Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/21/2008 2:06 AM

Delirious, Rein curled into the other's cool body, completely and totally ignoring any personal boundaries there may have been. Right now, physical contact is all he wanted. And he needed it. Needed to be together with someone. From his fevered lips, a fervent wish - one that he'd been thinking over and over again for almost as long as he could remember.

"Someone.... to spend my life with.... Someone by my side..... I'd give anything...."

He trailed off. But even though the words were filled with heat and illness, they were sincere. Jakerz could feel that much, if he was searching for the truth of the matter. He meant every syllable. Someone that he could grow old with. Someone to be his friend. His brother. His lover. Someone that would always be there for him. It was his deepest, darkest desire. Even deeper than his fascination with vampiric entities. Even deeper than his desire to know the world of Death as well as the world of Life. It was what he wanted most in the entire history of every wish he'd ever made. Someone to be with with. Someone to care for him. And someone for him to care for.
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/21/2008 2:53 AM

Indifferent. That was the very best way to describe how Jakerz was at this very moment. He wasn't accustomed to coming into much physical contact with others, but he didn't care about it at all. He didn't pull away when Rein curled against him, nor did he feel anything good about him being there either. He was just, there. That was that. If any of his thoughts could be considered good at all, it would be that maybe with him being against his icy body that his fever would drop and open him for toying with.

Very nice. Now he didn't even have to really ask if there happened to be something that his new victim-to-be wished for. Yea, it was pretty clear in his words. Jakerz had become too skilled at this job. He could tell when one was truly passionate about something, or they were just wishing to wish. A lot of the time people didn't have any real obligation to what the considered their wishes. He could tell the difference between reasoning, but would take either. Need it be any more explained how much the soul stealer didn't care about the circumstances, the reasoning or even the people? Nothing. He was void to everything.

Yet...He ventured to whisper something into the other's ear. Same time, his eyes flashed in that dangerous sense. Rein was too out of it to see them though.
"Your true wish, I can grant it for you. What, Rein, would you be willing to give in return?" People were not easy things to grant. He'd have to find someone else who agreed to serve him and hand them over. Until then, well, he could pretend. It didn't matter.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/22/2008 1:40 PM

"Anything..."

The words were whisper-quiet in the stillness of the night. It hadn't become daylight yet. It almost seemed like the dawn would never break. And perhaps this was true - perhaps time had stopped for them. Perhaps there was more to Rein than met even Jakerz' eyes and senses. Whatever the reason behind it, the sun had not yet risen. So night was still upon them. With Rein so sick, there appeared to be little to do. But it also meant that he was too far gone to remember to lie. Too far gone to NOT trust the one he was curled against.

"Anything... to be with someone.... forever...."

Once again, quiet words with brilliant sincerity. No truth was as poignant as this, and this is where Rein's true heart, and true desire lay. To be with someone for eternity... To transcend life and death. It was what his other wishes stemmed from. To love someone so much that Death itself was not a bar, and Life went on eternally. Vampires had that. To know the world beyond would be kin to that goal. Yes. He'd give anything. Anything that the other wanted. So long as that one vital part of him, that one wish, was given the light of reality.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/22/2008 10:20 PM

"Anything...." He echoed. That single word seemed to wrap around them, a glue that bound them and allowed a strange sensational feeling to lodge itself into Rein's heart. Anything...Anything...Such a simplistically perfect answer for the question. It gave Jakerz the opportunity to get whatever he wanted out of Rein, since the deal had just been sealed, rather or not it was plainly decided upon. For the soul stealer, it was. In return, the Lucain would get what is was that he wanted. For now... Just for now...This would be okay...

"Quiet now. Your wish is my command." The other young male's voice was gentle in the other's ear as he whispered into it. He was physically cold, as was his breath, but the nature he held changed drastically, becoming warm. Like a lover whispering sweet nothings to his love. The transformation was a quick one, but Jakerz could play the part as far as needed. Perhaps the sudden change would overwhelm him, what with it stacking on top of his illness, or maybe it'd make him feel all the more better.

