Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Death, Guilt, and Other Dark Things[OPEN][V][HUNT]

Postby Kylo » 04/15/2017 11:57 PM

(Daud-1)

He knew what was coming, there was no escaping it. It was only a matter of time before Corvo found him, and when he did it would be all over. The guilt, the pain, the shame, all of it would end along with his life. The question was, was he going to fight it or just let it all slip away? He felt old, and tired. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to just...let Corvo end this. All of this, forever.
Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: Death, Guilt, and Other Dark Things[OPEN][V][HUNT]

Postby Kylo » 04/16/2017 12:25 AM

(Fox-1)

To say the small Whaler was concerned would be a severe understatement. Fox was downright terrified that Master Daud was going to do something stupid. He had been acting strange for months now, ever since that mission with the Emperess, and it was starting to become increasingly apparent that he was not in his right mind. Ordering them to leave Corvo's weapons out in the open like that? That was insanity. It wouldn't be long until Corvo came here himself and then...oh no. Oh noooo. He wasn't? He had to be. Why else would he order them to literally just leave weapons there in the open for the man who wanted to murder Daud out in the open? Fox had to think of someway to talk Daud down. Somehow.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/16/2017 1:30 AM

"Dad-Daud? You know we need you, right?"

Daud looked down at the small Whaler with narrowed eyes. Where was he going with this? He didn't have time to try to figure out what the young Whaler wanted this time.

"I trained you to not need anyone," he replied gruffly.

The Whaler shrank slightly, but otherwise refused to budge.

"I know that, Master, but we need leadership. With Billy gone-"

"What exactly are you suggesting, Fox?"

Fox took a deep breath and quietly let it out before continuing.

"What I'm suggesting, sir, is that I am concerned about your well being. I'm concerned that you may...lose to Corvo."

Daud scowled at Fox as he pinned him down with his stare. He did not need the Whaler's concern, as accurate as it may be. He deserved this.

"Your concern is noted, but unnecessary."

(Daud-2)(Fox-2)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/16/2017 1:30 AM

Hannah shivered as she wandered down the corridor. She was simultaneously both thankful and regretful about her "friends" refusing to join her as she visibly trembled. Why did she take that stupid frickin' dare? Damn her pride. She growled to herself as she padded further into the darkness. The Hydrokuhna attempted to make herself even smaller, glad that she had taken this form over her human one. It would help her slink through the abandoned building unnoticed. By what? She wasn't sure. But she sure didn't wanna find out. With that thought, she pressed even closer to the ground and continued on her way.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/16/2017 1:45 AM

Fox was about to reply but Daud signaled him to be silent as he stared at a wall, or rather through one. He motioned for the Whaler to cover the left entrance way through the hole in the ceiling, while he transversed to the corner of the hallway leading into this room.

Fox transversed to a ledge near the ceiling before crawling through it and over above the hallway. He looked down through another hole to spy on the intruder. It was a watery kuhna by the looks of it, and seemingly unarmed. What brought it into their territory? Fox scowled behind his mask as he gripped his blade tightly, preparing himself for a fight should it come to that.

Daud continued to use dark vision to watch the kuhna through the wall as it crept closer and closer towards where he hid just out of sight. He silently counted in his head each step the kuhna took as his gaze flickered up to where Fox was perched, waiting for his signal. He used pull to gently tug at Fox's coat, signalling him to act.

Fox silently transversed behind the kuhna and reached out to try to grab her just as Daud transversed in front of her in order to distract her.

(ooc: transversal is a dishonored supernatural ability to allows one to stop time for a short period of time while they teleport to a nearby location. Pull is another ability to allows one to pull objects towards themselves.)
(Fox-3)(Daud-3)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/16/2017 12:49 PM

The Kuhna glanced down at her watch and huffed, trying to quell her panic with annoyance. She still had over an hour left to spend here until she could return home and collect her rewards, and the time seemed to be dragging slower with each passing minute. Hannah huddled down further with a shiver as her eyes widened. I can feel someone... or something... watching me! Her fur stood on end as her breathing became shallow.

Suddenly, a form appeared in front of her, causing her to leap backwards with a frightened yelp. This only led her to collide harshly with another presence behind her, startling another terrified shout from her. For a moment, the Kuhna was stunned beyond thought. Luckily, her training kicked in, and she landed lightly on her feet, struggling to identify the presence in front of her while trying to locate the other behind her.

Unable to form words, she instead let loose a series of growls and snarls, hoping to intimidate her assailants.

[Ooh, okay! This is really interesting! c: I'll be following your lead for much of this, but I'll be doing a bit of research on the 'verse outside of here to help.]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/16/2017 8:53 PM

With Fox being so small and weighing so little it was no surprise that being rammed into sent him stumbling slightly backwards before catching himself and snarling behind his mask. Who ever this intruder was, they had already managed to make him irritable.

Daud only raised his brow in response to the kuhna growling at him like an uncivilized beast. Of course the intruder had to be some tiny kuhna who tried to bluff their way out of this.

"Who are you, and why are you here?"

Fox stuck close behind the kuhna to be ready to attack should she decide to attack either of them, but remained silent.

(Daud-4)(Fox-4)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/18/2017 1:56 AM

Hannah immediately ceased growling once she saw that the person in front of her was currently unarmed, but remained wary in case the other figure wasn't as... friendly. The Kuhna raised her eyes to those of the man in front of her and scowled.

"My name is Hannah," she began in a clipped tone, still on edge after the ambush. "And I am simply passing through the area on a... mission." She frowned, then decided to sit and wrap her tails around her paws, attempting to portray a nonthreatening figure.

"Why did you decide to scare me nearly half to death?"

[Sorry this is late, my job is in prime time during this time of year! :c]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/18/2017 1:26 PM

Daud raised his brow at the kuhna's answer. Her hesitation was suspicious and the way she acted was also suspect. He huffed at her question and resisted the urge to pick her up and carry her outside. She clearly was just a child, and not exactly the most threatening one either.

"You're invading our property. We had every right to 'scare' you. Whatever your mission is you can forget it and leave. This is no place for a child. There are things and people here who will kill you given the chance."

"You're lucky we didn't kill you on sight," Fox piped up.

Daud shot the Whaler a glare and he quickly fell silent.

(Daud-5 Level Up! Level 2 +2 Offense +3 Defense)(Fox-5 Level Up! Level 2 +2 Offense +3 Defense)
(OOC: No worries! I worked retail so I know the feeling.)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/19/2017 8:21 PM

Hannah's frown deepened. Their property? She scowled then as he continued, her indignation growing with each word out of his mouth. He dare talk to her like that, as if she was merely a kit?!

Even through her simmering anger, she had always learned to treat her elders with some respect. That didn't apply to the smaller creature behind her, though. As he threatened her, she whipped around to glare at him, eyes nearly blazing with green fire.

She almost snapped, but instead closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before turning back to the more... Reasonable of the two. "I can't leave, sir," Hannah said​, matter-of-fact. "Not yet, anyway." She resumed sitting, but threw one more glare at the creature behind her before doing so.

"My mission is too important for me to give up, now!" Suddenly, she had an idea. If he thought of her like a kit... Then she would behave like one. Swallowing her pride, she put on a pleading face and bowed her head slightly. "I implore you, let me stay on the premises - only for a bit longer!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/19/2017 9:58 PM

Daud, having raised numerous children and trained them to be assassins, was already immune to the pleading face children put on. At this point he found it far more irritating than cute.

Before Daud could answer the wood above their heads creaked and he narrowed his eyes at it. Looking back down at Fox he scowled.

"Get the girl out of here. He's here."

"Yes, sir!"

The Whaler ran up to her and grabbed at her arm, trying to tug her her back towards where she came from.

"We have to go now, if you don't want to end up dead. He'll think you're with us."

The wood suddenly stopped creaking and Fox grabbed at the girl again before hissing out quietly, "I'm serious, we need to go now."

There was the sound of a muffled thump back from where Daud had entered from and the man turned towards Fox and growled at him.

"Get her out now!"

"Daud."

(Corvo Attano)

A person suddenly appeared in front of Daud and swung a sword at him with a snarl, Daud quickly drawing his own from his waist and parrying the blow.

"So you've finally decided to join us, bodyguard?"

Corvo huffed in response and drove at him again trying to push Daud back towards the end of the hall.

(Daud-6)(Fox-6)(Corvo-1)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/20/2017 6:34 PM

Hannah could feel the man's disapproval, but before she could continue her argument, a sudden noise interrupted her. Before she could even begin to think about it, the creature behind her began pulling her away, his grip catching painfully in her fur.

"Ouch - let me go!" She snapped at the man, ripping her arm out of his grip. "I can handle myself!" Her speech became garbled as her form began to shift, fur receding and body elongating. It only took a short moment for her to be standing in her human form and pulling out a rather impressive blade.

At the man's next grab, Hannah cocked her arm back to punch him (she was a pretty muscular woman, after all) but stopped at the sound of a third, newer voice. Another threat? She jumped at the sound of clashing swords, and stepped back next to the Whaler, her indignance quickly overcome by need to analyze the situation.

She gripped her dagger tightly and turned to the man who attempted to grab her just moments earlier. "Who is that man? What is going on?!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/20/2017 11:26 PM

Fox had already been human, though his short form and the dreadful mask he wore certainly didn't make it easy to identify him.

"That man is going to kill us if Daud can't kill him first. That's all you need to know. Now come. With. Me," Fox hissed once again. "We're not the ones you need to be fighting. I'll explain what's happening later, now let's go already!"

Corvo back peddled slightly to try to shoot at Daud with a dart. Daud transversed out of the way just barely managing to avoid it as he crowded Corvo and slashed at him. Corvo blocked the attack and then pushed Daud backwards before trying to sweep his feet. Daud jumped to avoid the sweep and growled at Corvo.

"Is that the best you've got?"

Corvo snarled in response and slashed at Daud in rapid succession, driving Daud back once again as he struggled to keep up. He really was getting old if Corvo could manage to drive him back so easily.

(Daud-7)(Fox-7)(Corvo-2)

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/24/2017 5:19 PM

Hannah hesitated for another moment as she turned her eyes back to the fight, her gaze locked on the dueling men. Wait... Her gaze flickered back to the shorter man. Why should I even trust these men? Just as she thought about running, she felt the dart whiz past her ear.

This time, Hannah grabbed the man, instead, and turned them towards the closest exit. "I'm trusting you!" She growled, loud enough for both of the men she had met first to hear. With that, she took off, wanting to get her answers as quickly as possible.

[Wow, I'm sorry this is so bad. I'm still really dead from working these past couple days. >_< My replies,
however, will become more consistent, now.]

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 04/24/2017 6:09 PM

"Finally!" Fox shouted as he took off with her. "It's about time you start listening! Now we might actually survive this!"

With a grunt he proceeded to direct her down another hallway, then another, seemingly leading her deeper into the cathedral.

"I'm taking you to the barracks we stay in. We'll be safest there as it's where most of our equipment is, and where hopefully Corvo won't come looking."

With a few more twists and turns and going down underneath a set of floor boards into a basement they finally arrived at the barracks. Stopping for a few seconds to catch his breath, Fox looked around to make sure they were alone.

"Okay, what you need to know is Daud was paid to kill an Empress and kidnap her daughter. Several of us Whalers were involved, but not me. I was in charge of watching some religious zealot to make sure he didn't betray us. Anyway, Corvo is said Empress's bodyguard. He was framed for what Daud did, and that nearly got him killed. Also we believe that Corvo is the father of the girl we took. So obviously he wants revenge on us. Hence him trying to kill us."

(Fox-8)
((OOC: No, it's good!))

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next