Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

[EVENT]Dead by Daylight[see user contests][M:V,G,L,Horror]

Postby Kylo » 10/20/2018 6:56 PM

The wind howls as the last rays of light dip below the horizon. The bare trees rattle and rustle, casting strange shadows over the ground. The cathedral lies just ahead, just as old and worn down as you've heard of. You can see an entrance in the front and as you get closer you can see a...pizza delivery boy? What?

"Ugh this place gives me the creeps. Who the hell orders pizza out here?" he mutters to himself before entering the cathedral. Maybe you should follow him?

[ooc: Once you're given the okay start posting guys!]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Re: [EVENT]Dead by Daylight[see user contests][M:V,G,L,Horro

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/13/2018 6:43 PM

The wind set Reigen's bones rattling, instilling in him the thought that perhaps he should've worn something other than a tracksuit to this thing. Mob was a bit more sensible--bundled up in a coat, and a scarf that covered most of his mouth and nose. It was obvious which of the two had parents around to scold them and advise them to dress warmly on such a chilly autumn night.

"Well, this place certainly looks the part," Reigen muttered, teeth chattering as he rubbed his hands together rapidly and shoved them in his pockets. "Mob, you have the flashlight, right?"

Mob made a sound in the positive, attempting to maneuver his coat-padded arm into his pocket to pull out the flashlight in question. For the sake of mobility, he handed it over to Reigen, who took it and immediately began clicking it on and off, pointed at the ground, in an attempt to fidget. Reigen was all for fun and games, and to a certain extent, so was Mob, but there was a much better, more important reason for why they were there. The location had been the kicker--Lya Pointa was known for its haunted stomping grounds, and frankly, hosting a haunted house game there seemed like a recipe for trouble and civilian casualties. That is, IF any spirits decided to show up. "Wonder how we start? Just walk in? Or do we wait for some kind of MC to, like, I dunno, shepherd us into the--"

"Hey, Master," Mob interrupted Reigen's mutterings to point near the entrance of the place. "Someone's there already."

Reigen jumped slightly, then squinted into the dim evening at the boy. Was he... holding a pizza? Brows raising up as far as they'd go, Reigen cleared his throat and patted Mob on the shoulder. "Maybe he knows what's going on. Let's go ask, yeah?" As they neared, though, the boy muttered something and began to walk inside. Reigen paused, then looked to Mob with a small frown. "Maybe we should... just go in?"

Mob didn't respond right away--his only reaction a puff of steamy breath rising up when he tugged his scarf down to sniff the air. Pizza... His stomach growled--to make it all the way out there, he'd had to lie to his mom about grabbing dinner with a friend. "Yeah, let's go in," he said, small voice holding an edge of hopefulness that Reigen wasn't too sure he could interpret. He'd been too lost in thought to notice the noise of complaint from Mob's stomach, anyhow. With the young boy mostly leading the way, Reigen followed Mob into the cathedral, trying to ignore the shiver of something far more sinister than cold that ran up his spine.

[Entering area A!]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MythicDusk » 11/13/2018 9:34 PM

Ceridwen was a runner. She had ran marathon, ran races, she was proud of how far and how fast her legs could take her. She was almost egotistical about it. Her legs were her only good point and she knew it. She threw herself wholeheartedly into training, no time for friends or lovers. Every spare moment was taken up with dietary plans, with racing against old times, with training until her powerful legs shook.

Even now, in the frigid air, Ceri ran. Her long, loping strides carrying her over uneven ground. She needed to train more on rough ground. She needed to be able to make the snap decision of where to put a foot when needed.

Her major mistake right now was only watching her feet, watching the ground just ahead. She followed the rough path until a smoother surface overtook, and yet she was still so lost in her steps, almost hypnotising.

She stopped, when she sensed... something. She couldn't place it, but she could feel it. Looking up, she saw the haunted house. Saw the man and the child enter. She felt something in her be drawn.

Maybe she could show off her running skills here, too. She shrugged as she tightened her grip on the flashlight that she had been using to light her way, stepping towards the doors that had squng shut, and slowly pushing them open.

She wasn't sure if her knees shook with exhertion or fear.

[Entering area A!]

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/14/2018 12:49 AM

Once Mobb and Reigen enter the cathedral the doors swing shut and the air temperature drops significantly, to the point of where they can see their own breath. The floor boards creak and the sounds of rats scurrying about can be heard. Dust covers the place, though some of it seems recently disturbed. Very recently.

Now where is that pizza boy? Shouldn't he be around here somewhere? Oh? What's this? A glint of silver flashes as the flashlight bean passes over it. Upon closer inspection it seems to be a metal pipe. Something tells you you should pick it up. It may be useful later.

[Item found! Obtained 1 metal pipe. Metal pipes can be used as weapons.]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/14/2018 1:33 AM

Suddenly finding herself in a strange, foreign place, somewhere entirely different than where she had been just a moment before, was, somehow, not a new experience for Kokoro. In fact, such a thing wasn't even alarming to her, this time around. She'd already gotten reasonably accustomed to having a functioning body. Limbs she could control, a mouth in which to speak with, and even her own thoughts and, perhaps, feelings. Although, she wasn't entirely sure how to define feelings, and say if she actually felt them, or if it was just all... in her head.

At any rate, she decided that first thing was first. With a motion of her hand, she brought up her status screen and, seeing that her HP was capped at 25, the woman frowned. Still, if this was fact, as she doubted it to be a glitch, there was probably nothing she could do about it at this very moment. Then, with another motion, she selected her inventory, only to find that it, too, was unusual. It was entirely empty, save for a single flash light. All of the items she had previously had vanished.

Ahead of her was a cathedral she did not recognize; one that was definitely not like the ones that she and others repawned in. Was it... a new dungeon? But how did she end up here, entirely by herself? And why was there such strange limitations?

All she could do was investigate the matter.

[Entering Area A]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/16/2018 3:48 AM

The first thing that Reigen noticed was the immediate, unforgiving drop in temperature, and once more he damned his past self for picking out the tracksuit to wear. He'd just figured they'd be doing a lot of running around. He'd also neglected to look at the weather or outside temperature before he left. Flip phones weren't particularly useful things for that.

Mob sniffed the air, but the smell of dust hit him before pizza did, and he sneezed--a tiny sound, not unlike some kitten. Reigen peered around in the dim, and caught sight of the metal flash, walking over to it hurriedly with the flashlight. "Hey Mob? Stay close, okay?" he called in a hushed voice, picking up the metal pipe with a furrow of his brow. What an odd thing to leave lying around... but it would be a fine weapon, if they encountered anything that wasn't a spirit.

For one, Reigen was confident that Mob could take care of any old spirit. But... on some strange off-chance that that... wasn't possible, well... the pipe wouldn't work on spirits. He tried not to think about that.

Mob hurried over, his expression fairly neutral despite now sporting a sneeze-ravaged face. He snorted and rubbed his nose, frowning. "It's a little gross in here," he mused aloud, then closed his eyes, sensing for auras. He opened his eyes, a troubled look on his face. "Master, I can't seem to sense... much of anything, in here. Not even your aura," he murmured, very quiet. Not that that was anything special--Reigen's aura was always hidden to him, but it still bore saying. "I don't know what it is..."

Reigen eyed the worried look in Mob's eyes, and he shouldered the lead pipe, holding the flashlight under his arm as he reached out to pat Mob's shoulder. "Don't worry, Mob. I can sense the auras just fine in here. So don't you worry one bit--leave it to me, and I'll lead us both out of here unscathed! Alive! Definitely alive." Reigen looked back at the door, and was surprised to see a few more people entering. That, at least, was good. Probably. "Hey, Mob--let's try that door over there," he mused, pointing to the rightmost area of the room.

[Entering area D]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/18/2018 11:50 AM

Shaya couldn't believe her luck; this sort of event seemed right up her alley, and with it being the Halloween season it was just the sort of thing she would enjoy. She waited impatiently until it was almost the time the poster had indicated, and grabbed a flashlight before making her way over. Mick was less than impressed; he had harrumphed when she insisted on going on this foolish excursion, and was currently refusing to speak to her. Being tethered to her was a real frustration for the poor Ballama sometimes, and this was one of the times he wished he hadn't decided to haunt her after all.

"Come on, Mick, I'm sure it will be fun - just a haunted house thing. We'll be fine!" she said, walking towards where the poster had said to be. The smell of pizza hung in the air, mixed with the smell of damp and decay, and Shaya shivered in excitement as they entered through the open door.

Entering Area A!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/18/2018 4:16 PM

Upon entering the cathedral the doors slammed shut and would not budge open for anything. A shrill shriek filled the air and a creature raced out of the shadows towards Ceridwen. It screamed again as it lunged at her it's claws caked in gore and blood. It barely missed her and stumbled to the side. Cerdwin nearly trips over an axe. You should pick it up!

[Monster appeared! It has 14 health and will do 3 damage if it hits! Item found! You've found an axe!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/18/2018 4:38 PM

The cathedral doors slam shut behind Kokoro. The floorboards creak as she enters and shuffling and soft squeaks can be heard from rats scuttling across the floor. A little bit a head a monster is attacking a woman. Maybe you should help her? Then again you might then become the new focus of the monster.

[Nothing happens (to you)! Lucky you!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/18/2018 4:45 PM

The cathedral doors slam shut behind Shaya and Mick. The smell of pizza lingers in the air. Up ahead a woman is being attacked by a monster! And another woman is there too. What do you want to do? Help the women being attacked? Talk to the other woman? Or do you want to run to another room?

[Nothing happens ( to you)! Aren't you lucky!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/19/2018 2:52 AM

She was a healer, first and foremost, not a fighter. In that aspect, her combat skills were typically questionable, and less than the others of her team. She was experienced in fights, how to avoid monster attacks, when she needed to heal and assist, sure, but she lacked strength to easily kill monsters off on her own. But Kokoro followed a certain rule as a healer. And that was to assist those in need.

When she saw another woman in trouble, she didn't hesitate. Lacking weapons and magic skills, she reached for the flashlight, immediately flicking it on and off, aiming at the face of the monster. Perhaps, in an attempt to blind it, or, at the very least, distract it.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/19/2018 12:01 PM

Shaya shrieked as she saw the monster jump out at the other woman, then laughed at herself. Of course there would be jump-scares and pop-outs; what kind of haunted house wouldn't have things to make you scream?

"See Mick? There's nothing to worry about. It's just a fake, look!"

Mick quivered as she flashed the flashlight on and off at the monster, and he shook as he spoke; "Shaya- Shaya that's real, that's not a fake" he said, incorporeal teeth chattering despite having no physical substance.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 11/25/2018 3:30 PM

She wanted to laugh it off, pretend it didn't scare her. Pretend her legs didnt buckle under her. Her hand found the handle of- of something. Sbe grabbed it and swung, an arc towards where she guessed the monster was as she turned her head with a scream.

After that, with the axe in her hands, she staggered backwards, her pulse racing, her jaw tight and her eyes wide with fear. She glanced around, spotted the others, her pulse still racing.

"What the fuck is that thing?"

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/25/2018 9:35 PM

A soft groan emanated from a shadowy corner of the room before something rushed out at Mob and Reigen. The creature appeared to be made of the shadows itself. It scrambled forward in a rush and seemed to rush too far, too fast, as it skidded just past the two. Well at least it didn't manage to hit you yet! But maybe you should take out that pipe of yours...

[Monster appeared! It has 14 health and will do 3 damage if it hits!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/25/2018 9:37 PM

Flashing your light seems to have worked! The monster stares vacantly into space, disoriented by the light! Now is someone's chance to hit it!

Suddenly a scream erupts from the shadows and a monster charges at Kokoro! It seems to have been summoned by the commotion! Now you're the one in trouble. Try flashing your light again maybe?

[Monster Appeared! It has 5 health and will do 2 damage if it hits!]

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer