Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Ruin?[Krystal/Freeziar]

Postby Krystalolive » 03/04/2018 1:16 AM

In all of her years of exploring, Garnet had never been able to get to far into the Lya Pointa Cathedral without having to turn back. Usually the Mekkayena were able to chase her off before she could even get into the ruins, and even if she could get inside, she'd still have to deal with the Malphas inside. She had always wanted to go further inside, find what secrets were left whenever the holy place was abandoned.

And finally she was able to get inside. It took a few tricks to sneak past all the creatures stalking around, but she had made it. Now she was able to stroll around the Cathedral all she wanted, just her and her pack full of supplies.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Re: Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Ruin?[Krystal/Freeziar

Postby Freezair » 03/04/2018 2:16 PM

It was shaping up to be a fun night--exactly the kind Tristan lived for. Did he have a hot date? Was he going out on the town?

Of course not!

He'd packed up his trekking pack with all his essentials--trowels, brushes, a very great deal of pepper spray to deal with the Mekkayenas--and headed off to Lya Pointa to do some hands-on archaeology. It had been far too long since he'd set his heart a-racing and gotten his hands on some interesting artifacts. And fending off armies of bloodthirsty biomechanical aberrations swarming around an eldritch old cathedral sounded like exactly the thing to drive off malaise!

He'd dived and darted around Mekkas, sprayed a few with his pepper spray, and had found a crumbled-down section of wall he was able to squeeze under. Now he was ready to plunder to his heart's content!

But... what was that he saw inside? Another figure...?

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 03/11/2018 6:13 PM

The inside of the cathedral was amazing. Garnet spent a few minutes just staring at the cravings and murals on the walls, trying to sketch out a few symbols for research later. She was in the middle of doing this when she heard someone, or something, manage to get inside not too far away.

She had really hoped that she wouldn't have to fight or run from anything inside. In a fight, she could hold her own, Draco back at home had made sure of that before she started exploring in dangerous places like this. But the risk to the artifacts was too great. She turned to look, trying to figure out if the newcomer was friend or foe.

"Hello? Who's there?" Maybe she would get lucky and it would be another explorer.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/12/2018 3:12 PM

Tristan was used to strange field encounters--ancient guardian golems protecting temples, "abandoned" sites that weren't, and of course... Mekkayenas. So many Mekkayenas. The Mekkas didn't often listen to reason, but he didn't smell the strange, biomechanical aroma the beasts exuded. And the way this distant shape moved seem purposeful--like another person.

Tristan set down everything in his hands--including his chisel, which some might mistake for a weapon at a distance--and wandered over, pawlike hands up.

"I come in peace!" he said, his voice booming. "I am but a simple explorer, here to examine this old cathedral! I will take naught but pictures and leave only footprints, as they say!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 03/14/2018 1:19 PM

Another rational person? What on earth were they doing here of all places?

Not that Garnet minded the company, in fact rarely did she get the chance to explore with someone. She was more puzzled at the fact two of them managed to get past the Mekkas around the same time. Maybe they were off their game today, or had already caught some other unfortunate soul.

"Hello! I am an explorer as well, here to try and document some findings in this great place. If you'd like we can travel together, and keep an eye out for any traps. My name's Garnet."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/15/2018 1:12 PM

A fellow explorer?

A fellow explorer?

A fellow explorer?!

"Great Caesar's ghost!" Tristan exclaimed. He rushed forward all of a sudden, coming into a shaft of light from the broken roof. He was a sight--a seemingly human fellow at first glance, with a ruddy mustache and beard, dressed in thick, tear-resistant trekking gear. But two Kuhna tails protruded from his back and rounded, furry ears twitched on his head.

"I'd never expected to meet anyone else out here! How did you get past the Mekkas? What are you looking for specifically? What--I'm sorry, I'm ahead of myself. My name is Tristan Youngblood! And what may I call you?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate