beginning by listening closely to the various sounds in the room. The howling wind from outside had become muted within the large interior of the cathedral, sounding as more of a faint whistling. Underneath that was the sound of intermittent creaks and groans of the old building as it protested against the powerful gusts. Mya's scowl deepened in dissatisfaction. Where could the bastard be?

A second after she , she caught the sound of... something hitting the floor. She tensed immediately, her feathers ruffling up in warning. "Who's out there?" She snarled defensively, hoping that her voice sounded more threatening than she felt.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/10/2017 2:03 AM

"Who's out there?"

Cassandra turned her head with interest down the passageway from which she came, pulling her massive girth back onto her haunches.  Her night vision could not pierce the darkness which flooded the stone pathway, as if it were a physical mass.  She considered the idea that perhaps the voice was a trick of her own mind, or even a spirit trapped in the obviously evil place.  She had read stories of demons and the like in this place, though the voice, if it were a real voice, didn't sound that demonic.

"Hmmmmm."  She rumbled in her throat, considering her options.  If it were the thief, she could risk spooking them by calling back.  However, if they were another hunter, staying quiet would be quite suspicious.  Well, being sneaky wasn't really her thing anyway.  She slowly turned herself, shivering involuntarily at the feeling of the cold wet walls, hard to avoid when one barely fit into the passageway.  "I would recommend running if you are the thief I have heard so much about."  She responded.  Her voice had a natural deep gravely texture that most large reptilian creatures had.  It tended to make many mammals nervous, even if she were just speaking plainly.

[2]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/10/2017 8:26 PM

Mya leered into the darkness, catching the faint humming noise and attempting to locate its source. Unfortunately, the ominous gloom prevented her from gleaning any more insight into the other presence in the room. From the humming, it seemed as if they were considering something... Maybe to attack? She pulled her lip back, ready to snarl defensively.

But the deep-voiced response caught her off guard. Well, I guess that means they aren't the thief, then... Mya settled her feathers slightly at the thought. She then tensed again, wondering, Who - or what - else would be in a place like this? Her gaze flitted back and forth over the darkness as she formulated her thoughts.

After a moment, she took a calming breath, and responded. "I have no reason to run, then," she called back. "Speaking of the thief, you seen any sign of 'im?" Mya took a hesitant step forward, chuckling awkwardly. "The bastard's supposed to be 'round here somewhere."

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/10/2017 9:21 PM

Cassandra relaxed the muscles she did not realize she was tensing up in preparation for battle.  Though she knew quite well that the voice could be lying, she sensed no evil in it.  She tended to have quite a good sense of evil, or maybe just a good sense of luck.  Regardless, she had confidence in her strength and size and was doubtful a surprise attack could land on her.  If anything it would just make the trip more interesting.

She ducked at the last moment to avoid knocking her head against the decorative stone of the doorway leading to where she had heard the voice.  Finally she was able to see the one who had decided to break the silence of the Cathedral.  Some sort of Cheeka, she thought, though she wasn't the most well versed on the creatures of lands that weren't in her territory.  It seemed that she was just as interested in catching the thief that had made his refuge here.  The more the merrier, the Battleheart wasn't that interested in the bounty on his head anyway.  Good thing, too.  From first impressions, she had a feeling this one would fight pretty hard for that bounty.

"I have not found any clues as to the "bastards" whereabouts."  She responded, slightly amused at the choice of words.  "Though I am quite certain he is here.  There is no place else for him to go.  His face is plastered on too many wanted posters for him to escape to another location."  She peered down at the stranger, feeling slightly awkward in such cramped conditions.

[3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/12/2017 1:21 PM

As soon as the Battleheart came into her line of sight, Mya felt a reluctant wave of relief crash over her. She was confident in her training and fighting ability, but - with a height under two feet - she knew a fight with the creature would have been a terrible challenge.

As the tall Battleheart approached, Mya craned her head back, and eventually moved to sit on her haunches in order to maintain eye contact. "Well," she grinned, relaxed now that the threat had been identified and voided. "I guess you're lookin' for 'im too." She raised a wing in greeting and introduced herself, feeling that the other creature was trustworthy enough.

"The name's Mya, stranger." Her wing settled back into place, and she paused for a moment as an idea came to her. This place is kinda dangerous... She looked at the Battleheart, considering her obvious strength and confidence. And it's been a while since I teamed up with someone... With a final nod of confirmation, she focused back on her company.

"Since we're looking for the same guy," Mya said in a thoughtful tone. "Wanna team up?" She tilted her head, grinning once more. "This place would be safer to scope out with a partner!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/12/2017 5:42 PM

"I am Cassandra."  The large reptile replied, grinning.  "It is nice to meet a friendly face here."  From the locals she had learned that this place was full of dangers and evils, it was quite nice to meet a someone friendly before meeting a demon.  Though the talk of demons was just hearsay at this point, she knew that a place like this definitely would attract shady people.

But was this face friendly enough to team up with?  Perhaps.  It would be useful to have someone shorter to spot things that were easy to overlook.  And with the help, she would not need to expose herself to weakness by transforming into her human form to fit into smaller places.  Though she felt that Mya's loyalties were... dubious at best, she doubted the Cheeka would outright turn on her.  She nodded, more to herself than to Mya.

"Alright, I can see a mutual relationship helping both of us out."  She responded, "This place is known to harbor mysterious evils and illusions, two pairs of eyes to keep a watch are better than one."  She held out a claw in an expression of good will.  "It is nice to work with you."

[4]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/14/2017 10:09 AM

Mya fidgeted nervously during the Battleheart's pause. Is it something I said? Just as the silence was getting to her, the other creature begun speaking once more.

At Cassandra's affirmative response, Mya grinned once more. "Glad to be of service," she chirped. When the Battleheart stuck out her claw, Mya stretched her wing forward to return the good-natured gesture.

"The pleasure's all mine," she chuckled. Then, focusing back onto the subject at hand, she scanned the room. "So, have you managed to find anything of interest so far?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/14/2017 8:49 PM

Cassandra shrugged her massive shoulders, sighing in defeat.  "Not much more than what the wanted posters say."  She replied, dipping her head apologetically.

She looked back at where she had came, grumbling something to herself.  "I can tell, however, that this particular thief is quite brave.  Many thieves try to hide here, and most turn back before getting very far in."  She looked back at Mya with a grin, "Or perhaps he is just very desperate."

She got up with a grunt, making the motions to turn her body around.  "Would you prefer to lead so that I do not step on anything important?"  She asked with a chuckle.

[5]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/15/2017 1:12 PM

"Not a problem, chief," Mya tilted her head and smiled crookedly. "I kinda figured there wouldn't be much in the first couple rooms." She nodded affirmatively, and did a quick scan around the room to make sure something hadn't sneaked up on them during their conversation.

Not that I think anyone could sneak up on me, she huffed internally, then focused back on her counterpart. Nor would they want to sneak up on her. Mya thought on Cassandra's suggestion for a moment, then nodded.

"Good plan," she said. "Just let me get out a lantern first..." She trailed off as she dug into her satchel, then hummed triumphantly as she pulled out said lantern. "Even enhanced sight ain't enough for this place." She sparked it on, then took it between her teeth.

With one last look up at her new partner, she trotted around the massive creature, and began to make her way into the gloom.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/15/2017 2:41 PM

Cassandra respectfully allowed Mya forward, pressing herself against the slimy walls so that she wouldn't accidentally step on her.  Sometimes she was quite annoyed with her massive size, but she always eventually remembered that her size was far more of a pro than a con.  Plus, if she wanted, she could always revert to human form.

Ah, a lantern.  She hadn't thought of that.  She nodded with approval, "I had not expected night vision to not work in this place, it is smart that you brought precautions."  She smiled sheepishly, "I wish I had thought of that."  Though the lantern's light was also swallowed up by the darkness, it was a large improvement.  She began to follow Mya, keeping an eye and ear out for anything suspicious, while also being careful to not take too large of steps.  Wouldn't want to step on her new companion now, would she?

[6]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/16/2017 1:20 AM

It was quite hard for Mya to speak with her mouth full of lantern handle, but she attempted to mumble around it. "Thankth," she smiled, and kept a nice trot in order to let Cassandra walk comfortably - or, at least as comfortably as the towering Battleheart could in this setting.

As Cassandra voiced her approval, Mya shrugged, slightly embarrassed. It wasn't often she was complimented. "Comth wif the trade," she mumbled around the lantern. Her gaze darted around as the light from the lantern made dancing shadows along the path.

"Tho," she spoke once more, trying to avoid listening to the sounds of the cathedral as they ventured further in. "You do thith often?" Mya scuffed her foot, kicking a pointed stone out of the way of Cassandra. "Bounty hunting, that ith?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/16/2017 12:53 PM

Cassandra hunched her shoulders and made her way into the inky darkness after Mya.  It was a bit of a squeeze to get through the first opening, but the ceiling raised up a little as they got further in.  She could just barely understand her new companion's muffled words, and couldn't help smiling a little bit at her attempts to speak around the lantern.

"I suppose I have been hunting thieves and the like for a few seasons now."  She responded after contemplating the question for a few seconds.  "Though I am not sure I would call it "bounty hunting," as I do not aim for the prize."  She chuckled a bit to herself, "which means you do not need to worry about sharing any reward.  I find that honing my skills and eliminating annoyances is bounty enough for me."  She kept it to herself that she really didn't need the rewards for the bounties, having her own collection of treasure to keep her afloat.  Better to not let a stranger know you were well off, even if they seemed trustworthy.

[7]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/17/2017 3:07 PM

As the room expanded, Mya took to scanning their immediate surroundings more often. More space meant more opportunities for enemies to hide, after all.

Though she was keeping her eyes open for enemies, she still had her ears tilted back towards Cassandra to show she was listening. At the mention of the reward, Mya felt her ears twitch in interest. She doesn't want the reward?! Her eyes narrowed slightly, contemplating the statement. She seems earnest enough about it. . .

After a moment, Mya nodded. "Thath pretty admirable of ya, chief," she huffed in amusement. Just as she was about to continue, she felt her upper body jerk forward over her paws, causing her to land hard on her jaw as her front legs folded under her. She grunted as she landed on a hard bump, the lantern handle popping out of her mouth and rolling off to the side.

"Ow," she groaned before pushing herself back up. Looking down, she saw what looked to be a sort of broken off piece of a statue. "What the fuck?" She glared down at the offending object before retrieving the lantern. Bringing it back, she set it next to the object and looked up at her companion. "What do you think this could be?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items