Once a grand cathedral dedicated to the Holy Triumvirate, all that remains now are ruins ever since the religion was rejected strongly in 1823. While the religion is back in favor, the cathedral was never restored. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lya Pointa Cathedral

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/23/2008 4:27 PM

As the wall fell the sound was momentarily obscured. But then it was back, fainter and... moving away much faster. The creature was running now. A hyena like laugh rose up as the distance between the two of them and the mekkayena became smaller. Was it... Was it toying with them?
Well the mekkayena wasn't stupid. Tricksters they were with programmed intelligence, made by the god of Progress himself. No it wasn't a stupid creature, though it must have some sort of flaw, to be dumped here. Left alone to die and rust and go back to the earth it had never been part of.

The trail of the mekkayena led down a hall with rotting carpets that could have been any colour but was now grey green with mold, dirt and dust. A tip of a furred tail was seen slipping into a room, the wooden door half missing, leading the group into what looked to be an old study, perhaps of a priest of long ago.

Sitting on the decaying cushion of an old wooden chair with no legs was what the two had been searching for.

Another hyena like laugh, it's mixed matched eyes watching them without humour. So he'd been found, or perhaps he'd grown tired of hiding. Whatever the creatures reasoning he'd given up on hiding, sitting quite comfortably in his chair. Looking around the dark area it was obvious this was the creatures home. The small bones of batti and rattegan lay scattered about, most of them centralized around a heap of rags that the mekkayena called his bed. This was his home within the cathedral.

(( I love the meekayena's. ^___^ Well he's there but... now what? P= Have fun guys, love you lots. ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

[M lv5][22]

Postby Citanul » 06/23/2008 5:57 PM

((Squee! So awesome! ...Is he ours now? 0o))

Nose immediately to the floor as they came in Mahkah raced after the metal-and-flesh beast. Covered in dust though he was, his spots of softer and darker browns obscured, the somewhat-comical Sahound was certainly as sight as the scent of the Mekkyena drove him on.

Rather sure that this creature had a bit more of a mind for riddles than he, Mahkah lifted his nose once the carpet was found, giving a short growl of disgust as his pads touched the rotted surface, his huge frame making the rotting door lose another chunk after he had stalked inside to 'catch' the Mekkyena.

Now paused for a brief moment to watch the creature he had so dilligently trailed the massive Sahound sneezed and at the same time shook his fur, sneding quite a bit of settled dust and grime to settle about him. Now clearer of mind he watched the beast with the two-colored eyes that reminded him quite a lot of his Citanul, if they had only been blue and gray.

This was most certainly his turf, but Mahkah was not going to let him get away. This was... A once-in-a-lifetime chance to capture the reject Mekkyena. Now, what to do...
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

AC5.23

Postby Ander » 06/23/2008 7:00 PM

((Wow. Cita squee'd. *checks the sky for rain of fire*))

Christa practically glided as she fled after their sought beast, answering its eerie cackle with a soft bay of her own. Was it wrong of such an angelic creature to love the hunt? Whatever. Bounding after Mahkah now, she slipped slightly on the molding carpet, but it didn't deter her much: after a rapid flutter of wings and slight scrambling, she was after the larger Sahound as the chase carried him through the wretched door.

She shook herself lightly after coming through, so dust-ridden that her spots looked grey instead of blue. It was a good thing that her wings and fur were already slightly ruffled from her excitement; otherwise, it would have been all too apparent that her first look at the Mekkayena had tainted her thrill with fear. It laughed once more, and that did nothing to her on its own, but his humorless leer made her wince. What did that sound of laughter mean, if there was no mirth in his eyes?

The Sahound's eyes widened as something else occurred to her, and she looked at Mahkah, alarmed. Would she have to fight with him for the Sahound? She knew he wanted the wild creature, but... Christa turned back to the Mekkayena, carefully filing away every detail of his fur, his darkness, his circuitry.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/23/2008 7:41 PM

(( Nope, you have to catch him yet. Just because he's cornered and rusty doesn't mean he can't put up a good fight. Or perhaps this will be more of a mind game? Who knows,we'll see what happens, huh? hahaha ))

It's one metallic ear pricked toward towards the two, his large head tilting to the side. A wild, crazy grin flashed at the two as he let off another giggle fit.

"I see you've been scampering all over my home, looking for me," he said. The voice was quite strong, and not fitting considering the surroundings. When had he last said a word allowed? Oh it must have been years, after he gave up on Xai're ever taking him back.

"Well, you've found me. Now what, pups?" he threw his head back, laughing heartily before returning his steely gaze back to the two.
"What do you want from me?"
How could the mekkayena know that he was searched for as a pet? Human matters had never concerned him, even when working under Xai're. Without a purpose in life he'd never thought to seek another. And even if he had, why turn to the humans? He'd seen more than enough of their ways not to have an interrest in being abandonned yet again.

(( Aw, does the mekka have feelings? How cute. Though he isn't acting very friendly towards the two sahounds. Will there be a fight? There's a good chance of that. o3o;; ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

[M lv5][23]

Postby Citanul » 06/23/2008 9:54 PM

((XD Apocalypse!))

Watching the Mekkyena carefully the dusty Sahound's ears swivelled as the sounds of his laughter echoed slightly off of the slightly-crumbling walls that were dusted with cobwebs. This one was obviously male, from his deep voice... Among other features...

Not truly expecting the Mekka to even be this civil, Mahkah was at a lost for a few moments what to do. He had an agressive stance, a mane of dark and light brown fur standing along his back as he took a protective gesture over Christa.

"There are many hunting you down. We just happened upon you first." His voice slowly lost the gravelly tone that came from the deep growling he had done earlier. "My Planeswalker admires your strength. I plan to take you back to him." He said nothing of a pet, thinking that not the right word of course... A companion, possibly... Something akin to that. Citanul would not abandon the Mekkyena, even if he held defect.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

AC5.24

Postby Ander » 06/24/2008 1:45 PM

Christa shied out from under Mahkah, not feeling that this was the proper situation for protection. This Mekkayena, sfter all, didn't really scare her. Under threat, it didn't really need to attack them. All it had to do was run.

"You already know that there are others on the lookout for you and your kin; you've evaded them all." She began speaking coaxingly, wings spread in as peaceful a manner as she could muster. "You are obviously a strong Mekkayena, so how could we not want to find you? We only ask you to return to outer Evelon with us, and walk with Mahkah to meet his boy, Citanul. Mahkah swears fealty to the man. He will respect you, honor you - and never abandon you, I'm sure." The Seraph put every ounce of truth behind her words - even if nervousness made them spill out a little faster than normal.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/24/2008 2:52 PM

The mekkayena seemed disinterested in what they had to say, or perhaps he didn't believe a word of it.

"Happened?" The mekkayena laughed, "So you think that after years of evading you annoying creatures," his voice slipped for a moment from normal to mechanical. One could not forget that he was only half living. He wasn't a complete being like the two before him. Ah, so fragile. He had no reason for living and didn't much respect his own life.
"Years and years that I would slip up enough that you 'happened' upon me? Silly thing to be assuming if you ask me," His voice returned to normal. He'd never noticed the change, or didn't care.

"Plan?" at this the mekka tipped his head in mock curiosity, "Oh well life does not go as planned, not always. You see I'd planned on surviving Xai're till I died, till my circuits came apart, to my dying breath. Plans don't always work out as you'd hoped. I do hope that you didn't think because you planned something it was insured, pup," His attention then turned from Mahkah to the seraph sahound. A seraph? Here on Evelon?

"And why aren't you serving your god, Seraph? What brings you down to this plane? Here to mock the broken servant of Xai're, are you?" a savage grin came over him, the fur along his back rising.

(( Uh-oh~ Well, things have turned for the worse. XD;; Perhaps bringing back memories of his past in the Triumvante wasn't a good idea. -pokes the living memory, IE: Seraph Sahound- X3;; Good luck! o3o;; ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

[M lv5][24]

Postby Citanul » 06/24/2008 4:04 PM

The muddy Sahound let the other slip from under his stance, knowing that he was quick enough to protect her should the Mekkyena lunge at them. "I do not assume that we happened upon you." Mahkah cursed himself for never being able to say the right thing. "But you surely jest if you think you deliberately led us here. We caught onto your scent."

"Plans go well when you are strong enough to make them." Mahkah growled shortly, still watching the half-machine half-beast infront of him. He heard the mechanical slip, for it was obvious to his sensitive ears. Nothing was completely sure, no... But he was going to bring this Mekkyena back to Citanul. One way or another, he would. Even if it took taking him down by phsyical force, since words didn't seem to be working.

Pausing for just a moment to let Christa try to explain her predicament, he tookanother step forward to the Mekkyena. "So what do you plan on doing now? Sitting here and rusting until all of the Rattegan are gone, or your circuits give way and you no longer can carry out any basic functions? There are better ways to end your life, or start anew."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

AC5.25

Postby Ander » 06/24/2008 5:52 PM

((Eh... *cowers and pokes Christa* Oh dear.))

Christa felt chills shooting down her spine as the Mekkayena spoke to her, and excised visible effort to keep her hackles from rising. She steeled herself, however, and faced the Mekkayena with olive fire in her eyes. "I mock no one! My own girl favors Xai're." The last was quiet, murmured as if an afterthought. But Christa's voice and attention were soon strong again. "I am a healer, and nothing more." She insisted. She thought suddenly and fervently of Sa'ouna. "I serve a girl, not a god. the Holy Triumvirate.. means about as much to me as it does to this cathedral. Nothing, not any more." The Mekkayena's words seemed to touch some hidden nerve in the otherwise imperturbable hound. Not that it deterred her much from her current purpose.
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/24/2008 7:11 PM

The mekka's attention was mostly on the seraph. His old life, back to haunt him. Lovely, just fantastic! But she claimed to have no ties to the Triumvante?
"Have the gods decided to reject defective seraph aswell? My, they've become picky, now, haven't they?"
Mockingly he laughed at the seraph sahound. Just as pathetic as himself, it felt good to know that he wasn't alone.
"They must set high standards for their servants, I suppose. They're entitled to it, being the Gods and all," he snickered to himself, looking at the two of them.

Ah, the question of his point in life had come up.
"Rattegan breed quite quickly, I'm not at all worried about my food supply running out," he said, sounding less amused with this sahound. No he much prefer to see if he could upset the seraph.
"I have no plans, for now I plan on speaking with the two of you. If you've grown bored of my company," he said, still mocking, "you're welcome to go. Or I suppose I could leave you and keep out of your way, until you've given up and return home, empty handed to your precious master,"

(( He REALLY doesn't like you guys. XD;; -watches him fling insults left and right- You sure you want somebody this rude and bitter? X3;;; ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

[M lv5][25]

Postby Citanul » 06/24/2008 7:30 PM

With the Mekkyena obviously watching the Seraph, Mahkah was watching him carefully. Looking for any weak points, a defective gear or joint... Something that would help him take him down. Incapacitate him enough to drag him back to Citanul - would be easier if Christa could get the Garagnirs to carry them there.

It was a little hard to get Mahkah worked up, unless the Mekka actually upset Christa or moved to attack her. Then he would see the dust-colored Sahound really tear his teeth into him.

"I will not leave here without you, one way or another, Mekkyena." By now Mahkah wasn't concerned about his words - why not just be blunt about it? "Maybe your just afraid your too defective, that even Citanul will not want you around."

((XD *scolds Mahkah* Stop making him angrier! And yush. 00 I still want him. As bad-tempered as he is.))
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

AC6.26

Postby Ander » 06/24/2008 8:05 PM

"The gods have always been picky, Mekkayena." You know that as well as I, she longed to say. But how could she stand to make things more difficult than they were? The Seraph cast a sharp glance at Mahkah. Had he surrended any recourse but fighting, then? Did he not believe the Mekkayena's threat to evade them again, endlessly? Christa believed that he could do it; this was his home, not theirs. "I don't blame them their selectiveness." Christa said, voice softer than she had begun. "It is a waste of my time to think on them, when there is nothing the Triumvante can further offer me." It hurt to say the blasphemous words aloud, though Christa tried her best not to show it.

She glanced again at Mahkah. "Your company is not boring, Mekkayena. Far from it. In fact, we would like very much to remain in your company." The female closed her eyes, making sure that when she opened them again, they were locked on the Mekkayena's dual-toned ones. "Actually, we are kind of determined to do so."

((EDIT: He does want him. Really, really wants him. And I, personally, love his attitude... heh.))
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 06/24/2008 8:41 PM

(( I wish I could own wild pets. -would kidnap him- He's pretty great. oPo Weird though, he seems to have taken a liking to the one who brings him painful memories. XD;; She's nicer, after all. ))

The mekkayena finally stood, regarding the two.
"Seems that one of you says one thing, and the other another. It's amusing, to see you so out of sync," another of his hyena laughs.

Oh how he'd miss having somebody to talk to. The words flowed so easily from his maw now and it felt good. Good to know that he could still converse, that he wasn't a mindless beast.
"Tell me," he said, only giving a side glance to Mahkah before looking up at the ceiling, "If this 'Citanul' wants me so badly for a companion, why did he send a pup, such as yourself? Your linguistic skills, manners and temper leave something to be desired. Did he really think that you could take on one such as myself in a fight? Perhaps he just wanted to get rid of a mutt such as yourself. Though I admire your dedication, pup,"
He spat the word out, as if distasteful. Though he could, to some degree, understand where this sahound was coming from. He, too, had been loyal like that. And look where it had gotten him.
"Aren't you afraid that he'll replace you with me, once you've succeeded in this task?"

(( Touching some sensitive nerves? That's what he's going for. oPo;; fear it. I think this is the longest I've been in a RP. Congrats~? X3;; -bets you're getting annoyed now- X3;; Sorry, this guys got an annoying, stubborn character. XD;;; He just won't let go of this old place. ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

[M lv6][26]

Postby Citanul » 06/24/2008 9:13 PM

((XD It's fine. Mahkah is liable to snap at him - if this ends up in a fight, what happens? XDDD))

Well, Mahkah figured they would be out of sync. He and the Seraph Sahound had completely different approaches to coaxing this Mekkyena to come with them to Citanul. ...Discord could always come to examine him upon the Terramorphic Expanse.

"I am no pup!" The mane of fur upon his scruff stood up again as he stalked forward. "Citanul did not send me! I came here to do it to show him that I could." He growled rather quietly, ears flickering at the harsh words of this Mekkyena. "Just because I'm not as articulate as you doesn't mean I can't fight!" The last statement had hit a nerve, however...

"Citanul doesn't favor any of his companions over the others. He won't replace me - expecially not with someone as bad-tempered and faulty as you."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ander » 06/24/2008 9:53 PM

((Not annoying! Awesome! *pokes RE2 and stubborn Mekka*))

Christa blinked, looking from Mahkah to the Mekkayena. Her ears tilted toward him in entreaty. This Mekkayena seemed to know just how to punch both of their buttons... and she had to wonder how. He was certainly determined to get a rise out of them. She shook her head. And Mahkah was certainly delivering.

"We only met today. Or yesterday. Or... however long we've wandered here," Christa mused. "Maybe that's why. So I could balance Mahkah's, ah... tactlessness." Her ears twitched toward the larger Sahound apologetically. "Sure you can understand his dedication." She continued softly. "It seems that you show the same dedication to this place."
Ander
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext