Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Re: [EVENT]Dead by Daylight[see user contests][M:V,G,L,Horro

Postby Kylo » 11/25/2018 9:43 PM

The monster doesn't seem to notice your flashing, but at least it isn't attacking you right now. But another monster has appeared and is attacking the other person near you! Maybe you should help her? But oh? What's this? You nearly trip over a long sturdy board of wood. Maybe you should pick it up to use as a weapon?

[Item Found! You've found a wooden board!]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/25/2018 9:48 PM

You swing your axe at the monster and land a direct hit! You did two damage to the monster! The monster is stunned! It doesn't attack. You should try to hit it again! But your savoir over there is being attacked too! Do you want to try to help her while your monster is stunned?

[Direct hit! Monster takes 2 damage. Remaining health of 12!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 11/25/2018 10:49 PM

"If we've come to the wrong haunted cathedral again, I'm not eating anything but steak and pork barbecue for a month."

All around, the chilled breeze fluttered through the ruins. Silent, serene, save for one voice. A man stood before the cathedral; a lone, short, and portly man, with silver-tan hair and more freckles than was surely legal. A pair of round wire-rimmed glasses rested on his crooked and hooked nose, behind which stared a pair of stormy blue eyes that looked the cathedral's entrance up and down in an unimpressed manner. With naught but a pair of jeans, black shoes, a dark pine green knit cap, and a jacket over his blue flannel, he really wasn't dressed for ghost busting, if the rumours of the ruins being haunted were true.

As he regarded the decrepit cathedral with a slight sneer to his scarred lips, he snorted at the response given-- seemingly-- by no one. I'm not sure how you mistook the first two for the right place. We've been here before. Several times.
He could see the "no one" that had replied clearly in the back of his head: tall, slender, with short dark brown hair and a long slate blue coat that covered most of his crookedly-buttoned shirt and brown trousers. And of course, his arms were crossed now. He could see this man so clearly in his head, given that was exactly where he was. And this has got to be the stupidest reason for us to come here yet.

With a derisive sniff, the shorter (and more corporeal) man made his way into the cathedral. "What, like ya never did somethin' stupid on a whim, Griff?"

And now the man in his head, Griffin, was inspecting the backs of his fingerless gloves. No, I did not. That was always your area of expertise, pal. Leaning to the side slightly, he shot his host a dry smile, fluttering his eyelashes.

"Oooooooh don't be such a hoity-toity pompous tea cozy," the host retorted with a light growl. "Last week ya bounced outta me solely to possess a rolling chairs to try and roll it down a flight of stairs. An' on the way down, ya called the chair's owner a cherry-nosed titshitter. Doing stupid shit's your goddamn job."

As the two (err, one?) wandered deeper into the ruins, the echo of screams and people's voices interrupted their light argument. Insult contest later, 'Lijah. I think we got here a bit late.

[ Entering area A! ]
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/26/2018 1:35 AM

"Oof" Shaya exclaimed, narrowly avoiding falling on her face. "Who left a wooden board lying around?"

"Pick it up, pick it up, for Yepha's sake pick it up!" chanted Mick, terrified out of his wits as he could hear screams coming from more pepole nearby.

"Mick, what are you-" "There! Hit that one!" He yelled, cutting her off mid-sentence and pointing to a smallish monster that was attacking someone nearby.

"Fine! If that will convince you they're fake, then fine, we'll just have to pay the damages later for the broken props!"

She picked up the wooden board and swung it at the second monster that had appeared, aiming for its head.

Aiming for the monster attacking Kokoro
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 11/29/2018 10:07 PM

She could feel a scream wanting to build in her, wanting to tear its way from her throat, but she swallowed it down. She remembered her breathing, all her training. She could never account for this, but she knew what to do.

Her instincts screamed at her to run. If she ran, she could outrun them all. After all, as long as she kept ahead of someone she would be safe, right?

A laugh bubbled up in her chest. Tears spiked at the corners of her eyes as a hysteric fear took her over, cording her arms as she swung the axe again.

[Striking the stunned monster that was attacking Ceri!]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/30/2018 1:59 PM

(For ease in the future, maybe you could start each post with the username of the person it applies to? ovo)

The new room was oddly-shaped, and almost too dark for Reigen to see in front of his nose. He waved the flashlight around, letting its beam fall on various dusty nonsense at the corners and edges of the room. Mob kept a hand on the wall, feeling unsure of himself--why was everything so masked inside of this place? The clarity he usually had when navigating haunted places was all but gone. Only the wall and the sound of Reigen's footsteps remained as grounding presences.

Mob's stomach growled again, and he froze, a foreboding feeling rushing over him. "Master--"

Before the boy could finish his sentence, some otherworldly sound--almost like skittering, but not like it at all. The growling hadn't been Mob's stomach after all--instead, it had come from whatever it was that was currently rushing towards them at an alarming rate.

Reigen reacted quickly--the light shone, but it encountered nothing concrete. Instead it fell upon a creature that was rapidly approaching, body a mass of writhing shadows that didn't quite seem to want to take a solid form. Reigen adjusted his grip on the lead pipe and stuck out a leg in attempts to shove Mob back and away from the thing, and in a somewhat impressive display of balance, he struck out with the pipe. Missed. The thing skidded past, and Reigen caught himself, breathing fast. "Mob--can't you do something?"

Mob's eyes were wide with fear, the only indicator of the emotion other than the tension in his posture. His hands extended out--experimentally, he fired off a small wave of energy towards the thing, with no reaction whatsoever. "I-it's--it's not a spirit-- Master, it's coming back!"

Reigen's attention flashed back to the thing as it returned, and he took two large leaps towards it, flashlight in one hand and pipe in the other. He shone the flashlight on it as it approached, and with his other hand, he made a wide arc towards the floor in attempts to strike at the shadowy monster.

[Attacking Monster with metal pipe!]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Kylo » 12/01/2018 4:38 PM

(Saahs)
When you enter no monster jumps out to attack you. Though others are being attacked in front of you! You can try to help them. You should hurry forward!

As you step forward you fall through the floor! Ouch! Hopefully you can get out of it! You should be more careful Elijah.

[Trap! Ouch! You have broken your arm! You will be unable to wield weapons. You can choose to use 1 luck point to escape injury or hope for a health kit.]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/01/2018 11:45 PM

(ToxxicRenegadeAngel )

The board hits the monster right across the face, nice and hard! Looks like you have great aim! It stumbled and hissed harshly but didn't lash out. That definitely isn't some prop. It even seems to be bleeding a bit from where you hit it.

[You hit the monster! You did 6 damage! The monster only has 6 health left!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/02/2018 6:07 AM

"Shaya,  that thing is bleeding. That's not fake!" Mick screeched into her ear as she steadied the weight of the board in her hands. She felt a cold finger of dread creep up her spine as she stared into its hate-filled eyes, realising that they were moist and intelligent,  and very, very angry.

"Mick" she whispered, without breaking eye contact with the monster; "I've done it again, haven't I? We're in actual danger here."

"You're in danger here; I'm already dead, and I don't want to find out what happens if you die too, so for Yepha's sake hit it again, harder this time!" His shrill voice shook as he whispered into her ear, and she nodded in reply, feeling her nerves tense as she shifted her weight slightly.

She prepared to swing again, as she breathed in the dank air through her nose and cursed herself for running into trouble again on her day off. Hopefully one more good swing would do it, and she could help the others she could see fighting nearby.

Attacking the same monster (the one that attacked Kokoro)
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Previous