The should-be-dead snaked his arms around the other's waist, laying down beside him in the clean bed, pulling him directly against him. He made a blanket out of himself for the other in this, inviting him to go ahead and sleep. Sleep...Just sleep. He wasn't well enough to take anything from quite yet. That'd come later. For now, he'd just have to get fit enough to undergo the removal. Of what? He'd have to decide. The joker could be patient enough, for a little while.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 1:34 AM

Rein took the invitation to heart, and closed his eyes fully, resting against the other as he started to completely drift off. His hands and feet were tingly. His arms and legs felt heavy, as did his head. He was a little dizzy, too. But that passed quickly, as he nestled into the other's arms, and sank into oblivion. Dreamless, painless, emotionless sleep.

This sleep lasted for quite a few hours. Resting. Regaining his strength. Slowly, his fever came down. His breathing started to even out. His heartbeat to slow from it's frantic, breakneck pace, into something more approaching normalcy. When he finally did begin to dream - they were static, uninteresting. Just a way for his brain to get some exercise. Once that was finished, he started to wake. This, too, was slow and methodical. And even when his eyes opened, he wasn't completely ready to get up and dance. He was still weak. Still very helpless. That high of a fever takes a lot out of a person. As well as having that breathing pattern for so long. Regardless of being tired still, he was awake, and looking at Jakerz quietly.

"How long was I out?" he asked, rubbing his eyes, and trying to wake up.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2008 2:16 AM

And he had stayed awake every last waking moment of Rein's sleep. He didn't even blink after the first thirty minutes; not something a normal being could manage without being in pain. His ability to stare off and become physically dormant was something he had often used. He was still awake while in one of these odd states, but wasn't directly there. It was sort of like daydreaming, only nothing went through his head. The one thing that had managed to keep him entertained for a time was watching Rein. Not Rein, but his internal systems. His organ systems. He watched as his heart fluttered and raced, pumping blood throughout his veins. He watched his lungs as they inhaled and exhaled air. Some of the most vital organs within the body. They all did the same function, yet with observing them, differences could be found...

"Several hours." He replied as the one began to stir, snapping out of his half-gone state. He brushed Rein's hair from his eyes, and then went into inspecting his eternal workings once more. His vision was...complicated. It was much like he had two fields of vision. On one, he could see normally, on the other, he could see into one's body. He could select an area to find interest in, and his vision basically zoomed in on the area. He could also turn off either vision, if seeing them both got on his nerves. His heart was beating...it had slowed from what it had been before, blood circulated just fun. His lungs were good as well, as were the other organs. His heart was just very questionable, it was what slowed him down. He could even feel as the fever lowered, it's direct toll fading away and leaving exhaustion. His body couldn't handle too much stress right now.

Despite knowing it all, even better then Rein himself, he asked quietly, "How are you feeling?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 2:37 AM

Rein smiled a bit, sleepily, and shook his head. "I don't feel horrible.... Just tired."

The beating of his heart inside him attested to that. Slow. Somewhat labored. But he was strong enough to handle shock, at least. A cough announced that his lungs were working fine, too. And he seemed happy to just be there with Jakerz. He had no idea what he'd gotten himself into. Or did he?

"Did you rest at all? Not that you look like you need it or anything, but... Everyone needs a nap now and then..."

His hand reached out to rest over the others', and he offered a kind smile and a yawn.

"I'm not afraid of you. Though I probably should be.... I trust you. And that's more than I can say for a hell of a lot of people. My fathers included."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2008 3:11 AM

"Sleep, no, I don't make a habit of sleeping." Which he didn't. The only time that he slept was when he had nothing better to do. More often then not, he just let himself be bored. When he went into a sleeping state, it was usually for long periods of time. At least a week, all the way up to a year or two. Any other time, it was just a sleep-like state. Not having a heart functioning within him, save for the paper one, getting his body to wake back up was somewhat difficult. "Rest, you could say so."

His fathers...? His next move wasn't very expected but he leaned down and sniffed Rein, taking in his scent. "Ah yes. I must be blind." He spoke, the comment mostly to himself. That's right. He was a child from someone he'd wanted to make into a toy. Shared their blood. This was getting very interesting now. "Your father would fear me." He finally commented. "The one I know, Strages, would." Jakerz seemed pretty sure of that. He'd made a target out of him for quite some time, just had yet to set any plan into action. He'd taken from Karkaine, he'd taken from Aros, two out of three selected 'important' toys.

"But you have nothing to fear of me anyway, now."

Had Rein yet realized that his wish was being granted?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 3:54 AM

Just to test something, just now, he leaned up, and kissed Jakerz. Completely and totally out of the blue. He just was compelled to do it. To test? To thrill? To be suicidal? He didn't know. Just did it. And the kiss he granted was amazing. Rein had never kissed anyone else before. But for a first-timer, he was pretty good at it. After a moment, he broke away, then looked away.

"Oh gods... I'm so sorry about that... why did I.... Nnnn..."

Frustrated with himself now, he started to sit up, and found himself not wishing to leave the bed. No - NEEDING not to leave the bed. He needed to stay there. With Jakerz. Something deep inside told him that. His heart rate picked up pace. Eyes closed. He lost himself in the rhythm of his own body, before turning back to Jakerz, and watching him. He knew something. Something that he probably should be afraid of. This one knew his father.... But that didn't matter to him. He didn't like either of his fathers. They could rot in hell for all he cared.

"I.... I'm attracted to you.... Do you.... feel the same way?"

And that was about the boldest he'd ever gotten. What was WRONG with him!?
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2008 4:35 AM

Surprised. A little bit. Not enough. It didn't throw him off a whole not, for who knew all what Jakerz had done in his years of life. He probably didn't remember half of it, since most of what happened was never deemed important. He didn't act against the sudden kiss, he didn't pull away or freeze under his touch, but he didn't act into either. He let himself be kissed, showing know direct emotional displays either way.

A contained 'heh.' As he was being watched, he watched the other. He observed. Much of his life was about observation. It was as plain as day that his heart picked up, and he shook his head.

"It is pointless to fret. I'm attracted to you." - How so? He didn't say. The term 'attraction' could be used in many ways, but there was no reason to think that he was being deceiving, rather or not he was. So far, he'd been pretty straight forward with Rein.

"Before you slept, I asked what you longed for and what you'd give for it. Do you remember?" Jogging his memory.

What happened next, it was another step in the deal. The Gallizar leaned forward, griping Rein's shoulders, drawing closer so that he busied him in a return kiss. He didn't want to stop kissing him, as emotion spilled over passing from his lips to the others. A feeling he could drink in, let wash over him. He'd only give enough of a break to take in air before being back at it again. Forceful. No setting him free. Why? Why?
The hands slide down from the shoulders into the upper chest. They moved inside the other's body, harmlessly. It wouldn't cause him pain, as they were tangible to all parts of the body, now, save for what he was targeting. No pain, just a feeling he would be used to. Lets hope he kept busy enough, since Jakerz multi tasked this whole plot. Kiss him and remove his lungs. Good idea.

When he finally decided he wanted to stop, albeit Rein could just as easily lean with him if he'd decided he'd wanted to continue. "You wanted someone to love, I'll be your lover." He said, voice a little raspy from what he did. Heart didn't beat, but he still was accustomed to breathing. It was just a habit.

Clutched in his hands were the partially removed lungs, which he held right against Rein's chest since he couldn't pull them out completely without finishing detaching them. They still moved and functioned with each inhale and exhale. Though out of body, it wouldn't put strain on their owner.
"But I must take these in return. You'll live, but you'll never need to breath again."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 4:47 AM

At first, Rein's first reaction was to panic. But then, it struck him. His dream. A lover.... someone to love him. Someone to care for him. Someone for him to care for. He weighed the consequences in his mind. Weighed them, and decided. Yes. He'd do this. He'd go through with the deal. It was worth it. And if he died? He died in someone's arms. Wordlessly, he nodded, and made his body relax. He had a feeling that if he didn't fight this - it might actually be easier for the other to get what he wanted. And that was fine with him.

"Alright..." he said quietly. "Do it."

He really should have been more freaked out. But then again, in his line of work, he'd seen it all. All except this. But that didn't matter. There was only time now. Time, and a job that no longer really seemed to matter. Time with a person that seemed to be ALL that mattered. Was he afraid? Actually... not really. Nervous, yes - which Jakerz would be able to feel in the pounding of his heart against his chest. But nervousness could be overcome. But no - he was not afraid. Though he should have been. He trusted this odd creature. With his life.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2008 5:02 AM

Just a few simple slices...

Jakerz nodded ever so slightly, accepting the agreement.

The twin appearing organ in one hand, the other ventured back into the body, clawing off all the connections that the body had made to the lungs. It wouldn't hurt him at this very moment, as they were being made, but his whole organ system was just thrown out of order. His brain would be panicking, naturally, trying to figure out what had just happened and release natural chemicals to try and fix it, whatever it took. When air lacked, the body would naturally shut down the less important functions of the body to try and rescue the heart. This would happen, until it figured out that it was going to be fine.
Surprisingly, the stealer was very neat about it. The only blood was what stuck under his nails from cutting. It was free. He held the completely detached organ up for Rein to see. It still acted as it had before, moving with what would have been his breaths if he still had them to breathe with.

A blast of strange magic serged throughout the body, which would hold him together despite his loss. It would calm the panicking body and set things right once more. It'd just take a bit of time. This victim just become very much like him. A living being that should be dead by all logical and medical terms.

Once the magic settled, pain would set it. Normally, that'd be the time that Jakerz would leave, but he'd stay. It was their agreement. He would do all that he could.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 5:17 AM

It didn't take long for the magic to settle. He was fine until then. But when the pain hit... He screamed, and curled in on himself, writhing in agony, shaking all over. His body was going into shock. The heart sped up to try and keep pace, the absence of breath was starting to play with his brain. Lack of oxygen was what the brain was thinking, and in that case, death was approaching. For all intents and purposes, his body thought he was dead. The pain rolled over him in waves of agony. His body was taking MUCH longer to adjust than the others had. All he could do was curl there in a ball, whimpering, tears running down his face. He wanted to breathe. HAD to breathe. But he couldn't. He had no lungs anymore. When his body understood this, he started coughing blood. Not from any real source. But that's what his body created. Blood bubbled over his lips. He swallowed it. Tangy, metallic, filled with pain. This... probably wasn't a typical reaction. But then again - no one in Aaron's family was really 'typical'. After his body realized it wasn't truly coughing up blood, the bleeding stopped, and all Rein could do was lie there on his back, too tired, too agonized to move. Staring up at the ceiling. Chills ran up and down his spine. His temperature soared then dropped. All he wanted right now was someone to hold him. But his body had been convinced that - without lungs - he couldn't speak. So he just looked pleadingly up at Jakerz for reassurance... for comfort.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/23/2008 5:40 AM

And this was why he usually left. Reactions until settling point were always bad. He could vaguely remember his own. Vague, yes, but one of his strongest memories. Almost all were vague, as it were, so it was more like which memory was less vague then the others.
His fragile ears took the worst hit. His eardrums were in pain from the screaming so close to his ears. His head pounded, pain causing more pain. But he gritted his teeth and he'd bare it. Normally excruciating pain was dull for him, a side effect over his years. It must have hurt him a whole hell of a lot if he was getting enough dose of pain. Thinking about it, he could hear a heart beat for over a mile away. That was astonishing for hearing.

As was implied by his half of the deal, the joker appearing male didn't leave. Once the body had settled in as it should have, his own collecting itself, he wiped the tears away, tenderly. He pulled the limp Rein into his lap, holding him close and careful. He actually rocked back and forth, stimulating a calming motion. The bells from his hat jingled a soft melody. His words, which he repeated softly in whispers, assured the other that he'd be alright. Things would return to normal before long. He'd be able to talk and function as well as he had been, if not even better. He'd never need to breath, but he could never die from lack of the ability either. His body would actually be more stable now...almost an immortal.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 6:15 AM

Rein listened to the kind words, and reached up to take Jakerz' hand with his own. He was tired... so tired... so very, very tired. There, on his new lover's lap, Rein's head lolled to one side slowly, and his eyes closed. He did not breathe, but the pulse still beat at his throat, and his heart could still be heard. He was still alive - true to Jakerz' word. Rein did not sleep, though he looked exhausted. He did not lose consciousness, even though it appeared as if he had. He was resting, yes. But awake. And aware. Every beat of his heart caused agony. It was dying down now, but it still hurt. However, he did not regret his decision. He belonged to Jakerz now. Whatever that meant in the long run. Someone he could love forever. Someone to stay with him through everything. A deal with the devil. It was. But there was truth in it. Unlike most lies of that type. Because Jakerz had NOT left him when he was writhing in agony. He'd not abandoned him to be food for whatever spirits haunted this place. Spirits that were starting to stir, and starting to attack. Scratches appeared all over his torso and arms. He jerked, and opened his eyes. He'd never been attacked like this before...

"Jakerz... Jak.... what's... happening?" He'd found his voice. Raspy, still, and quiet. But there.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext