Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Dude, Where's My Color? [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:14 PM

Image Image Image

"Oi! Hurry up already! We don't got all day!"

Tenebrae had to have insisted and complained for the millionth time today that their little group moved faster, but as had become the usual ever since he started making a racket, it fell on deaf ears. The two he got stuck getting paired up with were just ignoring him and continued moving the same pace as usual. The zero acknowledgement he'd be getting as the surroundings were apparently far more interesting to at least one of them, just succeeded in irritating him to no end.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Re: Dude, Where's My Color? [Self]

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:15 PM

The one to the left of him, a fox-like creature with now mostly dull gray fur, sighed audibly as she continued staring out at the landscape. He wasn't the only one getting irritated right now. Tenebrae had always been an annoying individual even before this whole mess had started, but today was even worse because she was on this mission with the two that she disliked the most, and some crazy stuff had been going on with this color business that left her in a very bad mood ever since.

She had no desire to put up with his crap any more than she had to.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:21 PM

On the opposite side, a shorter wolf-ish creature was rather preoccupied fiddling around with the device that they'd been given, that she wasn't even listening to him at all right now. The device's purpose was fairly clear when they'd gotten it, but Tala's curiosity had been burning the entire time since they'd set out that she had to see what exactly made it work. Even though Elizabeth had sternly told them to not break it or do anything that could, nobody was around now to really stop her from doing what she wanted with it.

The only issue was, without any tools available, there was no way she could crack it open to see the internals of it...

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:29 PM

While Tala was faced with her little conundrum, the group would keep walking at what Tenebrae continued to deem as "the most sluggish pace EVER".

They were making their way on over to find some color at these type of ruin things that Elizabeth had apparently heard reports about. And as per her typical "bright ideas", she decided that it would be best to have them all split up into groups to retrieve as much color as they could.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:39 PM

Getting stuck with a job like this wouldn't have been the most horrible thing in the world, if Tenebrae had actually gotten partners who cared enough to move quicker! These two were the weirdest in his book with the way they behaved, and he just couldn't get a handle on figuring them out.

While it was for his own selfish reasons, he was the most highly motivated to succeed and actually help with getting color returned to the world! He didn't just want to accomplish only that though, no. What Tenebrae really wanted to also do was get it done with the most efficiency ever.

The faster they got color back, the better things would be in his own little world!

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:43 PM

Silence would begin to drag on as neither one of the others said a single word, an Tenebrae was just about ready to start scratching his own eyes out if this continued any longer. "Alright! THAT'S IT!" He suddenly shouted as his patience finally wore out, turning around on Tala and Tasogare.

That got a reaction out of them, as Tasogare had jumped at his outburst, and Tala just looked around the device with a puzzled expression. "What?" The latter had questioned, as they all had now stopped.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:53 PM

The few precious seconds they'd lose from standing around wouldn't really matter in the long run. Not with what the now upset Tenebrae had cooking up in his mind. "I can't stand this anymore! We're getting to those ruins, TODAY!" Without further explanation or warning, he went over and grabbed the both of them into his long arms. The differences in their sizes compared to his hands made it quite easy for him to just scoop them up, much like baby animals.

"HEY! Lemme go!" Tasogare snarled in protest, trying to wiggle free. Tala didn't look super happy about this situation either, but was more concerned with clutching the device tightly for dear life.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 6:59 PM

The next moment, he turned himself around to face the direction they were going, and started unfurling the large black wings on his back. Spreading them out as far as they would comfortably go, he gave them a strong flap.

Whipping up the air around him as he gave himself the push he needed, he was soon airborne after a couple more flaps.

This would be much more better! Watching the ground beneath them get further and further away, the three were soon moving at much higher speeds than before.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 7:07 PM

There was probably some screaming involved along the way, as he'd gone straight for the most ludicrous speed that he could possibly accomplish. The freedom it brought, and great time they were now making, had succeeded in encouraging him to push his flying abilities to the max.

It wasn't too long before they finally got to the ruins, and with a dive straight down until he was close enough to drop his speed, he landed with a surprising amount of grace. "There!" He proclaimed, tossing his luggage onto the ground with an "oof!" following after as the two landed awkwardly on top one another, and dusted off his hands.

FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/15/2019 7:21 PM

It was, hands down, the worst flight of Tasogare's life.

Everything was moving so fast, she could barely comprehend what was passing them by. And after living pretty much her whole life with her feet on the ground, this ended up being a truly terrifying experience for the fox. Her fur was all messed up now, and she had to shove Tala off of her to get herself back up.

Tala had a bit of an opposite reaction. When she wasn't trying to make sure she had a good grip on the device, she was having quite the time of her life as the wind whipped at her face and she could see everything from up there! She was lucky though that at the end of that trip, she managed to roll forward and land onto her back to avoid damaging her precious possession when she got tossed onto Tasogare.

[Color Harvested]

FrostWynd