Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Another Approach {Self,M:L}

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 1:25 AM

ImageImage
( Griffin and Eli, human forms. This takes place a few years in the past. )

It was night when the two crept out. Griffin had mentioned the small graveyard in their village, but Eli suggested against it, lest people who knew them pass by and recognise the two. It wasn't too hard to sneak around the village outskirts, all it took to make sure no one saw them was make sure they couldn't remember seeing them. With their combined skills in stealth magic, the few people outside were left with a strange feeling that they had seen something strange, but couldn’t tell exactly what they were seeing.

As the two made their way across the plains to the cathedral, they remained silent. There was a level of desperation that neither wanted to admit. Desperation to keep Eli's family from starving, and desperation for Griffin to be able to get away from his uncle for good. There was plenty of time on their way to have turned back, but they didn't. If there were valuable items still left in some of the cathedral's cemeteries and crypts, perhaps they would be able to afford achieving both their goals.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: Another Approach {Self,M:L}

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 1:29 AM

They made their way swiftly across the plains between their village and the ruins; by two in the morning, the two reached Lya Pointa Cathedral. Scaling over the remains of its outer walls, they sneaked through to the cemetery, ignoring the abandoned funeral home that once was occupied. Still, a sliver of paranoia pricked Eli's stomach, and he had to brush away the worry that a fresh body would be peering at them through the broken, lightless window.

He should have been more concerned with bandits finding them, but no. It was the idea of zombies. As the two made their way past a ditch where bodies were once to be burned, he practically sprinted by. He wasn't going to see burning zombies that night, either. It took him a second to realise that the ditch was completely empty. The two passed by a wagon of empty coffins, then backtracked; two shovels were resting against the wagon. Just as if the place were asking to be robbed. The boys exchanged glances, both raising a brow at the convenience but, still, not saying a word.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:20 AM

Griffin moseyed over to one of the graves that looked less disturbed, and got straight to work. Eli was a little delayed to follow after, but helped him after a pause. Like all of the graves, it was essentially ancient at this point. The headstone looked cheap, but Griffin had high hopes that something special was hidden inside, waiting.

He bothered glancing at said headstone out of curiosity. Nobody he nor Eli knew, so that wasn't really any sweat off either of their backs. Still, the headstone labelled the poor sod as a "talented lawyer", which Griffin wondered if it was possible to be a lawyer and talented at the same time. But as a lawyer, this grave's occupant got even less sympathy from Griffin all of a sudden.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:23 AM

Eventually, a coffin was unearthed. Both sighed in relief; Elijah's arms felt like they were going to fall off, and there was no speaking of his back. Drawing the hammer he'd stashed inside his jacket, he knelt down and pried nail after nail loose. The coffin was made cheap, and the nails were easy to dislodge. Good, he thought. It meant less noise. There was a puff of air as the last nail was popped free and the lid cracked ajar. They lifted the lid together, slowly, so it didn't creak as much as it looked it would. Inside lay the body of one Mister Daniel Fairber. Despite being nothing but a skeleton by now, he he looked like an asshole. Eli's nose scrunched.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:24 AM

Daniel had been buried with a couple fine rings on his finger, and Griffin fished out a pocket watch from the body's suit. Eli watched as Griff withdrew the watch, anticipating Daniel's bony hand to reach out and snatch back his watch with a snippy little "Tut-tut". But no such thing happened as they rummaged for more valuables.

Despite the shoddy burial, Mister Fairber had been buried with a good number of his personal valuables. Griffin  and Eli both hoped they would simply be burned with no fancy ceremony, no tomb six feet under the ground, when the time came.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:32 AM

Quietly, they put the lid back in place and clambered out of the hole. It was time to cover the grave back up; Elijah was just thrilled. But as they shovelled pile after pile of dirt over the grave, footsteps coming their way made them freeze in place. No one ever really spoke of the third reaction when it came to fear, just flight or fight. This time, they didn't move a muscle. Not even as a bandit approached them with a lantern raised over his head.

The bandit looked the two over, eyebrow arching. "Now who in the hells are yer two idjits?" he demanded.

Griffin and Elijah glanced to each other, then back to the bandit. "This yer first time, lads? Didjyer drop yeh tongues in there?" The bandit laughed at himself for his little joke.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:35 AM

This wasn't the first time Griffin had been face to face with a ruffian that likely intended on doing some fine old stabbing in his general direction. But tonight, there was just something about being far from home, in an eerie ruin of a cathedral, and surrounded by corpses, that left him still frozen in spot. A small part of him almost hoped that his uncle would sense that he was away, that he would come out of the shadows and slaughter this stranger.

But no such thing happened. Had Griffin even brought his dagger? Why wasn't he just using magic? Hey, idiot, spit out a spell, you're about to get shanked! His hand fumbled to form runes in the air, slowly.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:37 AM

By this point, the wrinkled bandit had drawn out a nasty looking knife. But before the old man could do or say any more, Elijah sprung into action. His hands weaved black threads together in the air, and as an incantation rang through his mind and bones, shredded the conjured shadowy strands. Griffin caught Eli as his knees buckled out from under him. Meanwhile, the bandit lurched before standing upright, stared distantly, turned, and shuffled down the path. He even dropped the knife, out of common courtesy. Or something else.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:40 AM

It was strange, looking through the old bandit's head. Inklings of his thoughts, his memory and his life, slipped into Eli's own, making the urge to break the connection overwhelming. But he didn't let go, not until he'd made the bandit head to the old funeral home, closed the home's door behind him, and from afar, tucked the old man to bed with dreams of a life on the beach, and of course memories of a night where he reconsidered his life as a scoundrel and maybe instead become something more respectable so he’d leave poor defenceless teenagers alone.

The black magic faded away from Eli's fingertips and bled away from his eyes, leaving them their normal stormy blue. For a moment he just sighed and went limp in his friend's arms, which kept him held up securely. They were safe, so long as the bandit wasn't a light sleeper.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:42 AM

Griffin didn't know what to do with the limp Eli while he half dozed, regaining his energy. He didn't know what exactly Eli had done, either. Was that mind control? He'd never seen Eli successfully control someone's mind, nor had he taught him how. Likely they had Knox to thank for this. His jaw set, but he didn't lash out to vent his sudden rage. He simply waited for his friend to come back around, standing out in the middle of cemetary and cathedral ruins at fuck in the morning.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 10/29/2017 2:45 AM

Goddess knew how long he'd been out. It felt like hours, but when he opened his eyes, the area was still bathed in late moonlight, and he was still a little chilly from the night air. So perhaps it had only been minutes. That came as a mild relief to him, but not so much the slight sense that he was being watched.

Elijah groggily looked up to see Griffin staring down at him. He was still holding him up from falling into the half-filled grave. "Goddess' tits, Eli," he hissed.

Blinking slowly, Eli gathered himself up onto his feet, turning to Griffin. "Iiii think we've been here long enough," he murmured. "We can try this another night. An' bring actual weapons with us, too. Who knows how pissed tha' bandit'll be if he spots us again."

Griffin continued to gawk at him. "... We'll think about it. Let's just get home."

Loping an arm around Eli's shoulders, Griffin and he made their way out to the fields, back towards home.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer