Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Saroko » 06/19/2008 2:50 PM

Constance swooped onto an old banister as she waited for Saru to catch up.  She was excited now.  In just a few moments she may have the book she had been waiting for.  And more importantly, the piece of knowledge she needed to complete her research.

A sudden creeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaak alerted her.  Head swiveling like an owl, she turned to the source of the noise.  Had someone come in?  Maybe one of those odd wild creatures had moved something.  Nah.  Could'n have been.  Constance fluffed up her wings and fur and hissed.  "Who's there?"
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/21/2008 1:01 AM

Saru scampered eagerly behind Constance, big eyes focused on the back of her head as she effortlessly glided down the hall, then to her banister. He was getting excited and urged his little-used legs to run faster, but he was still painfully slow. A subtle movement barely caught his eye, but it was the odd creaking noise that stopped him in his tracks. Saru panted and eyed the shadows, seeing nothing but a gut instinct told him something was there. He didn't like that creaking sound--it was too different from a door or wood, and too elevated to be the floor. Saru shivered for a second, then, as Saru does, became brave on the point of stupidity. He flicked his firey tail in front of his face and edged up sideways to the shadows where he could not see, glaring at the darkest points as the smaller shadows vanished. His tail-fire was not outstandingly bright, but it was just enough to make a silhouette once he was close.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 06/21/2008 10:38 AM

Spade stopped apruptly and glared at Lucian a little angry.
The Corbine glared back, but then focused on the two pets again, who noticed them. She waited one moment longer, until the light shine of
the tail-fire hit her. She stepped out of the shadows, and left a respectful space between Her and the two other pets. "Hello there" she greeted,
smiling friendly. "My name is Spade, and this..." The corbine made another creaking noise, rocking unconfortably from left to right on her shoulder "Is Lucian. We dind not mean to scare you" Spade added hastily.
"I was just curious what you two are up to...only a very few pets
come here."
Image Image</center>
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Feint » 06/21/2008 2:00 PM

Saru smirked at the two he found, proud of himself for thinking to use his fire. He straightened to face them and smiled. "I'm going to break locks!" he declared happily, wagging. Slowly his smile faded and his tail stopped. He swished it back behind him suddenly and turned to look at Constance, head to one side. "What were you doing here?" he asked her, eyes narrowed in suspicion, foul temper revived. Saru had suddenly realized that people just don't bring locks for him to play with.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/22/2008 5:17 PM

Constance rolled her eyes.  Although, she had to admit, she'd been confronting these pets a little while ago herself.  At least he had checked before jumping on them and getting himself killed.  She still needed him.
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/29/2008 1:46 PM

Silence. Saru's tail flicked from side to side in annoyance, scattering sparks in all directions. "Well?" he snapped. He rose and stepped forward threateningly. "Well?" Impatiently he turned to the newcomers whom he had just been so friendly towards. His eyes narrowed and he tipped his head to one side mockingly. "And why are you here? Vacationing? Visiting someone?" His voice was sweet. Too sweet. His smile was strange, and his eyes. His eyes were not smiling at all.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 06/29/2008 2:55 PM

(sorry guys, i was on a festival this weekend)
Spade looked at Saru with mixed feelings.
poor thing didnt even know why he should break  those locks. oh well...
but all that was very interisting.
Lucian's mechanical eyes gleamed a little brighter
when the Rengosett snapped a little and dug his claws
in Spades Fur. "We're just taking a little midnight walk" he responded
coldly, staring at him. Spade ignored the nervosity of her companion
and turned her gaze back to Constance.
Image Image</center>
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Feint » 06/29/2008 5:14 PM

Saru laughed at the nervous Corbine for no good reason other than being nervous. The laugh was a bone-chilling, screechy high sound that rang the ears for some time after. His laugh, though he smiled and rocked like he was delirious with happiness, was a laugh that brought him no joy like a normal laugh would. This fact was obvious, and it made him look insane. When Saru finally stopped laughing, he snarled at air and began pacing back and forth rapidly, glaring at the floor and saying nothing. When he had first reached the Cathedral, he had been grumpy as he usually was, and easy to tame. Now that he actually made himself mad, it was going to be very difficult to use him for anything. I'll bet there aren't even any stairs at all, he thought to himself. She just wants me to follow her into some kind of trap or Mekka ambush. Saru huffed and paced faster, not realizing how unlogical he was being.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/30/2008 10:00 AM

There was a light cough from above.  With one wing, Constance tapped the banister she was sitting on and then pointed to the long, winding staircase it was connected to.  "Care to reconsider your comment?"

(Constance 1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/30/2008 2:51 PM

Saru walked over to where she was standing and found that there was indeed a staircase. He eyed it for a second or two, glanced at her, glanced back at the staircase, back at her. . . A few minutes later, still having nothing to say, he poofed out his fur and sputtered. He then hopped backwards twice and shook out his fur like a dog, and then resumed his frustrated pacing. Eventually he stopped and sat exactly halfway between Spade, Lucain, and Constance, muttering softly.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 06/30/2008 5:10 PM

Constance rolled her eyes.  That Rengosett was so silly!  If he hadn't been hopping around like crazy earlier than he wouldn't have gotten all flustered right now.

(Constance 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Twisted_Shadow » 07/01/2008 3:41 PM

Spade Watched Saru, feeling very bad for him now.
"hey" she said softly, carefully moving towards him. "everythings gonna be fine...I could carry you up the stairs if you want me to"
Normaly she wouldnt offer something like this to a stranger, specially not a that unsteady one, but she couldn't help it, she just wanted to help poor Saru.

Lucian flew up, and landet on the banister too, a few meters above Constance. "So" he said, a mixture of curiosity and skepticism in
his voice. "Why exactly do you want to break some locks up there?
what do you think you'll find there?"
Image Image</center>
Twisted_Shadow
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Saroko » 07/01/2008 3:48 PM

Constance clicked her claws against the wood.  "There's a specific book that I think is up there.  I need it to complete my research, but my wings aren't strong enough to break through the locks that seal the shelves."

(Constance 3/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/04/2008 3:58 PM

Saru glanced at Spade and looked away again. "That's okay, I'm fine," he mumbled. Saru gazed softly at the floor, and his eyes slowly traveled upwards. Up the cold stone, up the side of the staircase that dissapeared into the ceiling. He rose and slowly made his way to the side of the middle of the staircase, then easily scampered up the side surface and jumped onto the stairs. He looked at the three below him for a second then began trotting forward one step at a time.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 07/13/2008 4:01 PM

(Sorry I'm late.  Summer vacation has left me on an internet free waste land.  And I'll be stuck for a little while longer.)

Pleased that Saru could get up on his own, Constance swooped on up ahead.  Stopping halfway up to wait, her mind began to fantasize what was inside the book.  She ruffled her feathers in excitement at the thought.

(Constance 4/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate