Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Feint » 10/24/2008 6:40 PM

"Combination? There's more than two?" Saru asked, in reference to the numbers. He decided to give it one more try. He spun the lock to the first position, then kept his ear close to hear the second click. When he did, he spun the lock the other way, and listened for a third. A click. Saru pulled on the dial, and it pulled towards him. He yanked on the dial excitedly, and, unfortunatley, it swung upwards like a garage door. Saru screamed and clung to the door, which dangled him in the air like a cat on a branch. In the bookcase there were only five books. One had an eye on it, which was looking up at Saru.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/24/2008 11:28 PM

"I have to admit, that was...unexpected," Constance muttered.  Though she didn't know which: Saru figuring out the combination or the garage door case.  It was a bit of a 'neck and neck race'.

Constance glided up to the now open case and observed the book with the eye.  The thing looked pretty nasty, and only idiots would dare touch something nasty.  Taking the only long object she had, in this case her glasses, she gave it a small poke.

(Constance 3/5)
ImageImage

Hear the cries of the forgotten dead
See their bones littering the lands
Feel my sword cutting off your head
See the blood upon your hands
Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 764
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/24/2008 11:47 PM

The eye looked away from Saru, and down at Constance. The book was somewhat thick and appeared to have no pages. The other four books seemed perfectly normal. One of them was exceptionally thick and had funny colored pages. Saru grunted from the top of the case in an attempt to climb onto it. He gave up and fell to the floor rather ungracefully. The eye watched him fall. "Whatsit lookin at?" Saru asked.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/29/2008 8:50 PM

Satisfied, Constance placed her glasses back into their appropriate place.  "You it seems.  He must like your fur or something."  Cautiously, she stretched out a wing and grabbed the tip of its spine; keeping a wary eye on its-well-eye.  Hopefully it wasn't in the mood for raw Kitrell.

(Constance 4/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 10/30/2008 7:50 PM

"Make it stop staring," Saru whined. Ever the intellectual, he poked the book in the eye. It closed. The book with the odd pages burst into flame. "I hope we didn't need that," Saru said, staring at the ashes. The eye blinked back open and glared at him. Saru whined and ducked behind Constance.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 10/31/2008 6:35 PM

"That's what happens when you try to poke one of these things," she scolded.  Though, she did feel some sympathy for the primate.  This thing was creeping her out as well.  The other book's ashes did nothing to comfort her either.

She froze suddenly as she held the one eyed book in her wings.  A person went through alot of trouble just to lock up these five-now reduced to four- books.  But why would anyone want to that.  Her suspitions rekindled, she observed the book from every angle and began comparing it to the others, hoping to find a pattern.

(Constance 5/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 12:22 PM

Saru peeked from behind Constance. The book was still glaring. "I'm sorry, book. Please stop staring at me!" he wailed. Amazingly, the book stopped. It looked around the room, glanced at Constance, gazed at the other books she was examining, then found a point on the wall and gazed at it intently. Saru noticed the stare and carefully found the point it was looking at. He stood on the back of a chair, streched out his long body, reached as far as he could, and barely tapped the point. Nothing happened. Saru jumped and slapped it before falling on the floor, upsetting the chair. Nothing happened. The eye watched Saru until he threw a fit and began gazing at the point again. Saru got the chair and stacked odd objects on one another, lamps, candlesticks, picture frames, weaving them in and out of each other to get a sturdy pile. He stood on top of the said pile and peered at the point the book was watching. There was a small hole in the wall. Saru stuck his finger in it and got it stuck. Something happened.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 11/02/2008 4:56 PM

Constance felt the ground shudder beneath her feet.  Dropping the book, she flapped her wings and flew up to Saru.  Around them, it seemed as though the entire cathedral was struck by an earthquake and it trembled uncontrollably.

"What the heck did you do?!"  Constance demanded angrily.  Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed hold of his scruff and pulled as hard as she could.

(Constance 1/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/02/2008 5:12 PM

Saru shrieked in pain and fell to the floor. He made an attempt to stand but fell, whining. His finger was broken rather badly, but he stood on it anyway without complaining too much. Saru made to leave, but skidded to a halt. "The books!" he cried, and ran back for them. He grabbed two books, the most he could carry, and ran for the hole in the wall on his hind legs. He dropped the books and threw them, one by one, out the hole. He turned to see in Constance was coming, and tried to pull his broken finger strait, almost hyperventilating in panic.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saroko » 11/06/2008 6:31 PM

"Don't pull them," she yelled as she flew past him.  She grabbed hold of the spine of one of the two books and hovered in the air.  "We have to get downstairs and out of here!  This entire building feels like it may collapse!"

(Constance 2/5)
ImageImage

Saroko
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby life is like a peanut » 11/06/2008 9:51 PM

"I've had enough!" Nelly screamed out "I can't stand this place!" "Well we need to stay until I get permission to leave" Tait responded. "Tait, whenever I step outside people stare at me! Do you know why they stare? It is because I am a pure at heart. Most I am sure can tell" Nelly said as she sat down on a nearby cushion on the floor. "I'm sorry but you said you would never leave my side, so that means that you need to wait a little while until I get the "OK" to leave...even if that means if we have to stay in this rather unpleasant tower" Tait went over to sit next to Nelly. "We will make this work...I promise" Tait promised"(Tait is on the left in my signature and Nelly is on the right)
by me
art of the kuhna by Toon-Souseiseki
Kuhna by Baals_Baby
life is like a peanut
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 382
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/06/2008 9:51 PM

Saru snapped his finger strait and winced. He cracked his knuckles to make sure they were in place, then jumped out the hole in the wall. He lifted the books with his tail and balanced them on his back with aid from his tail. After a few failed attempts at running, he made his way down part of the hall and stopped to wait for Constance. He didn't want to leave her too far lest the wall collapsed with her behind it. Saru dodged a falling picture frame and lamp, shrieking each time.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby life is like a peanut » 11/06/2008 10:42 PM

Nelly groaned "Alright I guess I don't have a choice. I am one to my word" "That's the Nelly I know" Tait said "Now I want to show you the rest of the city. It isn't all bad once you get past the run-down part" Tait ran over to the door that had a special dog door built in."Alright! Besides, it will take us away from this tower" Tait and Nelly ran out the door and down the stairs taking thm to some sort of a lobby and then they were out of the tower.
by me
Kuhna by Baals_Baby
life is like a peanut
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby life is like a peanut » 11/11/2008 5:42 PM

Nelly and Tait first went to the old worship house. They walked in and sat in the front row. "So what exactly went on here?" Nelly asked. "Well this was the place where people would worship the Evils. Ever since this place was deserted this got destroyed." Tait explained."Well I dn't really know what to say to that" Nelly said."Well we should head back to the tower, it is getting dark". "That we should" Tait said "You don't want to be caught here at night anyway"
by me
Kuhna by Baals_Baby
life is like a peanut
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby life is like a peanut » 11/13/2008 10:36 PM

Tait and Nelly got back to the tower. "Tait...I really want to leave" Nelly said. "Well I need to get the OK to leave" Tait said. "Well we need to be back at the ranch by Sunday"" I know I know" Tait replied "We will just have to wait" The two went to bed and passed the night sleeping.
by me
Kuhna by Baals_Baby
life is like a peanut
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext