Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Saroko » 09/29/2008 9:27 PM

(That's ok.  See ya)

Constance frowned as the Ringoset got past her.  She did get worried, though, when the simean crossed through the door.  Certainly anyone with any common sense would try and check if the room was safe wouldn't they.

Shrugging, she checked the odd, scroll door out.  To her suprise, there were words wittled on its thick wood, but they seemed to be run together.

(Constance 5/5)
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Feint » 09/29/2008 9:57 PM

Saru sniffed around the dark floor, shaking dust off his paws every few seconds. This room was obviously not used much, probably because it was hidden so well. He sniffed around the room for a few more minutes, then raised his head to adjust to the darkness. He saw something. He saw many large somethings, large and rectangular, like the walls of a maze. Saru walked very close to one and lightly touched it with a paw. He began screaming and shrieking in utter delight at what he saw; he was looking at rows and rows of locked-up bookshelves. Keenly he found the padlock and worked at it with his nimble fingers. Within seconds a loud crack echoed down the hall, and an excited Saru threw the broken lock to one side and lunged for another. There were close to fifty bookshelves here, each containing something like 200 books. Each bookshelf was locked, one for a metal cover and another few to chain the books in place. That was something like 150 locks. Saru was in utter lockbreaking heaven.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/01/2008 7:22 PM

A huge bang made Constance nearly jump.  Had that fool triggered a trap and had gotten crushed?  Just to be certain, she peeked from behind the door...and saw Saru practically leaping with joy.

"What are you..." but she left it at that.  Her eyes bulged and her jaw dropped.  She took her glasses, rubbed them clean, and put them back on.  Yet the illusion remained.  Yelping in pleasure, she leaped to the first bookshelf Saru had opened and began scanning the dusty spines.

(Constance 1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/01/2008 7:40 PM

ooc-- speaking of rabid squirrels, did you know that squirrels cannot contract or carry the rabies virus? that means they're all just crazy. :D

Saru practically flew from bookcase to bookcase, clambering up the shelves to get at both locks, inner and outer. When he reached the inner lock, he was already more than halfway up the bookcase so he merely leapt off the top of that one to start on a new one, etc. In about half an hour he had unlocked and unchained every last case. He collapsed onto the ground, creating huge clouds of dust with each panting breath. "Hee hee. How fast was that, Constance? I lost count. That was fun, Constance. Do you have any more locks hiding around here?" he asked her, out of breath and happy. He was starting to think actually andventuring wasn't so bad after all, especially when locks or puzzles were involved.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/05/2008 3:39 PM

Constance's tail was quivering.  There were so many books about this place and even ones that explained some of the odder events around Evelon.  She fanned some of the dust off a book with her wing.  "Maybe.  There might be more in those other rooms."

(It fits me pretty well then!!!! :D )
(Constance 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/05/2008 8:08 PM

Saru stood and shook most of the dust off his white fur, then proceeded to lick off the rest. "I'll go ahead and check," he called over his shoulder when he bolted out the door. He turned and picked a door across the hall then pushed to open it. The door was strangely heavy and unwilling to open. Saru leaned his whole weight on the door and it moved slightly. There was a soft click and what appeared to be a door slid into the wall. Saru fell flat on his face to the sound of ancient machines whirring away.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/17/2008 10:49 PM

Constance had been deep into her reading, so she didn't notice or care when she heard a bump not to far away.  What did jerk her out of the old pages was when the bookcases started to spin into the wall.  They were kinda designed like those trick walls where they spin into another room when you lean on them.

Unfortuneately, Constance had been sitting on one of those shelves, so when the walls flipped so did she.

(Constance 3/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/18/2008 1:17 AM

Saru started to get up, only to be thrown to his feet again. The floor panel he had landed on flipped upwards to cover the hole where the wall panel had been. Saru was inevitably thrown into this compartment and trapped within. He chattered nervously and glanced around him, seeing nothing. He edged backwards and fell through the floor, past a rafter, and onto the ground. Hard. Saru moaned, and slowly recognized the hall he stood in. He screamed in frustration when he did remember it: he was in the entrance hall. He began throwing small objects, rubble from the crumbly ceiling or small statuettes decorating the floor. He threw them in no particular direction, as long as the crash was loud he didn't care where they went. After, say, three minutes of his tantrum one well-aimed projectile burst through the wall and shot light into a secret room. Saru peered within and saw one of the moving bookshelves. "Constance?" he called.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/20/2008 10:03 AM

"Ouch," she said, rubbing her head.  Saru's projectile had hit her clean in the face.  Now not only did she have a migraine but her glasses were slightly cracked as well.  

(Constance 4/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/20/2008 8:59 PM

"Constance!" Saru leaned forward in excitement and somersaulted into the room quite by accident. He landed on his rear, and, unfazed, said something rather obvious. "I think we're on the first floor," he said, then blinked. He had unlocked every single bookshelf in that room, every one, he was sure of it. But this bookshelf in front of him was chained and locked quite well. "Unless," he murmured, "This bookshelf wasn't in that room." Saru walked to the front of the case and examined it. There was only one lock, but this one was large, and centered. The metal was too thick for him to break or bite through. Saru flicked his tail-fire close so he could see more clearly. He blinked. "There's no keyhole!" he shouted. The lock was smooth as the metal case it covered.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/21/2008 12:51 PM

Constance was about to say something rathe crude until Saru pointed this out.  She glided over and ran her feather tips across the smooth surface.  "You're right!" she said in suprise.  "Whoever chained up this case did not want it getting open."

(Constane 5/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/21/2008 8:49 PM

"Then how does it open?" Saru whined. A smooth orb on a chain dangled at his nose, taunting him. Saru huffed and tried to hit the lock, send it swinging. It pivoted on its base. "It's part of the case? What kind of lock is that?" he asked quizzically. He hit it again, and it spun again. He pawed at one side like a hamster running on a wheel, and the lock spun freely. There were no obvious markings, but a combo lock was a combo lock, and Saru had never seen one. He continued to spin it, more confused at each turn.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Locks

Postby Saroko » 10/22/2008 7:12 PM

Constance found herself a little flustered as well, and it was a feeling both rare and disliked in her.  She had never seen a lock like this before either and she couldn't remember it ever being mentioned before.  

Her ear twitched suddenly when she heard a click sound.

(Is the 'lock' like a dial on a locker?  That's what I'm picturing it to be.)
(Constance 1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/22/2008 9:39 PM

ooc-- yeah, I couldn't think of what else to call it, lol

Saru jumped when it clicked and stopped spinning. He noted a small dent on one edge of the dial and spun it again. When the dent was in the same place, it clicked. Saru had a bright idea: he spun it the other way. It again clicked. He sat down and thought. "If it opens by spinning, then I should spin it in different ways to open it. But I spun it in different ways, and it hasn't opened." Saru gave the chain a good tug. It didn't move. In fact, it was melted to the case. Saru shrieked from thinking so much and getting nowhere.

With a combonation lock that mounts to the wall of the safe, you don't need a chain to hold it shut, that would only mean another quite useless lock. Quite the same with this, as the lock was a part of the case it guarded, the chain was useless. It had been welded to the case to fool theives.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Locks

Postby Saroko » 10/24/2008 5:28 PM

Constance smirked.  "It needs to be spun only in a certain way.  Spinning it around like that doesn't help.  What we need here is the combination."  She hopped up and pulled on one of the chains welded into the case.  "That or a really good safecracker."

(Constance 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate