Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: Partners (in Crime?) [P, Ri and I][L]

Postby RiDragon » 02/22/2017 4:10 PM

"Chief?"  Cassandra couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the name.  "I have never been called that before, I quite like it."  She couldn't help but feel a bit flattered.  Perhaps it was because of how long she had been traveling alone, she had missed the playful chatter that happened in a group.  It had been quite a long time since she truly joined forces with another.  Mostly because she tended to be a bit... Big.

Mya's fall snapped her back into the moment.  Her large size in the small space prevented her from being able to help her quick enough to prevent the fall.  "Are you hurt?"  She asked, tilting her head in concern.  She took a look at what had tripped up Mya, humming softly to herself.  "Perhaps someone decided to break this off a statue?  Maybe it had some jewelry in it to steal?"

[sorry for lateness, very busy stressful week.  ><
8]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 02/27/2017 3:29 AM

Mya grinned sheepishly up at her companion and chuckled. "Pretty sure the only thing still hurting is my pride," she joked, then looked back down at the object. A piece of a statue sounded right to her, and she found herself nodding at Cassandra's deductions.

"Ya think maybe the thief did this, then?" Mya furrowed her eyebrows. It seemed quite possible, considering it was small enough for her to trip on. "It's kinda weird that we didn't run into any statues yet, though..." The Cheeka nudged the hard object with her foot as she thought out loud. Suddenly, the bounty hunter gasped.

"How 'bout we try and find the statue this belongs to first?" Mya asked excitedly. She felt quite proud of herself for thinking of the idea. "We can bring the piece with us, and then we can check there for clues?"

(It's alright, Ri. c: Same here, it's been a busy week. Sorry for my lateness, as well!)

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/03/2017 2:39 AM

Cassandra nodded thoughtfully, scratching her chin with a claw.  "Well, someone must have, and whoever did it is most likely farther in."  She nodded into the darkness, "and I am doubtful that any with good intentions would be hiding out here, let alone breaking off pieces of priceless, and possibly cursed, artifacts."

"I would say taking it along with us is a fine idea, perhaps it will even offer protection if we return it to its rightful place.  Or it could be cursed."  She couldn't help but grin, "Though if it was, it means the thief at least is cursed too, hm?"  She took another moment to examine the statue piece.  It didn't seem too showy or even like it would even be worth much on the black market, perhaps that's why it was discarded.

"Well, at the very least, finding where it came from is our only lead so far."

[9 God.  I hate school :P]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 03/03/2017 6:28 PM

Mya twitched at the mention of a curse, but ignored her increasing anxiety in favor of picking up the artifact. "Sounds good to me, chief!" Smiling in return, she shoved the object into her pack before replying. "Hopefully he would'a got the curse and not us." At that, she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise slightly.

Trying to shake off the hyperawareness, she turned back to her lantern and picked it up, nodding at her companion. "Let'sh keep going, then!" Mya took a few steps to give Cassandra some room, then prepared to set off once more.

After a moment, she paused, and turned back to look up at the Battleheart in afterthought. "Oh, and lemme know if ya spot anything!" She grinned around the lantern handle, then turned back and trotted forward into the murky darkness.

[Agreed. Also, if you wanna toss something in here at anytime, please feel free! This is all in good fun and experimentation, and I would love to go along with anything!]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/21/2017 1:45 AM

Cassandra nodded, though her thoughts had already wandered far enough that she had barely heard her companion's words.  She couldn't help but wonder about the origin of this place, why it was so ominous and evil feeling.  There had to be a reason, there was always a reason, but she just couldn't think of a truly rational one.  Cassandra never was a superstitious creature, but she found herself deeply worried about the idea that her entire life could be ruined just by walking into this place.  No, absurd, even if it was true, Cassandra hadn't done anything to deserve a curse.  No, she was here to remove a criminal, and even if she did get cursed, she could always find a mystic to help her.

While deep in thought, she barely noticed the click of uneven stone underfoot that Mya had been too light to set off.  She would have ignored it, if not for her intuition.  Quicker than her huge form should of allowed, she crouched over her partner protectively, folding her wings around the Cheeka.  She felt a sting, and a warmth on her shoulder.  Without even checking if Mya was ok, she stared, transfixed.

Blood.  Normally, this wouldn't be an issue.  But Cassandra's scales were as thick as steel, perhaps even thicker.  It was impossible that a simple blowdart trap in the walls could have pierced her mighty carapace, but there it was, a deep gash.  The arrow itself was nowhere in sight, probably stuck in the far wall.  She was too stunned to talk as a sickening feeling spread throughout her body.  Fear.  She hadn't felt that emotion in a long time.  If, somehow, the traps here had some magical quality or enchantment to pierce her stone flesh, then what else did it hold?  And did the thief they were chasing possess their own magic weapons?  How would she defend herself?  Defend her new friend?  It was a thought almost too hard to bare.

[Trying a new-ish writing style, hope it's coherent.  ;;  Been so busy with work and class, blugh, so tired...]

[10]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 03/22/2017 12:16 PM

The bounty hunter flicked her ears, listening to the damp and muted noises in the darkness around her and her companion. The latter had fallen silent, allowing Mya to listen even more carefully to their surroundings. She heard the rythmical leaking of the delapidated roof, as well as the light padding of her own footsteps that complemented her companion's heavier gait.

Mya allowed herself to be lulled by the ambiance into a comfortable peace, and she laxly scanned the area in front of her. Suddenly, Mya's ear twitched as she heard an unusually loud click from behind her. She whipped around to see what caused it, but yelped in surprise as Cassandra's massive body rushed to hunch over her, blocking her vision and causing her to drop her lantern once more.

Recovering quickly from her surprise, she caught a muffled shik-chink sound from outside her protective cocoon. She froze, listening for other noises, but was unable to hear anything else. This did little to soothe her, however, as her partner stayed stuck in her position over Mya. Why wasn't she moving?!

"Chief?" Mya asked hesitantly, trying to keep her trembling voice stable. After only a moment of silence, she felt her panic rise, made worse when she caught a whiff of the too-familiar coppery smell of blood. "Chief, Cassandra, y'okay out there?!" Mya felt her features twist in concern. "What happened, are ya hurt?" At that realization, the hunter went into autopilot, and began pulling out first aid equipment from her pack.

"S'alright, chief, it's okay... ya just gotta let me outta here so I can take care of ya, is all," she said loudly, attempting to soothe herself as much as the Battleheart above her.

[Ooh, I like it! It's an interesting style! c: And luckily, I'm on spring break, so I got a little time off to catch up. Don't feel too bad, you're taking care of more important things first! <3]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 3:40 PM

Mya's voice sounded far away, echoing past Cassandra.  She was still stunned at the idea that a small dart could have even managed to pierce her flesh.  She was not the squeamish sort, far from it, but the idea that, perhaps, some sort of unknown assailant just might be able to break through her shields was too much to bear.  It wasn't herself she was worried about, no, she worried more for her companion, who didn't even have much of any sort of armor to speak of.  If she was slower...  If she hadn't blocked the projectile...  How deep would it have gone into Mya's flesh..?

"Are you ok?"  She blurted, finally snapping out of her trance, barely even registering that it was Mya who was taking care of her.  "I.."  She paused, realizing just how much she was starting to spiral out of control.  She took a few breaths to regain her composure.  What was this?  This is not like me, to act like this.  I've been hurt before, I've bled before, why am I panicking?  The answer came in a cold sensation that started from her wound and slowly spread further.  Poison.  It must be affecting my mind.  She had to choke down a cry of panic at the thought.  Normally so clear headed, so sure of herself, whatever had poisoned the dart was some sort of panic inducing venom.

"Mya."  She said, trying to keep her voice level.  "I do not know what was on that arrow's head, but it is affecting my mind.  I do not want to hurt you."  She feared that it was perhaps some sort of berserker poison that would send her into a frenzy of sorts.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 03/29/2017 1:50 AM

"I wasn't the one who got stabbed," Mya joked humorlessly as she set her bag off to the side. Sitting back on her haunches, she inhaled deeply to calm herself, but abruptly choked as she saw the wound on her partners skin. It seemed as if a strange-colored fluid was leaking from it... Cassandra stated something about poison, which set the seasoned hunter into action.

"I ain't leaving you behind if that's poison!" Mya snarled at the thought. Instead of moving away from the panicking creature, she stayed in place and began rising up onto her hind legs. "And I can't do something about that wound in this state..." After a moment of contemplation, she nodded and closed her eyes as if coming to a decision. As soon as her eyes shut, her body began to morph and extend, becoming much more humanoid in nature in only a short period of time.

Soon, a tall, muscular woman stood in front of the still much larger Battleheart. "Alright, Cassandra, don't freak out, now," Mya rumbled in as soothing a tone as she could as she grabbed a pair of medical gloves. "But in order to stop the poison, I'm gonna have to make sure there's nothing left of the arrow in your wound." After snapping on the gloves, Mya took a small step closer to the injured creature, making sure to stay in her sight at all times as to avoid causing more stress.

"I trust you," she whispered tersely as she stared into her partner's eyes, the glassiness of her own giving away a bit of her nerves at the situation even as she pushed on. "You saved my life, and now I gotta save yours. But you're gonna have to trust me. Do you trust me?"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/05/2017 4:59 AM

Cassandra attempted to pull away from Mya, but the movement caused a sharp coldness to jolt from her shoulder down to her spine.  While not painful, it was definitely not pleasant.  She tried to hide her own fear and pain, but the anxiety of whatever ichor was spreading through her blood was making it difficult.  She thought that perhaps she could shift into human form herself to help make the process easier, as Mya probably exerted a lot more energy than she would with shapeshifting.  However, even the thought of using any sort of magic, let alone the complex magic of changing form, sent a bleak feeling through her.  She knew that if she tried it would not work, this poison or venom was sapping out both her physical and magical energy.

For a few seconds Cassandra felt that she blacked out, though she still remained standing.  When coming to, she did not right away recognize her colleague.  Who was this human encroaching on her territory?  Was it here to steal her treasure?  No!  It was mine, mine mine mine. She let out a snarl before Mya's words snapped her out of it.

"I trust you. You saved my life, and now I gotta save yours. But you're gonna have to trust me. Do you trust me?"

The rage faded from her eyes quickly.  She choked back her embarrassment and responded, "I do."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/05/2017 3:41 PM

Mya flinched minutely at the snarling Battleheart. What kinda poison IS that? Luckily, the large creature seemed to come back to herself, causing Mya to breathe out a quiet sigh of relief. "Good, good... Alright, chief," she murmured, taking another step closer. She pressed up onto her the balls of her feet to peer at the wound, causing her to wince slightly. The viscous liquid of the poison was still oozing its way out of the wound.

Leaning back, she looked Cassandra in the eyes once more, making sure she hadn't returned to her agitated state. Nodding to herself in affirmation, she then crouched down, attempting to find an exit wound of some sort. It only took a moment to find the tip of an arrow sticking out of her partner's skin, blood and a bit of the green ooze present around its tip. Breathing in deeply, Mya lifted a hand and set it gently on the side of Cassandra's neck to show she had no ill intentions.

"I found the arrow, chief," she informed, patting the spot her hand rested on lightly. "I'm gonna have to pull it the rest of the way out..." The bounty hunter's fingers trembled lightly at the thought of further hurting her companion. She grit her teeth and forced her hand to be still. "It's gonna hurt, so take a deep breath for me..." As she spoke, her other hand reached up to the arrow and she wrapped her fingers around it tightly. "Okay, on three. One... two... three!"

YANK!

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/11/2017 6:51 PM

Cassandra didn't have a chance to protest before the arrow was ripped from her flesh.  She wanted to tell her companion to not to, that maybe it would send her into another state of rage that she wouldn't come back from.  She at least wanted to say some sort of parting apology or something first, just in case.

But there was no time for that, and the arrow had been yanked, and by the gods, it damn hurt.

The reptile always had a high pain tolerance, but the poison somehow felt as if it was burning the very blood flowing through her, turning her veins into acid.  She tried to not allow herself to roar, but she couldn't hold back the bellow of pain erupting from her lips.  She was ashamed at the admittance of weakness, but more so at the fact that the yell may scare the thief away.  The very point of why they were there in the first damn place.

She felt her eyes and mind cloud over, but she fought against it, knowing that losing consciousness may allow her body to savagely fight any living thing close by.  She didn't care about herself at this point, she could never forgive herself if she hurt her new friend, especially after all that she had done for her.

Though there was one good part to this pain, it brought forth a memory from the back of her mind.  The name of the poison.  An image of a flower popped into her head, blowing lightly in the wind.  So beautiful and delicate, but with a deadly poison held within its petals, that according to legend could make anyone go into a blind state of rage.

"Night...  Howler.."  She gasped through gritted teeth.  The pain was being replaced by the now familiar cold numbness, though less than when the arrow had first hit her.  It was definitely better out than in.  She tried to thank her companion, but she found herself barely able to form coherent words.

[woops forgot to number a few.  13 I think]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/13/2017 10:41 PM

Mya raised the arrow up to her face as soon as she pulled it out, attempting to identify the poison, but left her other hand on Cassandra's neck in an attempt to keep the Battleheart grounded. However, the cry of pain from her partner proved the attempt futile.

The bounty hunter fell back in shock at the pain-filled bellowing. Her partner didn't seem like the type to be affected by pain, so it came as both a surprise and concern. This can't be good... Mya grit her teeth and crawled towards Cassandra once more, who seemed to be slipping away from reality again. "Hang on, chief!" Mya shouted over the still-echoing yell, and placed her hand back on her partner's neck firmly.

But Cassandra seemed to be completely unaware of both Mya's touch and voice. Just as the bounty hunter was going to shout louder, her partner beat her to it, choking out a short response. Mya scowled in confusion, and leaned forward to look at the Battleheart's face. Night howler? A second later, realization hit her like a freight train.

Stories from the arena bubbled back up to the surface, and images of mutilated bodies flashed behind glassy, wide eyes and dilated pupils glaring at her, filled with unbridled fury and malevolence. Now in a full panic, Mya scrambled back to where her satchel lay, pouring out its contents to show two small pill bottles: one filled with round blue capsules, and the other filled with larger white tablets.

Grabbing the one with the white pills, the bounty hunter hurried back in front of the struggling Battleheart, but still kept her distance. Waving slowly in the other's line of sight, Mya began to speak in what she hoped was a soothing (non-threatening) tone. "Cassandra," she called, hoping that the use of her partner's name would help somehow. "I can help you neutralize the effects of the serum until it runs its course, but I need you to swallow something," she shook the pill bottle slightly. "Can you do that for me?"

[I hope this is okay. ><'']

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/17/2017 3:25 PM

Pain.  Run.  Fight.

Wild eyes.  Dripping water.  Where were those flashing lights coming from?  Everything was moving so fast, too fast.

An image appeared in front of her.  Was this a memory?  A hallucination?  Or was this really happening.  She saw her mother.  Cassandra never knew her mother.  How could she possibly see her?  Hallucination then, she decided.  What is her body doing?  She had to focus to feel anything.

Pain.  That was a mistake.  To focus was to bring the pain back. But she needed to focus.  Why?  She couldn't remember.  There was a reason she needed to stay in control.  Remember, remember.  Was she with someone?  Where even was she?

She heard her name, a distant echo.  She heard more words, but they sounded like they were underwater, out of reach, at the end of a long tunnel.

Tunnels.  The light at the end.  That was what they said death was like, wasn't it?

Was she dying?

A rattle of pills brought her back into reality, at least for a moment.  Her eyes were blurry, but she intuited that they were pills.  An antidote, perhaps?  Mya.  Mya was the one that was with her.  Mya was why she needed to keep control.  A friend that was only met this very day, but one that proved to be very loyal.  Yes.  Yes, focus.  Focus.

Swallow the pills.  She made her head nod.  It was hard, heavy.  Was her head always this heavy?  It was like it wasn't part of her anymore, that she was someone else lifting it up.

[14.  Man.  I hope this is ok.  It's kinda written weird :P]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/18/2017 2:18 AM

[I just have to say (before my actual reply begins) that the way your writing style changes to portray Cassandra's state of mind is fantastic! <3 Don't you worry, hon! It's quite enjoyable to read. c:]

Mya let out a a quiet curse as Cassandra seemed to slip father away from reality - not daring think away from Mya, herself - and fumbled open the pill bottle. After nearly dropping it twice, she successfully collected two of the tablets into her palm with a shaky sigh of relief. She quickly swapped the pill bottle for a decent-sized canteen of water, then rushed back to her partner's side.

"Here, chief," Mya urged the Battleheart, gently pressing her shoulder to the other's neck to anchor them both a bit. "I just need ya t'open up, is all." She pressed the antidote to Cassandra's lips gently, holding her breath at the rows of sharp teeth next to her delicate flesh.

Please don't let her've slipped too far, Mya chanted, praying to a goddess she didn't believe in for Cassandra to not bite her hand off. With the other hand, she began working the container open, wanting to administer the antidote as quickly as possible.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/02/2017 11:53 PM

[That really means a lot for me to hear, like legit a lot.  It helps to motivate me too, haha.  Thank you for your patience btw.]

Water, need water.  So dry.  Everything dry.  Desert, dirt, dust.  Filled inside of mouth.  Who is there?  Mya?  Forgot about her, need to tell her.  Tell her to not worry, seems worried.  Tell her to not worry, try to talk.  Can't talk, something in mouth.  What is it?  Why, why?

Don't bite.  Something tells her to not bite.  Why?  What is this?  She can't bite down, her body wants to, but a small part of her brain commands her to open her mouth.  Subconsciously, she hears all of what Mya says.  Subconsciously, she trusts Mya to help her.  Subconsciously, she wants to live.  Was that enough?

Water!  The water, the bringer of life.  She smells it, smells it, smells it.  Need it, want it, give it to me!  Can't move to get it, can't bite, can barely open mouth.  Only by a bit.  Every tooth weighs as much as a a boulder, her tongue is an immovable mountain.  Everything is heavy, can't see, too dark, can't move, too heavy.  Why is this happening?  

Poison, the poison.  She remembers, she is smart.  She has to get a cure.  She tries to move, arms too heavy.  Need the cure, the cure, the cure.  Thoughts echo, get smaller, move to the back of her mind.  She cannot hear herself think anymore.  She thinks her mouth is open.  She is not sure.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate